seems like legacy clover doesn't have good Compatibility Support Module

seems like legacy clover doesn't support Windows or Linux EFI installer well

seems like legacy clover support GPT and OS X well

seems like Parallels Desktop support MBR well when boot Windows or Linux

legacy clover is perfect

seems like you don't have a clue what you are talking about

seems like you don't have a clue what you are talking about

The clue is:

If Clover has CSM,just like my situation,legacy clover doesn't support legacy USB because when clover boot Windows recovery console legacy USB keyboard(PS/2 emulate) doesn't works,when bios boot recovery console legacy USB keyboard(PS/2 emulate) does works.

Clover doesn't have CSM.So legacy clover boot MBR Windows recovery console keyboard doesn't is impossible to be solved.That's legacy BIOS problem,not clover problem.clover doesn't design to solved any MBR problem.That's why slice proved this http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/What-is-whatis wrong answer.

Clover use pure GPT,not hybrid MBR.

Jianweis-iMac:~ jianweiliu$ sudo fdisk /dev/rdisk0
Disk: /dev/rdisk0	geometry: 15566/255/63 [250069680 sectors]
Signature: 0xAA55
         Starting       Ending
 #: id  cyl  hd sec -  cyl  hd sec [     start -       size]
------------------------------------------------------------------------
 1: EE 1023 254  63 - 1023 254  63 [         1 -  250069679] <Unknown ID>
 2: 00    0   0   0 -    0   0   0 [         0 -          0] unused      
 3: 00    0   0   0 -    0   0   0 [         0 -          0] unused      
 4: 00    0   0   0 -    0   0   0 [         0 -          0] unused  

There is some MBR replacement code that emulates EFI firmware's bootstrap, which makes non-EFI machines capable of booting from disks using the GPT partitioning scheme. It detects a GPT, places the processor in the correct operating mode, and loads the EFI compatible code from disk to complete this task.

That's when I ask same question,slice told.

That's not my talk,I don't have ability to talk,that's copy and paste stupidly.If that's Chinglish,I should delete,otherwise I think this is copy and paste OSx86 english content,when somebody doesn't like to search slice and wiki.

Clover has no CSM because the module is hardware dependent.

Legacy Clover exists and works for many users. It works due to presence CSM in BIOS. If you disable CSM then you can't start legacy Clover.

As well legacy Clover can start from MBR Partition Table. Do you need hundreds proofs? DurwinDumper reports from different users? Or what?

Screen Shot 2015-09-09 at 8.07.09.png

Lol, what the... First CSM is an UEFI concept while you talk about legacy Clover. Second all your 'seems like...' sentences are false because support comes from fw (except OS X). And finally, going from legacy to UEFI (DUET) and then back is known not to work on all hw, but on many. Might be yours is one of the few exceptions.

Clover has no CSM because the module is hardware dependent.

Legacy Clover exists and works for many users. It works due to presence CSM in BIOS. If you disable CSM then you can't start legacy Clover.

As well legacy Clover can start from MBR Partition Table. Do you need hundreds proofs? DurwinDumper reports from different users? Or what?

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2015-09-09 at 8.07.09.png

But you don't recommendation it?So it's better not know Clover can start from MBR for me.

Lol, what the... First CSM is an UEFI concept while you talk about legacy Clover. Second all your 'seems like...' sentences are false because support comes from fw (except OS X). And finally, going from legacy to UEFI (DUET) and then back is known not to work on all hw, but on many. Might be yours is one of the few exceptions.

Seems like Clover for me is UEFI 0.5.I'm try to prove I'm not the few exception.

One of the working computer

ACTIVE  DEVICE   MBR (Stage0)          PBR (Stage1)            FILE       LOADER (Stage2) 
        disk1    Chameleon boot0hfs 
*       disk1s1                        Clover boot1f32alt      boot       Clover64 
*       disk1s1                                                boot1      Clover64 
*       disk1s1                                                boot2      Chameleon v2.0-RC5m r1291 
*       disk1s1                                                boot3      Clover32 
*       disk1s1                                                boot6      Clover64 

partitions

/dev/disk0
   #:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER
   0:     FDisk_partition_scheme                        *320.1 GB   disk0
   1:               Windows_NTFS                         209.7 GB   disk0s1
   2:                  Apple_HFS Mac                     50.2 GB    disk0s2
   3:             Windows_FAT_32                         12.7 GB    disk0s3
   4:                  Apple_HFS Lion                    47.4 GB    disk0s5
/dev/disk1
   #:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER
   0:     FDisk_partition_scheme                        *8.0 GB     disk1
   1:                 DOS_FAT_32 Transcend               8.0 GB     disk1s1

Yeah...happy 500th post to me  :yoji:

EDIT: Tried to run the installer from Clover after it rebooted the system and got this error...

Congrats ... it's almost x10 what I posted !!!

For your error, do you use OsxAptioFixDrv-64 or OsxAptioFixDrv2-64 ?

(v2 is supposed to handle this)

I currently use the none v2 one, never had to use it previously.

I wasn't sure if the v2 one did everything the original does just differently?

I had the same issue : I installed NVidia Web drivers for my eGPU. It worked for some time and then I got this error, solved by using v2.

I had the same issue : I installed NVidia Web drivers for my eGPU. It worked for some time and then I got this error, solved by using v2.

v1

UEFI driver for enabling loading of OSX by using memory relocation.
v2
  UEFI driver for enabling loading of OSX without memory relocation.

I want to say that v2 is not a replacement for v1. They are different.
With v2 I have working hibernation but I can't boot into 10.7.5.
With v1 I can boot both system but hibernation is not working. I prefer this version because I use soft sleep on the desktop. It is faster then hibernation that needed mostly for mobile computers.
  • Like 1

Thanks Slice, if they are both present in the folder which one would be used as this morning I copied the v2 one in there along with the v1 and got the same error?

First priority is OsxAptioFixDrv,

second is OsxAptioFix2Drv,

third is LowMemFix.

Next priority driver will be skipped.

• Like 2

I currently use the none v2 one, never had to use it previously.

I wasn't sure if the v2 one did everything the original does just differently?

Thought you were a noobie, but with 501 posts why do you not just try these things? Its all about trial and error n'est pas?

Thanks, can these drivers be loaded on a specific OS, for example v1 for 10.10.5 and v2 for 10.11 from the same Clover install?

I understand the question. It will be next Clover revision but I still didn't decide how it will be.

Different folders for different OS?

Different config for different OS?

Just force AptioFix2 if OSX >=10.11?

• Like 1

AptioFix and AptioFix2 have a lot of common code (I think AptioFix2 has only 2 completely unique functions and a few where a few extra lines were added or changed), could be automated by checking the slide value and the required space (KASLR is unavailable (<= Lion iirc) means slide=0) and comparing that address space to EfiConventionalMemory (=free mem). If free, use AptioFix2 no-reloc way and if occupied, use Aptiofix reloc way. Allocating the relocation block when boot.efi allocates the kernel area (to get the exact size) shouldn't be an issue, huh? Code will run a little slower, but I don't think anyone would notice a diff, maybe a few ms.

I understand the question. It will be next Clover revision but I still didn't decide how it will be.

Different folders for different OS?

Different config for different OS?

Just force AptioFix2 if OSX >=10.11?

Different config.plist for different OS would also be nice

• Like 1