[Guide] The all-in-one guide to Vanilla OS X (including Chameleon + DSDT) for beginners (updated for Yosemite!)

889 posts in this topic

thank you! thank you! that worked like a charm!

i managed to install the OS X without problems. i managed to make the internet connection after adding a kext, but after i made the dsdt.aml and org.chameleon.bootloader (with just instant menu and Ethernet Built In) i reboot and it stops at "Still waiting for root device"

after trying some solutions i found googling, without any luck, i made a clean reinstall, and the same thing happened after dsdt.aml and org.chameleon.bootloader.

Everything works just fine if i don't do these things, i reboot a few times without problems.

Is there a way to get rid of this error or is it ok if i don't do them? (i haven't tried to see if it works only with dsdt.aml)

any flags i try it stops to "Still waiting for root device". this is a photo.

any suggestions?

2p20.jpg

hello

how do u get the dsdt ?

if is from another.. don't use it.. if is ur .. what patched are applied ?

check in u bios the usb sets..

and try to use in boot

-v USBBusFix=Yes npci=0x2000

good hack

• Like 1

hello

post u clean dsdt.. to edite and compile it with necessary patches

and u config..

cpu

graphics

motherboard

is nice u update u config in profile > signature

something like must of users have in the bottom .. like me in final my answer

it help u and help the people u try to help u

good hack

Dear Insanelymac,

i have successfully installed OS X to point 3.1

During the next step, 3.1 Fixing the OS X install

2. Type cp –R /System/Library/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext /Volumes/"OS X"/System/Library/Extensions/
3. Type: cp –R /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext /Volumes/"OS X"/System/Library/Extensions/

i checked that if i'm looking into the folder /Volumes there is no folder inside.

I'm little confused ;-)

Any help or idea appreciate, thank you.

All the best,

waldemaR

hello

can u explain with details what u done ?

post photo

i don't understand what u are trying to say ..

u are trying to install in what ? pc specifications ?

are u saying what u install is not show ?

good hack

Dear artur-pt,

my Mobo is in my Signature, Asus P7P55D

i start once again the install completly for more details with picture.

One question regarding dowload the files:

Use pacifist to extract mach_kernel from “OS X Install ESD/Packages/BaseSystemBinaries.pkg” and copy it to the root of your USB drive (note: this is in the attachment).

In the attach file "Essential" there is not anymore the mach_kernel. It is only in the "Essential - Mavericks GM"

I want instal ML 10.8.4

All the best,

waldemaR

One think more. I forgot to copy the two files, "NullCPUPowerManagement.kext" and "FakeSMC.kext".

Which command's i need to copy these two files from the stick to the Harddisk.

Thank you for help.

All the best,

waldemaR

2.3. A note for those wishing to boot OS X and Windows on the same HDD

(This is not recommended but may be necessary for those installing on laptops)

The OS X installer won’t install to an MBR partition scheme which Windows requires so we must patch the installer to allow this. If you intend on dual-booting OS X and Windows 7 then I suggest you install Windows 7 and update to Service Pack 1 before you install OS X to prevent problems updating to SP1 later. How to patch:

1. Download the required files from here:

http://www.osx86.net/view/2815-osinstallmbr+osinstall.mpkg_10.8.gm.html

2. On the USB stick navigate to /System/Installation/Packages/. Delete OSInstall.mpkg and replace it with the one you just downloaded.

3. On the USB stick navigate to /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Frameworks/OSInstall.framework/Versions/A/. Delete OSInstall and replace it with the one you just downloaded.

Part 3 – Installing OS X

3.1 Installing OS X

1. Stick the USB drive in the computer you wish to install OS X on and boot from your USB drive. If you’re unsure how to do this when your computer first turns on look for a prompt that says “Press X for boot selection menu” (where X is a key) or something of that effect. Common keys are F8 & F12.

2. When Chameleon comes up press enter to boot OS X. The OS X installer should boot. Go to the utilities menu and click disk utility. Select the disk / partition you wish to install OS X to, call it "OS X" and format it as “Mac OS X Extended (Journaled)” (See Part 2.1. if you’re a bit rusty with disk utility).  

N.B. For those dual booting on the same HDD as Windows ensure you've got the Partition Scheme set to MBR.

3.  Follow the installer to install OS X to the desired partition.

4. Take a well-deserved rest while it installs.

5.  Once the installer is finished it will reboot, on reboot boot back into the install USB NOT your OS X install.

Ok I need some help.... I cannot complete 2.3 because the packages shorcut is missing and when I try to boot off it, nothing happens and it moves on to windows.  btw shouldn't there be a error, especially since I am using amd, fx-8350.  I know I need to replace the kernel and don't know how anyone got a answer?

Dear Insanelymac's,

after relax a while here now what i have.

Installed OS X successfully with some problems.

If i boot with -v, i get follow screen: Boot-Asus-1, Boot-Asus-2

If i boot with -v -x i come to the login screen: Boot-Asus-3

Attach also three kext files that i used.

I don't have now configured the Grafikcard.

Also i'm not shure in the moment the next step's, of course i will read.

But i think first maybe fix this.

Thank you for help and an answer.

All the best,

waldemaR

post-1201199-0-44915200-1387205270_thumb.jpg

post-1201199-0-79997400-1387205281_thumb.jpg

post-1201199-0-70788400-1387205290_thumb.jpg

kext.zip

Dear artur-pt,

thank you for coming back.

i try to boot like you mention but then i come to the same problem with the same text as in the Attachment "Boot-Asus-2"

Yes. the radeon.kext was for my Grafikcard "Radeon HD 5750".

Is this not correct?

All the best,

waldemaR

hello

try to boot

-v npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No

is for what that radeon kext ?

good hack

hello

image 2 what is saying .. don't find fakesmc

and maybe u graphics to boot .. must edited amdxxx.kext

amd5000controller

amdradeonx3000

with u dev id

and in x3000 in the right graphics familly

good hack

Dear artur-pt,

with following command it comes up:

-v -f ncpi=0x3000

what does it mean now?

what will be the next step then.

i'm not have a clear picture now.

Has this something todo with the FakeSMC.kext or is this now another problem?

Sorry but the other thing that you write i not understand.

All the best,

waldemaR

Dear artur-pt,

ok, sorry this was my fault. Now i know the step by step things for now ;-)

I have to use the kext Wizard and put the two files Fake.. Null.. once again and the system comes up without problems ;-)

Now i have to figure out which things not work in the moment, for shure the grafikcard, DVD Burner.

The only thing is i have to figure out where i can find all not working things.

All the best,

waldemaR

Hey. I'm a beginner and I'm turning my custom PC into a hackintosh. After searching the web I thought my comp parts were all compatible but I've been having trouble getting into the actual installer. I haven't tried your method but before I do can you confirm that my specs are compatible with your method? I've pretty much scoured the internet gonig through all the different procedures for installs on a MBR partition and I always get the same errors. I posted a screen shot. It sounds like lots of people get my errors but I haven't been able to get past this point in order to actually install maverick.

Thanks I really appreciate this,

hinju

Specs:

Asus p8p67 pro rev 3.1

Intel i7-2600k 3.4 ghz

EVGA Nvidia GTS 250 512 mb

180 gb ssd

8 gb ram

p.s. my maverick download came from the app store of a friends macbook air

post-1273264-0-59359800-1387313837_thumb.jpg

Hello

Your specs are very compatible.

Try method proposed in this guide. Use Macbook air your friend and make usb bootable with osx.

Why you want MBR partition? You want install Windows? If yes you exactly need this:

*Partition OSX partition and Windows partition as GUID, your 1st partition should be OSX

*Choice Mac OSX Journaled for OSX and Fat to Windows.

Good Luck

I don't necessarily want MBR partition. Since my HDD has windows currently installed, I've read that its MBR partition so I had to do special thigns in order to install Maverick on it. Once I get into the installer, I'll format the entire drive, but until I can get past these errors. I will try this method and see what that yeilds. If anyone has any thoughts as to why i'm getting the errors seen in the screen shot above, I would be very grateful for your advic.

Oh and thank you very much for getting back to me. I felt like I was going crazy trying to figure out if my hardware was compatible or not.