[Guide] The all-in-one guide to Vanilla OS X (including Chameleon + DSDT) for beginners (updated for Yosemite!)

889 posts in this topic

On my USB-Stick is now File with this name.

In this Moment i startet to try it with the Boot flags.

I'll get back when i know if it works or not.

Now my Pc isn't crashing anymore but the install hangs 5 Minutes before Finished

Please Help Again

Thank you

Edited by nick2011

Okey i created the usb stick once again.

I tryied to install with -f -v GraphicsEnabler=No

but now shortly before the installation finishes my laptop crashes.

If i try to copy the two kext Files i get an error "No such File" But they are on my stick on the location

OH MY GOD..... I got it (Mavericks 10.9) working on my Computer.

Thanks to  rockinron_1 for making such a wonderful and comprehensive guide. 

Everything worked for me without changing my hardware. My hardware is listed below. I followed this guide word to word and to my astonishment it worked so easily.

before this guide I already had spent 5 days learning  and finding things for how-to-dos. I tried My Hack 3.3.1 five times and everytime I got the massage " OS X can not be installed on this computer".

[url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] could not make USB installer form the dmg file I had because it was downloaded from torrent site and not from Apple. It took me 12 days to completely dual boot it with Windows 8.

My PC hardware :-

1. ASUS P8B75-M-LX (It is DSDT free)

2. Intel Core i3 3220

3. AMD Radeon HIS 6870 IceqX 1 GB 

I had not to even remove my GPU, but used -x flag during installation and followed the instructions (Point 7.6) in the guide for ATi users. I used HDMI cable which I was already using.

Used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] (DSDT free) in the last and now every component is working fine even USB 3.0.

One thing I want to mention is that first I tried with Chameleon bootloader as suggested in this guide but could not get 100% functional condition because I had to use installer USB to boot in OS X

every time I boot my PC because Chameleon boot loader was not installed on my hard drive and I was getting boot0 error, I don't know why? Then I used Chimera (at point 2.2 sub point 2 in guide) to prepare USB installer and after completing installation to install boot loader on OS X partition.

After this I used this guide to install Chimera boot loader on HD  http://www.macbreaker.com/2012/02/hackintosh-boot0-error.html

It was a thrilling experience and pleasing too. :)

Thanks to Hackintosh community and the people who answer noob questions. 

Hello everyone,

I have been triying for several days to get mavericks into a hp mini 110 netbook.

I have followed this DIY but Im still not able to do it, the main problems and questions I get are:

-I follow the instructions in RED not the blue ones correct?

-Downloaded all the essential software (from the link of chameleon I get 4 diferent zips, any one better than the other?)

-2.1 creating the usb boot device: part 2 in red in terminal, do I need to log into the usb key or just type that when terminal window opens? if so, how do I do it?

-2.1 then 7 in red, I had to do a google search for pacifist as the DIY doesnt explain what pacifist is or where to downloaded it from.

-2.2 patching the instaler, 2 run the chameleon, got 4 differents chameleons from the link provided in the DIY (guide) I ran them all and didnt see anything changed but something should have changed I guess?

-2.2 then 4, chameleon wizard, my PC netbook is a HP Mini 110, intel atom at 1.66hz and 2 gigs of ram, what is a safe smbioses to use for maverick to work?

-2.2 then 5, copy your essential software & kexts to the root usb... so what is that? where is that? copy what from where? I got TOTALLY lost in this step and just omited it.

Then we go into the install part of the usb booting in the PC netbook, I get to the boot screen, chose USB, then enter and it keeps on telling me not found. The exact text on the screen (sorry no way to take a picture of it in here) is this:

Darwin/x86 boot v5.0.132 - Chameleon v2.2svn r2334
Build date: 2014-01-12 11:54:07

1015MB memory

VESA v3.0 7MB (Intel® 82945GM Chipset Family Graphics Chip Accelerated VGA BIO

Use (up/down) keys to select the startup volume.

hd(0,1) OS X Base System

hd(1,1) Reservado para el sistema

hd(1,2) Windows NTFS

Press Enter to startup Darwin/x86 with no options, or you can:

Type -v and pres Enter to start up with diagnostic messages

Type ? and press Enter to learn about advanced startup options

boot:_

Can't find

Press a key to continue...

And thats about it, I press a key and it just go back to the select hd(0,1), hd(1,1), hd(1,2) etcetera thing...

Thats where I am now, dont know what to do? I also tried findind a ZIP file online with everything bundled just to boot and install and couldnt find it (if I get my usb to work I will gladly post it online for people to use it!)

Anyone who can shine some light in this? I WOULD REALLY APRECIATE IT!!

Cheers!

I was wondering if anyone could help me out. First time builder. I have followed the instructions and created a boot usb. I can get to the boot screen. I have used a variety of boot flags including -v, -x, GraphicsEnabler=No&Yes, ncpi=0x2000 and 0x3000. My problem comes while booting. When I boot with -v i can see the processes running however it never just stops. It only reboots back to the chameleon screen. If I do not use -v it will boot and I'll get a quick flash of the Apple logo before it reboots back to the chameleon screen.

My setup:

Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z87

Processor: Intel Core i7 4770k

GPU: ASUS GEFORCE GTX760 2GB

HDD: Kingston SSD 120GB

Again the screen flashes so fast I can not see exactly were its getting hung up I can only see system/library/extensions/........it seems to get almost all the way through those then restarts

Ive been searching for an answer for a couple days now so any help in the right direction would be greatly appreciated

Hello everyone,

I have been triying for several days to get mavericks into a hp mini 110 netbook.

I have followed this DIY but Im still not able to do it, the main problems and questions I get are:

-I follow the instructions in RED not the blue ones correct?

-Downloaded all the essential software (from the link of chameleon I get 4 diferent zips, any one better than the other?)

-2.1 creating the usb boot device: part 2 in red in terminal, do I need to log into the usb key or just type that when terminal window opens? if so, how do I do it?

-2.1 then 7 in red, I had to do a google search for pacifist as the DIY doesnt explain what pacifist is or where to downloaded it from.

-2.2 patching the instaler, 2 run the chameleon, got 4 differents chameleons from the link provided in the DIY (guide) I ran them all and didnt see anything changed but something should have changed I guess?

-2.2 then 4, chameleon wizard, my PC netbook is a HP Mini 110, intel atom at 1.66hz and 2 gigs of ram, what is a safe smbioses to use for maverick to work?

-2.2 then 5, copy your essential software & kexts to the root usb... so what is that? where is that? copy what from where? I got TOTALLY lost in this step and just omited it.

Hello friend, Let me try to help you. I would explain these steps so at least you can follow the guide exactly.

At the end of guide there are some zip attached, download this “Essential - Mavericks GM - 7.10.2013.zip”. Extract the contents of this zip, we will use them as per our requirement.

Your first doubt = 2.1 creating the usb boot device: part 2 in red in terminal.

Explaination = you need to mount Mount BaseSystem.dmg, for this you don’t need to use terminal necessarily.

First we should be able to see hidden files in our system for this open Terminal and type this and Enter -> defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE.  Now close the finder window and open it again so we can see hidden files. Next step…

Mount your OS X DMG , it mounts and a new window opens titled “Install OS X Mavericks” and in that windows right click on “Mavericks” icon and choose “show package contents”. A new windows will open in that window open “content” folder then open “SharedSupport” folder. In this folder double click

“InstallESD.dmg” file to mount it. when it mounts a new window opens titled “OS X Install ESD”  there we can see hidden file “BaseSystem.dmg”  right click on it and open with “Disk image mounter”  it will be mounted. A new window titled “OS X Base System” will open.

Next step is Go back to disk utility and click on “(Mac )OS X Base System”, click the “Restore” tab then drag and drop “(Mac )OS X Base System” to “source” and your USB to “destination” and click restore then erase.

Your next doubt = 2.1 then 7 in red, I had to do a google search for pacifist as the DIY doesnt explain what pacifist is or where to downloaded it from.

Explaination = You can download Pacifist from here http://download.cnet.com/Pacifist/3000-2094_4-10135915.html

Your next doubt = 2.2 patching the instaler, 2 run the chameleon, got 4 differents chameleons from the link provided in the DIY (guide) I ran them all and didnt see anything changed but something should have changed I guess?

Explaination = There are only two files with name Chameleon. At this step you should run Chameleon pkg.

Your next doubt = 2.2 then 4, chameleon wizard, my PC netbook is a HP Mini 110, intel atom at 1.66hz and 2 gigs of ram, what is a safe smbioses to use for maverick to work?

Explaination = First find specifications of your HP Mini 110 and note down them. When you choose a Smbios there underneath you can see some specifications think about them if they match specs of your HP Mini 110.

Actually I can't say much here what would be good for you so sorry for that. You can try with Mac mini Smbios.

Your next doubt = 2.2 then 5, copy your essential software & kexts to the root usb... so what is that? where is that? copy what from where? I got TOTALLY lost in this step and just omited it

Explaination = Just copy the whole folder you had extracted from the downloaded zip file(Essential - Mavericks GM - 7.10.2013.zip) to your USB(open your USB and paste there). Tools available in this folder would be required after installation.

I was wondering if anyone could help me out. First time builder. I have followed the instructions and created a boot usb. I can get to the boot screen. I have used a variety of boot flags including -v, -x, GraphicsEnabler=No&Yes, ncpi=0x2000 and 0x3000. My problem comes while booting. When I boot with -v i can see the processes running however it never just stops. It only reboots back to the chameleon screen. If I do not use -v it will boot and I'll get a quick flash of the Apple logo before it reboots back to the chameleon screen.

My setup:

Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z87

Processor: Intel Core i7 4770k

GPU: ASUS GEFORCE GTX760 2GB

HDD: Kingston SSD 120GB

Again the screen flashes so fast I can not see exactly were its getting hung up I can only see system/library/extensions/........it seems to get almost all the way through those then restarts

Ive been searching for an answer for a couple days now so any help in the right direction would be greatly appreciated

Did you remove your GPU before starting the installation? Are BIOS settings set favorable for installation? When you boot with -v flag it shows the ongoing process on screen so that in end when it stops you can see what error massages it give. Without -v flag the same process accure but in background of Apple logo.

Hello friend, Let me try to help you. I would explain these steps so at least you can follow the guide exactly.

At the end of guide there are some zip attached, download this “Essential - Mavericks GM - 7.10.2013.zip”. Extract the contents of this zip, we will use them as per our requirement.

Your first doubt = 2.1 creating the usb boot device: part 2 in red in terminal.

Explaination = you need to mount Mount BaseSystem.dmg, for this you don’t need to use terminal necessarily.

First we should be able to see hidden files in our system for this open Terminal and type this and Enter -> defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE.  Now close the finder window and open it again so we can see hidden files. Next step…

Mount your OS X DMG , it mounts and a new window opens titled “Install OS X Mavericks” and in that windows right click on “Mavericks” icon and choose “show package contents”. A new windows will open in that window open “content” folder then open “SharedSupport” folder. In this folder double click

“InstallESD.dmg” file to mount it. when it mounts a new window opens titled “OS X Install ESD”  there we can see hidden file “BaseSystem.dmg”  right click on it and open with “Disk image mounter”  it will be mounted. A new window titled “OS X Base System” will open.

Next step is Go back to disk utility and click on “(Mac )OS X Base System”, click the “Restore” tab then drag and drop “(Mac )OS X Base System” to “source” and your USB to “destination” and click restore then erase.

Your next doubt = 2.1 then 7 in red, I had to do a google search for pacifist as the DIY doesnt explain what pacifist is or where to downloaded it from.

Explaination = You can download Pacifist from here http://download.cnet.com/Pacifist/3000-2094_4-10135915.html

Your next doubt = 2.2 patching the instaler, 2 run the chameleon, got 4 differents chameleons from the link provided in the DIY (guide) I ran them all and didnt see anything changed but something should have changed I guess?

Explaination = There are only two files with name Chameleon. At this step you should run Chameleon pkg.

Your next doubt = 2.2 then 4, chameleon wizard, my PC netbook is a HP Mini 110, intel atom at 1.66hz and 2 gigs of ram, what is a safe smbioses to use for maverick to work?

Explaination = First find specifications of your HP Mini 110 and note down them. When you choose a Smbios there underneath you can see some specifications think about them if they match specs of your HP Mini 110.

Actually I can't say much here what would be good for you so sorry for that. You can try with Mac mini Smbios.

Your next doubt = 2.2 then 5, copy your essential software & kexts to the root usb... so what is that? where is that? copy what from where? I got TOTALLY lost in this step and just omited it

Explaination = Just copy the whole folder you had extracted from the downloaded zip file(Essential - Mavericks GM - 7.10.2013.zip) to your USB(open your USB and paste there). Tools available in this folder would be required after installation.

Thanks for your kind and fast reply!

Will try it everything again and will let you know how it goes, hopefully it will all be ok.

One more question, in the smbioses, should I go for one that resembles the most my netboob mini 110 specs or one that works for mavericks, as stated in the osx webpage of apple, u need at least something "new" and the specs arent that "new", what should I aim for? fake specs of my mini110 (smbios of something dual core even mine is solo) or real specs but "old" for maverick to run?...

Hope I stated that clearly?

Again, thanks in advance!

Well I tried everything and again this screen:

(FIRST BOOT SCREEN)

Darwin/x86 boot v5.0.132 - Chameleon v2.0-RC5 r747

Build date: 2011-02-16 01:13:43

1015MB memory

hd(0,2) OS X Base System

hd(1,2) Windows NTFS

(If I press enter this appears option1:)

1015MB memory

(AND THEN BACK TO THE FIRST BOOT SCREEN)

(If I press enter this appears option2:)

1015MB memory

Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist] 232 bytes.

(If I press -v and enter this appears option3:)

1015MB memory

Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist] 232 bytes.

Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist] 478 bytes.

Loading Darwin 10.9

Loading kernel mach_kernel

Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/mach_kernel] 4096 bytes.

(If I press -v and enter this appears option4:)

1015MB memory

Scanning device 80...

Any ideas on what I shall do?? thanks to all! :)

I have not removed the gpu. I'll try that. When running -v it seems to boot all the way through. I can see it get to like system/library/extensions/system... but then it just reboots. I can not tell exactly what the last process is. I was searching some other threads and found similar stories that it gets all the way through to boot the installer and reboot. one solution was to flash the bios. Not real familiar with that process but looking into it.

thanks for the help

Thanks for your kind and fast reply!

Will try it everything again and will let you know how it goes, hopefully it will all be ok.

One more question, in the smbioses, should I go for one that resembles the most my netboob mini 110 specs or one that works for mavericks, as stated in the osx webpage of apple, u need at least something "new" and the specs arent that "new", what should I aim for? fake specs of my mini110 (smbios of something dual core even mine is solo) or real specs but "old" for maverick to run?...

Hope I stated that clearly?

Again, thanks in advanc

You should choose specs which resemble most to your system. Most problems accure if you don't copy paste FakeSMC.kext or NullCPUPowermanagement.kext or didn't use proper flags.

Well I tried everything and again this screen:

(FIRST BOOT SCREEN)

1015MB memory

hd(0,2) OS X Base System

hd(1,2) Windows NTFS

At first boot screen select hd(0,2) OS X Base System and type a flag -x or -f or -F or GraphicEnabler=Yes/No or PCIRootUID=0 or darkwake=0/1 etc.... one by one and see if you can past that black screen. OR you can try Chimera boot loader instead of Chameleon at step 2.2 sub point 2. Compatibility is a big problem...... :wallbash:

Hey guys, I followed the instructions for mountain lion and I can't reach the installer ! Chameleon boots, the apple logo appears and... it hangs on.. Nothing else happens. I tried different commands such as -x -f graphicenabler, pcirootuid,.. but still nothing. I had the same issue with another tutorial.

I have a GA-Z87X-D3H, a gtx 770 and an intel 4670k..

When I type -v , it goes really fast and a black screen appears. I managed to see "APCI Table not found : DSDT.aml" "APCI not found : SSDT.aml" "FADT : ACPI Restart Fix applied ! " "FADT: ACPI Restart Fix applied!"

Then "Starting Darwin x86_64" "Boo Args .. (liste de chiffre et de lettres) And finally the black screen.

Anyone has an idea?

I Recently installed my mavericks following the guide above, everything went fine, but after the install, when i try to boot into the Mavericks HD, the system stucks:

My Gear:

I7 920 - 4gb Ram - GTX 680 - Asus P6TD Deluxe - Mavericks is installed in a guid partition, in a hd with a NTFS partition, but not the one windows is installed.

I did try:  -x -f USBBusFix=Yes GraphicsEnabler=No

Everytime the system says:

usbmsc identifier non-unique

Still waiting for root device

Here some pics:

P1010136.jpg

P1010134.jpg

Everything ok in bios, and i always boot with GraphicsEnabler=No

I Really don't know what's going on.

Are you trying to boot from the hard drive? Or from the USB key?

The "Waiting for root device" error would indicate that the installer cannot see the root partition.

If you're using the USB key to boot the system, try to move the USB key to a different USB port. Especially if you have USB 3.0, move it from a 3.0 port to a 2.0 port and see if that makes a difference. Also, have you done the post install steps of adding FakeSMC and NullCPUPowerManagement kexts? I believe that not having these kexts would result in a kernel panic as opposed to what you're seeing, but it's worth asking the question.

Using this guide, as soon as the build is complete, you still don't have a bootable OS yet, you have to continue with the procedure and follow the immediate steps that take you back to the Mavericks installer USB.