OS X Yosemite DP's builds!

2,033 posts in this topic

Thank you for all of your work, +ira.  I'll be attempting this tonight.

For current Mavericks users - any suggestions for a good way to back up my current setup?  Or should I just attempt this on a spare hard drive?

yeah,mac os extended journaled,as always for any OS X installer...but im not able even to finish the command,he jumps on the same moment to continue the boot process...

The system may output some messages during the first seconds but it's ok just wait a while and hit return couple of times to have a clean start point but I'm sure you can type even with the output messages over it...

Yeah but the system can't create the kext cache.. it stops after AMD kext then i get this error :/

You may need to create that folder try to "cd" in to that path to see if it really exists...

You may need to create that folder try to "cd" in to that path to see if it really exists...

Already checked, and nothing

i'll try using touch /S/L/E, will report back

Ermac has modefied a new Chameleon the new version of Chameleon with support 10.10
test it with this one perhaps the problem is resolved:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/231075-chameleon-22svn-official-pkg-installer-binaries/page-108?do=findComment&comment=2024106

• Like 1

After kextcache command several lines of kexts are processed but in all I got the message that kext has invalid signature, ommiting Trust cache is disabled. And no file is created.

I get this, any ideas? Previously my machine booted Mavericks without anything but clover.

3DXj3nF.jpg

Are you stuck in this screen? If you're scare of using this method checkout @spakk post you may be able to try chameleon then...

Thank you for all of your work, +ira.  I'll be attempting this tonight.

For current Mavericks users - any suggestions for a good way to back up my current setup?  Or should I just attempt this on a spare hard drive?

time Machine,or carbon copy cloner...

Are you stuck in this screen? If you're scare of using this method checkout @spakk post you may be able to try chameleon then...

That's what I get when I run 'kextcache -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions' 

I can't use Chameleon as I use a UEFI based system (for Windows 8.1)

That's what I get when I run 'kextcache -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions' 

Same happens here. I thought it was because the command line is too long and the system types itself over it

Guys so here's the bullet proof simpliest guide i can write if you're using clover and already has it working with Mavericks.

I'm assuming you already know how to do a Base System based USB/HDD/Partition whatever installer:

1. Proceed with building the Installer as usual, but forget about mach_kernel, instead copy the BaseSystem.dmg and Basesystem.chunklist that are hidden in the OS X Install ESD dmg you already mounted to the root of your installer partition;

2. Create a folder called kexts in the root of the installer directory and put any needed kexts from your clover EFI partition or whatever they are;

3. Select those kexts and put them also in /System/Library/Extensions of the Installer;

4. Reboot to the installer in Single User Mode and run:

/sbin/fsck -fy
/sbin/mount -uw /
nvram boot-args="kext-dev-mode=1"
kextcache -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions
exit

5. At this point the system may continue to load and you'll reach the installer, if it reboots just boot in to it again.

6. Install the system as usual, but do not reboot yet.

7. Close the installer and open Disk Utility select the partition where you installed Yosemite and notate the disk identifier ex: diskXsX

8. Close Disk Utility and open Terminal then run the following:

mkdir /Volumes/TEMP
mount -t hfs /dev/diskXsX /Volumes/TEMP/
cp -R /kexts/* /Volumes/TEMP/System/Library/Extensions/

9. Close Terminal and reboot to the partition you've installed Yosemite in Single User Mode;

10. Run the following commands again:

/sbin/fsck -fy
/sbin/mount -uw /
nvram boot-args="kext-dev-mode=1"
kextcache -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions
exit

11. At this point the system may continue to load and you'll reach the system, if it reboots just boot in to it again.

Enjoy!

If someone found a simpler way please post, this is the way i get it working. Don't forget to thanks the guys behind Clovernetkas, @theconnactic@snatch and the InsanelyMac Family. I've just glued the pieces together.

Thanks, I've followed your instructions and it's working perfectly!

Except for sound, I haven't been able to get that working yet.

+1 you can use Chamelon, disable secure boot and allow UEFI + Legacy MBR booting.

+2 You are trying to load a kext which is not digitally signed. Use the enable dev boot flag.

+3 @everyone try manually removing cache under /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/ then reboot, this should force rebuild on next reboot

+4 @everyone, anyone having trouble installing or booting try booting with minimal kexts like FakeSMC then add one by one till you run into a problem, also try varios boot flags whether it be 1 cpu, less ram, no graphics, no apic etc etc

Please I need help

try booting with cpu=1, are yuou trying to re-use old DSDT.aml by any chances? try removing your DSDT.aml if you have one???, also remove all 3rd party kexts like the Voodoo ones there I'm assuming you running a laptop.

• Like 1

I see no errors in the photo you've take, is the screen frozen? Try hiting return a couple of times to see if the system is frozen or the command is waiting for input...

Just a note, the kexts on the clover EFI partition needs to be on a new folder called 10.10 or on OTHER folder?

'Invalid signature, trust cache is disabled' Is not an error? Seems to be it's failing to allow the kexts to load.

Try removing the kexts that have trouble loading, kexts only load if it matches the hardware id's. remove the troubled one temporarily.

For sound, for the time being, you could try rolling back the AppleHDA to your patched 10.9 AppleHDA.kext, I don't know if it will work or not, but it's worth a try.

Alternatively you could attempt to patch the new AppleHDA from 10.10

Rolling back to my patched 10.9 AppleHDA fixed it, thanks :)