Permanently Banned From Tonymacx86

mnfesq

752 posts in this topic

Maybe the guy who is the person behind ModBot was just having a bad day...

IMHO I don't think it's a good plea to ban someone! Even if it's a voluntary work, they must always remain "professional", the members aren't just the animals behind their computers but human beings.

10252415-deux-personnes-gris-portent-homme-rouge-attache-a-un-poteau-sur-fond-blanc.jpg

• Like 6

The default shouldn't be BAN BAN BAN for something like that. It isn't here! If you are doing something that is outside of the rules and regs, your post will be removed, a note explaining why and a 'go look at the rules and regs' comment. Only when you disregard the rules repeatedly or on purpose, are you banned here.

The problem is that they DON'T CARE! Did you make them any money? That's why you got banned by default. If you'd have bought something or contributed money, you would have gotten a nice, personalized note from Tony hisself saying, "Woopsie, you made a mistake. Would you fix this - oh and while you're at it, have you checked out may fancy Rolex watches for sale?" Yes, I just compared them to the questionable guy in times square who flashes his coat to you and you hope all that's under there are cheap knock-off watches.

I'll now step off my soapbox, and move along.

• Like 2

They wouldn't let me log in even once.

I signed up there before I found this place, and they activated the account, but wouldn't let me log in.

"The best I can do for you is send you another password."

:worried_anim:

Another non-working password.

Were they afraid I was gonna chroot in there?

:lol:

Must have thought I was somebody they knew, or someone who knows more than I do, it was peculiar; the non-response response from the mod: felt like a Paultard at the RNC;)

Here's your microphone, it's turned off but you can talk into it all you want, best I can do for ya New Hampshire;)

:hammer:

• Like 1

Actually, it isn't tonymac or MacMan or Toleda or any of the mods doing this BS banning, it's this user, ModBot.

ModBot was the user who PM'd me after my thread was deleted. I'm pretty sure it was a pre-written response, it didn't fit the situation at all. The massive problem there is that you can't even respond to the thing.

So then you have to try and look for a staff list... if one exists I couldn't find it. So then you have to try and PM people who you think are staff as nobody seems to have any groupings or labels. The system says you need 20 posts before you can message anyone, staff excluded, but I still couldn’t message even those who I was sure were on staff. I then realised my account had been set to new posts unapproved (auto-moderated) by the bot, so I just posted my response in the forums for them to find, politely explaining the situation, asking for clarification and for someone to respond to me via PM. Next thing I know, my account's banned.

Even if it was all just a mistake, I don't want to spend time on a site with so many obvious flaws in its system. Besides, this place seems much more friendly, and certainly less restrictive.

• Like 5

In the interest of full disclosure and rigorous honesty, I feel the need to disclose that I was able to rejoin TonyMac. Apparently, they made a new board and required new registration for everyone and I was able to register for the new board. There are some people on that board who have a lot of familiarity with HP laptops and since I just got a new HP Envy 17 laptop, I wanted to learn from them and use some of the kexts and settings they had created.

As for the old board, I found that they had deleted every single post I ever made on that board and every single kext and plist I ever uploaded on that board. It was a complete purge. The only evidence that I was ever on that board was references in other people's posts to my posts (sometimes they were quoted.) So much for my contributions on that board.

it appears you have a Obama and MLK avtar.. that might be enough reason for someone there.

i like change.

Yea, I guess so, those {censored} haters. The avatar is of myself, I designed it in Adobe Illustrator around the time before Obama came into office.

ban_zpsae217217.jpg

• Like 1

Definitely not going to tonymacx86 again, I only went there due to a guide I was trying to follow for my m14x r1. Still to this day I have no osx86 goodness on either of my computers. I will say though, this community SEEMS (not accusing, just stating my observation from my experience) to be not very tolerable or helpful to those without much experience or knowledge. I dropped off osx86 back in '08 and pretty much all i used was distributions on an hp dv9500, easy piece of cake machine, so i never had the need to learn much else. Now i'm back i'm lost and it seems no one is trying to help very much.

I will say though, this community SEEMS (not accusing, just stating my observation from my experience) to be not very tolerable or helpful to those without much experience or knowledge.
Not that I'm trying to argue, but there are valid reasons for that (IMO).

This community wasn't born yesterday, so is relatively mature. It is more then 5 year I've been reading (first without an account) or trying (with varying degree of success) to help within boundaries of my limited knowledge. During all these years I've learned that there is a certain type of questions that are being asked time and time again. There are members that could answer these questions, but they don't bother to. Just because no sane person could answer the same questions endlessly (esp. when not being paid for that, out of good heart).

The fact that some questions are not answered may mean that:

• nobody knows the answer (yet)
  • members who could answer are not signed in or are not reading the forum ATM
  • the question was answered before, so experienced members just don't want to repeat the answer (read use the search function or google)
  • the question is not properly asked (formulated); in such case even google can't be of any help
  • a combination of any of the above

Thanks to hard work of admins/modes of this forum, much of such questions are eliminated, but still the problem exist. Though it was much worst few years ago.

Just my personal view of the subject. No offence intended.

• Like 13

Very true, and that was why I was careful in how I worded my statement. I see a lot of that over on XDA, and that is where I was drawing my reference from. Over there people are more accepting of new users and such, although due to it being a much more common and well known area of interest it is expected to have more new and inexperienced users. What frustrates me about this forum is the amount of contradicting and dead end information and resources.

• Like 1

Unbelievable, I go there now and then to help some lost soul, but I won't do that anymore. Sadly it's not the user's fault but I won't support in any way those who steal from hard working developers that share their knowledge with everyone.

• Like 2

Unbelievable, I go there now and then to help some lost soul, but I won't do that anymore. Sadly it's not the user's fault but I won't support in any way those who steal from hard working developers that share their knowledge with everyone.

I got mixed feelings about them.

I despise the thieving, rebranding and the underlying greed as well as censorship (some of my posts were carefully "edited" when I was linking to Rampagedev or Myhack website for instance). Open source and knowledge sharing is an important motivation for me and I find it sad to watch them trample on it just to hoard cash.

It really sucks big time.

On the other hand there are people there that share their ideas, publish their code and just try to help people on the forums.

I would not mind cancelling my subscription to their site and forums, I generally find more in-depth info or tools here or on other forums but I would miss some contributors, and helping when I can.

I'm probably too soft-hearted.

• Like 6

Wait until you find a thread where everyone is at a loss and none of the Tonymac team has any input to offer. You then post a solution that took ages to work out, only to have your post deleted and have Tonymac post said solution as if it were his own. Never happened to me, but to a good friend of mine - I saw his post since we were on at the same time. He got banned for taking them on about it. Yes, there are some good contributors on his forum. Toleda comes to mind instantly. But as a whole, they have weird ethics and are at times egotistical and fanatical about keeping everyone hung-up on their solutions. It keeps people coming back because the majority have no clue what they are physically doing... to them, it's all about selecting the right options in MutilationBeast. Most of the guys don't even know where the extra folder is nevermind what belongs in it. But keeping traffic flowing generates income... nuff said!

• Like 4

Yes, there are some good contributors on his forum. Toleda comes to mind instantly.

Yes, I was thinking to him, and Pike (PikerAlpha there) also.

But as a whole, they have weird ethics and are at times egotistical and fanatical about keeping everyone hung-up on their solutions.

It keeps people coming back because the majority have no clue what they are physically doing...

Knowledge control by obscurity: totally unethical and opposite to sharing knowledge and in open-source principles.

• Like 1

Wait until you find a thread where everyone is at a loss and none of the Tonymac team has any input to offer. You then post a solution that took ages to work out, only to have your post deleted and have Tonymac post said solution as if it were his own. Never happened to me, but to a good friend of mine - I saw his post since we were on at the same time. He got banned for taking them on about it. Yes, there are some good contributors on his forum. Toleda comes to mind instantly. But as a whole, they have weird ethics and are at times egotistical and fanatical about keeping everyone hung-up on their solutions. It keeps people coming back because the majority have no clue what they are physically doing... to them, it's all about selecting the right options in MutilationBeast. Most of the guys don't even know where the extra folder is nevermind what belongs in it. But keeping traffic flowing generates income... nuff said!

lol good name .. it does what its named MutilationBeast lol

• Like 3