Permanently Banned From Tonymacx86

mnfesq

752 posts in this topic

Until I am an administrator here, nobody will ban distros.

999.gif

As for Win8, it might agree it looked pretty before I actually tried to do anything, but from there on it's just the most frustrating and annoying OS ever. They definitely put a lot of work into it though, because you'd have to try really hard to make something that bad to use.

• Like 2

I just think that we are better then this. Using distros are no longer needed at all so why we tolerate distros it should be made clear that a retail install is the permeant solution to having a solid Mac OS X installation. Just a thought.

• Like 1

I don't think many here ever recommend using them as the best way to install OSX. We're not hosting them. Still, can't deny the heritage, or turn away 95% of the newbies who first used a distro and then found IM afterwards. Yes, they come with their own set of problems, and nobody's required to help them if they ask for assistance unless they want to. Sometimes they can't be helped because of so many possibilities from distro, and that is what I'll tell them :) I Don't like them personally, but if everyone thought the same as me, I'd have nothing to talk about :)

@eep357

one of your smiley forgot his pants!!

:lol:

That one is me! :D

• Like 5

my thoughts on it all

when i started my Hackintosh building HOBBY. and thats what it is for us all.a hobby

i couldn't find much out so i first used a Distro

which at that time was hard to find.but it give me a taste for the real thing. i read what parts would be best for my builds joined

places like here. and have received help with problems at the time i couldn't workout for myself

in return i now help other if i can.

to me thats the true sprit of a shared Hobby

I Would never charge anyone or ask for a donation

i dont think tony mac should

so my answer is to not use his site as you don't need to

(like the tv if you don't like the program you don't {censored} about it just change channel)

• Like 2

hehe i started with kalyway 10.5.2 in 2008.. then i realize i had core2 and did retail.. then 10.5.6 changed and needed dsdt.

Yup! I think it's fair to say most of us who started around the time 10.5/10.6 were released used a distro our first install. There was no "restore BaseSystem.dmg to USB, blah, blah done" to make easy retail as there is now. But, since those days have passed, I can assure there are no distro's in my file system :worried_anim:

OS_s.jpg

• Like 6

People are desperate for a decent OS. That isn't Windows 8 (or any other version of Windows for that matter), nor Linux with so many problems (don't believe me? Try Fedora 18), but for many it is OS X.

Ideally, you'd buy a Mac. But many can't afford it, don't want to spend the money or simply like a challenge.

If I had worked only half the hours I have spent learning to install, modify and operate OS X on my PC laptops, I could have bought 3-4 macbook pros. But then, I wouldn't have learned anything, and that is my primary reason for doing this.

• Like 7

There's only one thing to do with T.., stay out of there! the problems is that if you search something, info, tips or software, T.. floods everywhere, a real nuisance indeed

Well now I've a iMac I7 27" full loaded, runs it's a wonder, but nearby there's the hack XW8400, which is much more fun to tamper with.

From the very beginning of it, Osx86 was fun for the technical challenge and for seeing good machines, crapped by windows or linux in one year, have a new birth like Phoenix, what's the fun of distributions and automatic installs which, if you understand what you're doing, are usually not needed, if you don't, they'll end up in disasters one day or another.

I haven't been banned yet, because I have only registered there today, but OMG the rules the have. No links to other sites in signatures, no installation methods besides Tony's, no discussion if "pirated" software...

Not sure if I can post something about any of my projects there, because they aren't tonymac related at all and can be blamed as "piracy". :)

S0003.jpg

• Like 4

Yup! I think it's fair to say most of us who started around the time 10.5/10.6 were released used a distro our first install. There was no "restore BaseSystem.dmg to USB, blah, blah done" to make easy retail as there is now. But, since those days have passed, I can assure there are no distro's in my file system :worried_anim:

post-734613-0-40973500-1362148851_thumb.jpg

That is .... impressive.

• Like 1

I will say I used ##### for my current setup, but other than that I don't use any tonymac "copyrighted" materiel. But wow I was completely ignorant of them stealing code from other dev's. I have a probook and use the probook installer(which is posted on the tonymac forums) which works nicely and I see in the installer they give proper credit to the dev's. But the probook section of the forum is pretty helpful to its posters; they'll work with you to get you up and going. Yet best of all their open source :D.

Edited by thatguy009

some distros and a disto: Windows Disto Packages :)

LMAO, no spell check in Finder! :D Except for Eternity or Black editions, they're really just "cracked" versions and not true distros anyway.

Every now and then, I check in on TMac to snoop around and see if there are any groundbreaking developments in their little world. Had to laugh. TMac releases the all new Ch1mera which they say fixes the i-Message login problem. Now we all know that Chameleon featured this some time ago already. They were so eager to release their cut and paste code job (copied from Chameleon of course), that they overlooked the fact that the release of Chameleon in question breaks some image links in their bootloader theme. It's minor, but to the TMac faithful, this was a huge dilemma as the Pac-Man-like graphics were not showing. MacMan had to quickly post a workaround which requires adding a pre-fix to all graphic files in the template. They are now busy developing new themes which will replace the older ones. Could they not just fix the code? The new templates have cutesy little lions and mountain lions and little leopards with OS names like CustoMac etc. Puuuuuke! I thought it was hilarious.

• Like 7

I will say I used ##### for my current setup, but other than that I don't use any tonymac "copyrighted" materiel. But wow I was completely ignorant of them stealing code from other dev's. I have a probook and use the probook installer(which is posted on the tonymac forums) which works nicely and I see in the installer they give proper credit to the dev's. But the probook section of the forum is pretty helpful to its posters; they'll work with you to get you up and going. Yet best of all their open source :D.

I use it too, but only because I am taking on one problem at a time. Once I get my memory issue squared away I am moving on to the bootloader so I don't have to use that disc anymore to boot into OSX. Hoping Chameleon can solve a couple of my issues, gotta read more about it though.

I was almost in a position to be banned, using their utility to make the ML update USB but it kept failing, and I almost posted the logs but Googled the results first. They would have probably banned me because it wasn't a official ML update, and their utility has a check for it. But there I found a nice guy online that figured out how to circumvent their check :P and am currently in the process of trying to get that working.

Well, I guess that petty, hypocrite douchebag reads these forums because now I am banned. It's ok though, I got ##### and hacked it to work with non-App Store ML with the help of the previously mentioned nice guy, so too bad tony.

Damn, they deleted all my post too, what a {censored}.

• Like 2

Now this is a fun story:

A few month ago, I registered on Tonymac. I never really used their stolen patchwork,

but I am registered on many hackintosh sites, to keep an overview about news and stuff.

After "liking" a critical admin post here about Tonymac (and probably comment, too, afair)

they didn't ban me. Instead they just deleted my Account uncommented. Crazy? Yes!

In other words, Tonymac

excessively

spiders insanelymac not only for stealing open source, but also to spy on nicknames that

may exists here, too - because they want to keep their community clean from critical words.

That being said, Tonymac does not only steal, but really stalks users in the scene :) So all

of your experiences with this douce really does not make me wonder.

Why do they ban Italians? Because they can't speak it! So they don't know what you are

probably writing about them, that's why.

So hello Tonymac!! Nice to see you here on Insanelymac. Feel free to f*** yourself! And

just for you in Chinese: 因此,你好Tonymac!很高兴看到你在这里远景。随意他妈的你自己!

:D

• Like 9

Every now and then, I check in on TMac to snoop around and see if there are any groundbreaking developments in their little world. Had to laugh. TMac releases the all new Ch1mera which they say fixes the i-Message login problem. Now we all know that Chameleon featured this some time ago already. They were so eager to release their cut and paste code job (copied from Chameleon of course), that they overlooked the fact that the release of Chameleon in question breaks some image links in their bootloader theme. It's minor, but to the TMac faithful, this was a huge dilemma as the Pac-Man-like graphics were not showing. MacMan had to quickly post a workaround which requires adding a pre-fix to all graphic files in the template. They are now busy developing new themes which will replace the older ones. Could they not just fix the code? The new templates have cutesy little lions and mountain lions and little leopards with OS names like CustoMac etc. Puuuuuke! I thought it was hilarious.

Aww, sounds cute... This is how we roll:

About This Mac.jpg

• Like 5