[Guide] The all-in-one guide to Vanilla OS X (including Chameleon + DSDT) for beginners (updated for Yosemite!)

889 posts in this topic

What I mean is the pendrive installation. 

You will boot with it, and open Disk Utility, unmount the HD where OS X is installed, then with the commands mentioned, you will transfer the file that is on USB to HD thereafter with Disk Utility, mount the HD that is running OS X, and restart.

What I mean is the pendrive installation. 

You will boot with it, and open Disk Utility, unmount the HD where OS X is installed, then with the commands mentioned, you will transfer the file that is on USB to HD thereafter with Disk Utility, mount the HD that is running OS X, and restart.

After watching some vids on Youtube I think we have a little misunderstanding here.

When I said that I have problem booting and having the boot0: error it was coming when I tried to boot from the USB Installer.

I mean, right after I finished preparing the USB on my Macbook Air, I plugged it to my PC and I couldn't boot the installer.

It's not that I have installed Mavericks and then after using ##### or something had a boot issue. I couldn't even boot the first time.

What do you think about it?

BTW, the way they have prepared the installer USB was no different from what was described in this tutorial and no different from what I have done.

I also tried using the latest [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], same issue.

I have Asus z77-lx2 mobo.

Hello

We don't give support for tonymac' tools, see my signature to know why

Please re-install OSX

After that installa Chameleon:

Create Extra folder and put inside it org.chameleon.... and SMbios, create these files with Chameleon Wizard help

Install FakeSMC kext

Install NullCPUPM..........

What is your hardware my friend? put in signature

Hello

We don't give support for tonymac' tools, see my signature to know why

Please re-install OSX

After that installa Chameleon:

Create Extra folder and put inside it org.chameleon.... and SMbios, create these files with Chameleon Wizard help

Install FakeSMC kext

Install NullCPUPM..........

What is your hardware my friend? put in signature

I understand what you're saying.

To tell you the truth, I found out what was the problem, I hadn't loaded the default settings in my mobo.

Now, I get to the boot menu, but after choosing the Mavericks, There's a black screen, it mavericks installer isn't loading.

EDIT1:

trying the verbose, will let you know in a minute.

EDIT2: 

Still black screen, also in verbose mode.

It's like the monitor loses signal.

I understand what you're saying.

To tell you the truth, I found out what was the problem, I hadn't loaded the default settings in my mobo.

Now, I get to the boot menu, but after choosing the Mavericks, There's a black screen, it mavericks installer isn't loading.

EDIT1:

trying the verbose, will let you know in a minute.

EDIT2: 

Still black screen, also in verbose mode.

It's like the monitor loses signal.

upload a picture here. with verbose mode.

hi, I followed the guide to the letter, for Maverick
I used match_kernel package attached and placed in the root usb
I configured my SMBIOS 12.2, boot from usb, apple stays still, I also tried-v-x-f also GraphicsEnabler "with whom I can always make my system start to boot,"
you have advice for me? thank you for the guidance

hi, I followed the guide to the letter, for Maverick
I used match_kernel package attached and placed in the root usb
I configured my SMBIOS 12.2, boot from usb, apple stays still, I also tried-v-x-f also GraphicsEnabler "with whom I can always make my system start to boot,"
you have advice for me? thank you for the guidance

post-1367250-14050786243691_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tommino81

Hello

What's your hardware? I can't help if  don't know about it

Sorry, my hardware:

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.2Ghz
2x8Gb 
1x128Gb SSD, 1x1Tb Seagate
Geforce 9600GT

I managed to install Mavericks :)
My problems right now are the Ethernet adapter which is Realtek 8111F, I read that meizo's driver should solve this but I can't manage to download the .kext file.

The second problem is the sound, I couldn't find the right driver for Creative Soundblaster 2 Platinum.

If you know something about it i'll be glad if you help me. 

Thank you very much.

I managed to fix the sound.

It's the ethernet that has some issues.

I could not understand what does it mean to "recreate kernel cache" (after removing the existing realtek kext) ?

How do I do that?

About the graphics, why shall I use GraphicEnabler=No ?

I currently set it to Yes and I have no issues booting, it loads perfectly.

Is there another reason for disabling it?

Hello

To get Power management with this CPU, a guide: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/295587-power-management-for-sandyivy-bridgehaswell-cpus/

Script isn't working for now, so donwload hackintosh vietnam app and select Tools, then select SSDT, it'll appear in Extra folder...

Patch AICPUPM, the guide teach how...

Remove NULLCPUPM if you're using it

Don't patch kernel, isn't for you CPU model...

Choose SMbios iMac 13,1/13,2

I am also having the same issue as Tommino81. None of the bootflags I have tried have helped either and verbose mode hasn't helped me because I have no idea what applekeystore is!

It would be great if someone could point me in the right direction...

Thanks!

• Like 1

hello

to get the script

curl -o ssdtPRGen.sh https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/master/ssdtPRGen.sh
chmod +x ssdtPRGen.sh
./ssdtPRGen.sh

good hack

Hi, thanks :)

Well I downloaded Mavericks from the App Store on my MBP and used that...

I don't think I have patched my kernel (would that be mach_kernel?) as I was following the steps in this guide. How would I do that?

Thanks!

Search for Haswell patched kernel and replace your mach_kernel file afterwards.

Hi,

I searched for a Haswell patched kernel and found one here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/download/273-1094-mach-kernel-patched-for-intel-z87-haswell-motherboards/

I used the second download but I still get stuck on this screen at "AppleKeyStore starting...":

http://1drv.ms/1rkPCQx

For what it is worth the OS X installer is for 10.9.4. Could it be caused by the SMBIOS I chose (iMac 14,2)?

Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks for the help Hervé, I've removed NullCPUPowerManagement from S/L/E but that doesn't seem to have helped unfortunately...

Still hanging on AppleKeyStore.

Thanks!

Hi,

I'm not sure where to find one specifically for iMac14,2 but the one I tried just now from Kozlek on GitHub hasn't helped me. Where would I find a tuned one like you mention?

Thanks!

D'oh! So you did, my bad.

I'm getting passed AppleKeyStore now but getting: "FakeSMC: [Fatal] failed to initialize SMC device"

Do I need to do more than drag and drop the attached kext to S/L/E and boot with -f?

Thanks!