Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

@Slice its not a big probleme to correct this infos in config.plist, the probleme is the validator did not recognise the error when validating

Then User make a correction to avoid this on boot

For my mind the problem is there is no error. "is the same as default" - why it is the error? What user should correct?

13 minutes ago, Slice said:

For my mind the problem is there is no error. "is the same as default" - why it is the error? What user should correct?

The validator must indicate what must be corrected because presentely it indicates nothing as shown on my image but when you boot on Clover we can see that things must be modified in the config.plist
Here is the point

Edited by chris1111
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Slice said:

@Jief_Machak

I think these Info will be good for ccpv not for release Clover as user don't know what to change to cancel such messages.

I'm pretty sure the user guess what to do when the message say that it is ignored, even saying the line to remove in config.plist.

But also, yes, I agree, the info messages are not supposed to be displayed by Clover. Info messages is just something I've created.

Messages displayed by Clover are supposed to be the "errors" only. By error, I mean a value that is ignored and an other value is used instead, potentially leading to unexpected result.

When a value is ignored because it is the same as the one that Clover will use by default, it's not a mistake, just redondant. Therefore no message should be displayed by Clover. Ccpv will displayed them only if you ask for it with a "--info", for example. "--info" is not done yet, and ccpv currently doesn't display any info messages. Hence the difference.

There is also messages that Ccpv can't display if ProductName is not defined. In that case, they will be displayed, but the message "use ccpv" should be avoided.

Story short : some work to do...

26 minutes ago, Slice said:

There is no error. That's why the message starts with "Info:" instead of "Warning:" or "Error:" :)

2 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

Messages displayed by Clover are supposed to be the "errors" only

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

I'm pretty sure the user guess what to do when the message say that it is ignored, even saying the line to remove in config.plist.

But also, yes, I agree, the info messages are not supposed to be displayed by Clover. Info messages is just something I've created.

Messages displayed by Clover are supposed to be the "errors" only. By error, I mean a value that is ignored and an other value is used instead, potentially leading to unexpected result.

When a value is ignored because it is the same as the one that Clover will use by default, it's not a mistake, just redondant. Therefore no message should be displayed by Clover. Ccpv will displayed them only if you ask for it with a "--info", for example. "--info" is not done yet, and ccpv currently doesn't display any info messages. Hence the difference.

There is also messages that Ccpv can't display if ProductName is not defined. In that case, they will be displayed, but the message "use ccpv" should be avoided.

Story short : some work to do...

There is no error. That's why the message starts with "Info:" instead of "Warning:" or "Error:" :)

@Jief_Machak 

Hi

Could you have a look at your message box and Clover issue N° 462.

Regards

Hi everyone! A kind request as some of us find it hard to follow the exchanges here (yes I am one of them)

a) Please, is there is a fixed version of ccpv Clover Validator for r5141 can some kind soul post it here? @Jief_Machak do you have such build/binary perhaps?

b) Can someone update us on how to officially use r5141 for Monterey, since it's coming out tomorrow?

Eventually, what is needed extra in the config compared to Big Sur? I read @Slice having mentioned extended firmware features and dropping the HWTarget key altogether, eventually.

Perhaps a sample of a working config for me to compare the keys and understand it, if you don't have time for a mini-paragraph?

c) @Slice do we expect a r5142 in the next days, in your opinion, as Monterey final is released tomorrow? I mean, are there newer fixes after official r5141 release that are important for us to use?

Thank you all !

Hi, I'm not following problems about Monterey, but if an update of OpenCorePkg is needed, let me know, I can do it.

Which version of OC is bundled with Clover now? 0.7.3 if I remember reading correctly. 0.7.4 is released.
I think it would be best to to maintain a release cycle with OC’s release version instead of just updating with major changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Hi everyone! A kind request as some of us find it hard to follow the exchanges here (yes I am one of them)

a) Please, is there is a fixed version of ccpv Clover Validator for r5141 can some kind soul post it here? [mention=1176907]Jief_Machak[/mention] do you have such build/binary perhaps?

B) Can someone update us on how to officially use r5141 for Monterey, since it's coming out tomorrow?
Eventually, what is needed extra in the config compared to Big Sur? I read [mention=112217]Slice[/mention] having mentioned extended firmware features and dropping the HWTarget key altogether, eventually.
Perhaps a sample of a working config for me to compare the keys and understand it, if you don't have time for a mini-paragraph?

c) [mention=112217]Slice[/mention] do we expect a r5142 in the next days, in your opinion, as Monterey final is released tomorrow? I mean, are there newer fixes after official r5141 release that are important for us to use?

Thank you all !

For me, with Clover 5141 to update the latest Beta’s (except RC2) I have needed to use OC to initiate the update then let clover take over after the first reboot. How ever with RC2 I was taught a few things.
HWTarget rtvariable was used to initiate the download process of the new update but I had to delete (not comment out) the HWTarget from rtvariables before the first reboot or else I would get stuck in a reboot loop.
I also only used the ExtendedFirmwareFeatures and it’s Mask and commented out the standard FirmwareFeatures and it’s Mask.
I also had RestrictEvents kext in place.
So I cannot say if all of the above are needed but this is what eventually worked for me.
As usual your mileage may vary but the above worked for me when nothing else would on both my hacks with MacBookPro16,4 and iMacPro1,1 smbios.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MacKonsti said:

a) Please, is there is a fixed version of ccpv Clover Validator for r5141 can some kind soul post it here? @Jief_Machak do you have such build/binary perhaps?

b) Can someone update us on how to officially use r5141 for Monterey, since it's coming out tomorrow?

Eventually, what is needed extra in the config compared to Big Sur? I read @Slice having mentioned extended firmware features and dropping the HWTarget key altogether, eventually.

c) @Slice do we expect a r5142 in the next days, in your opinion, as Monterey final is released tomorrow? I mean, are there newer fixes after official r5141 release that are important for us to use?

Thank you all !

Current release 5141 works fine with Monterey RC2.

5142 is not yet expected because no functional changes.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/24/2021 at 3:56 PM, Slice said:

Current release 5141 works fine with Monterey RC2.

5142 is not yet expected because no functional changes.

Yes, confirmed

clover always as expected VERY functional

update passed without problem Clover r5141 with kext to day

4 reboots during the process and an average of 25 minutes Monterey GM

Thanks Team Clover

Spoiler

485235250_4copie.thumb.png.ac49bcc88eae620f5b67349e5c267ec8.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hello @Jief_Machak

there is a problem with Clover,
I explain:
I have a PC with Legacy bios versions and where clover does the entire installation process but at the end of 1 part of the 12 minutes it shows an error (une error is only produced by the installation preparation. try to run this app again)

if you reboot the pc hard it will show the partition with the installer on the normal disk but if you continue it will do the installation process for 29 minutes and at the end another error

(une error is the product of the application of the software update)

this same problem is happening to many members of the community but mainly on pc without UEFI (I've also seen this same error on recent pc)

I didn't get any logo!

when you have time so we can see together and try to solve it, let me know so we can do it.

thank you and good sequels
good job Clover always big

" there will be errors in the translation of the text as it has already happened but I use the google translator

I hope you understand or if you have any doubts let me know that I use another language in private

sorry in advance to the rest of the community if it's not understandable "

Clover 5141 : update for beta 12.1 OK, (with SMBIOS iMacPro1,1) : kext RestrictEvents (without bootarg), ExtendedFirmwares, no HWTarget key

Edited by Gradou

16 hours ago, Allan said:

Thanks @Jief_Machak, waiting this new Clover release before upgrade to Monterey.

Hey @Slice! As you explained at the Clover Change Explanations about the ExtendedFirmwareFeatures feature, I just need to use only it to install Monterey and gets updates available right?

Like this 👇🏽

Screen Shot 2021-10-28 at 11.35.45.png

Thank you guys

Exactly.

8 hours ago, PG7 said:

Hello @Jief_Machak

there is a problem with Clover,
I explain:
I have a PC with Legacy bios versions and where clover does the entire installation process but at the end of 1 part of the 12 minutes it shows an error (une error is only produced by the installation preparation. try to run this app again)

if you reboot the pc hard it will show the partition with the installer on the normal disk but if you continue it will do the installation process for 29 minutes and at the end another error

(une error is the product of the application of the software update)

this same problem is happening to many members of the community but mainly on pc without UEFI (I've also seen this same error on recent pc)

I didn't get any logo!

when you have time so we can see together and try to solve it, let me know so we can do it.

thank you and good sequels
good job Clover always big

" there will be errors in the translation of the text as it has already happened but I use the google translator

I hope you understand or if you have any doubts let me know that I use another language in private

sorry in advance to the rest of the community if it's not understandable "

Just yesterday I took the test with legacy bios and legacy Clover. 

I successfully boot into Mojave (boot6+Clover 5141) but I found that OpenRuntime-v12.efi is obligatory now even for legacy boot.

Remember that with old Clover versions legacy boot was possible without *AptioFix*. It becomes mandatory since OC integration.

I have an issue with my graphics card RX570. This boot led to black screen even with RadeonDeInit and even with WhateverGreen. It looks like old methods developed for 6xxx-7xxx cards are no more working.

Anyway the trick with sleep-wake is still working: I booted to black screen, wait for a minute, press Power button for 2 seconds, wait and computer fall into sleep, then click mouse and the computer wake successfully into desktop. All is fine and works nice.

I can't do the same with Monterey, still don't know why.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

So we don’t need ExtendedFirmwareFeaturesMask? Just ExtendedFirmwareFeatures?

Both are needed IMHO, like previous  ExtendedFirmwareFeatures and ExtendedFirmwareMask (32bits) 🙂

I use them for my Imac19,1 (Z390). 

45 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

So we don’t need ExtendedFirmwareFeaturesMask? Just ExtendedFirmwareFeatures?

You need the mask because finalValue = Value & Mask;

But I see no reason why the mask can't be 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF;

• Like 3

You need the mask because finalValue = Value & Mask;
But I see no reason why the mask can't be 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF;

Thanks. And what about HWTarget? Is that needed just for the updates to show them delete them entry before first reboot?

11 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

Thanks. And what about HWTarget? Is that needed just for the updates to show them delete them entry before first reboot?

I don't know yet. It probably needed only for T2 models. It is not needed for me (iMac17,1).

5 hours ago, Slice said:

Exactly.

Just yesterday I took the test with legacy bios and legacy Clover. 

I successfully boot into Mojave (boot6+Clover 5141) but I found that OpenRuntime-v12.efi is obligatory now even for legacy boot.

Remember that with old Clover versions legacy boot was possible without *AptioFix*. It becomes mandatory since OC integration.

I have an issue with my graphics card RX570. This boot led to black screen even with RadeonDeInit and even with WhateverGreen. It looks like old methods developed for 6xxx-7xxx cards are no more working.

Anyway the trick with sleep-wake is still working: I booted to black screen, wait for a minute, press Power button for 2 seconds, wait and computer fall into sleep, then click mouse and the computer wake successfully into desktop. All is fine and works nice.

I can't do the same with Monterey, still don't know why.

hello slice

I understand what you explained,
I have always used Clover for many years and yes I went through the insertion phase from OC to Clover

i have no problem using Clover on any of my machines i am always on the latest versions of github (my laptop and All In One work all inclusive Sleep/Wake)

the problem I encounter is only installing or updating Monterey with Clover on Legacy machines

I can't finish the installation

notice here some of the old pc in the latest version of Monterey with Clover r5141

Spoiler

249091368_1000930663800048_5451773749303268139_n.thumb.jpeg.c4085861ab35e06325cd1dfc3833ffc7.jpeg249482349_999790660580715_710412497295429813_n.thumb.jpeg.714c89812de1fba701a04545aee7418b.jpeg249474677_1000454910514290_4316047777725721319_n.thumb.jpeg.6084f3525727cb7883dbb640ee7bb47b.jpeg

@Slice @Jief_Machak

I'll try to explain
may have translation errors because I use the google traductor!

at installation time everything goes fine until the time it should restart at 12 minutes but it makes an error I leave the print of the error!

Spoiler

249627340_246292984196750_571116345654718976_n.jpeg.c3b6d7d8ab503b6705cd795373f755bd.jpeg

here later we can force the reboot,
when entering the Clover menu you will have the new install partition on the HDD and you can continue the installation this 29 minute phase like here in the print !

Spoiler

250208834_2946222458950880_1821652762219065571_n.jpeg.b1820c879d4bcb56056378000bf34731.jpeg

after spending all the installation time, which is 29 minutes at the time it should restart, it will show another error that I'll leave in the next print

after even restarting in force it goes back to the installation of 29 minutes and returns to make the same error and this always

with the OC, the entire phase passes without any problem

the same happens with the update!

Spoiler

250311423_466039231454046_9113517977503578105_n.jpeg.b865ddfa36600299a793ba26954330d9.jpeg

I would just like to try to understand why this happens with Clover and the OC installs well.

Thank you for the time dedicated to the community, past work and longevity.
I am a high supporter of Clover because I find advantages in Clover that I don't have in OpenCore such as managing Dual boot and being more friendly with NVRAM not complicating in Bios

ps:
once again I KNOW that there will be errors in the translation but I don't understand English!
i apologize for that

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Slice said:

I don't know yet. It probably needed only for T2 models. It is not needed for me (iMac17,1).

As I said there now, for Monterey 12.1 Beta (the last one) on T2 model, we need : the RestrictEvents kext (without bootarg), ExtendedFirmwares & ExtendedFirmwaresMask, but not at all HWTarget key : for the moment we can forget it

Edited by Gradou
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1