Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,868 posts in this topic

test this. i backed old ESP installation prior to using micky new ESP installation.
10.13.4 beta1. apple mistaken diskutil. 
10.13.4 beta2~ disktutil feature is back.

seems first we need to back old ESP installation, and need to check enough time to micky ESP installaion. then will reflect.

Yup! It back to normal with r4412; ESP Target Install && EFI-Backups folder work as expected.

Many thanks @Sherlocks  :thumbsup_anim:

Yup! It back to normal with r4412; ESP Target Install && EFI-Backups folder work as expected.

Many thanks @Sherlocks :thumbsup_anim:

please build r4114 and report. thanks

@Slice @apianti

i first reverted old esp installation. micky esp installation is problem for old macos that Badruzeus reported

seems maybe after check all of micky's esp in old, reflect again.

additionally, i removed https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/code/4414/tree//CloverPackage/utils/partutil/findesp.cwhen commit. but still remains. i don't know.

but not important. if want to clean, remove this file next some commit.

thanks in advance.

EDIT1.

If micky see this message, don't misunderstand. I love your hard work. Seems MountESP has issue. Thanks you

@Slice @apianti

i first reverted old esp installation. micky esp installation is problem for old macos that Badruzeus reported

additionally, i removed https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/code/4414/tree//CloverPackage/utils/partutil/findesp.cwhen commit. but still remains. i don't know.
thanks in advance.

I hope you will make better one.

• Like 3

test this. i backed old ESP installation prior to using micky new ESP installation.

seems first we need to back old ESP installation, and need to check enough time to micky ESP installaion. then will reflect.

Hi,

It works as expected, I can't install clover on EFI partition with "4411" build

Uhm... CMD+V, SHIFT, CMD+S, in the past CMD+R, some combo to disable the board ID check and some to disable KASLR

Oh man, that's cool, what are the last two combinations? CMD+R worked? How would that work if say your selected boot volume was corrupted and couldn't be read? Does it search for any other boot.efi and let it find the recovery? That's weird, so it probably does.... lol.

G'morning,

Need help, have strange problem with clover:

8:452  0:008  === [ ScanLoader ] ========================================8:835  0:383  - [01]: 'EFI'
8:871  0:035  - [03]: 'Preboot'
8:895  0:024          AddLoaderEntry for Volume Name=Preboot
8:914  0:018      Check if volume Is Hibernated:
8:922  0:008      Check sleep image 'by signature':
8:932  0:009      using default sleep image name = \private\var\vm\sleepimage
8:941  0:008      sleepimage not found -> Not Found
8:949  0:008      hibernated: no - sign
8:971  0:021          AddLoaderEntry for Volume Name=Preboot
8:991  0:020  - [04]: 'Macintosh HD'
9:047  0:055          AddLoaderEntry for Volume Name=Macintosh HD
9:072  0:024      Check if volume Is Hibernated:
9:083  0:011      Check sleep image 'by signature':
9:122  0:038      read prefs \Library\Preferences\com.apple.PowerManagement.plist status=Success
9:130  0:008      using default sleep image name = \private\var\vm\sleepimage
9:145  0:015      sleepimage not found -> Not Found
9:154  0:008      hibernated: no - sign
9:173  0:019  - [05]: 'Recovery'
9:196  0:023          AddLoaderEntry for Volume Name=Recovery
9:222  0:025  - [06]: 'VM'

But

$ ls -l /private/var/vm/sleepimage-rw------T  1 root  wheel  2147483648 Feb  9 17:24 /private/var/vm/sleepimage

what's wrong? am i doing something incorrect? pls help. clover ver=4411

might it be because it's apfs volume so it's mounted first in another directory? is it possible to change the location in the config?

No, currently hibernation is broken on APFS containers. Sherlocks Holme is on the case.  :hysterical:

@Slice @apianti

i first reverted old esp installation. micky esp installation is problem for old macos that Badruzeus reported

additionally, i removed https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/code/4414/tree//CloverPackage/utils/partutil/findesp.cwhen commit. but still remains. i don't know.

thanks in advance.

EDIT1.

If micky see this message, don't misunderstand. I love your hard work. Seems MountESP has issue. Thanks you

You have to run

svn delete PATH1 [PATH2 [...]]

and then commit in order to actually remove file(s) from the repository and not just from your working copy.

Strange bug:

If I restart the system with my Huawei P10 Lite connected (charging only) the bootloader freezes on APFS log text. If I disconnect it and plug it back after Clover loaded then no problems.

What logs do you need ?

Thanks !

Strange bug:

If I restart the system with my Huawei P10 Lite connected (charging only) the bootloader freezes on APFS log text. If I disconnect it and plug it back after Clover loaded then no problems.

What logs do you need ?

Thanks !

Hmmm... Can you give \EFI\CLOVER\misc\debug.log with Boot/Debug=true, please?

EDIT: Sorry do one bad boot with it plugged in, then unplug and do a good boot, then give debug.log. Please delete the debug.log if it exists before doing the bad boot.

Oh man, that's cool, what are the last two combinations? CMD+R worked? How would that work if say your selected boot volume was corrupted and couldn't be read? Does it search for any other boot.efi and let it find the recovery? That's weird, so it probably does.... lol.

vit documented the KASLR combo somewhere and the board check disable one I can't remember either.. something like CMD+C+- or so.

CMD+R did work up until Internet Recovery was introduced, which replaced it entirely. boot.efi still has a handler for it, but it is not used at all nowadays. How precisely it used to work, I'm not sure.

• Like 1

Hmmm... Can you give \EFI\CLOVER\misc\debug.log with Boot/Debug=true, please?

EDIT: Sorry do one bad boot with it plugged in, then unplug and do a good boot, then give debug.log. Please delete the debug.log if it exists before doing the bad boot.

debug.log.zip

There you go. I tried with multipile DSDT, plist etc.. but the same freeze. The only thing I can say is that the phone "mounts" or represent a virtual CDROM for Mac even in charging only mode on which you can find Android File transfer... I think that the virtual CDROM that phone has on USB connection is the problem with clover

Here you can see how it is recognized by macOS:

post-1183273-0-78750900-1518214396_thumb.png

@Slice @apianti

Installation on ESP is broken again in beta2, was working with latest commits before this fall back. Why you guys did not get one way of development? And who cares about years old OSes, you looks back or forward? 

Feb 9 10:22:22 MacBookPro installd[614]: ./preinstall: /tmp/PKInstallSandbox.tVnuG1/Scripts/org.clover.target.esp.2dw1nN/preinstall: line 16: cd: //EFIROOTDIR: No such file or directory

line 16 tells you where the error is. EFIROOTDIR, the symlink isn't ok, just fix this, plus why not fail the installation if you select to install to the EFI partition instead of continuing to the target volume if that isn't wanted??

• Like 2

Installation on ESP is broken again in beta2, was working with latest commits before this fall back. Why you guys did not get one way of development? And who cares about years old OSes, you looks back or forward?

Feb 9 10:22:22 MacBookPro installd[614]: ./preinstall: /tmp/PKInstallSandbox.tVnuG1/Scripts/org.clover.target.esp.2dw1nN/preinstall: line 16: cd: //EFIROOTDIR: No such file or directory

line 16 tells you where the error is. EFIROOTDIR, the symlink isn't ok, just fix this, plus why not fail the installation if you select to install to the EFI partition instead of continuing to the target volume if that isn't wanted??
I just backed old esp installation(it works for all macos before). Its not hold old esp installation. Just temptotally, back old esp installation. If micky new esp is no problem, we just reflect again.

Because badruzeus and chris reported this issue.

Strange. In beta2, diskutil list, can't you see apfs container(preboot,HS,recovery,vm)?

I tested both system and no problem.

And chris and badruzeus reported it works on 10.6.8, 10.11.6

Sorry for my bad english.

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

For my part the latest , Clover works on all the OS, I  test of 10.6.8. to 10.13.4 B2 no failure even on APFS.

working also in EFI disque image

My opinion

Clover always work perfectly on all the OS and I do not see why it would not be the case now?

Edit ***  if you need log its not a no problems

• Like 3

There you go. I tried with multipile DSDT, plist etc.. but the same freeze. The only thing I can say is that the phone "mounts" or represent a virtual CDROM for Mac even in charging only mode on which you can find Android File transfer... I think that the virtual CDROM that phone has on USB connection is the problem with clover

Yeah, it definitely appears to be the USB volume on the phone:

1:351  0:003          USB volume
1:352  0:001  - [03]: Volume: PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x14,0x0)\USB(0x8,0x1)
0:100  0:100  MemLog inited, TSC freq: 3691449556

I am wondering if the APFS driver is causing issues by writing to the console.... 

@slice @PMHeart

I suggest to optimize Chinese descriptions in Clover Install GUI such as Driver64UEFI.
If descriptions have some mistake please fix it.
Thanks.

AptioInputFix
Vit9696编写的针对FileVault2启动界面的键盘和鼠标输入设备的支持

AptioMemoryFix
Vit9696自OsxAptioFix2驱动优化而来的新驱动,支持更多新特性,例如:

自动为boot.efi寻找最适合的内存地址,避免启动错误

当slide值不能被使用的时候提供对KASLR的支持
新增系统在低内存地址下的安全模式的支持
确保系统不会出现slide溢出的问题
尝试修复更多的内存分布问题
支持硬件NVRAM
优化一些休眠的问题(暂时不稳定)
(请勿与其余内存修复驱动同时使用)

CsmVideoDxe-64
提供对CSM模块的支持,某些主板若要安装非UEFI系统或者非安全启动的系统,例如Windows7,Linux等设备,需要开启CSM模块,此时需要加入该驱动以修复CloverGUI的显示问题
Clover推荐关闭CSM模块启用原生GOP显示模块

EmuVariableUefi-64
macOS使用NVRAM存储一些系统变量,大部分的UEFI主板在配合合适的Aptio驱动后支持原生硬件NVRAM,但是少部分主板不支持NVRAM或者NVRAM的支持有问题,此时建议加入该驱动,该驱动通过开机时加载位于EFI分区内的nvram.plist内容到nvram中,以模拟NVRAM支持
需要注意的是,是用此驱动,需要勾选“安装RC scripts到目标磁区”选项才有效

Fat-64
可选择的64位FAT文件系统的支持

OsxAptioFixDrv-64
Dmazar编写的针对UEFI固件的内存问题修复的驱动,对休眠支持不完善
(请勿与其余内存修复驱动同时使用)

OsxAptioFix2Drv-64
Dmazar编写的针对UEFI固件的内存问题修复的驱动,在1代基础之上完善了休眠等高级功能的支持,部分机型需要手动设置slide值
(请勿与其余内存修复驱动同时使用)

OsxAptioFix3Drv-64
Vit9696等作者在OsxAptioFix2Drv-64的基础之上进行了优化,修复了大多数新设备的NVRAM支持,该驱动在部分机型依然需要手动设置slide值
(请勿与其余内存修复驱动同时使用)

OsxFatBinaryDrv-64
可选择的64位FAT文件系统的支持

OsxLowMemFixDrv-64
针对UEFI固件内存问题修复的驱动简化版
(请勿与其余内存修复驱动同时使用)

PartitionDxe-64
支持非常态的分区配置,如苹果混合分区或Apple分区图。

UsbkbDxe-64
FileVault2启动界面的键盘输入设备的支持

UsbMouseDxe-64
FileVault2启动界面的鼠标输入设备的支持

Please, edit these files with TextEdit and upload the result

Архив.zip

• Like 1

I am sorry in advance with this little offtopic

Is there someone using this patch in 10.13.3 (okrasit patches for EIST useful to boost all cores if EIST is enabled in bios)

f

89d8c1e0 084863d0 

r

b800ff00 004863d0 

comment

xcpm_assert_perf_max © okrasit

it seems is not working in 10.13.4 beta x

from this link  kernel.txt

https://we.tl/DCyFxHdsoF 

I have a question: Windows can and does load cpu microcode to the cpu on boot, so not permanent flashing.

Does macOS do the same, and if so, what kext or command is responsible for that? Or will be the cpu microcode inside the mac efi firmware? 

Windows selectively does this, depending on for what, for this they told OEMs that they need to provide firmware updates for the microcode updates. Apple uses firmware updates as well. I'm guessing that if your firmware has had a microcode update before you could probably get the module from the firmware and figure out how it works.

Can you please try this clover and see what happens?

EDIT: Removed binary.

• Like 1

Windows selectively does this, depending on for what, for this they told OEMs that they need to provide firmware updates for the microcode updates. Apple uses firmware updates as well. I'm guessing that if your firmware has had a microcode update before you could probably get the module from the firmware and figure out how it works.

Can you please try this clover and see what happens?

Same stuff: Freeze on APFS log