Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

:)

and why cuda drivers ?

I first installed everything that I wanted to test, after the driver does not work, than delete it , Gils :worried_anim:

I left ML 10.8.3 i386 :( I returned to ML DP1 i386 works really well on FX / Nvidia, I'd understand why the Phenom does not work well on DP1?

Hey my friend Gils, I see you're now 44 Very Good points !!! you catch me up. :king: :wink2: :angel_not::thumbsup_anim::trumpet:

I left ML 10.8.3 i386 :( I returned to ML DP1 i386 works really well on FX / Nvidia, I'd understand why the Phenom does not work well on DP1?

I do not want to customize even more, so I have not tested the i386 kernel with DP1! I think that the kernel of sinetek and Andy for x86_64 are compatible. and we have to deal with only the problem with the video card and sound. :angel_not:

44 points?? what? :worried_anim:

see here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/user/1093405-gils83/ :wink2: :weight_lift:

Gils, did you've seen my Geekbench test? http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/1818794

is for the first time not bad? Geekbench Score 10905 :thumbsup_anim:

ok! for 44 points, what does that mean? it is true, being geek Mac OS X, I am very interested in trying the various and complicated but I rather limited knowledge development. :(

Now, I'm a little work on the audio of my motherboard but I use an external sound card is secondary for me.

it's good test geebench !!! le phenom a de beau reste pour un 45 nm :D

so far I have also used an external sound module, now I will try the AppleHDA or VoodooHDA I hope it works

ok! for 44 points, what does that mean? it is true, being geek Mac OS X, I am very interested in trying the various and complicated but I rather limited knowledge development. :(

Now, I'm a little work on the audio of my motherboard but I use an external sound card is secondary for me.

it's good test geebench !!! le phenom a de beau reste pour un 45 nm :D

so far I have also used an external sound module, now I will try the AppleHDA or VoodooHDA I hope it works

should the the AppleHDA works with my ALC889 sound card then it certainly has influence on the graphics card

at the moment I install to test the Adobe CS6 Master Collection, I will report back later

big_{censored}, the installation on Mac OS X Extended (Case-senstive, journaled) is not supported by adobe! :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

anyone an idea,,,,????

Edit:

such a big_{censored}, it's true!

look here http://forums.adobe.com/message/4765061

now I must to format the HDD and reinstall everything again, luckily previously i made ​​a clone :king:

Edited by spakk

I'm going to format my HDD in the future only in Mac OS Extended (Journaled), then I will have no problems! recommended by apple too, but why offer the Mac OS Extended (Case Sensitive Journaled) to?? :|

I'm not sure if this is the proper place to post this or not but here goes...

I'm new to the Hackintosh scene but not new to computers. My PC build is:

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Ed.

Asus M4A78 Plus Motherboard

6 Gig RAM

Radeon 4890 1 GB Video Card

I've been able to successfully get 10.8.3 to run on my PC via VMWare. Is it possible for me to turn my computer into a Hackintosh and dual boot Win 7 & OS X Mountain Lion (or even Lion)? I'm slightly overwhelmed by all of the Hackintosh information and it seems to be rather hard to find "good" information about hackintosh on a AMD PC. So, any information/tutorials you can give me would be appreciated.

yes it is possiblesee here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285110-amd-working-builds/ # entry1875237 here you can find some current systems. which may also include how-to link

Dual-boot or multiple operating systems, no problem, it is possible

has anyone taken the test? I mean, in my description of the installation mountain lion made​​. if so? what results do you have? does your graphics card work with QE / CI?

Hi all,

ML 10.8 DP1 is a serious alternative to Nvidia and AMD, as you can see from the video, it's still quite usable for those who want replaced Lion 10.7

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=qoGL4RszFIE

:D

Gils, for FX is this a good alternative solution but I do not think for Phenom

Unfortunately I could not make any tests because my external IDE-HDD makes a little haywire. They make problems for me as I clone Mountain Lion on my USB-IDE-HDD, again a defective HDD for AMD Hackentosh community, so is pretty bad!

hello Bitcore,

FX CPU with an ATI graphics card, it helps!

:D

Spakk :)

je pense que Sinetek est en mesure de corriger les bugs pour Phenom et Atlon :)

peut-être patcher le kernel sinedp1 ??

I think Sinetek is able to fix bugs and Phenom Atlon :)

perhaps patching the kernel sinedp1??

Gils, I think you have probably right, but I will have very sure that my method of my proof I can only confirm after I cloned my Mountain Lion ready success.

spakk , penses tu que je peux m'en servir pour la GT 610 ?

spakk, do you think I can use for the GT 610?

je n'utilises pas chimera mais Clover 1050 , il me suffit , je ne rajoutes aucun kext ni aucun patch

I do not use chimera but Clover 1050, I just, I added no kext or any patch

sudo -s

fill password

then type:

defaults read /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver GLCompositor

2. If you have QE/CI enabled, there will be like this:

{ tileHeight = 256; tileWidth = 256; }

but if don't maybe QE/CI not yet enabled

3. Do this to enabling QE/CI

defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver GLCompositor -dict tileHeight -int 256 tileWidth -int 256

4. Restart machine and do some tests to check QE/CI

enjoy it ....

Gils , that should be possible works for all graphics cards, or I think that should enable QE / CI for all graphics cards.

have you installed this drivers?

VGA:

->Nvidia 10,8.2 drivers

->OpenCL RAM 2 GB+patch

Edited by spakk

here is a picture of my best friend and i with our new AMD Hackintoshs :king:

fun aside, CCC is running very slow :worried_anim:

hackintos.tiff

Edited by spakk

The launchpad is it fluid? it is curious that you're not translucent bar higher?

je vais faire dodo , bonne nuit -_-

Hi Gils, I will send in twenty minutes a picture of the same on my desktop where you can see the dock is also transparent., I have still another problem that very concerns me at the moment.

Edit:

my problem is that I can not make a video

and if I want to will clone my Executable Mountain Lion on my external USB-IDE HDD, the HDDs after an hour freeze!!!!. I was the assumption that my HDDs are defective, but that is not the case. I can format it normal under MacDrive or Transmac (Windows 7). is pretty bad game! :wallbash:

Edit:

Disk Warrior is run at the Moment

big_{censored} it hangs in step6, it sucks

Edited by spakk

Hi Gils, I will send in twenty minutes a picture of the same on my desktop where you can see the dock is also transparent., I have still another problem that very concerns me at the moment.

Edit:

my problem is that I can not make a video

and if I want to will clone my Executable Mountain Lion on my external USB-IDE HDD, the HDDs after an hour freeze!!!!. I was the assumption that my HDDs are defective, but that is not the case. I can format it normal under MacDrive or Transmac (Windows 7). is pretty bad game! :wallbash:

Edit:

Disk Warrior is run at the Moment

big_{censored} it hangs in step6, it sucks

Disk Utility or manually from the Terminal with ditto works best for cloning.

Made a clone of my system for a friend that way (with ditto and afterwards install booter)

But the switching from normal to transparent dock is not the problem, which can be activated by entering or disable in the terminal

thanks to fvl from tonyxxx

For all those that think that glass should be transparent and not matte, I have the following Dock mod. It looks a bit more like the Leopard/Lion Dock. It does not however reflect, rather you look through it. To activate it, type the following two commands in a terminal:

Code:

defaults write com.apple.dock hide-mirror -bool yes
killall Dock

I have not seen this mod mentioned anywhere else. I found it by looking in the Dock binary. There are a lot more strings with meaningful names like "mirror-reflection-opacity", but I have not found any other string that seems to do anything. Have fun! Oh yeah, if you want to deactivate:

Code:

defaults write com.apple.dock hide-mirror -bool no
killall Dock

................transparent Dock

Transparent Dock.tiff

The next problem is that when I make a clone of my Mountain Lion HDD (Mac OS X Extended (Case-senstive, journaled), ccc or SuperDruper produced the clone in Mac OS X Extended (Case-senstive, journaled), no matter what settings I make.

I am now forced to sacrifice my Windows SATA HDD to format it to HFS + (Journaled) and then to start from runnable Mountain Lion and install an new from Mountain Lion.dmg on to SATA HDD

Problem with DiskWarrior

Report.txt

Admin, can you pack the error message (to open by clicking), I can not get else, thx

perhaps someone can locate the cause

Edited by theconnactic
Please don't do it again, spakk: next time, use the upload tool and upload it as a txt file. Thank you!
  • Like 1

@spakk:

Use the following command to clone the contents of your drive to another partition:

sudo ditto /Volumes/<Name_of_Mac_partition> /Volumes/<Target>

Then you can clone it to different partition type.

Afterwards install Clover or Chameleon and it is bootable ;)

Try it :D it worked for me to clone my os x install for a friend (rather than doing a clean install) ;)

• Like 1

@spakk:

Use the following command to clone the contents of your drive to another partition:

sudo ditto /Volumes/ /Volumes/

Then you can clone it to different partition type.

Afterwards install Clover or Chameleon and it is bootable ;)

Try it :D it worked for me to clone my os x install for a friend (rather than doing a clean install) ;)

thx Andy for these Information :king:

@ Andy

after I give the code, it get a kernel panic. it is a big {censored}.

Edited by spakk

Andy, I recently sent you a message.

is it possible to create a tool for example, to lean on SystemInfo or other tools. Seeks the built-in hardware and at the same time is detected the Vendor-ID and Device-ID and modify automatically in the respective kexts (Info.plist) . Please reply

Sorry for my bad english :king:

which will be very helpful to the layman (for hackintosh greenhorn :thumbsup_anim: ) in the installation of OSX (mountain lion). I think even one step further for example during a routine update!

It is also possible to clone a disk with dd, that's what I do with Windows and Linux (from a LiveCD). Be careful however.. I use usually Carbon Copy Cloner for OS X

It is also possible to clone a disk with dd, that's what I do with Windows and Linux (from a LiveCD). Be careful however.. I use usually Carbon Copy Cloner for OS X

I have tried to clone with using SuperDuper and CCC, no chance

Unfortunately, the method of andy via terminal brought anything.

to the conclusion I have reinstalled via hackintosh intel

but thanks for your answer