Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

If I knew what value to set for hw.target it might be useful too. MacBookPro16,4 and iMacPro1,1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clover 5141 is needed

MacBookPro16,4 J215AP

iMacPro1,1 J137AP

Is this information clear enough or do you need more details ? 🤔😃

.../...

All the same I repeat, as clearly as possible, the procedure that I adopted with iMacPro1,1:

1) With RestrictEvents and its bootarg: -revsbvmm, boot Clover with config.plist containing (in BIOS section) ExtendedFirmwareFeatures 0x8FD8FF53E and ExtendedFirmwareFeaturesMask 0x8FF9FFF3F (without "old" FirmwareFeatures & FirmwareFeaturesMask) and this key:
<key> RtVariables </key>
<dict>
<key> HWTarget </key>
<string> J137AP </string>
to see the update
2) While the update is downloading disable the HWTarget Key, otherwise the update is not done (in my situation anyway).

NOTA BENE : It is obvious, but I specify it, that with another SMBIOS (T2), it will be necessary to change the values of :
ExtendedFirmwareFeatures & ExtendedFirmwareFeaturesMask
and of  :
HWTarget

Edited by Gradou
  • Thanks 1

Clover 5141 is needed
MacBookPro16,4 : J215AP
iMacPro1,1 : J137AP
Is this information clear enough or do you need more details ? 
.../...
All the same I repeat, as clearly as possible, the procedure that I adopted with iMacPro1,1:
1) With RestrictEvents and its bootarg: -revsbvmm, boot Clover with config.plist containing (in BIOS section) ExtendedFirmwareFeatures 0x8FD8FF53E and ExtendedFirmwareFeaturesMask 0x8FF9FFF3F (without "old" FirmwareFeatures & FirmwareFeaturesMask) and this key:
RtVariables

HWTarget
J137AP
to see the update
2) While the update is downloading disable the HWTarget Key, otherwise the update is not done (in my situation anyway).

NOTA BENE : It is obvious, but I specify it, that with another SMBIOS (T2), it will be necessary to change the values of :
ExtendedFirmwareFeatures & ExtendedFirmwareFeaturesMask
and of  :
HWTarget

That is very helpful and the most anyone has posted about this.
Until now I have had no idea what value to set for hwtarget. I still don’t know where to get the values from or why they are needed and are they only needed for update to show them remove them upon first reboot after update.
At least now I have the values I can tinker with a usb if the rc2 update doesn’t show.
I have no clue what a T2 is……Terminator 2?
I do have to add that just because something is clear to one person doesn’t mean it is clear to everyone.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, MifJpnAlphaPlus said:

Thank you for fixing it so many times. @Jief_Machak
I'm sorry, but the results aren't looking good.
The following is the result.

Clover first says she wants me to use CCPV, but when I use CCPV, CCPV doesn't say anything.

CloverStart.jpg.bb0f56c907da4aee971d4b0fa32c83bb.jpg

CloverVirsion.jpg.beeb10ebb6a592e0c1e7977fbc0e028d.jpg

ccpv.jpg.a86f4079e5e009482344ad596dbba7e1.jpgI'm stumped.
Please help me.
If there is a fundamental mistake, please point it out. Please do.
Thank you very much.

config.plist.zip 6.07 kB · 2 downloads

Oups, was too quick to commit 23e4b83d...

Fixed (I think :wallbash:).

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, SavageAUS said:

Until now I have had no idea what value to set for hwtarget.

I still don’t know where to get the values from 

With OpenCore 0.7.4 it can be checked by command

% sysctl hw.target

If you don't have OC 0.7.4, use OpenCoreConfigurator ---> Misc-->Security--->SecureBootModel : l : a drop-down menu and you see several values for T2 Mac (SMBIOS). I put the values ,corresponding to the SMBIOS to use, in upper case and added at the end : AP

Why they are needed and are they only needed for update to show them remove them upon first reboot after update.

personal experiments (a lot of time needed ... thank you !) after readings (including Slice 👏 Clover literature)

I have no clue what a T2 is……Terminator 2?

Computers with Apple T2 Security Chip

The following Mac computers have the Apple T2 Security chip : just after each model of mac T2, between the first parentheses, the HWTarget value which I think is the correct one (from experience), the second parentheses are for the values of ExtendedFirmwareFeatures & ExtendedFirmwareFeaturesMask (which are sometimes the same for different models of Mac)

MacBookPro 15,1 (J680AP) 15,2 (J132AP) 15,3 (J780AP) & 15,4 (J213AP) (0x8FD8FF426 & 0x8FF9FFF3F)

MacBookPro16,1 (J152FAP) 16,3 (J223AP) & 16,4 (J215AP) (0x8FDAFF066 & 0x8FFFFFF7F)

MacBookPro16,2 (J214KAP) (0x8FFAFF06E & 0x8FFFFFF7F) 

MacBookAir8,1 (J140KAP) & 8,2 (J140AAP) (0x8FD8FF42E & 0x8FF9FFF3F)

MacBookAir9,1 (J230KAP) (0x8FFAFF06E & 0x8FFFFFF7F)

Macmini8,1 (J174AP) (0x8FD8FF466 & 0x8FFDFFF7F)

iMac20,1 (J185AP) & 20,2 (J185FAP) (0x8FD8FF576 & 0x8FFDFFF7F) 

iMacPro1,1 (J137AP) (0x8FD8FF53E & 0x8FF9FFF3F)

MacPro7,1 (J160AP) (0x8FDAFF066 & 0x8FFFFFF7F) 

Of course all this requires to be experienced (and confirmed or denied) by anyone curious to test (at their own risk !!) This is a forum for exchange, isn't it?

Edited by Gradou
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

Boot with ExtendedFirmwareFeatures & Mask and FirmwareFeatures & Mask = no update shown.
Boot with the above and HWTarget J215AP = Update shown but showing 12.0.1 again.

It is the second RC Release 21A559 verify the number of your actual version of 12.0.1

• Like 1

It is the second RC Release 21A559 verify the number of your actual version of 12.0.1

I am definitely on 12.0.1 and the update that is downloaded (12.0.1 again) will not install just loops with both clover and OpenCore.

1 hour ago, MifJpnAlphaPlus said:
% ~/CloverBootloader/CloverPackage/CloverConfigPlistValidator/CloverConfigPlistValidator_r5141 /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist
Your plist looks so wonderful. Well done!

The CCPV is saying it. Thank you very much.
 However, the problem is that Clover says warnings. I don't think this is a problem. And there it says, "Look at CCPV and LOG.”
 So, saying that CCPV is "good" doesn't follow the logic,I think.
 Is the "V2" in your modified commit referring to the way SMBIOS is written?
 On the other hand, if the CCPV parser is "not good" or "warning" or "don't know", wouldn't it be better to indicate that and give an answer suggesting to follow Clover's log?
 Sorry. I think we might be looking at this like "says nothing = no problem."
 I'm not in a hurry, so please consider this. Please do.

Thank you very much.

THere is one case where ccpv can't check, but Clover can. This is when ProductName is not defined. And it's true I didn't differentiate the messages. However, you seem NOT in that case.

So, send a picture of your screen when you see the messages, the preboot.log and your config.plist.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

I am definitely on 12.0.1 and the update that is downloaded (12.0.1 again) will not install just loops with both clover and OpenCore.

Can you be more descriptive of what is happening, version number of 12.0.1 possibly already installed ?
Which version of OpenCore? Misc -> SecureBootModel on Disablesd or Default ?

Under Clover 5141 do you remove the HWTarget Key before update... ?
Your information is really very brief ...
"All these broken poorly informed posts are getting beyond the joke."🤣

Edited by Gradou

51 minutes ago, Gradou said:

Can you be more descriptive of what is happening, version number of 12.0.1 possibly already installed ?
Which version of OpenCore? Misc -> SecureBootModel on Disablesd or Default ?

Under Clover 5141 do you remove the HWTarget Key before update... ?
Your information is really very brief ...
"All these broken poorly informed posts are getting beyond the joke."🤣

Please see the attached screenshot as evidence of being on 12.0.1 and being offered 12.0.1 as an update.

I have attached my config.plist for verification.

I am using Clover 5141 as shown.

The update being shown is the same as the version i am running therefor HWTarget is having null affect. But yes i have commented it out to try the update process to no avail.

I have also tried latest OC 0.7.5 dated 21/10/2021 which also shows only the 12.0.1 update as available not 12.0.2.

I use Clover as my daily boot loader. Only use OpenCore when Clover fails to get an update.

Screen Shot 2021-10-22 at 11.13.23 pm.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-22 at 11.17.27 pm.png

config.plist

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

Please see the attached screenshot as evidence of being on 12.0.1 and being offered 12.0.1 as an update.

I have attached my config.plist for verification.

I am using Clover 5141 as shown.

The update being shown is the same as the version i am running therefor HWTarget is having null affect. But yes i have commented it out to try the update process to no avail.

I have also tried latest OC 0.7.5 dated 21/10/2021 which also shows only the 12.0.1 update as available not 12.0.2.

I use Clover as my daily boot loader. Only use OpenCore when Clover fails to get an update.

Screen Shot 2021-10-22 at 11.13.23 pm.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-22 at 11.17.27 pm.png

config.plist 10.59 kB · 0 downloads

What's offered to you is Monterey RC2 12.0.1 (21A559) (21A558 is the RC1)

• Like 2

What's offered to you is Monterey RC2 12.0.1 (21A559) (21A558 is the RC1)

Well which ever is being offered is downloaded but not installing. I have tried numerous times with different settings but I get a reboot a certain spot each time and it’s too fast for a pic.
I’ll keep messing with it. Thanks for help.

24 minutes ago, MifJpnAlphaPlus said:

Thank you for your kind interest.
I'm sure everyone will ask CCPV first. After that, they will figure out how to get the log.
 I'm sure they will have questions about what exactly to do when Clover say the value is "ignored". (In fact, the log says "use the same default value". I think this expression is very kind.
Because it is set automatically, thus they can think it's okay to comment it out. )
 If the CCPV can't do everything (warnings, etc.), then I think it's better to "give a suggestion to follow the log.
 Specifically, there are implementation aspects, so I can absolutely say that your idea is correct.
 Thank you very much for your time.

2021-10-22_12-21_CLOVERX64.efi.log.zip 22.07 kB · 0 downloads

config.plist.zip 6.07 kB · 1 download

CloverStart2110222154.jpg.76fe5ebfc854ab40315ebe5ca3d4236b.jpg

try this one config.plist 2.zip

1784612761_Capturedecran2021-10-22a16_15_15.png.a8c3e5f8781b4a57e7ce33fd9f93dfbb.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SavageAUS said:

Well which ever is being offered is downloaded but not installing. I have tried numerous times with different settings but I get a reboot a certain spot each time and it’s too fast for a pic.
I’ll keep messing with it. Thanks for help.

With Clover 5141, if your download did not allow the update, you must redownload the suggested update. During this re-download do not forget to remove the whole HWTarget key <key> HWTarget </key>
<string> J137AP </string> (and save your config..pist before restarting the update otherwise the HWTarget key will cause a reboot without an update in RC2 12.0.1 (21A559)) and try to change the order of ExtendedFirmwareFeatures & ExtendedFirmwareFeaturesMask in your config.plist...

Edited by Gradou
  • Like 1

With Clover 5141, if your download did not allow the update, you must redownload the suggested update. During this re-download do not forget to remove the whole HWTarget key :  HWTarget
J137AP  (and save your config..pist before restarting the update otherwise the HWTarget key will cause a reboot without an update in RC2 12.0.1 (21A559)) and try to change the order of ExtendedFirmwareFeatures & ExtendedFirmwareFeaturesMask in your config.plist...

I honestly thought commenting it out would be enough. I’ll try downloading it again then removing HWTarget completely before the first reboot.
The update seems to be installing properly this time, is it safe to add back HWTarget after the update is all done?

Thank you for your help.

1 hour ago, chris1111 said:

Latest Clover commit

Wonderfull plist Wel Done :bye:

934673595_ScreenShot2021-10-22at9_59_38PM.png.5b4e9d50d6afb1a203b64eccc30baa34.png

Boot Clover r5141 (162150e5b)

IMG_2476.JPG.63b13ef3a097cbb5187442ae4e13fe86.JPG

@Jief_Machak

I think these Info will be good for ccpv not for release Clover as user don't know what to change to cancel such messages.

• Like 1

On 10/21/2021 at 3:16 AM, SavageAUS said:

No not angry nor do I need to explain my post.
Just simply stating the facts.

A little joke to light the mood, If you do not understand the saying" It's not what you said, it's the way you said it", You need to spend more time around the female species 😂. Have a good week-end everyone 🖖

Edited by Ellybz
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Slice said:

@Jief_Machak

I think these Info will be good for ccpv not for release Clover as user don't know what to change to cancel such messages.

@Jief_Machak  @Slice 

Hi Slice

Look at #462 issue in (your) CloverHackyColor/CloberBootloader REPO.

regards

Edited by matxpa
Look instead of Lokk

A little joke to light the mood, If you do not understand the saying" It's not what you said, it's the way you said it", You need to spend more time around the female species . Have a good week-end everyone 

Trust me I understand the saying very well, my wife tells me all the time.

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, Slice said:

@Jief_Machak

@Slice its not a big probleme to correct this infos in config.plist, the probleme is the validator did not recognise the error when validating

Then User make a correction to avoid this on boot