Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

Then try the installation as I have already described with clover with the amd-files with current fakesmc.kext with plugins for amd by slice, with ssdt.aml by rampage dev or a dsdt.aml.

Unfortunately hardware can behave differently, these findings, we have all made​​.

Then try the installation as I have already described with clover with the amd-files with current fakesmc.kext with plugins for amd by slice, with ssdt.aml by rampage dev or a dsdt.aml.

Unfortunately hardware can behave differently, these findings, we have all made​​.

thanks for reply,  but a know all that you wrote here.. a have installed 10.9.2 with kernel from cabba. worked very well, but after update to 10.9.3 it wont boot (of course i changed system kexts). so now i try clean install

I do not have to read tests with fx CPUs with rc5 here. If the already successful run with fx CPUs. Then I beg your pardon,

hmm... I thought Spakk said RC5 only works with older cpus and not the FX??? or am I getting it wrong? One thing for sure, it won't work on my FX8320...

I always test every kernel here, so it doesn't matter for what cpus this kernel is made ;) RC5_kernel works good on my AMD FX with 10.9.3 onboard ;)

• Like 1

Hello Bronya, hello Andy,

some testers here present report bad rendered JPG, PNG or blue coloration similar or even very abstract representations. So quietly having problems with either google chrome or safari, the other can not use photoshop and have other significant problems with the SSL certificate. with my hardware I do not have to experience this for happiness.

• what in your opinion can be according to the cause?
  • this can be a cause of the problem at the cause installation of mavericks?
  • or main problem with the graphics card? not supported Sufficiently enough of the osx drivers?
  • or a kernel problem? but what then the question puts me why I have no problems with it.

fortunately, there are not many who have made this bad experience.

many thanks for your comment and response in advance. :)

Hello Bronya, hello Andy,

some testers here present report bad rendered JPG, PNG or blue coloration similar or even very abstract representations. So quietly having problems with either google chrome or safari, the other can not use photoshop and have other significant problems with the SSL certificate. with my hardware I do not have to experience this for happiness.

• what in your opinion can be according to the cause?
  • this can be a cause of the problem at the cause installation of mavericks?
  • or main problem with the graphics card? not supported Sufficiently enough of the osx drivers?
  • or a kernel problem? but what then the question puts me why I have no problems with it.
fortunately, there are not many who have made this bad experience.

many thanks for your comment and response in advance. :)

Sorry, I'm not trying to hijack your post

but, have you also tried to capture an open window instead of a selected area ?

Here are the shorcut keys:

• capturing a selected area  =>  press Command (⌘ )- Shift  - 4
  • capturing a window => press Command (⌘) - Shift - 4AND press the Space bar

capturing a selected area = no issue (normal screenshot)

Screen_Shot_2014_05_22_at_7_45_33_PM.png

capturing a window = purple issue

Screen_Shot_2014_05_22_at_7_45_44_PM.png

Guys sorry for for this bit off-topic post but i've managed to boot my rig with IGPU and GFX Card in SLI Mode and have QE/CI but system is slow as f**k and i still can't take advantage of it. I've tried it before with standard os x drivers with no success so yesterday i did a the most possible vanilla install i could to see if it would solve the problem with SSL on Chrome, it didn't, but i started to test other things like this and managed to get it working. Follow the screenshots i'll post instructions with detailed information if i could get it to work the way it should. Resumed process: OS X 10.9.3 Install > boot with standard flags > Download nVidia latest web drivers and Cuda > Reboot > Set SLI on in BIOS > Set amount of shared memory in BIOS > Set IGPU first in BIOS > Save > Boot with standard flags plus nvda_drv=1 > Wait for a long time to enter desktop, mine takes some time since its not working 100%. Thats it, will give updates ASAP.

post-1144585-0-02276800-1400772308_thumb.png

post-1144585-0-15569300-1400772344_thumb.png

• Like 3

Hi .

You get problem SSL ? How it is ? What site ? I don't get problem ssl . =))

It is kernel supports all cpu processors  and FX ! 

For problem color capture - it is question .

The coloring on screencapping and all that is related to all these graphical glitches across the system.

this happens in skype for example .post-1147257-0-23707400-1400786650_thumb.png

(the one on the left is my work skype that is launched as a root user, it doesnt appear to show glitches on the avatars as the one of the right)

And this happens when you edit and save a file though Preview.app post-1147257-0-38581700-1400786680_thumb.png

This is new behaviour with this kernel and is reminicent of back when we used to get pink Launchpad icons.

And the SSL problem in crome happens in any website that requires https connection. I cant even visit google... Ive switched to firefox in the meantime. infact ive had to switch to different apps for different things that have been broken.

• Like 1

Hi .

You get problem SSL ? How it is ? What site ? I don't get problem ssl . =))

It is kernel supports all cpu processors  and FX ! 

For problem color capture - it is question .

Hi Bronya, the symptoms are very simple to understand.

• Any HTTPS (SSL) request made by Chrome will be blocked be Chrome itself;
  • Any HTTP request will work perfect;
  • If you do a HTTPS request from Safari or other browsers it will work perfect;

Attached some screenshots and a copy of the *.cer file. Hope it helps;

My current specs:

Below the copy and paste of the error page:

Cannot connect to the real www.google.com

Something is currently interfering with your secure connection to www.google.com.

Try to reload this page in a few minutes or after switching to a new network. If you have recently connected to a new Wi-Fi network, finish logging in before reloading.

If you were to visit www.google.com right now, you might share private information with an attacker. To protect your privacy, Chrome will not load the page until it can establish a secure connection to the real www.google.com.

LessReload
What does this mean?

www.google.com normally uses encryption (SSL) to protect your information. When Chrome tried to connect to www.google.com this time, www.google.com returned unusual and incorrect credentials. Either an attacker is trying to pretend to be www.google.com, or a Wi-Fi sign-in screen has interrupted the connection. Your information is still secure because Chrome stopped the connection before any data was exchanged.

Network errors and attacks are usually temporary, so this page will probably work later. You can also try switching to another network.

Technical details

www.google.com has asked Chrome to block any certificates with errors, but the certificate that Chrome received during this connection attempt has an error.

Error type: HSTS failure

Subject: www.google.com

Issuer: Google Internet Authority G2

Public key hashes: sha1/wKjDeNCi67l4tW/JLV2YIwgOvpI= sha256/3tpGE+I4hSbnumLvRLGE3L589XPKIncUv1mYvjFTqd8=

post-1144585-0-08555500-1400790554_thumb.png

post-1144585-0-11777600-1400790569_thumb.png

www.google.com.cer.zip

• Like 1

Can it be a time/date issue, perhaps related to incorrect tsc detection? One question: do you notice if your clock is counting faster or slower than it should (if it's a very slight imprecision it can be hard to test though)?

• Like 1

Can it be a time/date issue, perhaps related to incorrect tsc detection? One question: do you notice if your clock is counting faster or slower than it should (if it's a very slight imprecision it can be hard to test though)?

Actually, as I stated in my previous posts my clock always ran fast with previous kernels, and chrome worked, its something i lived with but with this new kernel it works perfectly and that fixed logic X and that's enough to keep me using this kernel despite the broken apps.

I do hope however that we can fix these glitches.

• Like 2

Good to know, SheWolf. The graphics issue seems to suggest something serious going on. Is the graphics bug interfering with something other than thumbnails? If not, seems to be quite manageable for now. Of course it's better to have a fully working system, and I know the developers are working on it.

Besidea this, there are other issues, affecting mostly Chrome: isn't it a matter of simply switching browsers for the moment? Or is Chrome that good? It feels a bit slower than latest safari to me...

• Like 1

Good to know, SheWolf. The graphics issue seems to suggest something serious going on. Is the graphics bug interfering with something other than thumbnails? If not, seems to be quite manageable for now. Of course it's better to have a fully working system, and I know the developers are working on it.

Besidea this, there are other issues, affecting mostly Chrome: isn't it a matter of simply switching browsers for the moment? Or is Chrome that good? It feels a bit slower than latest safari to me...

All other graphics seem ok, like 3D games and applications work perfectly. Photoshop works. this is only glitches that also sometimes appear in the cursor and some windows in drop downs and buttons, like also the call button on the contact list of Skype is glitched up. it is manageable but somewhat annoying.

And I did switch to Firefox, but chrome just feels faster and more responsive but I don't mind switching. Safari is faster than both but I haven't managed to fix iCloud on this computer therefore I don't use it because i want my bookmarks synched.

These bugs are manageable but take note that they did break Office, at least the 365 account login. (I'll just use iWork I guess) (maybe this is related to the SSL error)

And also Microsoft Onenote crashes on launch, this is a disappointment but I can live with it (I have another app that does the same thing)

And like i said the Screen sharing is also affected, at least for me, I use it all throughout the day and this is a nuisance but again still something I can live with.

And Hands Off! doesn't work either, this is a firewall that uses a kernel extension. I haven't tried Little snitch to see if it works.

I just wanted to report these bugs for the sake of letting the debs know.

For me it's a bit hard than its usually will for a standard user. I use A LOT the development tools and they're a bit choppy in Safari also the interface is different so there's a learning curve i need to pass through but i think I'll survive it...

For me it's a bit hard than its usually will for a standard user. I use A LOT the development tools and they're a bit choppy in Safari also the interface is different so there's a learning curve i need to pass through but i think I'll survive it...

have you tried deleting all the certificates in the keychain? (the ones given to chrome) I tried but I'm not quite sure how keychain works, how to find the ones specifically given to chrome.

have you tried deleting all the certificates in the keychain? (the ones given to chrome) I tried but I'm not quite sure how keychain works, how to find the ones specifically given to chrome.

I don't know, i'm a bit afraid of messing with keychain. I think i'll just stick to my 10.9.2 install till this was solved and use the 10.9.3 to do some tests...

irregularities in the time/clock are usually from wrong fsb. wrong tsc usually doesn't run that long before crashing/panic

@TheShewolf, you might want to double check you have the correct clock speed from your cpu

• Like 1

irregularities in the time/clock are usually from wrong fsb. wrong tsc usually doesn't run that long before crashing/panic

@TheShewolf, you might want to double check you have the correct clock speed from your cpu

I don't have that problem, and my computer was always stable even when i did. I usually leave it running weeks at a time.

I've double checked everything yesterday. I couldn't believe the clock was fixed, it was a nice surprise.

• Like 1

why can't I still not getting to desktop without booting in safemode ??? @_@ any hint that could get me into desktop would be highly appreciated...without -x bootflag I got spinning wheel on gray screen for ever and ever...