Permanently Banned From Tonymacx86

mnfesq

752 posts in this topic

Tony, I am convinced that you follow this forum, either you or one of your most faithful, to me you're just a big dreamer, I think you're burning every day

Tony , sono convinto che anche tu segui questo forum , o tu o qualche tuo fedelissimo , per me sei solo un povero illuso , secondo me ti stai bruciando giorno dopo giorno

Tony, I am convinced that you follow this forum, either you or one of your most faithful, to me you're just a big dreamer, I think you're burning every day

Tony , sono convinto che anche tu segui questo forum , o tu o qualche tuo fedelissimo , per me sei solo un povero illuso , secondo me ti stai bruciando giorno dopo giorno

ooo u gonna get banned for speaking italian!.. even with translation!

ohh wait this isnt tonyschmuckX69. .. continue :jester:

• Like 4

I just got banned as well. It was my first post there, I was thanking the guide creator for his guide and added a short synopsis of what I had to do to get iCloud services working. I made the mistake of mentioning that I had used iATKOS-ML2 for the installation (but have since purchased ML from the App Store) so I got banned for promoting piracy (apparently owning a copy of the operating system you are using is pirating..). I thought the goal of the site was to help users get OSX up on running on non-Apple hardware and to help each other with problems. I also would have expected a warning or something before a permanent ban. It just seems very petty and childish, "It's okay to break the OSX EULA, but only if you use our tools and talk about it our way even if there's a simpler way." Yeah, whatever.

After reading some of the forums here at InsanelyMac, the people here seem to have a much broader thought process with the main goal of getting things to work well using the best possible methods and not artificially limiting themselves to certain solutions to problems.

• Like 5

No wonder I have not been able to log in, though I don't know what I have said. Regardless, that site is nuts!

I guess the interest of running OSX on Intel hardware has grown so exponentially, such that there are thousands of people out there wanting to try it out but get very frustrated with the process. It would be easier for most people to visit a site that offers packages to get their project going, for the curve is quite steep. I am glad I found this site in the early days when I started out quite a few years back with the Intel board with ICH7 chipset.

So much has changed since those days and the other site is still doing bustling business proves the concept of hackintosh is no longer a fad. I woudl like to think of this site as "the graduate school" for the hard-core tinkerers.

Long live Insanelymac!

• Like 1

After reading some of the forums here at InsanelyMac, the people here seem to have a much broader thought process with the main goal of getting things to work well using the best possible methods and not artificially limiting themselves to certain solutions to problems.

That is because we are not after money. We want people to be able to install OS X on their PCs.

True, we prefer retail, but I have always refused to forbid distros. When tonymac says that using distros is piracy, he is a big hypocrite.

Whatever method you use, if you buy a copy of OS X from Apple, you are not committing a criminal offence. You are in breach of EULA, which is a private contract between Apple and you.

Of course tony doesn't like distros, because they are so easy nowadays that even a child could install them. Well, that would destroy his business, of course.

So much has changed since those days and the other site is still doing bustling business proves the concept of hackintosh is no longer a fad.

People are desperate for a decent OS. That isn't Windows 8 (or any other version of Windows for that matter), nor Linux with so many problems (don't believe me? Try Fedora 18), but for many it is OS X.

Ideally, you'd buy a Mac. But many can't afford it, don't want to spend the money or simply like a challenge.

• Like 3

That is because we are not after money. We want people to be able to install OS X on their PCs.

True, we prefer retail, but I have always refused to forbid distros. When tonymac says that using distros is piracy, he is a big hypocrite.

Whatever method you use, if you buy a copy of OS X from Apple, you are not committing a criminal offence. You are in breach of EULA, which is a private contract between Apple and you.

Of course tony doesn't like distros, because they are so easy nowadays that even a child could install them. Well, that would destroy his business, of course.

People are desperate for a decent OS. That isn't Windows 8 (or any other version of Windows for that matter), nor Linux with so many problems (don't believe me? Try Fedora 18), but for many it is OS X.

Ideally, you'd buy a Mac. But many can't afford it, don't want to spend the money or simply like a challenge.

I will say distros are bad for the community but you should not ban someone for mentioning it. Just recommend a retail install. Window 8 is nice and in a way makes OS X feel dated.

I never said I liked one more then the other. I just stating that OS X feels stale just as IOS does. At least Microsoft is trying. lol

Apologies for continuing the off topic discussion, but I agree with Rampage Dev. Hats off to Microsoft for their brave attempt at redesigning a user interface; it's amazing!

Coming to actually using the thing though is a different matter completely.

• Like 2

Many app in my Windows 8 does not work, but not important. First time I used it... I was stone. Not like anyway, OS devotet to Facebook and similar (like mobile phone) .... sound a toy..

...however like things with personality and uniqueness, W8 has these characteristics.

Micky

I will say distros are bad for the community but you should not ban someone for mentioning it. Just recommend a retail install. Window 8 is nice and in a way makes OS X feel dated.

Pls don't ban distros just like a plague. Indeed nowadays they no longer have the quote but by the past they have allowed more than 80% of InsanelyMac members to know OS X.

Only the other 20% had the ability (financial means...to have a Core 2 Duo) to have a retail install. ;)

• Like 5