Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, Slice said:

Test this file

AptioMemoryFix.efi.zip

Or choose OsxAptioFix3Dxe-64.efi from Clover package instead.

Allright..

just realised that AptioMemoryFix.efi does not seem to be part of Clover_v2.4k_r4532 at all. Thus, when installing the Clover_v2.4k_r4532 package, it simply get's removed!

That's what caused all my boot issues independent from 10.13.5, 10.13.6, 10.14 or X299 and X99. If I include the AptioMemoryFix.efi, which you attached above after the  Clover_v2.4k_r4532 package installation, all works as expected and system boot of both rigs is just fine!

Without any intention to offend anybody :-) My experience with AptioMemoryFix.efi is just gorgeous, while I faced several issues with OsxAptioFix3Dxe-64.efi derivatives during the last months.  Thus, would it be possible to implement AptioMemoryFix.efi in the Clover build to be downloaded with the Build_Clover.command? 

BTW.. Why do you still include OsxAptioFix2Dxe-64.efi and OsxAptioFixDxe-64.efi, which seem not to work at all? 

Yet it does not seem clear to me from the previous posts how to properly solve the NASM issue... 

Edited by KGP-iMacPro

32 minutes ago, KGP-iMacPro said:

Yet it does not seems clear to me form the previous posts how to properly solve the NASM issue... 

Two things you have to do to try and fix the NASM issues.

1. do a nasm -v in Terminal to see which version are you currently using. It's most likely outdated.

It should say something like this. If it doesn't, go to step 2. :)

NASM version 2.13.03 compiled on Feb  7 2018

2. to use that version, make sure your nasm file is downloaded from https://www.nasm.us/pub/nasm/releasebuilds/2.13.03/macosx/nasm-2.13.03-macosx.zip and is included in the $PATH.

Create /opt/local/bin and put it there, but don't forget to also add /opt/local/bin to your actual path (in case you don't already have it).

If everything ok, when you do nasm -v, you should see the correct version .

Edited by arsradu

2 hours ago, arsradu said:

Two things you have to do to try and fix the NASM issues.

1. do a nasm -v in Terminal to see which version are you currently using. It's most likely outdated.

It should say something like this. If it doesn't, go to step 2. :)

NASM version 2.13.03 compiled on Feb  7 2018

2. to use that version, make sure your nasm file is downloaded from https://www.nasm.us/pub/nasm/releasebuilds/2.13.03/macosx/nasm-2.13.03-macosx.zip and is included in the $PATH.

Create /opt/local/bin and put it there, but don't forget to also add /opt/local/bin to your actual path (in case you don't already have it).

If everything ok, when you do nasm -v, you should see the correct version .

Now?

1306307292_Screenshot2018-06-12at00_06_41.png.7a72370aff519292c6b7020c81d9de03.png

1029068988_Screenshot2018-06-12at00_11_20.thumb.png.1ca62d0f081191c80115dd2e652e7bda.png

9 hours ago, Badruzeus said:

I just run build_clover script under Ubuntu 18.04 and also got issue with network connectivity.. it seems something wrong with the server but I'm not really sure, done with local ~/src rebuilt from scratch this morning under mac, then tonight we see this.

Screenshot from 2018-06-11 23-45-12.jpg

1.PNG.c144f6d9e75ceae8f422373e57e10d62.PNG

in my case, host force to disconnected my connection. maybe sf dowload file size max is 48.01mb at once? what is happen in sf? strange...

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Sherlocks said:

in my case, host force to disconnected my connection. maybe sf dowload file size max is 48.01mb at once? what is happen in sf? strange...

I gave up on SF. I'm not even gonna try. Looks like they have their servers on a boat. Every time the wind blows, they go offline.

5 hours ago, KGP-iMacPro said:

Now?

Hmm... Not sure.

Can you do ./ebuild.sh cleanpkg and try to build again?

Also, could you, please, do echo $PATH in Terminal and post the output? Is nasm added to opt/local/bin ?

Edited by arsradu

But why we need to add a PATH to opt/local/bin?

There is already

if [[ -f "/opt/local/bin/nasm" ]]; then
    export NASM_PREFIX="/opt/local/bin/"
  elif [[ -f "${TOOLCHAIN_DIR}/bin/nasm" ]]; then
    # using $TOOLCHAIN_DIR here should allow Clover source to be
    # inside any sub folder instead of only in ~/
    export NASM_PREFIX="${TOOLCHAIN_DIR}/bin/"
  else
    export NASM_PREFIX=""
  fi

ebuild.sh do this automatically!

Is it a mistake of build_clover_command?

EDITED: It is a mistake of tools_def.txt which didn't contain right NASM_PATH for XCODE8 toolset.

Fixed in 4533.

• Like 3

The per-toolchain definitions are redundant because of a default

##################
# NASM tool definitions
##################
*_*_*_NASM_PATH                = ENV(NASM_PREFIX)nasm
# NASMB uses NASM produce a .bin from a .nasmb NASM source file
*_*_*_NASMB_FLAGS              = -f bin

But build of Clover.dsc uses ${NASM_PREFIX}nasm

and BootHFS/Makefile uses just "nasm" from ${PATH}

Which can be different.

${PATH} always contains ${TOOLCHAIN_DIR}/bin because of pathmunge in ebuild.sh.

But ${PATH} may not contain /opt/local/bin - which is where correct version may be installed with only other version in ${PATH} is outdated Apple nasm.

I think that's cause of mismatch.

• Like 1

Morning guys! :)

Well, I downloaded sources for 4533 and tried to compile. But....I got stuck at exactly the same point. No error. But...no build either. I'm not sure how does it work for you... :)))

@Slice thank you very much for the updated build. :)

Generating BootSectors
[NASM] boot0af.s -> /Users/jimmy/src/UDK2018/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverV2/BootSectors/boot0af
[NASM] boot0ss.s -> /Users/jimmy/src/UDK2018/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverV2/BootSectors/boot0ss
[NASM] boot0md.s -> /Users/jimmy/src/UDK2018/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverV2/BootSectors/boot0md
[NASM] boot1h.s -> /Users/jimmy/src/UDK2018/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverV2/BootSectors/boot1h
[NASM] boot1h2.s -> /Users/jimmy/src/UDK2018/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverV2/BootSectors/boot1h2
[NASM] boot1f32.s -> /Users/jimmy/src/UDK2018/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverV2/BootSectors/boot1f32
[NASM] boot1f32alt.s -> /Users/jimmy/src/UDK2018/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverV2/BootSectors/boot1f32alt
[NASM] boot1x.s -> /Users/jimmy/src/UDK2018/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverV2/BootSectors/boot1x
[NASM] boot1xalt.s -> /Users/jimmy/src/UDK2018/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverV2/BootSectors/boot1xalt
Description.txt -> /Users/jimmy/src/UDK2018/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverV2/BootSectors/Description.txt
Installation.txt -> /Users/jimmy/src/UDK2018/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverV2/BootSectors/Installation.txt
Done!

Clover descriptions are fixed. But...shouldn't there be a feature to help people check only the relevant/non-mutually exclusive drivers? I thought there should be. But maybe I got this wrong.

The idea is to make sure people (especially new users) don't select (as I actually saw this before) ALL the drivers in Drivers64UEFI, simply because they don't know which ones they need.

In short, my opinion is that, the installer shouldn't allow you to just check ALL drivers. Or if you do that, it should only select the ones that are not mutually exclusive/redundant.

That's another reason why I think grouping Drivers by their purpose is a good idea. It makes it a lot clearer to new users.

Just like we did with "install for UEFI booting only" which, once checked, will disable legacy options, since they don't go together, the same way we could do for the Drivers options. Once one of them is checked, the other one needs to be disabled, if it's not compatible, or if it's redundant.

249469627_Screenshot2018-06-12at09_07_54.png.56ef13f5299b2442573d8dfe0a69b398.png

Edited by arsradu
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, KGP-iMacPro said:

@arsradu, @Slice

Error still persistent with 4533.. 

Yep... I'm not sure why do you get an error though... I'm also stuck, as you can see above. But there is no error in my case.

You have Java installed, right? I remember that was necessary for building.

By the way guys, do you need JDK for building or you can use JRT as well? I got the JDK just in case. But...I'm not sure if it actually makes a difference here.

4 hours ago, Sherlocks said:

1.PNG.c144f6d9e75ceae8f422373e57e10d62.PNG

Using @Pene's method here, seems better to me. I have SF account already so nothing to worry.
Hhh, build succeeded moment ago, but when open this.. it has been released hours ago, what worsing my time #lol

Screenshot 26.png

Edited by Badruzeus

what is pene method? need to login? download source before? how about source download in linux?

Using [mention=42278]Pene[/mention]'s method here, seems better to me. I have SF account already so nothing to worry.
Hhh, build succeeded moment ago, but when open this.. it has been released hours ago, what worsing my time #lol
1263425089_Screenshot26.png.b11c61a5466d03badd629cac4057bb17.png

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

12 minutes ago, Sherlocks said:

what is pene method? need to login? download source before? how about source download in linux?

Oops, sorry was missing link on prev. post. I mean HERE

Edited by Badruzeus

hi all I have a video card Radeon HD 7670 that is recognized only minimally enough to allow the installation of Sierra and High Sierra and then I also have a large nvidia 220 of the gigabyte but I'm not seen and therefore allows the installation of Sierra or High Sierra. do you have any suggestions to give me since for the moment I can not make a new video card because I have some expenses in progress?

hi all I have a video card Radeon HD 7670 that is recognized only minimally enough to allow the installation of Sierra and High Sierra and then I also have a large nvidia 220 of the gigabyte but I'm not seen and therefore allows the installation of Sierra or High Sierra. do you have any suggestions to give me since for the moment I can not make a new video card because I have some expenses in progress?
Probably best to ask a proper question in the appropriate forum thread. Either Sierra or High Sierra (not both) depending on which one you are trying to install.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zenith432 said:

The per-toolchain definitions are redundant because of a default

##################
# NASM tool definitions
##################
*_*_*_NASM_PATH                = ENV(NASM_PREFIX)nasm
# NASMB uses NASM produce a .bin from a .nasmb NASM source file
*_*_*_NASMB_FLAGS              = -f bin

But build of Clover.dsc uses ${NASM_PREFIX}nasm

and BootHFS/Makefile uses just "nasm" from ${PATH}

Which can be different.

${PATH} always contains ${TOOLCHAIN_DIR}/bin because of pathmunge in ebuild.sh.

But ${PATH} may not contain /opt/local/bin - which is where correct version may be installed with only other version in ${PATH} is outdated Apple nasm.

I think that's cause of mismatch.

1507968513_Screenshot2018-06-12at11_20_39.png.376628c3af77dec3e7aa1cd6db7c2f19.png

And Build_Clover.command fails though.. 

17 minutes ago, KGP-iMacPro said:

1507968513_Screenshot2018-06-12at11_20_39.png.376628c3af77dec3e7aa1cd6db7c2f19.png

And Build_Clover.command fails though.. 

Yeah, build_clover.command fails because SF servers are made of toilet paper. I just tried to do a clone of the Clover sources (JUST CLOVER), which are 79MB, and guess what? "Connection reset by peer" and sourgeforge.net is down. Again.

Edited by arsradu
  • Like 3

Hey guys... So...there's one more command needed to make the installer. And that's apparently missing from the instructions. :) 

@Slice maybe we can add that part, as well? For people who want to make the entire installer.

cd ~/src/UDK2018/Clover/CloverPackage/
./makepkg

Otherwise of course if won't package anything. :))

So, yeah, it said "Done!" before, because that part was really done! I was just expecting it to do something more than it was told. And of course it didn't.

Looks like the old instructions are still good for something. :P 

Also, question: where should this command put the Patches_for_UDK2018? Cause I'm not sure it actually copies anything.... If it should be under UDK2018/Patches_for_UDK2018..well, maybe I did it wrong, but it doesn't look like it copies anything there. And I'm honestly not sure why. Again, I could be very wrong, so I do apologise in advance for that. :) 

cp -R Patches_for_UDK2018/* ../

Anyway, everything seems to work fine with Clover 4535.

2090241217_ScreenShot2018-06-12at13_04_30.png.18c459bbd39465cf71285188ce2ed612.png

Edited by arsradu

Yeah, build_clover.command fails because SF servers are made of toilet paper. I just tried to do a clone of the Clover sources (JUST CLOVER), which are 79MB, and guess what? "Connection reset by peer" and sourgeforge.net is down. Again.
yes. if download file which is 49mb over, sf host force to disconnect our connection. for some times, we can't access sf site. we have to wait that sf host free our connection. now sf download file limit size about 48mb at once. but clover size is about 79mb. it's not good status for users.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sherlocks said:

yes. if download file which is 49mb over, sf host force to disconnect our connection. for some times, we can't access sf site. we have to wait that sf host free our connection. now sf download file limit size about 48mb at once. but clover size is about 79mb. it's not good status for users.

Well, you can do what I did and download Clover sources from their website. Which, interestingly enough, seems to work: https://sourceforge.net/code-snapshots/svn/c/cl/cloverefiboot/code/cloverefiboot-code-r4535.zip (this is obviously for r4535). For future source updates, link needs to be updated, as well.

Unpack, rename cloverefiboot-code-r4535 to Clover and move it into /src/UDK2018/

Edited by arsradu

i know. but it's manual process without svn.
i can't commit clover in windows. i will ask sf site this issue

Well, you can do what I did and download Clover sources from their website. Which, interestingly enough, seems to work: https://sourceforge.net/code-snapshots/svn/c/cl/cloverefiboot/code/cloverefiboot-code-r4535.zip
Unpack, rename cloverefiboot-code-r4535 to Clover and move it into /src/UDK2018/

Just now, Sherlocks said:

i know. but it's manual process without svn.
i can't commit clover in windows. i will ask sf site this issue

Yep... Unfortunately that's a disadvantage. But...I couldn't find a better way. And in your case, it doesn't really help.

• Like 1