Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

@Jsl

open a new page or use the side for various help .. loading up there your system files. So we can get help to solve your problem. I'm sure not the appropriate page is here to discuss your concerns in detail. The can help you is Andy van dijk (ANV) he has modified the last AppleNForceATA for Mountain Lion.

• Like 1

what experience have you done with OS X Yosemite 10.10 DP1 on AMD?, Ira+ has now installed OS X Yosemite 10 on his hackintosh, now my question on an Intel- or AMD-hackintosh  request for more information. :)

Edit:

here the link:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298402-os-x-yosemite-dps-builds/page-5

Edited by spakk

what experience have you done with OS X Yosemite 10.10 DP1 on AMD?, Ira+ has now installed OS X Yosemite 10 on his hackintosh, now my question on an Intel- or AMD-hackintosh  request for more information. :)

Edit:

here the link:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298402-os-x-yosemite-dps-builds/page-5

Let's see if I'm downloading for kernels must be available

thanks carlo_67, I have the OS X Yosemite 10.10 DP1, I'm just preparing the installation on. I will contact you later and report back

first boot test:

@Jsl

open a new page or use the side for various help .

The theme has been more than six months (here)

One result is in the old socket 939 CPU to support no instructions cmpxchg16b (here) (don't run Windows 8.1 x64 too)

Which option uses this instruction kernel or kext nForceATA or the OS itself I do not know.

P.S. Sorry for the English. translated by Google.

• Like 1

One result is in the old socket 939 CPU to support no instructions cmpxchg16b (here)

Which option uses this instruction kernel or kext nForceATA or the OS itself I do not know.

My A8N32-SLI Deluxe with AMD Athlon 64 x2 4200+ CPU always hanged or reboot after either OPEMU: lock cmpxchg16b [rdi]

or invalid user 64-bit opcode: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (or invalid user opcode 64: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx).

I guess I have the same booting problem as yours no matter what amd kernel I have tried in vain.

Hi, coders!

can we expect to solve the lack of processor command "cmpxchg16b" and getting KP - lock cmpxchg16b (rdi) ?

or our fate - OS X 10.8.5 ?

Which kernel is working for you at 10.8.5 ? Is it Bronya_mach-kernel 10.8 (12.5.0) ?

Up to now my Hackintosh of A8N32-SLI Deluxe with Athlon 64 x2 4200+ CPU only working at 10.6.8 and 10.7.3

Hope it can be updated to 10.8.x or 10.9.x

One result is in the old socket 939 CPU to support no instructions cmpxchg16b (here) (don't run Windows 8.1 x64 too)

yes you're right, sorry

Which kernel is working for you at 10.8.5 ? Is it Bronya_mach-kernel 10.8 (12.5.0) ?

Here are two of the kernels. original link is not found. the authors correct me

rс5 have ssse3, no sse42 
Darwin localhost 12.5.0 Darwin Kernel Version 12.5.0: суббота,  9 ноября 2013 г. 07:52:39 (MSK); root:xnu-2050.48.11_10.8.5_Sinetek_Anv_Bronzovka_rc5/BUILD/obj//RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

sin have sse42, no ssse3
Darwin localhost 12.5.0 Darwin Kernel Version 12.5.0: Thu 12 Dec 2013 05:23:24 EST; st:xnu/BUILD/obj//RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

only for 10.8.5! Earlier versions of the OS kernel need previous versions. 

kernels.rar

• Like 2

Hey guys, came here just to clarify that i was testing Yosemite in to an Intel Hack of mine. My main purpose in InsanelyMac is AMD testing so that's why i do not have the Intel hack on my sig. Sorry if i have caused confusion regarding it. Anyhow let's test! While ago Sinetek posted a kernel that was hybrid between ML and Mavericks with some tweeks and rollbacks. I think we need to investigate it better so we may be able to actually test some Bronya build in Yosemite maibe? I don't know...

• Like 5

I just wanted to post an issue that I was having theoretically for a long time with an AMD Kernel. My CPU Speed is 3500MHZ, and my Bus speed is 200 mhz, therefore my busratio mathematically is 17.5. I was never setting it for a quite long time and was starting to see problems with Audio in Clover, a timing issue that caused crackles, pops and cricks in sound sometimes when I was booting. I finally came to the conclusion that my busratio was never being set properly in the beginning, I tried 18 to see if that would fix audio, but same thing. Then went down to 17 to see if it would work, and viola! Sound is fine and it works. I am pretty sure not setting the Busratio myself was either switching between 17 and 18 when I was booting since mathematically it's right in the middle at 17.5. I don't know why exactly this was occurring for a long time (I used to manually set it to 20 unknowingly that it was reason of the issue [it also occurred with a USB Sound Device] when I first joined this community and was having the same issue).

A lesson for all us AMD Users : KNOW YOUR BUSRATIO!

Here are two of the kernels. original link is not found. the authors correct me

rс5 have ssse3, no sse42 
Darwin localhost 12.5.0 Darwin Kernel Version 12.5.0: суббота,  9 ноября 2013 г. 07:52:39 (MSK); root:xnu-2050.48.11_10.8.5_Sinetek_Anv_Bronzovka_rc5/BUILD/obj//RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

sin have sse42, no ssse3
Darwin localhost 12.5.0 Darwin Kernel Version 12.5.0: Thu 12 Dec 2013 05:23:24 EST; st:xnu/BUILD/obj//RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

only for 10.8.5! Earlier versions of the OS kernel need previous versions. 

Thanks.

Which one is more stable for 10.8.5 ?

Any boot flags in addition to -blacklist busratio=xx cpus=n ?

Because I found rc5 got the same error as in 10.9.x at A8N32 (Opemu invalid user 64-bit opcode: F0 48 F C7 F 75 EF 5B) and sin got KP ----invalid opcode panic 64\n"@/Users/St/dev/xnu/osfmk/kern/opemu.c:64

However both rc5 and sin work for my another 2 Hackintoshs (Asus M3A with Phenom x4 9850 BE & Asus M4A78 Plus with Athlon 64 x2 6000+) for 10.8.5 as easily as for 10.9.1 and 10.9.3.

The only imperfectness are without fast boot (it always boots via UseKernelCache=N or -f by itself !) and green & red glitch at Flash Player again as in 10.9.x.

For my application rc5 is better than sin because sin always disable HDMI Audio of ATI 5770 card suddenly without any warning.

Hey guys, came here just to clarify that i was testing Yosemite in to an Intel Hack of mine. My main purpose in InsanelyMac is AMD testing so that's why i do not have the Intel hack on my sig. Sorry if i have caused confusion regarding it. Anyhow let's test! While ago Sinetek posted a kernel that was hybrid between ML and Mavericks with some tweeks and rollbacks. I think we need to investigate it better so we may be able to actually test some Bronya build in Yosemite maibe? I don't know...

Hi +ira,

many thanks for the clarification. Meanwhile, I have created a USB stick and tried to start with various AMD kernel.

I made the design of the USB stick in accordance to your instructions for Intel. unfortunately without a positive result. The system restarts, we need a new patched AMD-Test-kernel for Yosemite OS X 10.10.

Edit:

hello people,

I've done a few experiments to boot OS X Yosemite 10.10 DP1 from my USB-Stick with diverse amd_kernels, see attached video.

Test1.

http://www.vidup.de/v/5GtD9/

Test2.

http://www.vidup.de/v/7RpVO/

Test3

http://www.vidup.de/v/eRSwX/

Edit2:

The fact is: without a patched amd kernel do not work. this was just an experiment with system drivers from Mavericks and OS X Yosemite 10.10 DP1

• Like 7

eventually someone has to make a good idea for another test. 

• Like 1

Hi karamelo69

We have covered this before, it's the programs own checking that doesn't refer to the kernel's features. On Feb 15 you uploaded a non-SSSE3 version of the framework here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/291140-application-support-amd/page-2?do=findComment&comment=1994056 is it still not working?

On bronya rc6 the ssse3 emulation isn't working properly (Phenom X6 1090T), i still get errors from APP which use qt5 with ssse3:

Incompatible processor. This Qt build requires the following features:
    ssse3
Aborted. Incompatible processor: missing feature 0x10 - ssse3.
Abort trap: 6
Kernel:

Darwin Kernel Version 13.1.0: понедельник, 26 мая 2014 г. 23:30:28 (MSK); Bronya:xnu-2422.90.20_amd/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

machdep.cpu.features: FPU VME DE PSE TSC MSR PAE MCE CX8 APIC SEP MTRR PGE MCA CMOV PAT PSE36 CLFSH MMX FXSR SSE SSE2 HTT SSE3 MON SSSE3 CX16 POPCNT

• Like 1

using 10.9.2 kernel on 10.9.2 or 10.9.3 do we need to replace also system.kext etc .. 

as i have white screen  with mouse and can't reach log in screen 

i am using latest bronya  kernel this kernel let me to log only to 10.9.0

yesterday i installed 10.9.3 combo update and didn't replace any kexts. works very well with bronya's kernel rc6 fix. before this update i used 10.9.2  with same kernel with native system, applematch,  corecrypto kexts. So i don't need any kext replacements from older versions for my hack. Thanks bronya!

• Like 1

using 10.9.2 kernel on 10.9.2 or 10.9.3 do we need to replace also system.kext etc ..

as i have white screen with mouse and can't reach log in screen

i am using latest bronya kernel this kernel let me to log only to 10.9.0

No Mohamed, with recent kernels (rc5/rc6/rc6 fix) that have been created on the basis of 10.9.2, ie xnu-2422.90.20 are no rollbacks needed. The kernels works on all Mavericks builds

• Like 2

Hi guys! I want to boot Yosemite on my PC, so I really want to help for this to move forward. Tell me how I can help you out.

Specs:

MSI 760GM-P23

AMD Sempron 145 (Unlocked second core => AMD Athlon II x2 4450e; clocked at 3.1 Ghz)

6 GB RAM 1333 MHz (after the clock is 1480 MHz)

Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 6450 1GB DDR3

Right now I'm running 10.9.3 Niresh Distro with the "amd" kernel included.

I have tried some random stuff but with no success. Tell me how to contact with you and I will ASAP.

• Like 2

everyone is very welcome ... many leading off to rome .. the most important that we find a way to the destination.

Every idea, every suggestion is welcome.

Download 10.10 install it on a USB stick or hdd and run the tests and report your results.

Good hack

• Like 3

everyone is very welcome ... many leading off to rome .. the most important that we find a way to the destination.

Every idea, every suggestion is welcome.

Download 10.10 install it on a USB stick or hdd and run the tests and report your results.

Good hack

Just tell me how to report them and you got them.

Sorry, maybe I do not understand You correctly.

We need a suitable AMD Kernel for Yosemite. I think that we do not get to run Yosemite without a patched kernel.

I have tested Yosemite with the the last amd kernel, unfortunately without success. Maybe you're lucky?

You can report your build results and experience here. This site is particularly suitable for the development of amd kernel for various OS X versions.

We report here our contributions since mac os x Lion, which is also the reason why we were able to close in time to appear the versions develop an executable amd kernel.

Every contribution is in any form of us further useful.

Hi ! For 10.10 maybe kernel used other instruction support's in CPU , example no ssse3 , but other . ))) I think . )

2) i now did kernel : auto tsc multiplier and cpufrequency from bios  . Need test on all amd cpus...

• Like 4

I'm here Bronya .... once you've conjured up a test kernel I'll test it on my hackentosh and report. Thanks in advance for your work.