Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

54 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

@devs
Is there a way for clover to activate verbose -v mode during updates only? Without being saved to nvram?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had no such task before.I can do this with one extra setting like VerboseAtUpdate but more thinking I will not do this.

If you want verbose then you sit near the computer and then you may press Space on keyboard during Clover GUI time and choose Verbose. It will not interrupt normal process.

• Like 2

On 10/12/2021 at 11:55 AM, Jief_Machak said:

To conclude, we have to decide first : is it ok to users to define ProductName if they want to define other values (it is still ok to start without ProductName and then get from the log (or we can display it in the about menu) ?

What do you all think ?.

So, what should I do with this ?

Disable warning ? Keep the warning but not disabling other values ?

Other ?

I've just seen the commit f014920e145c2c8abc145304ee345d1eb5058fd9 that breaks ccpv.

@everyone So please be aware that, until this is properly fixed, ccpv might gives you warnings that you should not have if you don't define ProductName.

@Slice Not sure to understand why you took the time to disable warnings instead of just defining ProductName. I don't think that hiding errors in config.plist is the way to go... And it doesn't feel nice when you cancel my code without talking to me first. I'm opened to reverse some code changes if we don't have the same point of view, but being done that way it feels like OC...

• Like 3

Hi guys,

I just tried to update to latest r5141.

However, CCPV diplayed this error upon reboot and MacOS didn't load (it was just stuck showing the Apple logo) so I reverted back to r5140 which boots fine.

Warning: Ignore memory module with slot >= SlotCount at '/SMBIOS/Memory:642'

Unfortunately I don't know how to fix this and I couldn't find anything in Clover-Crate.

As you can see my System Profiler says there a three RAM slots available with two slots populated while in reality there are only two slots available (it's an ITX system).

In case you're wondering why the ram sticks sit in slot "1" and "2":

if I set the first stick to slot "0" and the second stick to slot "1" which usually is the correct way as slot count starts at "0" I simply cannot boot – not with r5140 or a prior clover version.

Did something change with r5141 that enables this now?

To what value should I set these problematic values? "SlotCount" is currently set to "2" and this shoukd be fine, no?

This is the part of my config.plist starting at line 642:

<string>Apple Inc.</string>
        <key>Memory</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Channels</key>
            <integer>2</integer>
            <key>Modules</key>
            <array>
                <dict>
                    <key>Frequency</key>
                    <integer>3200</integer>
                    <key>Part</key>
                    <string>HX432C18FBK2/32</string>
                    <key>Serial</key>
                    <string>0000008145304-T000008</string>
                    <key>Size</key>
                    <integer>16384</integer>
                    <key>Slot</key>
                    <integer>1</integer>
                    <key>Type</key>
                    <string>DDR4</string>
                    <key>Vendor</key>
                    <string>Kingston</string>
                </dict>
                <dict>
                    <key>Frequency</key>
                    <integer>3200</integer>
                    <key>Part</key>
                    <string>HX432C18FBK2/32</string>
                    <key>Serial</key>
                    <string>0000008145304-T000009</string>
                    <key>Size</key>
                    <integer>16384</integer>
                    <key>Slot</key>
                    <integer>2</integer>
                    <key>Type</key>
                    <string>DDR4</string>
                    <key>Vendor</key>
                    <string>Kingston</string>
                </dict>
            </array>
            <key>SlotCount</key>
            <integer>2</integer>
        </dict>

Hope you can help me with this and thanks in advance! :)

System Profiler - RAM Slots.png

System Profiler - RAM #2.png

Edited by rramon

Thanks a lot @Slice

That did the magic :)

While I'm following  this thread closely, I'm unsure about the following things – maybe cou can clarify about them.

Upon examining r5141 config sample I noticed three new entries HWTarget, ExtendedFirmwareFeatures and ExtendedFirmwareFeaturesMask.

While the function of HWTarget is clear to me, I don't know what values to use for ExtendedFirmwareFeatures and ExtendedFirmwareFeaturesMask.

Is there a way to calculate them for noobs like myself?

ProductName is set to iMac19,1 for this unit but I have another one which uses iMac18,1.

Thank you!

Edited by rramon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, rramon said:

Thanks a lot @Slice

That did the magic :)

While I'm following  this thread closely, I'm unsure about the following things – maybe cou can clarify about them.

Upon examining r5141 config sample I noticed three new entries HWTarget, ExtendedFirmwareFeatures and ExtendedFirmwareFeaturesMask.

While the function of HWTarget is clear to me, I don't know what values to use for ExtendedFirmwareFeatures and ExtendedFirmwareFeaturesMask.

Is there a way to calculate them for noobs like myself?

ProductName is set to iMac19,1 for this unit but I have another one which uses iMac18,1.

Thank you!

Default values for ExtendedFirmwareFeatures and ExtendedFirmwareFeaturesMask will be OK.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hello

If the problem is on T2 machines:

1) get updates from Monterey
2) to manage to actually update it

I think the RestrictEvents kext is necessary as well as the activation of the 2 ExtendedFirmware (s) by removing the # and adding 8 to the old firmwares.
HWTarget string is not efficient at getting the update and does not override the RestrictEvents kext.
This is my experience with iMacPro1,1 ... What do you think about ?

Edited by Gradou
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Gradou said:

Hello

If the problem is on T2 machines:

1) get updates from Monterey
2) to manage to actually update it

I think the RestrictEvents kext is necessary as well as the activation of the 2 ExtendedFirmware (s) by removing the # and adding 8 to the old firmwares.
HWTarget string is not efficient at getting the update and does not override the RestrictEvents kext.
This is my experience with iMacPro1,1 ... What do you think about ?

What exactly do you mean with „old firmware“?
The values firmware and firmware features (if I recall correctly) generated for the specific Model, say iMac 19,1 in my case?

And the 8 is added in front of them?

Thanks for your explanation

3 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

See in the sub-forum Clover explanation: from Terminal

% sysctl hw.target

I do not know more.

Does terminal return the correct value for one‘s model even if it has been already set (to j160 in my case) in config.plist?

Edited by rramon
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, rramon said:

What exactly do you mean with „old firmware“?

The firmwares without Extended (initials)
The values firmware and firmware features (if I recall correctly) generated for the specific Model, say iMac 19,1 in my case?

Yes

And the 8 is added in front of them?

Yes, in front of Extended... for instance : iMac 19,1 : ExtendedFirmwareFeatures : 0x8FD8FF576 and ExtendedFirmwareFeaturesMask : 0x8FFDFFF7F

Does terminal return the correct value for one‘s model even if it has been already set (to j160 in my case) in config.plist?

No, the better is to try under OpenCore 0.7.4-->Terminal : sysctl hw.target   it returns the good value for your SMBIOS (for instance J137AP for iMacPro1,1)

Edited by Gradou
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mnfesq said:

I am getting this after installing v 5141.  CloverConfigPlistValidator says everything looks good but my laptop won't boot up at all.

IMG_5965.thumb.jpg.dd35866291e3de2581b0b9573c59f9a2.jpg

Reverting back to v5140.1 fixes the problem.  Ideas?

A bug in the xml reading layer. Send me your config,plist.

1 hour ago, mnfesq said:

I am getting this after installing v 5141.  CloverConfigPlistValidator says everything looks good but my laptop won't boot up at all.

IMG_5965.thumb.jpg.dd35866291e3de2581b0b9573c59f9a2.jpg

Reverting back to v5140.1 fixes the problem.  Ideas?

here works without problems on HP laptop

Spoiler

1941321943_Capturedecran2021-10-17a00_28.31copie.png.247fd5aaab4708e27e73439bcf5ad298.png

4 minutes ago, mnfesq said:

Tried it.  No luck.  Same error.  It happens as soon as I turn on my laptop.  Barely time for a config.plist to load.  Long before the Clover menu.

send your EFI from r5140 to make one from r5141.

I did not follow-up hackintoshing/Clover development for a while now, but I see there are things now like ExtendedFirmwareFeautres and such...

Well, I don't know anything about that, but just today I powered-on my old T440 with Clover v5138 and Monterey Beta 4, and it automatically updated itself to Beta 10 without any issues. I did not touch anything in config.plist. CsrActiveConfig=0x01

481024848_Screenshot2021-10-17at11_52_22.thumb.png.64d841984ec8a986a666688b338b8777.png

Everything is working as expected. Looks like I don't have to play with that Extended feature

Edited by kushwavez
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1