[Guide] The all-in-one guide to Vanilla OS X (including Chameleon + DSDT) for beginners (updated for Yosemite!)

889 posts in this topic

Hello

@Mamun Bangladesh

You have a good machine, why you want use Leopard if you can use ML?

Make your usb bootavel to install ML, this same topic teach how: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/280756-guide-the-all-in-one-guide-to-vanilla-os-x-including-chameleon-dsdt-for-beginners/
Is a complete guide, you can use this installation that you already have to make this usb bootable.

Take a good read to undestand.

iDeneb is distro, if you want make a hack with distro you're wasting your time. Retail will provide to you a hack almost 99%

• Like 1

hello

are u booting

-v GraphicsEnabler=No

i think u nvidia must boot GraphicsEnabler=No

good hack

Yes, i read on the web my GTX is supported so i did GraphicsEnabler.. I tried (almost) every combination of flags, but i didn't work.. But when i used "-x" alone it booted up.. So, at the moment i'm stuck on Safe Mode

Strangely, also, when i first booted, on the setup, it asked me what device to use for internet or not using one at all.. If i choose LAN the initial setup restart.. So i had to use "No Internet" and in fact, when i use Safari it says it doesn't work and Safari told me i have no devices to access to internet.. I believe I need a kext/driver for internet also, do I?

hello

what i say u must insert that flag in boot

GraphicsEnabler=No

and probably set u resolution

GraphicsMode=1920x1080x32

and u need a lan kext

post what ethernet card u have..

u  should read and google now to resolve u issues.. don't expect all works OOB.. that works in a mac

good hack

hello

what i say u must insert that flag in boot

GraphicsEnabler=No

and probably set u resolution

GraphicsMode=1920x1080x32

and u need a lan kext

post what ethernet card u have..

u  should read and google now to resolve u issues.. don't expect all works OOB.. that works in a mac

good hack

Yeah I already added that flag, but it didn't work.. Also, do i have to use the safe mode for ever? How can i use my hackintosh without safe mode?

Hello

@Mamun Bangladesh

You have a good machine, why you want use Leopard if you can use ML?

Make your usb bootavel to install ML, this same topic teach how: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/280756-guide-the-all-in-one-guide-to-vanilla-os-x-including-chameleon-dsdt-for-beginners/

Is a complete guide, you can use this installation that you already have to make this usb bootable.

Take a good read to undestand.

iDeneb is distro, if you want make a hack with distro you're wasting your time. Retail will provide to you a hack almost 99%

I'm basically following this link and trying to install mavericks but my os is 10.5.7, in order to make smbios i need to use chameleon wizard but chameleon wizard does not support my os version. Also  stuck here, I could not locate SharedSupport>InstallESD.dmg in my mavericks dmg. appreciate your help.

2.1. Creating the OS X installer on the USB drive

1. Mount your OS X DMG. If using a copy downloaded from the app store: Navigate to Applications (which is where it will save your downloaded copy of OS X by default) -> right click "Install OS X *version*" and click "Show Package Contents" -> Contents -> SharedSupport -> Double click "InstallESD.dmg"

hello

try also

PCIRoot=1

when u have graphics working good u leave -x

good hack

Oh man, I love you :D

That "PCIRoot=1"... How could it be? Also, I've never read about that anywhere, there was always "PCIRootUID=0" or 1.. Oh gosh.. What does it do exactly?

hello

is the same thing.. it assigns the graphics in that slot..

it works ?

good hack

To be more precise, it doesn't let me run the first boot, but after the first boot it works.. strangely..

EDIT: In case anyone wonder, this is what I did:

1 - Booted with -x (safe mode) and set up Mac with a new user (I had no Ethernet, nor Audio, nor Graphic intended as full functional)

2 - Went to terminal and moved AppleHD* (graphics), AMD* and ATI* and NullCPUPowerManagement kexts to a Backup/ directory made on S/L/E

3 - Booted up with flags PCIRoot=1 GraphicsEnabler=No

Maybe the 2nd point was the key to solve this mistery, maybe it is needed to firstly boot and create a new user.. I don't know, it just works now..

Installation went smooth with this guide but i have two issues. 

First is my GPU. System Report shows the following..

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 3072 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x1004

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: preset 1.0.0

Displays:

FHD2400:

Resolution: 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Display Serial Number: 

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Rotation: Supported

PX2710MW:

Resolution: 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz

Main Display: Yes

I ran system Info utility and checked compatibility. Unhappy face, arrgghh. For my boot.plist i'm only using GraphicsEnabler=No and darkawake=0 So i still can't enable Cuda for this card.

2nd issue is i can't apply a theme using Chameleon Wizard, I download and apply a theme, it installs successfully, when i reboot it;s the darwin bootloader. Looking back in the theme's, current theme is empty and i can't access the drop down menu.

To be more precise, it doesn't let me run the first boot, but after the first boot it works.. strangely..

EDIT: In case anyone wonder, this is what I did:

1 - Booted with -x (safe mode) and set up Mac with a new user (I had no Ethernet, nor Audio, nor Graphic intended as full functional)

2 - Went to terminal and moved AppleHD* (graphics), AMD* and ATI* and NullCPUPowerManagement kexts to a Backup/ directory made on S/L/E

3 - Booted up with flags PCIRoot=1 GraphicsEnabler=No

Maybe the 2nd point was the key to solve this mistery, maybe it is needed to firstly boot and create a new user.. I don't know, it just works now..

hello

try to read this.. and understand what is expected to u donne

http://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1716

another thing u have hd 4000 disable in bios ?

is no logical u remove graphics kext for cards .. u don't have..

good hack

Installation went smooth with this guide but i have two issues. 

First is my GPU. System Report shows the following..

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 3072 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x1004

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: preset 1.0.0

Displays:

FHD2400:

Resolution: 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz

Display Serial Number: 

PX2710MW:

Resolution: 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz

Main Display: Yes

I ran system Info utility and checked compatibility. Unhappy face, arrgghh. For my boot.plist i'm only using GraphicsEnabler=No and darkawake=0 So i still can't enable Cuda for this card.

2nd issue is i can't apply a theme using Chameleon Wizard, I download and apply a theme, it installs successfully, when i reboot it;s the darwin bootloader. Looking back in the theme's, current theme is empty and i can't access the drop down menu.

hello

must enable in org.chameleon.boot.plist the theme u choose

to chameleon know what theme gonna load

good hack

I think it "is" logical to remove kexts I don't use.. I use the GTX 670, not the integrated, so I've removed those I don't use.. What's the point of keeping kexts I won't use?

Also i got 2 big problem:

1) How can i switch Download, Pictures, Video, etc (all user folder i mean) to a NTFS HDD, that I also use on Windows to store this things?

2) The DVD tray always open when i boot Mac OS, what's the problem? Also, when i click on close on the GUI it doesn't work, I have to close it manually..

Ok I'm on Mavericks, thanks so much. First of all nice guide.

Secondly (some moaning ignore)why on earth tell people to format their USB sticks with GUID? It doesn't make sense as MBR will work on all PC and GUID on some. Plus why keep FakeSmc and Null kexts in /System/Library/Extensions/ and not in Extra like always?

Anyway I have GA-P35-DS4 and had working vanilla ML with tseug guide. To all people who had working vanilla system with Lion/ML keep your old Extra folder and just copy to new Mavericks install straight after you boot first time from USB and installing  Chameleon to your boot partition. Delete that NullCPUPowerManagement.kext if you didn't use that before. Keep it simple, it's easy to get carried away with so many options in Chameleon Wizard. I kept my FakeSMC in Extra/Extensions and in /System/Library/Extensions/ as it's confusing a bit.

Regards everybody

• Like 1

@luki1979

I hear you,

On my desktop machine (GAP55aUD3/ATI5770), the installer will not boot from the USB if it is GUID instead of mbr.  Funnily enough, in the first picture in the guide part 2, under "Partition Map Scheme" it shows "Master Boot Record"!.

To be fair, in part 7.4 it does say

If your motherboard freezes during POST (you don’t even get past the BIOS screen) it’s possible your BIOS isn’t compatible with the GUID partition table of the USB we created the installer on. To fix this in step 2.0.5 select MBR instead of GUID.

Also agree with keeping things as simple as possible - if you have a working DSDT and /Extra from ML, they can be copied directly to the installer USB and there is no need for NullCPUPowerManagement.kext in the installer.

The kexts in S/L/E is just the new "proper" Apple way of doing things with kernelcache from Lion onwards.  For traditionalists of kexts in /Extra, you can set kernelcache to no & boot with -v -f.

• Like 1

Hello. So going through this post install has been a bit challenging. I have figured out through trial and error that I cannot boot with NVDAResman and NVDAResmanTesla kext installed. All the other graphics kexts work just fine and allow me to boot. My graphics card (which according to the internet should work out of the box) it is not functioning fully being recognized or w. qe/ci functionality or allowing me to change resolution.

I was wondering 1) do you have recommendations for what to do now as i can't get qe/ci enabled. 2) i read that resman kexts are important for graphics performance so how do i get them to work w.o kernel panics. 3) any other tips and advice for being able to get speedstep and sleep working would also be appreciated although right now graphcis are most important to me.

thanks!

hello

nice to hear .. that u finnaly install the system

now is the pos installation

make all working good

enjoy the excellent mac os x

good hack

Hey. So through trial and error i found out that It is purely the NVDAResman and NVDAResmantesla kext that prevent me from booting and installing. I don't need any bootflags as long as those kexts are not present. Another moderator is helping me with speedstep stuff and wants me to reinstall maverick. 

Before I reinstall, I was hoping you had an idea of how i could fix these kext as i believe that without them my graphics card is not working properly (no acceleration/resolution issues). If you have any idea, or if you could point me in the right direction on how to fix this so that I can get these kext working properly before my reinstall, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks!

Thanks, no DSDT for me but i will live.

hello

extract u clean dsdt.. to edit and patch for u

use aida 64

or dsdt editor in windows.. or dsdt editor in mac os x

good hack

• Like 1

Hello

First Tanks for the really good TuT.

I am trying to install Mavericks on an Dell Inspiron 1764 but i have got some problems:

1. If i boot normally the loading screen with the Apple Logo hangs

in Verbose boot (-v) do i get 2 Errors:

1. "BootChacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 No such file or directory"

There is really no file. But its only a short Stop

2. "**** [iOBluetoothHCIController][searchForTransportEventTime OutHandler] -- Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport ! "

But i have an Buetooth Controller 

2. => try boot in Safe mode (-x -v)

Error 1 showed again

Error 2 is away.

But now its crashing 14 mins before Finishing installation.

Please Help