[Guide] The all-in-one guide to Vanilla OS X (including Chameleon + DSDT) for beginners (updated for Yosemite!)

889 posts in this topic

Well, i learn something new every day. I didn't realize my cpu had integrated graphics. With that being said it looks like with my mobo (p8p67 pro) that it doesn't support integrated graphics so the internet says its off by default. Is there anything else I need to do to make sure its disabled?

thanks

When using Chameleon Wizard and the premade SMBioses, I do not see a set that matches my computer. How close do I need to be to get this to work? for instance the closest i get to my cpu is 26xxS. where mine is 2600K. The RAM and Graphics card also do not match my current build. 

hello

try to remove from the installer in system/library/extensions

fsck -fy
mount -uw /
mkdir /kext_backup
cd /System/Library/Extensions
mv AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelSNB* AppleIntelFramebuffer* GeForce* NVDA* /kext_backup
reboot

boot

-f -v GraphicsEnabler=No

good hack

Hi,

I am stucked @ the bootsreen for my first boot with the USB. It starts to load on the big white screen with apple logo and a wheel spinning constantly under it.

I am installing Mavericks. On at computer that is good enough for osx.

Best Regards

Stefan

Hi,

I am stucked @ the bootsreen for my first boot with the USB. It starts to load on the big white screen with apple logo and a wheel spinning constantly under it.

I am installing Mavericks. On at computer that is good enough for osx.

Best Regards

Stefan

hello

with this type of post .. u are not help u and the people u try to help

update in u profile > signature > ur hardware specifications something like i have in bottom of my answer

boot

-v

and post photo of u problems

good hack

Hello. I went to type in your code but it says my drive isn't capable to write(** dev/rdisk0s2 (NO WRITE). I think I need to navigate to the USB. My usb is called OS X Base System. What commands do I need to enter in order to use your code to modify my install USB disk. 

Also, is the chameleon wizard just to find something moderately close to my system and does it matter that none of the combinations matched my system.

Thanks

TransMac doesn't seem to want to let me move files. I actually have my friend's mac air to use terminal. Also, those files (ie AppleIntelHD) usually had some extra stuff added to the name at the end. Is that ok? 

If you could give me instructions on how to either use the mac or transmac I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

hello

have u boot in single user mode ?

-s

that is basic

and then in console .. do the commands ..

fsck -fy
mount -uw /
mkdir /kext_backup
cd /System/Library/Extensions
mv AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelSNB* AppleIntelFramebuffer* GeForce* NVDA* /kext_backup
reboot

good hack

Hello. So I got into single user mode. typed in your commands exactly as shown. I could see the folder kext_backup and that it had the files copied to it. 

i plugged this into my desktop and tried the install with the bootflags u gave me and I got the same error (actually it sayd the number of error shutdowns was 5 instead of 3) but otherwise looked very similar. 

of note when i went into the usb after running the command line stuff, I did not see a folder on the usb marked kext_backup with the files in it. As well, the install folder on the USB still had all those extensions. Was this what you intended? Any other suggestions?

I want to dual boot Windows 7 and Mac OS X (mavericks).. I've already installed Windows 7 on my SSD, so i splitted it in two pieces, and made a new partition for OS X.. I've followed all the istructions till Install OS X.. I can get to the Installation Wizard, then I've to make a new partition and there's come the problem.. When i click on my SSD there're no partitions at all, also it says there's no table (MBR, Guid, etc).. All i can do is just format everything.. I've followed the guide, i read all the steps, I've also replaced OSInstall and OSInstall.mpkg two times but no luck.. What am i doing wrong? D:

hello

in what ? u say the ssd don't show any table (mbr, guid)

so is not be reconized ....

start to install the mac os x .. the ssd in legacy boot with chameleon maybe in mbr.. to install mac os x in mbr must have a modified mac os x installer..

like this

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/145-mavericks-mbr-patch/

good hack

hello

in what ? u say the ssd don't show any table (mbr, guid)

so is not be reconized ....

start to install the mac os x .. the ssd in legacy boot with chameleon maybe in mbr.. to install mac os x in mbr must have a modified mac os x installer..

like this

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/145-mavericks-mbr-patch/

good hack

Yes, exactly.. The SSD table is probably MBR, becasue I've installed Windows 7 on it...

I've already replaced those files, Mac Os X ought to see it MBR and Windows 7 partitions on my SSD, which is not the case unfortunately..

I wish to install Mac Os X without deleting Windows 7, It would take me a lot of time to do re-install Windows 7 after, and restore all the programs and setting, so, if there's a quickier way, let's do it..

hello

u don't have another place to install ?

maybe u must install it in GPT.. u have uefi bios no ?

so must install windows in efi mode...

and for that must use clover to boot..

now the only way i see if the installer don't see the ssd.. must try with GPT

good hack

I have, UEFI BIOS, yes..

No, I don't have any other SSD, just the one with Windows 7 and an HDD with data, which i won't touch it..

Just a small observation: If I use a famous tool from a famous site, why does it recognize the partitions?

I fixed the problem with it.. Somehow i messed up with the partition table when installing Mac OS X (it didn't work after first boot, so i had to recover MBR) and the whole SSD was shown as a Unallocated space..

So, why every guide keep telling me to firstly install Mac OS X? Won't it survive on a MBR with Windows 7 already installed?

I wish i could do that mostly because i'd like to be able to remove the OS, since at the moment, I'd like to try it out..

So, will Mac OS X installation on a MBR SSD, with already installed Windows 7, break anything or can i install it without any problems?

Hi im using leopard 10.5.7 to make this usb, but cant run chameleon wizard cause it needs at least 10.6.8. Is there any other way to make smbios in leopard or can i download smbios for my pc, or can i extract smbios from leopard that Im using now?

my pc configuration is 

interl core 2 duo

gigabyte ga-945gcm-s2c 

3 gb ram 

running ideneb 1.3 10.5.7

awesome guide guys, thanks a lot.