Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

for garbled logo in second stage... this maybe what you are looking for ... i am just reposting someone else's work! 

<key>KextsToPatch</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Second Stage Patch 1</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>hcB0XUg=</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>IOGraphicsFamily</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>McB0W0g=</data>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Second Stage Patch 2</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>QYjE6wM=</data>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>QYjE6yM=</data>
</dict>
</array>

for garbled logo in second stage... this maybe what you are looking for ... i am just reposting someone else's work!

<key>KextsToPatch</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Second Stage Patch 1</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>hcB0XUg=</data>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>McB0W0g=</data>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Second Stage Patch 2</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>QYjE6wM=</data>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>QYjE6yM=</data>
</dict>
</array>
Yeah... That didn't do anything for me. Might work for other people though.

Thanks. I believe that one's for OSX 10.10.x—though I recall it didn't work for me when I tried it on Yosemite some months ago.

But I see there's a new kext patch here for DP10.11. Just tried it, and it works.

Thanks. I believe that one's for OSX 10.10.x—though I recall it didn't work for me when I tried it on Yosemite some months ago.

But I see there's a new kext patch here for DP10.11. Just tried it, and it works.

the one for integrated GPU? The one with "replace that with this"?

the one for integrated GPU? The one with "replace that with this"?

Yeah, it's for IGPU. Not sure if it'll help you, unless system is initially booting with the IGPU and then switches over. I don't know the inner details of that process. Try it and find out?

Hello,

I'm new to the forums and to hackintosh in general. I just got my setup working. However, I would like to hide all boot icons except the 2 I am using. It is "Boot Microsoft EFI boot menu from EFI" and "Boot Max OS X from Yosemite".

I've seen on sceenshots that this should somehow be possible, but have no idea where I would need to change what. Also, if possible I would like to change the text of the options to just "Windows" and "Mac".

Thanks for your help!

I'm new to the forums and to hackintosh in general. I just got my setup working. However, I would like to hide all boot icons except the 2 I am using. It is "Boot Microsoft EFI boot menu from EFI" and "Boot Max OS X from Yosemite".

I've seen on sceenshots that this should somehow be possible, but have no idea where I would need to change what. Also, if possible I would like to change the text of the options to just "Windows" and "Mac".

http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/GUI#Hide

watch your "AppleDisplay" key in reg, i think

j5Xjjyz.png

My blog post about boot-stage, please use google translate :)

Which one is it? None of them has "boot-display".

post-1303722-0-70833300-1441384731_thumb.png

Using DPCIManager, I managed to find it in the list of PCI devices. But still, that information there is just gibberish to me.

post-1303722-0-67002800-1441385486_thumb.png

Also, this command:

Ioreg -lw0 -p IODeviceTree efi -r -n -x | grep device-properties | sed 's /.*<//; s />.*//;' > Device-properties.hex

returns the following error:

sed: 1: "s /.*<//; s />.*//;": bad flag in substitute command: '/'

Yeah, it's for IGPU. Not sure if it'll help you, unless system is initially booting with the IGPU and then switches over. I don't know the inner details of that process. Try it and find out?

That didn't work for me unfortunately.

My kext injection isn't working properly and I really don't see why ! I tried :

- v3258

- v3259

- v3262

- format a new USB dongle

- format the SSD with 10.11 (to get a new ESP)

I get this in my boot log but no actual injection (kext not loaded) :

3:845  0:000  FSInjection: using kexts path: 'EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.11'FSInjectionInstall ...
- Our FSI_SIMPLE_FILE_SYSTEM_PROTOCOL installed on handle: C7BB7718
3:846  0:001  
3:849  0:002  Preparing kexts injection for arch=x86_64 from EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.11
3:855  0:005    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.11\BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext
3:859  0:004    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.11\GPUSensors.kext
3:877  0:017    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.11\LPCSensors.kext
3:902  0:025    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.11\CPUSensors.kext
3:911  0:009    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.11\FakeSMC.kext
3:929  0:018    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.11\AppleIntelE1000e.kext
3:952  0:022    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.11\ACPISensors.kext

you will find logs and dumps attached to this post ...

(I kept FakeSMC & AIE1000e in L/E to be able to boot and use internet)

Edit : the solution is here

@Slice, is this what you meant here?

Preboot.log:

0:100  0:000  PCI (00|00:00.00) : 8086 0C00 class=060000
0:100  0:000  PCI (00|00:01.00) : 8086 0C01 class=060400
0:100  0:000  PCI (00|01:00.00) : 10DE 0FC6 class=030000
0:100  0:000  Found NVidia model=MSi GeForce GTX 650

And then, this in Clover config.plist?

post-1303722-0-19948100-1441392038_thumb.png

Which one is it? None of them has "boot-display".

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2015-09-04 at 7.36.59 PM.png

Using DPCIManager, I managed to find it in the list of PCI devices. But still, that information there is just gibberish to me.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2015-09-04 at 7.49.06 PM.png

Also, this command:

Ioreg -lw0 -p IODeviceTree efi -r -n -x | grep device-properties | sed 's /.*<//; s />.*//;' > Device-properties.hex

returns the following error:

sed: 1: "s /.*<//; s />.*//;": bad flag in substitute command: '/'

That didn't work for me unfortunately.

Since your display is under NVDA,Display-B@1, you will need to inject the boot-display property there, so you'd inject @1,AAPL,boot-display in the PEGP device.

Since your display is under NVDA,Display-B@1, you will need to inject the boot-display property there, so you'd inject @1,AAPL,boot-display in the PEGP device.

I did that, using the method I mentioned one post above. :)

But I think I either missed something, or that method doesn't work for me, cause it resulted in a black screen, right after selecting the drive to boot.

Maybe it could be something to do with the Mac model are you using in SMBIOS as I think different models may use different connectors? Just a guess.

Assuming that might be the case...I'm using iMac 14,1...mostly based on my CPU. What would you try?

Sorry arsradu. You're going to have to experiment as I have no experience using Intel graphics. I just posted about the Mac model as I remember reading about the connectors and black screen a while back.

EDIT: maybe a macmini variant?

• Like 1

Sorry arsradu. You're going to have to experiment as I have no experience using Intel graphics. I just posted about the Mac model as I remember reading about the connectors and black screen a while back.

EDIT: maybe a macmini variant?

I'm not trying to get my internal (Intel) GPU to display the second-stage boot logo properly. I'm trying to get the Nvidia dedicated GPU to do it.

But changing SMBIOSes miiight offer some different results. So I'll give it a try.

Ah okay. That'll teach me to not read the thread completely. Just on my phone right now and saw your last couple of posts and thought I'd throw you a bone .

See if makes any difference anyhow.

:)) Don't worry. And thanks a lot! Awesome guy, as usual. I'll update this post as soon as I get some results.

UPDATE: well, 3 SMBIOSes later...same issue. :(

Initially I thought it fixed it, but actually Clover Configurator was erasing my custom changes, when saving the config.plist file with the new SMBIOS, allowing to load the OS as usual, with no issue, but with no second-stage logo either, so I had to do them manually again. And unfortunately I got the same issue.

Be careful with changing SMBios infos if you're using iCloud/iMessage etc. services. Changing it could breaks your settings and mess up with your account… :whistle:

Not if I use the same crucial info everywhere. :P

But it's a good advice nonetheless.

• Like 1

My kext injection isn't working properly and I really don't see why ! I tried :

More informations :

my current CsrActiveConfig is 0x67 (or 0x03) to allow a custom config for AppleHDA.kext

If I set CsrActiveConfig to 0x00, reboot, rebuilt caches and reboot : injection is working ! but of course without sound !

Now if I set CsrActiveConfig to 0x67, reboot, injection works (no sound) till next caches rebuilt, then sound works (but no injection)  <_<

What can I do to get both ?

Edit : the solution is here

More informations :

my current CsrActiveConfig is 0x67 (or 0x03) to allow a custom config for AppleHDA.kext

If I set CsrActiveConfig to 0x00, reboot, rebuilt caches and reboot : injection is working ! but of course without sound !

What can I do to get both ?

I guess you can't !

Since AppleHDA is modified, setting SIP to 0x0 won't allow it to load even if kextcache has been rebuilt with 0x3.

You'll have to set it to 0x1 :unsure: or 0x3 to have both kext injection via Clover (even if it's not necessary) and unsigned kexts from S/L/E.

• Like 1

I guess you can't !

Since AppleHDA is modified, setting SIP to 0x0 won't allow it to load even if kextcache has been rebuilt with 0x3.

You'll have to set it to 0x1 :unsure: or 0x3 to have both kext injection via Clover (even if it's not necessary) and unsigned kexts from S/L/E.

I don't want to have Csr 0x00 ... I just want custom kext in S/L/E and kext injection from EFI/C/k/10.11.

Csr 0x01, 0x03, 0x67 ... give me the same result : No actual injection from EFI/Clover/kext/10.11/ even if boot log shows them !

Injection works only if System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel has been made with Csr 0x00 ... is that normal ?