Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

who has good experience in dealing with reverse engineering and good experience with ida :thumbsup_anim:

I test currently, a combination of drivers from 10.7.4 and 10.8.4 (a fake GeForceGLDriver.bundle driver), it is very intersting, mountain lion is booting normally and get into graphic mode. Currently the system is checked of TechTool Pro 6 if any positive results are achieved or not,than I'll be inform you

Edited by spakk

at the moment the graphics card is checked in detail (dot for dot), a lengthy test

I cancel the test, which can take weeks :withstupid:

Edited by spakk

spakk, können Sie mir mehr darüber erzählen, was dieser Test beinhaltet? vielleicht kann es sein scripted

Entschuldigung für mein schlechtes Deutsch

spakk, can you tell me more about what this test involves? perhaps it can be scripted

Sorry for my bad German

• Like 2

got sort of in with -nossse3bit otherwise panics on AppleFSCompressionZlib

+ patched corecrypto

Fips User Post Failed and it stalls on Root device quite a while

macx swappon stall is not present

and ended up after initializing the ATI 5770 in a WhiteScreen and stays there

another boot in Savemode same flag ended up in BlackScreen flickering around

DoubleChecked

.......and i had some old test kexts installed which caused the above Situation still messing around

oke got in and basicly nothing is working (app wise) but i have not come across any artifacts on full qe/ ci yet but that must be due to my dock is only 2d and on the left side form older tests and i cant move it down (without messing with the script manualy ) or u fixed it ;) and broke alot other stuff on the way to it ;)

Apps all Quit while using the cl_kernel plugins (except Chameleon Wizard ,Notes ,Calender )

Pic Below

http://cl.ly/image/0K063l3w3Y2P/o

also the taskbar is completely empty except the Notification Bars

keep it up

• Like 1

Hello ,

I'm trying to boot ML 10.8.3 ( turkey version ) with the new 10.8.3 kernel the installation completed succesfull but upon boot i'm getting a kernel panic

arch=x86_64 npci=0x2000 darkwake=0 -v -f

HP Pavilion G6 2052-SD

UEFI GPT SSD Disk

CPU : AMD A6-4400M

8GB

AMD 7520G

It did not work on my pc amd Phenom II X4 820, this kernel "ML3".

Gave "kernel panic"

Which boot flag that starts with this Kernel "ML3"?

I always use the: "arch = x86_64 npci = 0x2000 GraphicsEnabler = No -v " and not ripped off!

gave too Kp with this new kernel

Edit: This kernel has a strange problem with corecrypto.kext IMO

I'm going to test the new kernel by sinetek, because corecrypto problem ---> you should probably use the modified anv_corecrypto.kext instead of the intel corecrypto.kext.

when I need test kernels by sintek than I must change the corecrypto.kext.

Edit:

download see first page by theconnactic

I'm going to test the new kernel by sinetek, because corecrypto problem ---> you should probably use the modified anv_corecrypto.kext instead of the intel corecrypto.kext.

when I need test kernels by sintek than I must change the corecrypto.kext.

Edit:

download see first page by theconnactic

Unfortunately, gave KP this time, too.

I tried many boot flags like GE y/n, cpus=1, -x

Gils has test with: -nossse3bit

try with : -nossse3bit npci=0x3000 ( or npci=0x2000) PCIRootUID=0 (or PCIRootUID=1) , otherwise you should read the older posts that boot flag variants we have tried to enter.

• Like 1

Hey guys. I was thinking about trying to run the latest AnV kernel on my old Pentium 4 631 to see if this may help isolating the problem whit the nVidia and the emulator. I'm a pretty noob so i'm maybe saying just {censored} but if i'm not, how can i report it back? What do you guys think? Cheers...

• Like 2

Nosse3bit works but this time system doesn't accept my login. I'm pretty sure about login info but when I enter system doesn't accept.

Strange...

boot again but in single user mode

-s

/sbin/fsck -fy

/sbin/mount -uw /

than give: reboot or exit

• Like 1

Hey guys. I was thinking about trying to run the latest AnV kernel on my old Pentium 4 631 to see if this may help isolating the problem whit the nVidia and the emulator. I'm a pretty noob so i'm maybe saying just {censored} but if i'm not, how can i report it back? What do you guys think? Cheers...

Would be great: report back please here in this topic. You can also add the IRC chanel #legacykernel on chat.osx86.hu. Good luck!

• Like 1

Would be great: report back please here in this topic. You can also add the IRC chanel #legacykernel on chat.osx86.hu. Good luck!

Well so far it's being totally worse than i expected. It seems that it's unable to run any graphic mode. I tried a variety of boot flags and nothing but some kernel panics and black screen, also the mother board was not helping it's a Gigabyte GA-VM900M 2.0 with no AHCI support so i had to work around this and other odds. Although that, what a fun! lol Dealing whit dust and thermal paste all day long, pure nostalgic. I'll try to repeat and write up the procedures i've made tomorrow, for now i need some sleep. :) Cheers...

Unfortunately it didn't help

I can't login myself :)

they should have made a backup, then change the folder : /System/Library/Core Services ---> in a_CoreServices (example)

possibly a file is corrupted

and copy them from the backup Core Services to /System/Library/CoreServices

than:

boot again in single user mode

-s

/sbin/fsck -fy

/sbin/mount -uw /

I hope it will help them further

Edit:

better take the folder of the original Mountain Lion

Well so far it's being totally worse than i expected. It seems that it's unable to run any graphic mode. I tried a variety of boot flags and nothing but some kernel panics and black screen, also the mother board was not helping it's a Gigabyte GA-VM900M 2.0 with no AHCI support so i had to work around this and other odds. Although that, what a fun! lol Dealing whit dust and thermal paste all day long, pure nostalgic. I'll try to repeat and write up the procedures i've made tomorrow, for now i need some sleep. :) Cheers...

Which graphics card, which kernel, which (if any) patched kext(s), and which bootloader? All the kernels have different requirements. I wonder if someone could just merge them into one.. :)

• Like 1

they should have made a backup, then change the folder : /System/Library/Core Services ---> in a_CoreServices (example)

possibly a file is corrupted

and copy them from the backup Core Services to /System/Library/CoreServices

than:

boot again in single user mode

-s

/sbin/fsck -fy

/sbin/mount -uw /

I hope it will help them further

Edit:

better take the folder of the original Mountain Lion

I do not have a backup unfortunately.

I'm looking for a way to create an user from single mode. Because I was login only username:root/pass method. I don't have any created user on this mac.

I don't have any user name in /Users folder also.