Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

Can somebody give sandbox.kext from 10.9.2

no need , found

.. Sorry Savva, I'm now on the way to work ... otherwise it would be no problem.

Otherwise you can find at my post # 127 http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/294712-amd-pre-release-testing/page-7

The sandbox.kext from 10.9.0 or start the update to 10.9.3. Build 13d65

Wow!

Fix kernel for "corecrypto" on old's cpu. Working to desktop . :)

One odd -it is i get buggy small icon's .

It is kernel only with emulation ssse3 !

Download here .

attachicon.gifmach_10_9_2__fx_bronya_rc5.zip

attachicon.gifСнимок экрана 2014-05-21 в 4.23.55.png

P.S. with kernel BSA_r10 i get grey screen , no desktop ...

Thanks... the new kernel works on my old p-ii-x4 amd :thumbsup_anim:

Screen_Shot_2014_05_21_at_1_17_00_PM.png

but the known issue still exists --> capturing a window will result in purple

Screen_Shot_2014_05_21_at_12_36_08_PM.pn

Wow!

Fix kernel for "corecrypto" on old's cpu. Working to desktop . :)

One odd -it is i get buggy small icon's .

It is kernel only with emulation ssse3 !

Download here .

attachicon.gifmach_10_9_2__fx_bronya_rc5.zip

attachicon.gifСнимок экрана 2014-05-21 в 4.23.55.png

P.S. with kernel BSA_r10 i get grey screen , no desktop ...

Thanks for the kernel... Works great with 10.9.3 on my Phenom II x4 - 955 BE. Just one thing i noticed is that Google Chrome shows SSL Error. I am able to bypass this using the --ignore-certificate-errors flag from terminal. Also there are some graphical errors. Hope you can fix them.. Anyways thanks for the awesome kernel  :)  :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1

Install Mavericks and use the current kernel from bronya without to change the system drivers then.

You have another problem, the kernel works perfectly. Use a custom DSDT.aml or ssdt.aml and clover boot loader then it will run without problems and perfect.

Install Mavericks and use the current kernel from bronya without to change the system drivers then.

You have another problem, the kernel works perfectly. Use a custom DSDT.aml or ssdt.aml and clover boot loader then it will run without problems and perfect.

What about the SSL error??

• Like 1

what version do you say about install without changing kext? 10.9.3?

here the great result with the new kernel by Bronya

j35b7jvdgda.jpg

bvaq3xknoadi.jpg

phddz6h1h33y.jpg

byacm4hr7m1.jpg

what version do you say about install without changing kext? 10.9.3?

see my Test in post #5686 and 5687 ,

is meant that you, for example: create with MyHack (with clover bootloader) an Mavericks 10.9.2 Install USB Stick then use the new kernel and put it to root, start your System from USB Stick and install Mavericks on a free partition - no problem with OPEMU Error loop, system should be installed without problems.

Edit:

it does not matter what OSX 10.9.x build you install, you do not need to install the Rollback (System.kext and Sandbox.kext etc), this is not required. that was absolutely necessary to prevent the OPEMU UD2 loop with the previous kernel.

maybe look here whether a help for the problem with SSL Error:

https://www.google.de/search?q=SSL-Fehler+motilla+direfox&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:de:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb&gfe_rd=cr&ei=87p8U8iBEMKF8QectIBo#channel=sb&q=ssl+error+chrome+fix+OS+X&rls=org.mozilla:de:official

• Like 1

The SSL error is present in some Bronya builds since Mountain Lion. Thanks for the flag tip, I'll try that in ML and if it works it would be the perfect AMD hack for me, graphics in 10.8 are simply perfect, no glitches, better performance and no artifacts on my rig.

Bronya can you please take some time to check it when possible? From my perspective it seem that the problem is that third-party apps cannot use Keychain properly in some way. By the way, thanks for all work you're doing. Congrats for the new kernel.

• Like 4

The SSL error is present in some Bronya builds since Mountain Lion. Thanks for the flag tip, I'll try that in ML and if it works it would be the perfect AMD hack for me, graphics in 10.8 are simply perfect, no glitches, better performance and no artifacts on my rig.

Bronya can you please take some time to check it when possible? From my perspective it seem that the problem is that third-party apps cannot use Keychain properly in some way. By the way, thanks for all work you're doing. Congrats for the new kernel.

I did not know, had never had a problem with it. it may also be that I get all my e-mails either using with my Windows PC or on my Galaxy Note 3 and have never noticed.

thanks for the hint +ira, I will test it and report.

Edit:

I have just tested it, no problems, no SSL-Error message, ira +

Edit:

I think you should re-install or install a new on a free partition, possibly any data have gone wrong during the previous installations. perhaps this can be a possible cause.

• Like 1

I did not know, had never had a problem with it. it may also be that I get all my e-mails either using with my Windows PC or on my Galaxy Note 3 and have never noticed.

thanks for the hint +ira, I will test it and report.

Edit:

I have just tested it, no problems, no SSL-Error message, ira +

Edit:

I think you should re-install or install a new on a free partition, possibly any data have gone wrong during the previous installations. perhaps this can be a possible cause.

I've tested it multiple times in different ML installs months ago and SSL never worked with Chrome. I first thought it was related to a clock/date bug some users was reporting at that time but can't see exactly why it would work with Safari for exemple and not Chrome. I'll check your specs later (im using tapatalk :/) and see if it can give a hint.

I've tested it multiple times in different ML installs months ago and SSL never worked with Chrome. I first thought it was related to a clock/date bug some users was reporting at that time but can't see exactly why it would work with Safari for exemple and not Chrome. I'll check your specs later (im using tapatalk :/) and see if it can give a hint.

Unfortunately I can not comment the problem with SSL-Error, i wrote above a link who is on SSL-Error-Fix for Chrome for Mac OSX.

Testet rc5 on my amd phenon ii x4 840, asus m4a88td-m evo usb with ati 5450. Boot ok,graphics ok, shutdown and reset ok. Problem with sleep wake, reboot after many try to wake. Sorry for my bad english :)

Testet rc5 on my amd phenon ii x4 840, asus m4a88td-m evo usb with ati 5450. Boot ok,graphics ok, shutdown and reset ok. Problem with sleep wake, reboot after many try to wake. Sorry for my bad english :)

these problems you can eliminate easily with a custom DSDT.aml with various patches which are provided in the "DSDT Editor". For example,  if DSDT patch should be new to you, .there are many videos on youtube,that will help

But that works well although there is a page here for dsdt, but uploade your ioreg file and your raw dsdt.dsl here .
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/297774-amd-dmg-development/Then I look after what I can do for you. here ist the correct link http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286219-dsdt-files-of-working-systems/

Edited by spakk

bronya rc 5 boot fine for me. but also purple screenshots and artifacts at cursor:

AMD Phenom II X4 945 / Asus M4A88T-M

also shutdown/reboot is stuck at:

kauth external resolver timed out (1 timeout(s) of 60 seconds)

post-500265-0-66936300-1400693997_thumb.png

bronya rc 5 boot fine for me. but also purple screenshots and artifacts at cursor:

AMD Phenom II X4 945 / Asus M4A88T-M

also shutdown/reboot is stuck at:

kauth external resolver timed out (1 timeout(s) of 60 seconds)

sieht ein wenig sch.....e die Grafik  -  the graphic does not look nice,

Please make a full signature so that all can see your hardware specifications. thank you

First time to have a problem with my hackintosh. Decided to go ahead and update to 10.9.3 but after putting in the RC5 kernel my system just stops at this point it seems.
If I use RC4 my computer just restarts and if I use R10 my computer does the whole OPEMU: UD2 thing.

Enynv6j.jpg

First time to have a problem with my hackintosh. Decided to go ahead and update to 10.9.3 but after putting in the RC5 kernel my system just stops at this point it seems.

If I use RC4 my computer just restarts and if I use R10 my computer does the whole OPEMU

boot with this flag: -x - f nopci=0x2000 usekernelcache=no

If you should come to the desktop, then repair the permissions and refresh the cache , may seek the cause.

Hands Off! does not seem to be working with your new kernel bronya. I get a popup at startup saying to reinstall it and contact support.

That's on 10.9.2.  

The new kernel seems to be working for me in 10.9.3 but I get a corrupted grey screen when it gets to the desktop.

It might be something with my gfx card I dont know, I had to rebuild the kext cache with kext wizzard to even get to that stage though, otherwise i would get just a flash and a restart.

Oh and I also get the SSL error in chrome. but this new kernel fixed my out of sync MIDI issue in Logic X and Garageband.... I'm torn.

and I do believe this kernel also fixed my fast system clock.

Ok another bug similar to what other said.

Screen capping seems to be totally screewed up. It's not purple as other people's but it's all fuzzy and broken.post-1147257-0-15264500-1400728372_thumb.jpg

EDIT: ok this got fixed by setting the screenshot to be PNG as default by OSX not Jpeg. (still, this shouldnt happen.)

EDIT 2: Another cuasualty. this application is very important to me and nothing in my system has changed but the rc5 kernel.

Process:         Microsoft OneNote [4952]
Path:            /Applications/Microsoft OneNote.app/Contents/MacOS/Microsoft OneNote
Identifier:      com.microsoft.onenote.mac
Version:         15.1 (15.1)
Build Info:      Unknown-140415~0
App Item ID:     784801555
App External ID: 561102636
Code Type:       X86 (Native)
Parent Process:  launchd [235]
Responsible:     Microsoft OneNote [4952]
User ID:         501

Date/Time:       2014-05-22 01:29:08.467 -0500
OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.9.2 (13C1021)
Report Version:  11
Anonymous UUID: 

Crashed Thread:  9

Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x000000007f200000

VM Regions Near 0x7f200000:
    MALLOC_TINY            000000007f000000-000000007f200000 [ 2048K] rw-/rwx SM=PRV  
-->
    __TEXT                 000000008fe44000-000000008fe77000 [  204K] r-x/rwx SM=COW  /usr/lib/dyld

Recap of damages:

1. Microsoft Word wont sign on to 360 account. (says they got server problems rendering Word unusable)
  2. Microsoft Onenote crashes on launch
  3. Hands Off! crashes on startup.
  4. SSL on chrome is broken
  5. Various (small) graphical glitches throughout the system
  6. Screen Sharing (VNC) is glitchy and pixelated like the above screenshot in adaptive quality. unless you set it to full quality (which is slower)

Pros (for me)

1. System clock is now fixed, (doesn't go 25% faster)
  2. The above in term seems to fix MIDI sync error messages in Garageband/Logic X

This is all for both 10.9.3 and 10.9.2 with bronya's rc5 kernel.

Thanks alot for the hard work Bronya, we appreciate it a lot :)

Last Kernel rc5 is only for older amd cpus and phenoms