Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

hello bronya :)

il m'est impossible de démarrer sur ton kernel ? (reboot)

I am unable to boot your kernel? (reboot)

what flag SVP ?

Phenom K10 works with ML DP1 NV on i386 with kernel sinedp1 of Sinetek.

Some bug still as you can see in the video but is still usable, I copied libcldcpuengine.dylib version ML10.8 12A269 on the version MLDP1 (12A178) to operate.

Unfortunately the kernel Bronya (Dimitrik) DP1 RC1 does not work for me on ML DP1 but works fine on x86_64 ML 12A269

flag: npci=0x2000 -nossse3bit arch=i386

Hello gils83 !

with arch=i386 (after load kexts reboot) - it is your word "DP1 RC1 does not work for me on ML DP1" ???

Or what does not work ??

Hello !

The Mach-O file is malformed: Invalid magic number: 0xfeedfacf - it is only 64 bit in system ! No fix !

If can fix then how ?

My mach_kernel a normal , is sound is working and QE/CI is working with i386 ! Why you speak that sound no working ???

No understand !

kernel dp1_sinetek is same is it 0xfeedfacf .

I am reinstalling dp1, will get back to you soon, but when I tested it with your dp1_rc1 kernel I did not get audio.

I did not get audio with sinedp1 until I used the busratio and fsb flags and audio worked for sinedp1...

So audio did not work for me using your kernel but I do get QE/CI on my 6870 graphics card. I am using a dsdt and unpatched applehda for hdmi audio output.

I am reinstalling dp1, will get back to you soon, but when I tested it with your dp1_rc1 kernel I did not get audio.

I did not get audio with sinedp1 until I used the busratio and fsb flags and audio worked for sinedp1...

So audio did not work for me using your kernel but I do get QE/CI on my 6870 graphics card. I am using a dsdt and unpatched applehda for hdmi audio output.

Friend, you have to teach me how you got the HDMI adapter 6870.

I have the same card that you

Thank you!

Hi guys!

I have updated Mountain Lion from 10.8.2 to 10.8.4, the update went smoothly. Except for the small adjustments of the Nvidia Graphics driver and amd_kernel by Andy.

The graphic quality is the same as on Mountain Lion 10.8.2! The graphics card is not 100 percentage compatibility , but is activated by entering the terminal full QE / CI and Launchpad works like compatibility of QE / CI but video streams is not working.

No Quartz. Mountain Lion runs very smoothly and without any problems. the start behavior of Mountain Lion is much faster as before under 10.8.2 ( about 1.5 minutes.) :wink2:

Hi !

I did kernel for ml_dp1_rc2 , working kernel with it kext "Dont Steal Mac OS X.kext", no panic with kext .

but panic from only vmware - because size memory problem , problem it is opemu .

If without opemu, then it is working ok !!! But without sysenter .

<_<

The memory of my Nividia GTX550TI is not displayed correctly in Mountain Lion, although I have given everything in my DSDT.aml.

The success scored of Netkas test with GeForce GTX TITAN with ML 10.8.4 ,unfortunately I can not confirm this with my GTX550TI .

Netkas, please tell us how you have supported scoring the full QE / CI.

I use a 64-bit kernel by Andy (arch = x86_64) and also the MacPro3, 1 SMBIOS as in your description unfortunately its not 100-percentage QE / CI compatibility!

Edit:

I am fully aware that GTX TITAN is no comparable with the GTX550TI !! I was hoping that it works with the GTX550TI, too

Can we hope someday that will work our other nvidia graphics card completely?

Edited by spakk

What version of ML/kernel do I need to use in order to test with my GTX 550 ti??

You can download my Extensions folder (ML10.8.2) and thus test, see under (spakk) details and driver downloads see my [AMD] Working Builds!

Here you will also find the amd_kernel by andy

Edited by spakk

Hi bronzovka works your new kernel completely with Phenom II X6? if so, what adjustments do I need? what I should enter for the boot flag? Now I want to test your and sineteks i386 kernel

You can download my Extensions folder (ML10.8.2) and thus test, see under (spakk) details and driver downloads see my [AMD] Working Builds!

I'm all over it. I thought no nVidia cards were working at this point. This is great news.

Just reinstalled 10.8.2, downloading your kexts/kernel and swapping graphics cards. Wish me luck ?

It's still not letting me into the desktop with that kernel. I'm using a GTX 550 ti, Phenom II X6 CPU... Should this work for me? What am I doing wrong?

Just if anyone is wondering, tried MLPostFactor0.2.2 X86. Which is meant to run 10.8.2, 10.8.3 on 32bit Macs. Same "The Mach-O file is malformed: Invalid magic number: 0xfeedfacf" error on both Sinetek & Bronzovka kernels. Sigh! x86_64 works of course but that gets rid of QE/CI for me, anyone else is welcome to try of course.

Man, no one will ever run 10.8.2-3-4 with either Bronzoka's or Sinetek's dp1 kernel on 32-bit mode, unless all the dp1 kexts are used as well. Mountain Lion doesn't have universal kexts: all them are 64-bit only.

Best regards!

P.S.: about the PostFactor tool, it's meant for 32-bit EFI Macs, but only the ones which have a 64-bit capable CPU (C2D or newer).

• Like 2

@SS01

Yeah we will need the Extensions from DP1

Two Guides are found at Mac Rumours - Don't know if i'm allow to link to them.

Things that will be implemented in the upcoming guide.
* Fix for X3100, GMA 950 and X1600 graphics card!
* Sleep and power management fix
* Support for 10.8.2
* Enable older version of OpenGL. (Glitchy, but works!)
* No more OpenCL issues!
* Video Tutorial!

The patch do :
- replacing Extensions folder with the dp1 Extensions folder
- replacing mach_kernel with the dp1 mach_kernel
- replacing OpenGL.framework with my modified OpenGL.framework
- adding GMA 950, ATI Radeon X1600 kexts on ML.

@theconnactic, that is what they did back in the days :( must have changed it. My bad.

It's still not letting me into the desktop with that kernel. I'm using a GTX 550 ti, Phenom II X6 CPU... Should this work for me? What am I doing wrong?

I will upload my Extra folder, then edit the folder contents to suit your needs. Nvidia GTX works with Phenom II x6 1100T! but not 100 percent!. The graphics are very good!

I'm going to upload my extra folder in to my [AMD] Working builds!

You need to adjust according to their individual Chipset driver (vendor ID and device ID ) of your hardware!! use the system info tool!

hello spakk :)

look :

CI/QE = OK

opencl = no

opengl = yes :thumbsup_anim:

Hi Gils!

many thanks for your quick message :king: , where is the download link?, I want to test it :moil: :moil:

Edit:

I have found it on:

https://meklort.com/...com/~sinet3k/�� :wink2:

where can I find the DP1 for mountain lion???????

Edited by spakk

Hello,is there any tutorial on how to make an USB installer for ML 10.8.3 (i have a phenom 965)

Many thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNtf2tOmauY

:king:

http://www.insanelym...20#entry1904491

il s'agit de mon Phenom x4 960t unlocker en x6 ;)

it is my Phenom x4 960T unlocker in x6

gils, I have also used your boat flags, no chance, it does not boot. I go back to the roots, I stay with andys amd kernel

:wink2:

Edited by spakk

It's the second time in less than 24 hrs that i have to move someone's posts to the help topic, where they belong. I'll take this as a failure to understand the message, despite his/her posts being moved to other places is quite a clear signal they're inappropriate for the topic s/he's trying to post on.

We achieved a lot in a little period of time because we have a space where the technical discussions and tests could flow without distractions. I know you're anxious to try the latest and greatest OSX: keep in mind the help topic isn't here and isn't named this way for no reason, and we're a community: help others to understand and enjoy OSX is one of the things that make the community stronger. On the other hand, putting our own conveniences above the well being of the others, specially the ones who are working hard and for free as developers and guinea pigs of the very things we want to enjoy, that's definitely not a contribution. Hope you understand.

I'm counting on you all to keep this forum the high level it has since the beginning. This post will be kept here until i'm sure the destination read it (yeah, i could PM him but it suits more than one individual).

All the best!

• Like 4

It's the second time in less than 24 hrs that i have to move someone's posts to the help topic, where they belong. I'll take this as a failure to understand the message, despite his/her posts being moved to other places is quite a clear signal they're inappropriate for the topic s/he's trying to post on.

We achieved a lot in a little period of time because we have a space where the technical discussions and tests could flow without distractions. I know you're anxious to try the latest and greatest OSX: keep in mind the help topic isn't here and isn't named this way for no reason, and we're a community: help others to understand and enjoy OSX is one of the things that make the community stronger. On the other hand, putting our own conveniences above the well being of the others, specially the ones who are working hard and for free as developers and guinea pigs of the very things we want to enjoy, that's definitely not a contribution. Hope you understand.

I'm counting on you all to keep this forum the high level it has since the beginning. This post will be kept here until i'm sure the destination read it (yeah, i could PM him but it suits more than one individual).

All the best!

now we have created a lot of posts on insaneleymac and on youtube, so that almost anyone can understand how to install a base system. Also, I will be writing every day, that's always the same questions that have the user. please find out to begin with [AMD] Working Builds! here are some how-to and various downloads, which can be tested in advance.

Please use googlesearch or search on youtube. Images and video streams to help with the install process to understand better. :king:

• Like 1

Update -----

In short, nothing new.

A few observations on the situation wrt. nVidia:

As we know, Lion 10.7.4 x86_64 works. There's tons of graphical glitches however, and we see the same "Channel error" as in later versions. The difference being that these errors are not fatal under 10.7.4, so the OS still runs. The OpenGL framework has changed in the upgrade to 10.7.5, so maybe that has to do with it, as under 10.7.5 the WindowServer dies at the first graphical glitch. I'm trying to rollback the OpenGL framework, we'll see how that goes.

I'm almost positive now that the kernel component is not to blame, rather a framework is.

• Like 3