Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Thanks Slice and fusion71au for the replies. Now I have Mav and Win 7 UEFI installed with Clover Legacy.

Now I'm experimenting with Boot Camp.

If I have DefaultVolume=Macintosh HD, Clover starts Mavericks and if I restart selecting Windows 7 from Startup Disk in System Preferences, also starts Mavericks. If I have DefaultVolume=EFI, Clover starts Windows 7 and if I restart selecting "Restart into OS X..." from Boot Camp Utility for Windows, also starts Windows 7.

Any help?

Clover is a replacement for bootcamp. You should choose starting Windows from Clover GUI.

It is not possible to restart to Windows from Startup Disk pref panel.

Slice,

You mind telling me the other methods, I haven't found one that works yet.

Patch info.plist by TextEdit, for example....

Use FakeID feature in CLover, if it is relevant for this case...

Use DeviceMergeNub if relevant...

Hi Sergey , please a little question , i dont unterstand why have many HD in GUI clover

I found suddenly other icons after trying the DP of yosemite

1) Boot OS X Install From Maverics

2) Two icons Boot Mc OS x From DP3

attachicon.gifSchermata 2014-07-21 alle 21.49.13.png

Each boot.efi in one partition will be new entry in GUI.

Search, how name boot.efi do you have now.

Each boot.efi in one partition will be new entry in GUI.

Search, how name boot.efi do you have now.

Sergey I see only one EFI

prodimagnifico:~ magnifico$ diskutil list

/dev/disk0

#:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER

0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *128.0 GB   disk0

1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk0s1

2:                  Apple_HFS maverics                127.7 GB   disk0s2

/dev/disk1

0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *128.0 GB   disk1

1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk1s1

2:                  Apple_HFS Swap                    127.7 GB   disk1s2

/dev/disk2

0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *128.0 GB   disk2

1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk2s1

2:                  Apple_HFS Dp3                     127.2 GB   disk2s2

3:                 Apple_Boot Recovery HD             650.0 MB   disk2s3

/dev/disk3

0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *1.0 TB     disk3

1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk3s1

2:                  Apple_HFS DatiMac                 999.9 GB   disk3s2

/dev/disk4

0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *1.0 TB     disk4

1: DE94BBA4-06D1-4D40-A16A-BFD50179D6AC               314.6 MB   disk4s1

2:                        EFI NO NAME                 104.9 MB   disk4s2

3:         Microsoft Reserved                         134.2 MB   disk4s3

4:       Microsoft Basic Data                         999.6 GB   disk4s4

prodimagnifico:~ magnifico$

But in GUI i see two HD Dp3..mhmm

Clover v2774. Does not show the loading bar Yosemite DP4! Only the Apple logo.

For me is everything OK...

Do you have CustomLogo=false at your config.plist?

<key>Boot</key>
<dict>
   <key>CustomLogo</key>
   <false/>
</dict>
  • Like 1

For me is everything OK...

Do you have CustomLogo=false at your config.plist?

<key>Boot</key>
<dict>
   <key>CustomLogo</key>
   <false/>
</dict>

Added the "flag" friend! Returned to normal. THX!

must be added with :

<key>UseAlternateLogo</key> 
		<true/>

or not..?

If you're using 2758, yes, that should work. If you're using 2774, I haven't tried that yet, but I think the other one mentioned above should work now...assuming you turn it on by switching that "false" to "true".

Meaning this one:

<key>CustomLogo</key>
<false/>

Now, about 2774:

1. can't boot Yosemite DP4 with it anymore. Worked fine with 2758. But doesn't work with 2774. Mavericks still boots up just fine with either one of them.

2. I upgraded to 2774 by actually installing the last version on top of the previous one, using the same options as before.

I didn't replace the CLOVERX64.efi file cause, after extracting the pkg file, and locating the CLOVERX64.efi file in the appropriate folder, I didn't know if I should just copy-paste it, or if I should copy it with root permissions or using a special command or something. So I preferred the reinstalling method. Not sure if that has anything to do with the fact that I can't boot Yosemite anymore.

3. the issue I told you before (frozen if booting from a complete shutdown and also the reason why I chose to upgrade in the first place) is still there. You can check out the attached config.plist for more details.

Initially I had this added to the boot, in order to get the black background and the white logo:

<true/>

And I thought that this might be the reason why it doesn't boot anymore, after the update to 2774. So I removed those lines and tried again. And I still can't boot anymore. As I said, Mavericks works fine with either 2758 and 2774. Yosemite does not boot with the last one.

Also, in case I want to switch back to 2758, since, apparently the issue with the freezing is still there in the new version as well, can I apply the same method (reinstall on top of the other version, keeping the exact same options)? If not, what would you recommend?

Also, if you need more information, just let me know.

config.plist.zip

• Like 2

1. can't boot Yosemite DP4 with it anymore. Worked fine with 2758. But doesn't work with 2774

Verbose boot stops where?

Did you tried to boot in Single User Mode and rebuild caches?

Verbose boot stops where?

Did you tried to boot in Single User Mode and rebuild caches?

I did and it boots just fine in both "verbose" and "single user verbose" modes. But not in normal mode.

In normal mode, I see the apple logo (the grey one) and no loading bar. After about 10 seconds, the screen goes black for another few seconds, then the computer goes into reboot.

I tried to take some pictures, while it was loading. Not sure if it's gonna help anyone. I see an error in one of them... But I'm not sure if that's intended or not.

I see no problem with DP4 and 2774.  Work fine here.

Did you also upgrade it by installing it on top of the previous version?

post-1303722-0-50569000-1406059257_thumb.jpg

post-1303722-0-88153200-1406059267_thumb.jpg

I did and it boots just fine in both "verbose" and "single user verbose" modes. But not in normal mode.

In normal mode, I see the apple logo (the grey one) and no loading bar. After about 10 seconds, the screen goes black for another few seconds, then the computer goes into reboot.

I tried to take some pictures, while it was loading. Not sure if it's gonna help anyone. I see an error in one of them... But I'm not sure if that's intended or not.

So, you need latest Clover revision > http://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/

And this > http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/284656-clover-general-discussion/page-256?do=findComment&comment=2043108

Did you also upgrade it by installing it on top of the previous version?

Yes, using Software Update...

Yep... From 2772

Well, then I don't know what's wrong. I upgraded from 2758. I don't know how you guys compile it. I only used the released versions on sourceforge.

Ook...I'll try adding that to the Boot section in config.plist. Not sure that will make any difference though... I mean, it might bring the loading bar back...but will that make the OS boot properly? We'll see.

The message I posted above was referring to version 2774. So I already have the last revision. In fact, I had no problems with 2758. But I do have problems with 2774.

Software Update? For Clover update? How? :)

Well, then I don't know what's wrong. I upgraded from 2758. I don't know how you guys compile it. I only used the released versions on sourceforge.

At the config.plist attached in your previous post there is no CustomLogo=false...

Do you at least tried once?

Ook...I'll try adding that to the Boot section in config.plist. Not sure that will make any difference though... I mean, it might bring the loading bar back...but will that make the OS boot properly? We'll see.

The message I posted above was referring to version 2774. So I already have the last revision. In fact, I had no problems with 2758. But I do have problems with 2774.

Software Update? For Clover update? How? :)

Look here > http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2562&view=findpost&p=41062

At the config.plist attached in your previous post there is no CustomLogo=false...

Do you at least tried once?

Look here > http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2562&view=findpost&p=41062

I just tried it. And....it works. :) Thank you.

Even though I didn't get that weird, messed up screen, like you did, before the computer went to reboot, the rest of the behavior was indeed pretty much identical to what I was experiencing.

Why isn't that option included already? Or is it set to true, by default?

Anyway, it's interesting that, if you set it to false, which means that you don't want to use a custom logo (or at least that's my interpretation of it), it actually loads everything ok (black background, white loading bar).  Whereas, in 2758, in order to see the white logo on black background, you had to add:

<true/>

The only thing that doesn't seem to be loading, is the second stage boot logo. Only the loading bar is displayed. But with no logo. It doesn't bother me that much. And I'm not sure that has anything to do with Clover anyway... But, I'm saying it in case it might have something to do with it and maybe there is a fix for it.

Why isn't that option included already? Or is it set to true, by default?

Any different value than false will enable CustomLogo, but, now, as DP4 solved

the missed Apple logo issues, I think that the Devs will set default to false...

I think that the intention of this feature is more for "Boot Customisation" purposes than

for a missed boot logo...

• Like 1

I didn't replace the CLOVERX64.efi file cause, after extracting the pkg file, and locating the CLOVERX64.efi file in the appropriate folder, I didn't know if I should just copy-paste it, or if I should copy it with root permissions or using a special command or something.

FYI,

No special permissions needed - just copy and paste to replace CLOVERX64.efi in /EFI/Clover. 

I usually rename the old one to OG.CLOVERX64.efi so I can revert back easily if something goes wrong with the new version :).

Also you can compile the latest Clover revision for yourself with CloverGrower.  The latest changes can be viewed from the latest code commits.  The compiled version on SourceForge is usually older/more stable than the latest commits....

Edit

You can actually rename the old CLOVERX64.efi to anything you like.  I just use the "OG" prefix which reminds me that its "original" file :).

• Like 2

FYI,

No special permissions needed - just copy and paste to replace CLOVERX64.efi in /EFI/Clover. 

I usually rename the old one to OG.CLOVERX64.efi so I can revert back easily if something goes wrong with the new version :).

Also you can compile the latest Clover revision for yourself with CloverGrower.  The latest changes can be viewed from the latest code commits.  The compiled version on SourceForge is usually older/more stable than the latest commits....

Oh, ok... I was comparing permissions (with Get Info -> Sharing & Permissions...if I'm not mistaken) between the two of them. The older one in EFI/Clover, and the newer one I just unpacked from the pkg file. So I was afraid that if I just copy-paste it in EFI/Clover, it will not have the necessary permissions to run and the computer won't be able to boot anymore. But good to know that it's actually easier than that.

In an attempt to try the replace method, I also made a backup of the initial file on my Desktop. Didn't rename it. Just put it on my Desktop. Though, now that I think of it, your method might be actually better (especially in case of reinstalling the OS). Why OG...? What does that stand for? What about CLOVERX64_.efi? Would that work? Or _CLOVERX64.efi? Or CLO_VERX64.efi?

About compiling Clover...I don't know. I would prefer stable stuff for now (until I get more experience with Clover so that I know how to fix my system in case something goes wrong). Also I never tried Xcode... I did compile stuff (still do, in Ubuntu) but never tried to compile anything, on a Mac/Hack with Xcode. Of course there is a first for everything. But I think I'm gonna wait for a little while longer to try that. I like to be on the safe side. :)

As always, thank you very much for your help. It's most appreciated. You are one of the few people around here who knows how to explain stuff, for noobs like me to understand. :D

Edit

You can actually rename the old CLOVERX64.efi to anything you like. I just use the "OG" prefix which reminds me that its "original" file :).

Thank you. :)

Sergey I see only one EFI

prodimagnifico:~ magnifico$ diskutil list

/dev/disk0

0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *128.0 GB   disk0

1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk0s1

2:                  Apple_HFS maverics                127.7 GB   disk0s2

/dev/disk1

0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *128.0 GB   disk1

1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk1s1

2:                  Apple_HFS Swap                    127.7 GB   disk1s2

/dev/disk2

0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *128.0 GB   disk2

1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk2s1

2:                  Apple_HFS Dp3                     127.2 GB   disk2s2

3:                 Apple_Boot Recovery HD             650.0 MB   disk2s3

/dev/disk3

0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *1.0 TB     disk3

1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk3s1

2:                  Apple_HFS DatiMac                 999.9 GB   disk3s2

/dev/disk4

0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *1.0 TB     disk4

1: DE94BBA4-06D1-4D40-A16A-BFD50179D6AC               314.6 MB   disk4s1

2:                        EFI NO NAME                 104.9 MB   disk4s2

3:         Microsoft Reserved                         134.2 MB   disk4s3

4:       Microsoft Basic Data                         999.6 GB   disk4s4

prodimagnifico:~ magnifico$

But in GUI i see two HD Dp3..mhmm

Same here folks!!!

any other suggestions?!

thx fellas!!!

Same here folks!!!

any other suggestions?!

thx fellas!!!

Search in your log wich uuid have recovery hd

And try this in config plist

<key>Hide</key>
        <array>
            <string> your UUID </string>

@ Sergey can you fix in boot loader this problem ?

FYI

I also got two Yosemite drives in Clover boot menu. They seem to be identical. And no, there is no USB stick named Yosemite or something like this. The recovery partition is also separate from the other two. This happens only with Yosemite partitions (at least in my case). I'll try to get a log.