Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

I erased the drive before the install. But I will try again, so far it has happened on a fresh install and two other drives that were updated from 13.2-13.3 to 13.4. There is also another user with the same error on an FX and a Ryzen system initial boot is fine but the restart gets the error.

My research mentioned fakesmckext and HWSensirs plug-ins but I’m not using those for my AMD setup. In fact I removed the fakesmckext from clover. It’s a long boot without it.

Make sure to check inside fakesmc.kext also, sometimes there are plugins inside it.

• Like 1

I erased the drive before the install. But I will try again, so far it has happened on a fresh install and two other drives that were updated from 13.2-13.3 to 13.4. There is also another user with the same error on an FX and a Ryzen system initial boot is fine but the restart gets the error.

My research mentioned fakesmckext and HWSensirs plug-ins but I’m not using those for my AMD setup. In fact I removed the fakesmckext from clover. It’s a long boot without it.

After the first boot, the kext gets into the prelinked kernel and fails to load for second boot.

• Like 1

After the first boot, the kext gets into the prelinked kernel and fails to load for second boot.

I've replaced the prelinked kernel a few times but it still doesn't remove the error I will do another fresh install and save all my kernels and relinked kernels for more testing.    I will not add fakesmckext and or check it for plugins.  It makes for a long boot (timeout 60 sec,.) over and over again. 

run kextcache with "-v 3" switch.  It will tell you each kext prelinked.

I ran a kextstat command earlier and it showed HWSensors loaded but I didn't install them.    It only happens in 13.4 with 13.3 I never have this issue.   I wonder if apple has incorporated HW sensors in the beta 13.4 like they did with whatevergreen and/or Rad de init for AMD graphics?

Thanks everyone for the replies I will continue to search this out and check all suggestions.

@Gigamax

There are two versions of HWSensors, kozleks/rehabman(HwSensors+FakeSMC6) and my (HWSensors3+FakeSMC3.5). Only my version is intended for AMD CPU.

If first one then open FakeSMC/Contens/Plugins and look inside.

If my version then IntelCPUMonitor can be in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/other folder or in /System/Library/Extensions. In the second case you have to delete kext and /System/Library/Prelinkedkernels/prelinkedkernel

• Like 1

Oh man, that's cool, what are the last two combinations? CMD+R worked? How would that work if say your selected boot volume was corrupted and couldn't be read? Does it search for any other boot.efi and let it find the recovery? That's weird, so it probably does.... lol.

vit said this in FileVault 2 post:

Modified UsbKbDxe, a slightly altered version is present in Clover.

Pros:

— works with any USB keyboard in any BIOS;

— offers completely functional Apple boot keys (CMD+V, 3+2, CMD+R, etc.);

Cons:

— might require a physical keyboard reconnect after driver load with AMI UEFI BIOS;

— might lead to a complete freeze of the system with AMI UEFI BIOS.

just found this: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/331381-aptiomemoryfix/?p=2572819

so I think it is handled somehow by boot.efi?

new okrasit patches for EIST for 10.13.4 beta (performance fix if EIST is enabled in bios)

All credits goes to PMHeart which discovered new kernel locations  :)

Thank you

in kernel section

find
C1E30848 63D389D0 48C1EA20 B9990100 000F3048 FF05C940 6E004883 C4085B5D C3662E0F 1F840000 000000

repl
BB00FF00 004863D3 89D048C1 EA20B999 0100000F 3048FF05 C9406E00 4883C408 5B5DC390 90909090 909090

So, I by mistake pressed F9 key on Clover GUI. Soon, I got black screen with a blinking cursor on the top left.

Then, I press Esc key and the GUI appears again but it uses my lowest disp reso (Vesa 640x480. Custom set was 1360x768).

My question; What is F9 key for? I see nothing on Help menu. Thanks.

(FYi, I'm using Legacy Clover r4414).

Mx2pmPS.png

Hi,

I just found out that since 10.9 you do not use a cpu timing SSDT anymore and enable PluginType in Clover's ACPI settings instead. Honestly I did not get that from reading the clover documentation only.... So it generates this powermanagement SSDT, right?:

/*
 * Intel ACPI Component Architecture
 * AML/ASL+ Disassembler version 20161210-64(RM)
 * Copyright (c) 2000 - 2016 Intel Corporation
 * Disassembling to non-symbolic legacy ASL operators
 * Disassembly of iASL6V44Zi.aml, Mon Feb 12 13:55:10 2018
 * Original Table Header:
 *     Signature        "SSDT"
 *     Length           0x00000053 (83)
 *     Revision         0x01
 *     Checksum         0x80
 *     OEM ID           "PmRef"
 *     OEM Table ID     "CpuPm"
 *     OEM Revision     0x00003000 (12288)
 *     Compiler ID      "INTL"
 *     Compiler Version 0x20120320 (538051360)
 */
DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 1, "PmRef", "CpuPm", 0x00003000)
{
    External (_PR_.CPU0, DeviceObj)    // Warning: Unknown object

Scope (\_PR.CPU0)
    {
        Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
        {
            If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))
            {
                Return (Buffer (One)
                {
                     0x03                                           
                })
            }

Return (Package (0x02)
            {
                "plugin-type", 
                One
            })
        }
    }
}

Now XCPM is really enabled, and everything feels a tiny bit more snappy. Now PikerAlpha stated in his original blog post, that also AppleSMBusPCI.kext is not required anymore - but it stills loads here. Any idea why it loads? I can unload it, without any change.

Also another related question: The guide says not to activate "dropOEM". But do I still have to drop my vendors Cpu0Ist and CpuPm ssdts?

Just wonder why the AptioInputFix doesn't affect when the GUI Loaded?

I put the ReadAllKeyStrokes there to prevent AptioInputFix some kind of override the key that use to enter GUI from timeout=0

It does. That's why you can't press a key and get into the GUI, because the key aggregator ate all the previous key strokes. The code you gave just discards them instead of using them in the aggregator or the GUI properly. Locate the key aggregator proctocol and check that it has any keys in it's buffer, if you really want to be thorough only set KeyPressedForGUI if the keystrokes in the key aggregator are not relevant to a startup command.

vit said this in FileVault 2 post:

just found this: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/331381-aptiomemoryfix/?p=2572819

so I think it is handled somehow by boot.efi?

Yes, some are handled by boot.efi, by the firmware gathering keystrokes into the key aggregator and that is examined by boot.efi. So if you read all the keystrokes before the driver is loaded then you discarded them before the driver could gather them. So you've exchanged the functionality of the key aggregator before boot for the functionality of the GUI appearing, they should not be mutually exclusive.

I will not add fakesmckext and or check it for plugins.

You cannot boot without FakeSMC.... Also almost guarantee you are just copying FakeSMC.kext straight from the download and not removing any of it's plugins, which is where the monitor is usually.

new okrasit patches for EIST for 10.13.4 beta (performance fix if EIST is enabled in bios)

All credits goes to PMHeart which discovered new kernel locations  :)

Thank you

in kernel section

find

C1E30848 63D389D0 48C1EA20 B9990100 000F3048 FF05C940 6E004883 C4085B5D C3662E0F 1F840000 000000

repl

BB00FF00 004863D3 89D048C1 EA20B999 0100000F 3048FF05 C9406E00 4883C408 5B5DC390 90909090 909090

EIST is speedstep..... Why would speedstep be causing issues? Who is not enabling speed step? WTF is this post about?

So, I by mistake pressed F9 key on Clover GUI. Soon, I got black screen with a blinking cursor on the top left.

Then, I press Esc key and the GUI appears again but it uses my lowest disp reso (Vesa 640x480. Custom set was 1360x768).

My question; What is F9 key for? I see nothing on Help menu. Thanks.

(FYi, I'm using Legacy Clover r4414).

https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/code/HEAD/tree/rEFIt_UEFI/refit/menu.c#l2535

Hi,

I just found out that since 10.9 you do not use a cpu timing SSDT anymore and enable PluginType in Clover's ACPI settings instead. Honestly I did not get that from reading the clover documentation only.... So it generates this powermanagement SSDT, right?:

Now XCPM is really enabled, and everything feels a tiny bit more snappy. Now PikerAlpha stated in his original blog post, that also AppleSMBusPCI.kext is not required anymore - but it stills loads here. Any idea why it loads? I can unload it, without any change.

Also another related question: The guide says not to active "dropOEM". But do I still have to drop my vendors Cpu0Ist and CpuPm ssdts?

If you have a table named CpuPm or that already defines any of those methods you cannot inject that table or it will just be discarded. You don't need an speedstep SSDT for XCPM because the state data is stored elsewhere in OS resources. Most likely you don't want to drop those tables, especially CpuPm if you are going to be using them. So you'll probably have to edit your CpuPm table anyway because of the name and it probably most likely already has a _DSM method, so maybe just edit that and add that code to it?

• Like 2

Hi apianti

I don't like your way to express here  (WTF) but I will try to explain in a kind way I hope

Do you know what okrasit patch does in case of an unsupported CPU if you have bios EIST function enabled?

It helps to reach in that case Higher states for cpu during loaded task 

to explain better

EIST enabled no turboboost for (unsupported) CPU

ie cinebench15 benchmark in my rig has a correct value of 2950 with EIST disable and 2450 with EIST enabled and without this patch

I would like also to remember you in some old clover release this patch (or similar was included) if I don't remember bad

EIST is speedstep..... Why would speedstep be causing issues? Who is not enabling speed step? WTF is this post about?

It does. That's why you can't press a key and get into the GUI, because the key aggregator ate all the previous key strokes. The code you gave just discards them instead of using them in the aggregator or the GUI properly. Locate the key aggregator proctocol and check that it has any keys in it's buffer, if you really want to be thorough only set KeyPressedForGUI if the keystrokes in the key aggregator are not relevant to a startup command.

Yes, some are handled by boot.efi, by the firmware gathering keystrokes into the key aggregator and that is examined by boot.efi. So if you read all the keystrokes before the driver is loaded then you discarded them before the driver could gather them. So you've exchanged the functionality of the key aggregator before boot for the functionality of the GUI appearing, they should not be mutually exclusive.

So if I clear all ReadAllKeyStrokes in the code, I will get the apple boot function key combo?

Hi apianti

I don't like your way to express here  (WTF) but I will try to explain in a kind way I hope

Do you know what okrasit patch does in case of an unsupported CPU if you have bios EIST function enabled?

It helps to reach in that case Higher states for cpu during loaded task 

to explain better

EIST enabled no turboboost for (unsupported) CPU

ie cinebench15 benchmark in my rig has a correct value of 2950 with EIST disable and 2450 with EIST enabled and without this patch

I would like also to remember you in some old clover release this patch (or similar was included) if I don't remember bad

Turbo boost and EIST are completely unrelated and can be independently enabled/disabled. You can have speedstep but not turbo, turbo but not speed step. And turbo is not getting you 500 more benchmark points. You still did not explain what this patch DOES. Is this just for unsupported CPUs??

EDIT: It seems to me from your explanation that you got back your 2950 score when your CPU wasn't using EIST, so in essence this is just disabling EIST for full speed? Because that's why your score was higher without it, there was no caring about power usage, so it was just beasting through. If EIST is enabled, then it will reduce frequency when it reaches a thermal threshold to lower power consumption.

So if I clear all ReadAllKeyStrokes in the code, I will get the apple boot function key combo?

Oh god, no. I told you how to properly determine if there is a key stroke, inspect the key aggregator protocol.

apianti, in OSX with EIST enabled in bios my and I think many other unsupported cpu do not reach higher turbo boost states

Okrasit time ago found this patches with (I think but I am not a guru like you) disable EIST

so in case you have windows and OSX you can Have EIST enabled in bios and then patch it via clover in OSX

I can't explain better

;)

Turbo boost and EIST are completely unrelated and can be independently enabled/disabled. You can have speedstep but not turbo, turbo but not speed step. And turbo is not getting you 500 more benchmark points. You still did not explain what this patch DOES. Is this just for unsupported CPUs??

Oh god, no. I told you how to properly determine if there is a key stroke, inspect the key aggregator protocol.

apianti, in OSX with EIST enabled in bios my and I think many other unsupported cpu do not reach higher turbo boost states

Okrasit time ago found this patches with (I think but I am not a guru like you) disable EIST

so in case you have windows and OSX you can Have EIST enabled in bios and then patch it via clover in OSX

I can't explain better

;)

Yes, so as I said this patch is disabling speedstep, which is equivalent to NullCpuPowerManagement.kext, which is terrible and causes your CPU to run full speed all the time. Maybe a better solution would be to edit the p state data for the SMBIOS you are trying to use so that it reaches more and higher states since they are setup for the CPU models apple uses???

I see now you edit and this for me is a correct way to answer (also with a noob I can be here)

your statement about the equivalence is not correct at all

My cpu and also other "unsupported" cpu have all the steps it can allow from 12 to 37

in the past with null cpu kext only 3 steps 12 22 28

Power management is fine and time ago we have discussed with piker alpha to find a different solution because EIST enabled was fine but it has only that problem I have said before

Then, 500 point less in benchmark is correct because cpu without patch and with EISt bounch from x22 to x 25 states during load

without EIST when system is loaded it stays for all 44 Threads @x26 so if you do some calculation... :)

However thank you for your time

Yes, so as I said this patch is disabling speedstep, which is equivalent to NullCpuPowerManagement.kext, which is terrible and causes your CPU to run full speed all the time. Maybe a better solution would be to edit the p state data for the SMBIOS you are trying to use so that it reaches more and higher states since they are setup for the CPU models apple uses???

I see now you edit and this for me is a correct way to answer (also with a noob I can be here)

your statement about the equivalence is not correct at all

My cpu and also other "unsupported" cpu have all the steps it can allow from 12 to 37

in the past with null cpu kext only 3 steps 12 22 28

Power management is fine and time ago we have discussed with piker alpha to find a different solution because EIST enabled was fine but it has only that problem I have said before

Then, 500 point less in benchmark is correct because cpu without patch and with EISt bounch from x22 to x 25 states during load

without EIST when system is loaded it stays for all 44 Threads @x26 so if you do some calculation... :)

However thank you for your time

I did do the calculations and made a perfect equivalency. You are completely disabling speedstep so your CPU is running full speed all the time, 100%. It is never reducing speed or thermal overhead. NullCpu never gave you any steps, it is exactly that, no steps. It is bouncing around between those states during load because it knows how much energy it is using and the p states that have been configured for it say that at that energy level you need to be at multiplier state whatever or you are using too much energy. If you edit these states to represent the power energy level that your CPU needs for its states then they will happily be reached. Currently you are basically performing a constant burn-in test.

apianti, it is not correct your statement here "Currently you are basically performing a constant burn-in test"

​With that patch I am forcing to achieve higher states when cpu need of them

otherwise it is not possible (many tries with frequency vector and other things done)

however thank you for your point of view

AppleIntelInfo.kext v2.9 Copyright © 2012-2017 Pike R. Alpha. All rights reserved.

Settings:
------------------------------------------
logMSRs..................................: 1
logIGPU..................................: 0
logCStates...............................: 1
logIPGStyle..............................: 1
InitialTSC...............................: 0xa62fd12f682 (519 MHz)
MWAIT C-States...........................: 8480

Processor Brandstring....................: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2696 v4 @ 2.20GHz

Processor Signature..................... : 0x406F1
 - Family............................... : 6
 - Stepping............................. : 1
 - Model................................ : 0x4F (79)

Model Specific Registers (MSRs)

MSR_IA32_PLATFORM_ID.............(0x17)  : 0x0
 - Processor Flags...................... : 0

MSR_CORE_THREAD_COUNT............(0x35)  : 0x16002C
 - Core Count........................... : 22
 - Thread Count......................... : 44

MSR_PLATFORM_INFO................(0xCE)  : 0x20080C3BF2811600
 - Maximum Non-Turbo Ratio.............. : 0x16 (2200 MHz)
 - Ratio Limit for Turbo Mode........... : 1 (programmable)
 - TDP Limit for Turbo Mode............. : 1 (programmable)
 - Low Power Mode Support............... : 1 (LPM supported)
 - Number of ConfigTDP Levels........... : 1 (additional TDP level(s) available)
 - Maximum Efficiency Ratio............. : 12
 - Minimum Operating Ratio.............. : 8

MSR_PMG_CST_CONFIG_CONTROL.......(0xE2)  : 0x8402
 - I/O MWAIT Redirection Enable......... : 1 (enabled, IO read of MSR(0xE4) mapped to MWAIT)
 - CFG Lock............................. : 1 (MSR locked until next reset)
 - C3 State Auto Demotion............... : 0 (disabled/unsupported)
 - C1 State Auto Demotion............... : 0 (disabled/unsupported)
 - C3 State Undemotion.................. : 0 (disabled/unsupported)
 - C1 State Undemotion.................. : 0 (disabled/unsupported)
 - Package C-State Auto Demotion........ : 0 (disabled/unsupported)
 - Package C-State Undemotion........... : 0 (disabled/unsupported)

MSR_PMG_IO_CAPTURE_BASE..........(0xE4)  : 0x10414
 - LVL_2 Base Address................... : 0x414
 - C-state Range........................ : 1 (C6 is the max C-State to include)

IA32_MPERF.......................(0xE7)  : 0x2D11193B58
IA32_APERF.......................(0xE8)  : 0x3F22E36604
MSR_0x150........................(0x150) : 0x1F00000000

MSR_FLEX_RATIO...................(0x194) : 0x0

MSR_IA32_PERF_STATUS.............(0x198) : 0x263500002500
 - Current Performance State Value...... : 0x2500 (3700 MHz)

MSR_IA32_PERF_CONTROL............(0x199) : 0xFF00
 - Target performance State Value....... : 0xFF00 (25500 MHz)
 - Intel Dynamic Acceleration........... : 0 (IDA engaged)

IA32_CLOCK_MODULATION............(0x19A) : 0x0

IA32_THERM_INTERRUPT.............(0x19B) : 0x0

IA32_THERM_STATUS................(0x19C) : 0x884F0000
 - Thermal Status....................... : 0
 - Thermal Log.......................... : 0
 - PROCHOT # or FORCEPR# event.......... : 0
 - PROCHOT # or FORCEPR# log............ : 0
 - Critical Temperature Status.......... : 0
 - Critical Temperature log............. : 0
 - Thermal Threshold #1 Status.......... : 0
 - Thermal Threshold #1 log............. : 0
 - Thermal Threshold #2 Status.......... : 0
 - Thermal Threshold #2 log............. : 0
 - Power Limitation Status.............. : 0
 - Power Limitation log................. : 0
 - Current Limit Status................. : 0
 - Current Limit log.................... : 0
 - Cross Domain Limit Status............ : 0
 - Cross Domain Limit log............... : 0
 - Digital Readout...................... : 79
 - Resolution in Degrees Celsius........ : 1
 - Reading Valid........................ : 1 (valid)

MSR_THERM2_CTL...................(0x19D) : 0x0

IA32_MISC_ENABLES................(0x1A0) : 0x850089
 - Fast-Strings......................... : 1 (enabled)
 - FOPCODE compatibility mode Enable.... : 0
 - Automatic Thermal Control Circuit.... : 1 (enabled)
 - Split-lock Disable................... : 0
 - Performance Monitoring............... : 1 (available)
 - Bus Lock On Cache Line Splits Disable : 0
 - Hardware prefetch Disable............ : 0
 - Processor Event Based Sampling....... : 0 (PEBS supported)
 - GV1/2 legacy Enable.................. : 0
 - Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology.. : 1 (enabled)
 - MONITOR FSM.......................... : 1 (MONITOR/MWAIT supported)
 - Adjacent sector prefetch Disable..... : 0
 - CFG Lock............................. : 0 (MSR not locked)
 - xTPR Message Disable................. : 1 (disabled)

MSR_TEMPERATURE_TARGET...........(0x1A2) : 0x640200
 - Turbo Attenuation Units.............. : 0 
 - Temperature Target................... : 100
 - TCC Activation Offset................ : 0

MSR_MISC_PWR_MGMT................(0x1AA) : 0x402000
 - EIST Hardware Coordination........... : 0 (hardware coordination enabled)
 - Energy/Performance Bias support...... : 1
 - Energy/Performance Bias.............. : 0 (disabled/MSR not visible to software)
 - Thermal Interrupt Coordination Enable : 1 (thermal interrupt routed to all cores)
 - SpeedShift Technology Enable......... : 0 (disabled)
 - SpeedShift Interrupt Coordination.... : 0 (disabled)
 - SpeedShift Energy Efficient Perf..... : 0 (disabled)
 - SpeedShift Technology Setup for HWP.. : No (not setup for HWP)

MSR_TURBO_RATIO_LIMIT............(0x1AD) : 0x1E1F202122232525
 - Maximum Ratio Limit for C01.......... : 25 (3700 MHz) 
 - Maximum Ratio Limit for C02.......... : 25 (3700 MHz) 
 - Maximum Ratio Limit for C03.......... : 23 (3500 MHz) 
 - Maximum Ratio Limit for C04.......... : 22 (3400 MHz) 
 - Maximum Ratio Limit for C05.......... : 21 (3300 MHz) 
 - Maximum Ratio Limit for C06.......... : 20 (3200 MHz) 
 - Maximum Ratio Limit for C07.......... : 1F (3100 MHz) 
 - Maximum Ratio Limit for C08.......... : 1E (3000 MHz) 

MSR_TURBO_RATIO_LIMIT1...........(0x1AE) : 0x1C1C1C1C1C1C1C1D
 - Maximum Ratio Limit for C09.......... : 1D (2900 MHz) 
 - Maximum Ratio Limit for C10.......... : 1C (2800 MHz) 
 - Maximum Ratio Limit for C11.......... : 1C (2800 MHz) 
 - Maximum Ratio Limit for C12.......... : 1C (2800 MHz) 
 - Maximum Ratio Limit for C13.......... : 1C (2800 MHz) 
 - Maximum Ratio Limit for C14.......... : 1C (2800 MHz) 
 - Maximum Ratio Limit for C15.......... : 1C (2800 MHz) 
 - Maximum Ratio Limit for C16.......... : 1C (2800 MHz) 

MSR_TURBO_RATIO_LIMIT2...........(0x1AF) : 0x1C1C1C1C1C1C1C1C
 - Maximum Ratio Limit for C17.......... : 1C (2800 MHz) 
 - Maximum Ratio Limit for C18.......... : 1C (2800 MHz) 
 - Maximum Ratio Limit for C19.......... : 1C (2800 MHz) 
 - Maximum Ratio Limit for C20.......... : 1C (2800 MHz) 
 - Maximum Ratio Limit for C21.......... : 1C (2800 MHz) 
 - Maximum Ratio Limit for C22.......... : 1C (2800 MHz) 

IA32_ENERGY_PERF_BIAS............(0x1B0) : 0x0

MSR_POWER_CTL....................(0x1FC) : 0x2904005B
 - Bi-Directional Processor Hot..........: 1 (enabled)
 - C1E Enable............................: 1 (enabled)

MSR_RAPL_POWER_UNIT..............(0x606) : 0xA0E03
 - Power Units.......................... : 3 (1/8 Watt)
 - Energy Status Units.................. : 14 (61 micro-Joules)
 - Time Units .......................... : 10 (976.6 micro-Seconds)

MSR_PKG_POWER_LIMIT..............(0x610) : 0x785A0001584B0
 - Package Power Limit #1............... : 150 Watt
 - Enable Power Limit #1................ : 1 (enabled)
 - Package Clamping Limitation #1....... : 1 (allow going below OS-requested P/T state during Time Window for Power Limit #1)
 - Time Window for Power Limit #1....... : 10 (2560 milli-Seconds)
 - Package Power Limit #2............... : 180 Watt
 - Enable Power Limit #2................ : 1 (enabled)
 - Package Clamping Limitation #2....... : 1 (allow going below OS-requested P/T state setting Time Window for Power Limit #2)
 - Time Window for Power Limit #2....... : 3 (20 milli-Seconds)
 - Lock................................. : 0 (MSR not locked)

MSR_PKG_ENERGY_STATUS............(0x611) : 0x68134D8D
 - Total Energy Consumed................ : 106573 Joules (Watt = Joules / seconds)

MSR_PKGC3_IRTL...................(0x60a) : 0x0
MSR_PKGC6_IRTL...................(0x60b) : 0x0
MSR_PKGC7_IRTL...................(0x60c) : 0x0
MSR_PKG_C2_RESIDENCY.............(0x60d) : 0x22D7C756F7A
MSR_PKG_C3_RESIDENCY.............(0x3f8) : 0x0
MSR_PKG_C2_RESIDENCY.............(0x60d) : 0x22D7C756F7A
MSR_PKG_C6_RESIDENCY.............(0x3f9) : 0x5194C0CC5CA
MSR_PKG_C7_RESIDENCY.............(0x3fa) : 0x0

IA32_TSC_DEADLINE................(0x6E0) : 0xA62FFC74C35

CPU Ratio Info:
Base Clock Frequency (BLCK)............. : 100 MHz
Maximum Efficiency Ratio/Frequency.......: 12 (1200 MHz)
Maximum non-Turbo Ratio/Frequency........: 22 (2200 MHz)
Maximum Turbo Ratio/Frequency............: 37 (3700 MHz)
P-State ratio * 100 = Frequency in MHz
CPU P-States [ (12) 30 32 ]
CPU C6-Cores [ 0 2 3 4 6 9 10 11 13 15 17 19 23 25 26 28 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ]
CPU C6-Cores [ 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 8 9 10 11 12 13 15 16 17 19 20 22 23 25 26 27 28 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ]
CPU P-States [ 12 30 32 (37) ]
CPU C6-Cores [ 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 19 20 21 22 23 25 26 27 28 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ]
CPU P-States [ 12 30 32 33 (35) 37 ]
CPU C6-Cores [ 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 25 26 27 28 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ]
CPU C6-Cores [ 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ]
CPU P-States [ 12 30 31 32 33 35 (37) ]
CPU P-States [ 12 30 31 32 33 35 (36) 37 ]
CPU P-States [ 12 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 (37) ]
CPU P-States [ 12 26 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 (37) ]
CPU P-States [ (12) 26 28 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ]
CPU P-States [ 12 25 26 28 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 (37) ]
CPU P-States [ 12 25 26 27 28 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 (37) ]
CPU P-States [ (12) 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ]
CPU P-States [ (12) 22 23 24 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ]
CPU P-States [ (12) 18 19 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ]
CPU P-States [ (12) 15 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ]
fabios-iMac-Pro:desktop fabio$

I did do the calculations and made a perfect equivalency. You are completely disabling speedstep so your CPU is running full speed all the time, 100%. It is never reducing speed or thermal overhead. NullCpu never gave you any steps, it is exactly that, no steps. It is bouncing around between those states during load because it knows how much energy it is using and the p states that have been configured for it say that at that energy level you need to be at multiplier state whatever or you are using too much energy. If you edit these states to represent the power energy level that your CPU needs for its states then they will happily be reached. Currently you are basically performing a constant burn-in test.

post-468967-0-65137100-1518445586_thumb.png

post-468967-0-73137100-1518445596_thumb.png

Edited by Guest

So It kind of like this?:

Clover->Aggregator(eatin' keystrokes):GM, any keystrokes for t'day

Aggregator: yes->Clover invoke GUI/startloader with argument else start normal

or

Clover->Aggregator(eatin' keystrokes):GM, alt key pressed?

Aggregator: yes->Clover invoke GUI

boot.efi->Aggregator: receive key then parse args?

apianti, it is not correct your statement here "Currently you are basically performing a constant burn-in test"

​With that patch I am forcing to achieve higher states when cpu need of them

otherwise it is not possible (many tries with frequency vector and other things done)

however thank you for your point of view

First, I can only go on the information that your have given me and you still have yet to say WHAT that patch is doing, or even where it came from. You said that you were only getting x26 now on all 44 threads. Under 100% from a multithreaded test, it is IMPOSSIBLE to have all cores at max turbo, this is a burn-in, you do not want this at all. The whole point of turbo is that it uses energy from threads/cores that are not activated or using all of the available thermal overhead and diverts that energy to a different thread/core to TEMPORARILY increase the performance state. If it was supposed to run at that speed then that would be the nominal frequency of the CPU and there would be no such thing or need as turbo states. Just to give you an example, your CPU has a TDP of 85W but under full load during your test there, your CPU was well into 130W.

EDIT: Also your frequency is going well into 3GHz+ while not under load, what's up with that?

EDIT2: Nevermind. I see, I was looking at the v3 of that chip, apparently the v4 is 2.2Ghz and 3.2 GHz turbo, with 145W TDP. So either way it's still not correct.

EDIT3: It's impossible to have any turbo under 100% load on every thread/core. So what is this patch doing?

You are continuing to say not exact things I don't understand why

My cpu has a TDP of 150W and could achieve a maximum of 180 w

It is a Xeon 2696 V4

In osx during full load it reach a maximum of 140 with some stress test

In real life a maximum of 125w

In windows it pass over 150 W in stress test also, in some benchmark it reaches for all cores/thread (44) 2.8 Ghz (cinebencz) in OSX only 2,6Ghz

also my wattage usage in idle is about 10w or less (it depends from services I have loaded)

the point of my first message about this patches is:

Now, thanks to the finding of PMHeart we (all) can use previously named Okrasit Performances fix patch also in 10.13.4.beta

No more of this

Then you are saying or understanding other things

Ie:

"You said that you were only getting x26 now on all 44 threads"

Why?

this is not enough for you? :)

X 28 is the max I can achieve for all cores and due some limitation in osx or AVX benchmark test it is limited for all cores to X26

2 cores limited to x37 and so on till x28 for all cores

First, I can only go on the information that your have given me and you still have yet to say WHAT that patch is doing, or even where it came from. You said that you were only getting x26 now on all 44 threads. Under 100% from a multithreaded test, it is IMPOSSIBLE to have all cores at max turbo, this is a burn-in, you do not want this at all. The whole point of turbo is that it uses energy from threads/cores that are not activated or using all of the available thermal overhead and diverts that energy to a different thread/core to TEMPORARILY increase the performance state. If it was supposed to run at that speed then that would be the nominal frequency of the CPU and there would be no such thing or need as turbo states. Just to give you an example, your CPU has a TDP of 85W but under full load during your test there, your CPU was well into 130W.

Edited by Guest

So It kind of like this?:

Clover->Aggregator(eatin' keystrokes):GM, any keystrokes for t'day

Aggregator: yes->Clover invoke GUI/startloader with argument else start normal

or

Clover->Aggregator(eatin' keystrokes):GM, alt key pressed?

Aggregator: yes->Clover invoke GUI

boot.efi->Aggregator: receive key then parse args?

I don't understand this at all. Instead of discarding all the keystrokes by reading them all before loading drivers, after loading the drivers, locate the aggregator protocol and inspect it's key buffer..........

You are continuing to say not exact things I don't understand why

My cpu has a TDP of 150W and could achieve a maximum of 180 w

It is a Xeon 2696 V4

In osx during full load it reach a maximum of 140 with some stress test

In real life a maximum of 125w

In windows it pass over 150 W in stress test also, in some benchmark it reaches for all cores/thread (44) 2.8 Ghz (cinebencz) in OSX only 2,6Ghz

also my wattage usage in idle is about 10w or less (it depends from services I have loaded)

the point of my first message about this patches is:

Now, thanks to the finding of PMHeart we (all) can use previously named Okrasit Performances fix patch also in 10.13.4.beta

No more of this

Then you are saying or understanding other things

Ie:

"You said that you were only getting x26 now on all 44 threads"

Why?

this is not enough for you? :)

X 28 is the max I can achieve for all cores and due some limitation in osx or AVX benchmark test it is limited for all cores to X26

2 cores limited to x37 and so on till x28 for all cores

I am reading intel documents. Yes, I mistook that you had the v3, not v4, but either way, the numbers you are saying do not match up to what intel says. First the CPU is 2.2GHz so that is all the higher you should be hitting on a 100% multithreaded test, second 2.6GHz is not even one of the turbo multipliers the CPU can reach! They are 37/37/35/34/33/32/31/30/29/28.... And nominal is 22. How are you even reaching 26?

EDIT: DUDE, there is a thread on github with you and Pike participating, where he clearly tells you not to use that patch because it defeats the purpose of XCPM, as I was suspecting that it was.