Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Thank you I will implement this function as well(homework, exams these days T_T).

I have implemented plugin management function as well in r4024. Thank you for the advice. 

syscl

Great work, Now i can stop BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and  BrcmPatchRAM2.kext from loading when installing High Sierra as they cause never ending errors.

• Like 1

Great work, Now i can stop BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext from loading when installing High Sierra as they cause never ending errors.

I also exprienced that continuely flood error related BcrmPatchRAM kext when enter recovery mode.

Need to update brcm kext driver

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

• Like 1

I also exprienced that continuely flood error related BcrmPatchRAM kext when enter recovery mode.

Maybe @RehabMan will see this.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hi, sorry for a little of topic

I can't find in related clover changement thread where developers have added support for unsupported CPU like mine in signature

I would like to know wich is clover first release with this features

Previously I had to use many kernel Patches to have a working system with xcpm

Thank you

May be you can find this infos in searching for ➥  Commits

Hi, sorry for a little of topic

I can't find in related clover changement thread where developers have added support for unsupported CPU like mine in signature

I would like to know wich is clover first release with this features

Previously I had to use many kernel Patches to have a working system with xcpm

Thank you

Take a look here

BrcmPatchRAM kexts (BrcmPatchRAM2+BrcmFirmareRepo) should not be in EFI/Clover/kexts.

They should be installed to the system volume, as should *all* kexts you need.

• Like 1

As @gujiangjiang and @Slice think about Custom Kext Injection, I added a new function with sub menu section name "Kext Inject Management" under Options menu for users to choose what kext(s) they want to inject(for easy debugging). 

attachicon.gifscreenshot1.png

Here's a prebuilt r4205(updated) and please let me know if there has bug and I will polish it. Enjoy ;)

attachicon.gifr4205.zip

Thank you in advance,

syscl

Nice improvement! Thank you developers thank you @syscl, I can disable kext easily now ^_^

post-1938210-0-24232800-1505152047_thumb.png

post-1938210-0-67851300-1505152066_thumb.png

• Like 3

Function request: currently I am trying to change the kernel patch from static data to a more dynamic one: search symbol tables. Then we can get rid of various static data and reduce Clover's binary. I also want to add patch like "_xcpm_bootstrap" for a more flexible patch in config.plist. Wish I can get things done this week(still very busy...)

Here's some progress I made

post-950366-0-83384800-1505250953_thumb.jpg

Anyone think this is useful ;) ?

syscl

• Like 7

Function request: currently I am trying to change the kernel patch from static data to a more dynamic one: search symbol tables. Then we can get rid of various static data and reduce Clover's binary. I also want to add patch like "_xcpm_bootstrap" for a more flexible patch in config.plist. Wish I can get things done this week(still very busy...)

Here's some progress I made

attachicon.gif121505251471_.pic_hd.jpg

Anyone think this is useful ;) ?

syscl

Nice work. I think @cecekpawon made a symbol-based patcher for Ozmosis/his Clover fork, it might help you: https://github.com/cecekpawon/CloverPkg/blob/master/Module/KernextPatcher/KernextPatcher.c

Edit: You may also want to read the kernel version (this shouldn't be too hard if you can already locate sections). This way, you could apply kernel-specific patches (for kext injection, XCPM, or other built-in patches) without having to brute force them (or whatever the current logic is).

• Like 3

Excuse me for my bad english. I recently began to note that, the Clover began to ignore the option - "true" for Injection of ATI in my config.plist or if I select proper switch from load options. I need this for some specific programs. Thank you!

post-109325-0-09964500-1505291265_thumb.jpeg

post-109325-0-41788300-1505291277_thumb.jpeg

Excuse me for my bad english. I recently began to note that, the Clover began to ignore the option - "true" for Injection of ATI in my config.plist or if I select proper switch from load options. I need this for some specific programs. Thank you!

Please provide full DarwinDumper report, without BIOS and without HTML.

• Like 2

In a nutshell i'm seeing a weird HD partition size limit in the clover boot loader where if the OS boot partition is larger than 750GB it doesn't show up as a selectable drive. 

I'm using an older system that is BIOS-based (legacy), so I'm using the following clover settings:

Using:
Clover_v2.4k_r4128.pkg

Settings:
Install clover in the ESP
Install boot0af in MBR
CloverEFI 64-bits SATA

I had a test 500GB hard drive that was/is working great with Sierra using the above settings. So I bought and installed a 4TB drive using the same setup. (clean install) The 4TB drive's EFI and recover partitions showed up in the clover boot loader menu but not the OS boot partition. Through trial and error I resized the OS boot partition down and found it appears in the clover menu if it is 751GB or smaller. Anything larger and the OS boot partition doesn’t show up. 

If I start up with my 500GB OS drive and have the 4TB drive plugged in, it will show up in the finder after the 500GB drive boots.

I've searched around and haven't found anyone else running into partition size limitations mentioned with clover. Any suggestions on how to get a larger os boot partition to show up in the clover boot menu or an idea of what might be happening?

Thanks!

System Specs:
Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P, Intel Core 2 Quad Q9505, Asus GeForce 8500 GT
512MB, 8GB DDR2 (800Mhz SDRAM)
4TB Drive: GUID Partition Map, Mac OS Extended (Journaled)

Clover 4200  and 4207 install UEFI mode not working no load menu boot just black green on Gigabyte H100-S2PV when update bios F22a

use Boot Disk Ultility make USB CLOVER 4200 copy raplace on EFI  HDD menu boot Clover load OK or i downgate bios F3 working OK

Help me ? Why ?

Hey guys. I would like to report a bug with the SMBIOS. When I had r4077, I had the "Memory" tab in About This Mac window. After updating to r4200, the tab disappeared and System Info - Memory showed "Upgradable Memory: No". Then I downgraded to 4077 and the tab came back again.

• Like 1