Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Sorry for (stupid) question, it's possible that Clover can't inject FakeSMC? In Clover/kexts/10.11 with correct CsrActiveConfig...

I have black screen with apple logo, doesn't go ahead... This question because when I usually start other computer in verbose mode i see FakeSMC kext, now i can't.

I'm doing clean installation with new HD on AsRock H87 and i5 4590s (computer only for test).

I have GT210...maybe is graphics problem.

Thanks

Sometimes it seems to look in 10.10 even if installing El Capitan.  Try deleting all the numbered dirs and putting the kexts in Other/ and see if that gets you past it.

Sorry for (stupid) question, it's possible that Clover can't inject FakeSMC? In Clover/kexts/10.11 with correct CsrActiveConfig...

I have black screen with apple logo, doesn't go ahead... This question because when I usually start other computer in verbose mode i see FakeSMC kext, now i can't.

I'm doing clean installation with new HD on AsRock H87 and i5 4590s (computer only for test).

If you're installing 10.11 via USB, make sure you're doing it thru a USB2 port. The USB drivers in 10.11 don't seem to get along well with USB3 on ASRock boards (and possibly others).

Checked the code and in my opinion a dynamic allocation of the relocation block should work... though if it is supposed to work the same way as now (the data is not allocated at the beginning of the relocation block but at the relative offset - if boot.efi allocates at the address 0xFF, gRelocBase (= beginning of the relocation block) + 0xFF will be used), it means that it needs to be reallocated each time an allocation call is made that requests an address higher than already available. That also means that no function may use gRelocBlock to fix addresses until boot.efi is 100% done allocating fixed addresses.

A different approach would be to start allocating at the very beginning and add stuff directly after, but store a map of current location and supposed location, so that the copy routine copies from current to supposed in a loop. Not sure if that will work as things won't be at the assumed offset and if boot.efi depends on that, it will of course not work. Any thoughts?

Edit: The final way would be the already suggested dirty method of just cleaning the memory pages in the KAS... though who knows what's there, might be GOP, might be anything imo

• Like 1

I hope this is related to the topic of the OsxAptioFix driver discussion here. Is there any relationship to what this driver does with memory allocation and behavior during sleep/wake cycles?

There is a very comprehensive discussion and investigation here and a few other places. I've personally spent many hours researching this issue and there isn't a very clear answer. I've started looking at the behavior of the AptioFix driver trying to see if there is any relationship between this and the problems some number of us are having with panics after waking from a sleep. I've personally tried 4 different sets of RAM with the same results, as well as a couple of dozen permutations of other things - none of which have worked. There is unfortunately a lot of misinformation around this topic out there right now.

Anyway I just want to know if I can rule-out investigating this driver for the panic-on-wake research.

• Like 1

I hope this is related to the topic of the OsxAptioFix driver discussion here. Is there any relationship to what this driver does with memory allocation and behavior during sleep/wake cycles?

There is a very comprehensive discussion and investigation here and a few other places. I've personally spent many hours researching this issue and there isn't a very clear answer. I've started looking at the behavior of the AptioFix driver trying to see if there is any relationship between this and the problems some number of us are having with panics after waking from a sleep. I've personally tried 4 different sets of RAM with the same results, as well as a couple of dozen permutations of other things - none of which have worked. There is unfortunately a lot of misinformation around this topic out there right now.

Anyway I just want to know if I can rule-out investigating this driver for the panic-on-wake research.

OsxAptioFix is only a boot-time thing. After the system is booted, it is out of the picture.

Well, of course AptioFix wouldn't be the cause of the issue, but the place to solve it if there is one. Some UEFIs' sleep is broken when the RT area is zero'd and iirc some others when a specific address range is overwritten. So, wouldn't say anything is impossible. ;)

Well, of course AptioFix wouldn't be the cause of the issue, but the place to solve it if there is one. Some UEFIs' sleep is broken when the RT area is zero'd and iirc some others when a specific address range is overwritten. So, wouldn't say anything is impossible. ;)

Panic on wake could be caused by such things (memory corruption by buggy UEFI software), but most likely it is some other issue...

I just have a question about LoadVBIOS, how does it work? Cause I put my mod bios in EFI/CLOVER/ROM/10DE_1380.rom and put loadvbios as true but it doesn't load :( If I flash my GC with that mod bios it's working.

I have a GTX 750 TI with the web driver

thx :)

For me the old aptiofix1 works but no startup screen and no hibernate

aptiofix2 startup screen and hibernate is ok

the 0x6000 build aptiofix1 works like aptiofix2

Perhaps you forgot to remove OsxAptioFix2 when trying to use OsxAptioFix.

To add my 2c:

- with Aptiofix (old) I can boot in safe mode, but native NVRAM does not work

- with AptioFix2 I cannot boot in safe mode, but native NVRAM works

Any insights how to solve this, or was this issue being fixed meanwhile?

Please, a little help here, I`m still very confused with SIP.

OS X El Capitan GM Candidate (15A252a) is running near to perfection, except by AppleHDA that I can`t replace the original (SLE) with my edited version.

I,m running Clover 3259 (just copied updated files from EFIFolder to my EFI folder) with the following in RtVariables:

<key>BooterConfig</key>
<string>0x28</string>
<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
<string>0x03</string> 

I`m already tried 0x67 on CsrActiveConfig but no success.

To complete, I don`t have the Recovery partition (why?) to try disable SIP  :w00t:

I`m gonna be crazy, what is missing? any suggestion?

I have this situation regarding Spotlight privacy and the only thing I could think it is because clover boot is shared

The setup:

Using Clover 3259 on HDD1 EFI with OSX 10.11

Using Clover older version on HDD2 EFI with OSX 10.10

BIOS startup boot is HDD1

The situation:

The Spotlight privacy setting is shared between the 2 OS which I don't want because

in 10.11 I include 10.10 HDD in it's privacy settings

When I boot into 10.10 the Spotlight privacy is as what I configured before in 10.11

I am not sure if the NVRAM is shared between the instances, or it is designed that way by Apple.

I am not sure if the NVRAM is shared between the instances, or it is designed that way by Apple.

It is designed that way (not by Apple). If you are using the same machine, of course the NVRAM is shared, since its contents are stored in a special memory space on your hardware.

The exception would be if you are using EmuVariableUefi-64.efi. In this case NVRAM is emulated and its contents saved in a plist on your respective OS X root directory.

PS: are you sure the spotlight privacy settings are stored in NVRAM? AFAIK this is not the case

• Like 2

Please, a little help here, I`m still very confused with SIP.

OS X El Capitan GM Candidate (15A252a) is running near to perfection, except by AppleHDA that I can`t replace the original (SLE) with my edited version.

I,m running Clover 3259 (just copied updated files from EFIFolder to my EFI folder) with the following in RtVariables:

<key>BooterConfig</key>
<string>0x28</string>
<string>0x03</string> 

I`m already tried 0x67 on CsrActiveConfig but no success.

To complete, I don`t have the Recovery partition (why?) to try disable SIP  :w00t:

I`m gonna be crazy, what is missing? any suggestion?

0x03 only allows unsigned kexts and something else (don't remember what), but I don't think it unlocks the filesystem protections. Try 0x77. Also check with csrutil status in Terminal.

:cry:  :cry:  :cry:

System Integrity Protection status: enabled. 

I tried reinstall Clover (3259) directly on my pendrive but 0x77, 0x67 or 0x03, no matter I set on CsrActiveConfig, SIP is always enabled.

My Config.plist:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>Boot</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Timeout</key>
		<integer>-1</integer>
	</dict>
	<key>GUI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Mouse</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Enabled</key>
			<false/>
		</dict>
	</dict>
	<key>SMBIOS</key>
	<dict>
		<key>BiosReleaseDate</key>
		. . .
	</dict>
	<key>SystemParameters</key>
	<dict>
		<key>BooterConfig</key>
		<string>0x28</string>
		<string>0x67</string>
		<key>InjectKexts</key>
		<string>Detect</string>
	</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

FakeSMC.kext on EFI (from pendrive).

Is missing something? Any help? Regards!

<key>SystemParameters</key>
	<dict>
		<key>BooterConfig</key>
		<string>0x28</string>
		<string>0x67</string>
		<key>InjectKexts</key>
		<string>Detect</string>
	</dict>
Is missing something? Any help? Regards!

Try :

<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>
<key>BooterConfig</key>
<string>0x28</string>
<string>0x67</string>
</dict>

Edit : damn ... 2 minutes late !

• Like 1

I'm so stupid…

Sorry, so many sorry, sorry to all.

i forgot <key>RtVariables</key>

Apear to be ok now:

System Integrity Protection status: enabled (Custom Configuration).

Configuration:
	Apple Internal: disabled
	Kext Signing: disabled
	Filesystem Protections: disabled
	Debugging Restrictions: disabled
	DTrace Restrictions: disabled
	NVRAM Protections: disabled

This is an unsupported configuration, likely to break in the future and leave your machine in an unknown state.

Thanks a lot and, one more time, sorry.  :blush:

• Like 1