Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

After a lot of effort installed mavericks my AMD A6 processor ,Using Bronya's Lates kernel !!   :D , I am getting awesome resolution , but my graphic memory being displayed is only 4mb and causes screen to flicker at various places.

I have APU HD Raedon 8400 Card . This is what I got from system info app.

How should I fix the graphics?

Will updating to 10.9.4 fix the problem , I am currently on 10.9.0

I do not want annoying act but such questions do not belong here, we have a help topic !!

i updated with combo pudate, amd fx 6300 from 10.9.0 to 10.95 (13F31) and can't reach desktop,used kernel 10.9.4 rc3 bronya,what must rollback from kext before??

thanks in advice

rollback kexts AppleACPIPlatform IOPCIFamily IOHIDFamily Sandbox and System and everything starts ;-)

post-567807-0-62712700-1411124481_thumb.png

• Like 2

Mavericks 10.9.5 working great like it was on 10.9.4.

Kernel used - RC3 :)

I just needed to replace System.kext, Sandbox.kext, AppleACPIPlatform.kext, IOHIDFamily.kext, IOPCIFamily.kext.

Additionaly this update installed on my S/L/E previous kexts like AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, AppleTyMCEDriver.kext and AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext - so I deleted it again and system boots :)

• Like 1

Mavericks 10.9.5 working great like it was on 10.9.4.

Kernel used - RC3 :)

I just needed to replace System.kext, Sandbox.kext, AppleACPIPlatform.kext, IOHIDFamily.kext, IOPCIFamily.kext.

Additionaly this update installed on my S/L/E previous kexts like AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, AppleTyMCEDriver.kext and AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext - so I deleted it again and system boots :)

Could you please share the files you replaced after updating to 10.9.5? I messed up my installation, looking for a way to recover it. Thanks in advance!

Could you please share the files you replaced after updating to 10.9.5? I messed up my installation, looking for a way to recover it. Thanks in advance!

Gismo showed you directly link to these kexts and they should work.

But incase that somebody's want to kext directly from my 10.9.4 Mavericks - this is a link

http://www35.zippyshare.com/v/93209937/file.html

Make sure that you repair permissions after installing these kexts. And there is a folder with my deleted kexts, so do not delete your kexts if you get your system booting - this is just incase you couldn't boot.

Good Luck :)

• Like 3

Try to upgrade to 10.9.5 from working 10.9.4.

Have done backup kernel and extentions.

Install 10.9.5 update.

Reboot with -s              - unsuccessful. ok, it should be so

Reboot with -s and backup kernel - unsuccessful. ok, go ahead

Restore kext according list ( I just needed to replace System.kext, Sandbox.kext, AppleACPIPlatform.kext, IOHIDFamily.kext, IOPCIFamily.kext. )

and reboot with -s -f and backup kernel.   I get single user prompt, but could no do nothing, no keyboard ( i use ASUS F3K notebook )

Any suggestion, please.

It's not a simple matter of replacing the kexts in /S/L/E; you also need to repair file permissions as they will be wrong. As such, you need to either use tools that do it for you (eg: kext wizard) or do it manually through Terminal commands:

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions

sudo chown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions

You may then rebuild you cache manually (sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel) or reboot ignoring cache (i.e. -f flag if using Chameleon).

Have done same, but no result. Looks kext, responsible for keyboard, was changed as well.

HI .

I did new kernel.

Now  function timeRDTSC() for xnu works on 64 bit system  ! 

Now 100%  accurate Frequency from cpu_processor !

Super sound works without crackling !

It is i tested on my FX .

Hi Bronya,

Great news! Will it work on Athlon 64 X2? Where I can download and test your new kernel?

@lpukraine

Bronya wrote that the kernel working on FX CPUs ... it follows the logic ....that the new amd kernel by bronya to work only for the new CPUs with have SSSE3 capable.

:D

@lpukraine

Bronya wrote that the kernel working on FX CPUs ... it follows the logic ....that the new amd kernel by bronya to work only for the new CPUs with have SSSE3 capable.

:D

hello spakk ,

works good with kernel 12.5 beta Bronya on Sempron LE 1250 with cool n' quiet enable ;)

• Like 4

:)

j'ai réalisé une vidéo pour vous montrer la stabilité étonnante de l'audio grace au fameux kernel test 12.5 de Bronya , le cpu test est un Sempron LE-1250 65 nm AM2 sur une carte mère MSI K9Nneov3 à chipset NVdia MCP 65 , donc inutile de vous dire la complexité pour ce CPU de lire un fichier MP4 HD 1080p et enregistré à l'aide de ScreenFlow !! j'ai tenté la même expérience avec le Pentium D 915 , il n'arrive même pas à ouvrir ScreenFlow !!   :hysterical:

tout ça pour vous dire que la vidéo n'est pas de très bonne qualité mais vous remarquerez que l'audio est d'une stabilité remarquable grace au noyau test de Bronya , donc tout espoir est permit pour ces très vieux et obsolète CPU SSE2/SSE3 . j'ai effectué le test réel pendant 1 heure mais j'ai réduit la vidéo volontairement à moins de 15 mn :)

j'ai affiché plusieurs bench Passmarck CPU pour vous rendre compte de la puissance très faible du Sempron mais qui permet tout de même de réaliser quelques minimes travaux . 

Et grand merci à Bronya pour tout ses travaux de développement de noyau qui sont en permanence amélioration .  :thumbsup_anim:

:)

I made a video to show you the amazing stability of the audio thanks to the famous kernel 12.5 Bronya test, the cpu test is a Sempron LE-1250 on a 65nm AM2 motherboard MSI NVDIA K9Nneov3 to MCP 65 chipset, so needless to say the complexity for this CPU to read a file MP4 HD 1080p and recorded using ScreenFlow !! I tried the same experiment with the Pentium D 915, it can not even open ScreenFlow !!     :hysterical:
all that to say that the video is not very good but you will notice that the audio is remarkably stable thanks to test Bronya core, so all hope is allowed for these very old and obsolete CPU SSE2/SSE3. I made the real test for 1 hour but I reduced the video voluntarily within 15 minutes   :)
I posted several bench Passmarck CPU for you to account for the very low-power Sempron but still allows to perform some minor work. 

And thank you to all the work for Bronya kernel development that are continuously improving.   :thumbsup_anim:

post-1093405-0-66633700-1412125303_thumb.png

post-1093405-0-52390400-1412125331_thumb.png

post-1093405-0-62674100-1412125370_thumb.png

• Like 5

Just confirm here OS X 10.9.5 final build with Bronya kernel 10.9.4 rc3 on my old cpu AthlonII X4 635 with no pink launchpad or glitches, but I'm not sure about the step :(

- upgraded to Clover 2937 compiled by AnV

- install Small utility to prevent freeze on nVidia Fermi, by dan542

post-1113740-0-24477800-1412393307_thumb.jpg