[Guide] Dell XPS 15 L502X (Early 2011) Snow Leopard Install (possibly L702x too)

wen1

3,030 posts in this topic

hi guys

anyone can help to me installaiton iAtkos L2

i have l702x non 3d

gt550m 6gb ram 500 gb 7200 rpm hdd

i5-2520m cpu 1600x900

A17 bios

my problem is when i try to boot dvd the screen frozen and doestn respond

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXR3Egkrze4&feature=player_embedded

and i try to install on usb but every time i get error on usb.İ am using vm cause i dont have mac for creating usb.When i tried to install on usb i get error."operaing system not found".İ tried to replacment smbios and other text.BUt i cant get success

Anyone can help me for make a totally good working hackintosh

edit:now i update to bios A18

Hi @DoiX,

I use a logitech wireless optical mice which came with a nano receiver (not the unifying one), Generally the mouse is smooth but it does get jerky at times and overall the feel is not persistent as on windows. This annoys a lot.

Is there any way out this?

Thanks

hi guys

anyone can help to me installaiton iAtkos L2

i have l702x non 3d

gt550m 6gb ram 500 gb 7200 rpm hdd

i5-2520m cpu 1600x900

A17 bios

my problem is when i try to boot dvd the screen frozen and doestn respond

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXR3Egkrze4&feature=player_embedded

and i try to install on usb but every time i get error on usb.İ am using vm cause i dont have mac for creating usb.When i tried to install on usb i get error."operaing system not found".İ tried to replacment smbios and other text.BUt i cant get success

Anyone can help me for make a totally good working hackintosh

edit:now i update to bios A18

When I use the DVD of IAtkos and boot up with something plugged into the USB Ports it freezes on me as well. Check if all ur USB Ports are free before u try using the IAtkos DVD

@darren, nothing new on the nvidia. I didn't have as much free time as i hoped these months.

@curufperlit, erhm... it could be hardware, can you boot a live linux cd?

@killer, does it get jerky when you experience sudden spikes in the processor? It could be driver related.

Hi Doix,

Can you help me to insert NVIDIA OFF into my DSDT.

I attach my DSDT below.

I tried editing but there are too many errors :D.

I have to boot with -f in order to solve the artifact problem. But with your DSDT, mouse is moving really slow and jumping everywhere.

Thank you in advance.

EDIT: Hopes you haven't seen this request because I managed to insert NVIDIA OFF successfully. But now I'm stuck with FN key. I tried this code but it's not working.

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
								{
									Store (Package (0x02)
										{

"AAPL,has-embedded-fn-keys",
											Buffer (0x04)
											{
												0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
											}

}, Local0)
									DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
									Return (Local0)
								}

Would you mind pointing out what I missed? Maybe a reference variable somewhere else?

Can you isolate the codes which make FN work from your DSDT?

Thanks.

DSDT.aml.zip

I created a bootable ML usb stick using pcwiz13's tutorial. but i got "still waiting for root device error. Then I tried to copy smbios.plist to /Extra folder but i can't find the folder anywhere. Help plz?

I also tried to create the bootable ML like in the tutorial.

However now during the installation of cham. on the USB Stick, my System froze and i could only shut it down by pressing the power buttong for some time. Since then the whole system freezes as soon as it gets to the the apple logo with the light grey background before the initial logon screen appears.

The system is de facto dead and i have to reinstall it using a backup of mine.

Since i still want to use a SSD and for that i have to replace the internal DVD Drive, is there now any explanation why both the external DVD plugged into the right USB Port as well as several methods of OSX Boot sticks wont work, giving me the boot0:error?

might a different bios be a solution?

Edited by maxey

Hey!

I know this has been asked before, but i just can't get rid of the annoying artifacts. Some time ago after doing a clean install, installing all kexts etc etc i didn't have any artifacts. About a week or so i started having artifacts but i didn't install any kext or apps, nothing. I read that Clover Efi bootloader fixes artifacts problems but i can't get it working, i install Clover Efi, run the command needed for 64bit "sudo dd if=boot..." i get the error boot1: error. Any other way of getting the artifacts to dissapear? Or figure out why they appear?

@Cisar, try placing your dock to the left or the right of the screen, since I did that in my XPS (Lion 10.7.4) the artifacts stopped occurring.

I think this solved the problem because of the reflections used in the dock when it is on the bottom of the screen (default position).

Hmm i think that did the trick, i waited for the artifacts to appear then changed the dock to the right. It didn't make them dissapear but after closing all apps they didn't appear any more, 2h so far with no artifacts. What i noticed is they mostly appear when watching videos on youtube, quicktime, vlc, or even normal flash on websites.

Cheers mbyte2 :)

Edit: Actually it didn't realy help, they appeared again later.

I seem to have a few problems installing OSX again. I replaced my main drive for a SSD and replaced my optical drive for a caddy with my original hdd. My old Lion (iAtkos L1) installation was a bit messed up so I wanted to make a fresh install. I first tried to do as described by PCWIZ13 here: #1824 But it always get stucked here when I try to boot the USB for the first time:

9u26wm_th.jpg

(click for large photo)

I tried the following setup:

Bios A11

- HDD on original place

* directly thru usb in right usb port

* Boot with rBoot LE in optical drive and usb in right port

- HDD on eSata cable (SSD on main hdd place)

* directly thru usb on left and rear usb port

* voot with rBoot LE in optical drive an usb in left and rear port

- HDD in caddy (SSD on main hdd place)

* directly thru usb in right esata port and another try in left usb port

Also tried to make rBoot LE usb bootable on 3 different ways but i think they all didnt work because it didnt boot.

Bios A6:

- HDD on original place

* directly thru usb on left usb port

* voot with rBoot LE in optical drive an usb in left port

I also tried to install iAtkos L1 again. I tried this with bios A6 and A11, image restored to usb.

- HDD on original place

I didnt try to use iAtkos L1 on dvd anymore, because I didnt want to keep swapping caddy and optical drive. And because dvd method is slow, very slow

How is it possible that it aint working anymore? iAtkos L1 worked before on A6 and hdd on regular place. What am I doing wrong?

I want to get the Mountain Lion installation on my hdd in the caddy. Not on my SSD.

hey gusy

i need help for dsdt for my l702x. anybody can make dsdt and ssdt for me.

i5-2520m 2.5 ghz up to 3.2 hgz with turbo

6gb ram 1333 mhz

gt550m

500gb 7200 rpm

non 3d

720p 1600x900 screen

and i need wifi card mini pci

which wireless card is best for 10,7,2 i atkos dell dw1510?

I seem to have a few problems installing OSX again. I replaced my main drive for a SSD and replaced my optical drive for a caddy with my original hdd. My old Lion (iAtkos L1) installation was a bit messed up so I wanted to make a fresh install. I first tried to do as described by PCWIZ13 here: #1824 But it always get stucked here when I try to boot the USB for the first time:

9u26wm_th.jpg

(click for large photo)

I tried the following setup:

Bios A11

- HDD on original place

* directly thru usb on left and rear usb port

* voot with rBoot LE in optical drive an usb in left and rear port

- HDD in caddy (SSD on main hdd place)

* directly thru usb in right esata port and another try in left usb port

Also tried to make rBoot LE usb bootable on 3 different ways but i think they all didnt work because it didnt boot.

Bios A6:

- HDD on original place

* voot with rBoot LE in optical drive an usb in left port

I also tried to install iAtkos L1 again. I tried this with bios A6 and A11, image restored to usb.

- HDD on original place

I didnt try to use iAtkos L1 on dvd anymore, because I didnt want to keep swapping caddy and optical drive. And because dvd method is slow, very slow

How is it possible that it aint working anymore? iAtkos L1 worked before on A6 and hdd on regular place. What am I doing wrong?

I want to get the Mountain Lion installation on my hdd in the caddy. Not on my SSD.

Sorry to ask but i didnt completely understand what worked or not. Did booting via the eSata cable work? I mean the setup with the HDD connected to the PC via eSata or the setup of the optical drive via eSata to the PC.

I have ssd in main bay and hdd in caddy, never used the optical drive to install... Just create a USB stick use chimera/chameleon and never had an issue?

On another note anyone got 10.8.2 yet? Not at home tonight so haven't tried yet.

What bios version do you have? And how did you make that usb stick exactly?

What bios version do you have? And how did you make that usb stick exactly?

Usually on A06 as most compatible, right now on A11 as using windows for games more. Only difference is sleep doesn't work on a11.

Made the stick by following the guide on here a few pages back - check my posts and you're bound to find it - I've had lion and Mountain lion since the beta via this method.

Did you do know the system can't boot from a HDD in the caddy though? Have to boot from USB/SSD to get to the boot loader menu then you choose the HDD and all is fine. I have Mac OS on the SSD and HDD split for windows 7 and storage. Windows has to be installed with the drive in the main bay not the caddy or it fails the install.

I know I cant boot the caddy, thats why I tried eSata first. But that didnt work either. I thought I could boot usb and then select the hdd in the cadd to boot, but dont know for sure. But when I try to install thru usb it stucks on the picture I added above. Maybe if I can make a bootable rBoot LE USB, but dont know how (tried a few methods but none of them worked for me) Does someone know a good guide to make rBoot LE USB bootable?

And what command can I try to use to resolve my usb booting problem as showed in my picture some posts above? I tried this: (got 525M, i7-2630QM and full-HD)

-v GraphicsEnabler=no busratio=20

-v GraphicsEnabler=no busratio=20 arch=i686

I shall look what guide you used

@darren, i managed to update today. I just reinstalled AppleHDA and Battery kexts. I don't see any major differences, the Facebook/twitter integration stopped working tho, at least in the notification center.

@ik_ben_mark. I think the problem lies with the stick.

Did you restore L1 on it or you made a ML stick from the ground up?

On what OS did you create it?

Did you repair the permissions on it after it was made?

If nothing is wrong with the stick then the problem lies with the timing bug. Copy the patched IOAHCI kext ( made by BCC9 ) in the extensions folder on the stick, might solve it.

Edited by DoiX

@DoiX

I tried both images on the usb stick, the ML and iAtkos L1. I used the same stick that worked the last time (actually, it is a small micro-sdhc cardreader with an 8gb micro-sdhc, but this combo worked the last time too)

I made them out of my running Lion that I made last time with iAtkos L1. But I didnt repair the permissions after I made the bootable usb (it wasn't mentioned in the guide)

Is there a way to repair the permissions without a running OSX installation?

Because I deleted my old Lion (iAtkos L1) installation.

(It didn't work anymore. After I installed the SSD and did an bios update (A6 > A11) my trackpad and keyboard didnt work anymore, so I needed to use an usb mouse and keyboard. Also not after using kext utility and repairing permission from disk utility didnt work (some kind of error that I needed to re-install) I also tried to downgrade to A6 and placing the HDD back on the regular place (not caddy) but that didnt help either. And I think after a few attempts it wasn't bootable anymore so I deleted the installation)

Sadly, I updated natively to 10.8.2, then received the KP:

i3gw48.jpg

@DoiX can you post the kexts so I can drop them in using the Windows 8 partition?

EDIT: I booted up in safe mode and deployed @DoiX package v1.4. This works fine. However, I am still faced with the old problem of no sound. The sound icon is there, the sliders are working. The sound is heard if plugged into the headphone jack. What is wrong with the speakers??

Edited by amh10