Lion installation via USB stick using Chameleon

MaLd0n

1,466 posts in this topic

You mean in BIOS ? My laptop is Sony VAIO VPCEA32EG ...

When I turned on BIOS mode , there aren't many options besides the Boot sequence ...

Do you want me to take screenshot of my bios ?

Look at the bios setup

:(

Great guide which I followed, Everything goes well until all kexts are loaded from the Lion USB stick. After this is done the system restarts and I can't get the installation to really start.

If I run regular boot from the latest chimera bootloader I can see the apple logo a fraction of a second before the system restarts.

My spec:

GA EP35-DS3 with Intel E5200

4 gb ram

ATi HD 5450 1gb

Two SATA hard drives:

2 TB WD with 10.6.8 (almost clean install, no DSDT patch) works like a charm and another partion which I intend to intsall Lion on.

1 TB SEagate with a numer of Ubuntu version on it.

I have tried removing all my USB stuff but still the system restarts. I took away my PCI cards (Sound and Wifi) but no change. I only had the 2 TB hard drive connected but still no change.

I have also tried a number of boot flags but nothing have worked so far (can't really remember all flags).

Finally I have tried other installations such as Xmove and Kakewalk but I got the same behaviour.

Please somebody help me!!!

Any advice MaLDOn

Hi Maldon,

I got problem with my ALC889A, I searched all topics about "sound", which redirect to your topic. I need you help.

My MB is GA EP35-DS3, ALC 885 (889a), running on Lion.

My /Extra/Extensions folder: fakesmc, ALC8xxHDA

My AppleHDA is moded. DSDT is modded for HDEF injection. I attached dsdt file, you should take a look.

Everything looks fine, I got some outputs on System Pref. Line-in is working, microphone is good. But output is not.

I tried to switch port and output but no sound.

I encountered a strange case.

May you help me?

error2.png

error1.png

dsdt.aml.zip

Hi Maldon,

I got problem with my ALC889A, I searched all topics about "sound", which redirect to your topic. I need you help.

My AppleHDA is moded. DSDT is modded for HDEF injection. I attached dsdt file, you should take a look.

Everything looks fine, I got some outputs on System Pref. Line-in is working, microphone is good. But output is not.

May you help me?

error2.png

error1.png

Hi mate did you do something specific when you installed LIon with that MOBO. I have the same EP35-DS3 and I can't get the installer to start.

Hi Maldon,

May you help me?

error2.png

error1.png

dsdt.tonnyz.zip

ALC889a.zip

put kexts in S/L/E

and...

double click in kext utility

Still waiting for a help :)

MaLd0000000000n ;)

enable AHCI

Hi mate did you do something specific when you installed LIon with that MOBO. I have the same EP35-DS3 and I can't get the installer to start.

You must use this way: (step by step)

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=262015

dsdt.tonnyz.zip

ALC889a.zip

put kexts in S/L/E

and...

double click in kext utility

It doesn't work. Actually, i tried every ways for ALC889A. But it's not solved. Is there different between BIOS F1 and F4? My MB is F1 and i don't want to upgrade it.

Can someone please assist? I've tried everything and used all search machines but I can't solve the problem.

I followed the guide and burned a CD so my pc will boot and I can choose the OSX usb but it stops at this :

Please read this topic. But you need replace your MB dsdt and Extra folder. (searching on this forum)

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=262015

Hi,

i use sl 10.6.6

when im trying to install "EXTRA_LION_DP4.PKG" on the USB Stick it always fails.

if i try to install" EXTRA LION.PKG" on the usb stick its succeeds, but i cant use it to boot, my pc doesnt even boot and stuck in the bootlogo from Mobo ( Gigabyte EP41 Ud3l).

any ideas?

awesome stuff!. my 2 cents.. MacBook4,1 smbios.plist doesnt give me speedsteps.. MacBook5,1 or pro6,1 works best for me (graphics 8600m with 6,1 loads fast browser and cooler temps)

Unless you use MacBook4_1.plist of Slice. It fixes P-States issue. I used it on my friend's laptop.

Based on my experiences, if you have P8600, P8700 or P8400 then use MacBookPro5,5. P8600 and P8700 users can also use MacBookPro5,4. If you have a cpu from T series (9400, 9600 etc), use MacBookPro5,1 and use MacBook4,1 with the above plist file if you have a merom cpu.

However, setting up a proper graphic power management is another issue. In Lion, I have to use graphic power management, which fixes slow animations and provides less cpu usage.

What you will need

1- Working Mac OS X (may be another PC or Mac)

2- USB drive (USB stick)

You are great. I tried to load 10.7 over my 10.6.7 with various instructions but only yours worked like a charm.

Even my new bluetooth dongle ($8 china model) works.

My config is;

Lenovo G530

Intel Pentium Dual T3400 @ 2.16 GHz

3 GB 666 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Intel HD Graphics

Broadcom 4312 WiFi

Bluetooth Dongle

Upgrade from 10.6.7 worked w/o any problem. Since I use Time machine regularly I can always go back to a state I desire.

Few corrections I did.

1. Although graphics worked w/o a an extra kext, I used the drivers from 10.6.7 which gave me more flexibility (Intel X3100 modified drivers from these forums)

2. 10.7 bluetooth kexts didn't work and locked the screen for 5-7 minutes, I used the 10.6.7 ones and they worked.

These are the only changes I made to vanilla install.

EDIT: Battery indicator doesn't work. I did a lot of things but no sucess.

The only thing that annoys me is youtube videos don't work (all others like yahoo videos work). What I do is I use realplayer auto download and watch videos with realplayer.

I also tried to upgrade my LG X110 (running 10.6.7 with full features) to Lion but unfortunately Lion does not support Atom.

Thanks for your effort

MaLd0n, Hey! Can you please help me. This sound is driving me crazy, because of the noise and "khr-khr" (when I change the volume). So at a high volume it's not pretty to listen to the music or watch a movie.

I'm still using voodoohda.

Can you help find another solution, kexts or smth to make my sound sound like in win.

Thanks in advance.

ASUS P5P41C (ALC887).

Hello MaLd0n,

I followed your guide to install OSX Lion on my HP DV7 and everything went fine. After installtion I replaced mach_kernel with another mach_kernel for Lapic fix, so now all cores are working fine. The only thing is that it seems like cpu fans are running at full speed. Should i use Null power manegement?

I would really appreciate if you can fix my DSDT. I tried to compile but it shows almost 166 errors and i do not have understandng how to edit DSDT. I searched for many hours but could not find pre edited DSDT for my laptop.

Thanks for your time and effort.

HP DV7 3080CA specs.

i7 720QM | PM55 chip | nVidia GT230m 1GB | 6GB RAM | Corsair F120 SSD | WD Black 500 HD

HP_DV7_3080CA___DSDT_from_Ubuntu_64bit.zip

Followed the guide but I fail when trying to boot the USB Lion Installer...

I get the boot menu fine, I choose the Base System USB Partition. It looks like it's going well in verbose mode but the last few messages I see before it freezes are:

Previous Shutdown Cause: 3
No interval found for . Using 80000000
nstat_lookup_entry failed: 2
nstat_lookup_entry failed: 2
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::startForReal - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out
Transcript Offline - Buffer Pool Allocate [181000] failed
DSMOS has arrived

After this point computer freezes. My hardware is:

ASUS K53E Laptop:

Sandy Bridge i5 2410M

6GB Ram (4GB + 2GB)

Intel 3000 Graphics

I'm using the GM disc image and have followed the above instructions exactly. Any ideas?

Thanks

Just wanted to let you know that I've experienced the same issue. I was using the VGA port on my MSI H67MA-E35 board (Core i3-2100). Switching to the DVI port resulted in a perfect boot.

Hello MaLd0n,

I followed your guide to install OSX Lion on my HP DV7 and everything went fine. After installtion I replaced mach_kernel with another mach_kernel for Lapic fix, so now all cores are working fine. The only thing is that it seems like cpu fans are running at full speed. Should i use Null power manegement?

I would really appreciate if you can fix my DSDT. I tried to compile but it shows almost 166 errors and i do not have understandng how to edit DSDT. I searched for many hours but could not find pre edited DSDT for my laptop.

Thanks for your time and effort.

HP DV7 3080CA specs.

i7 720QM | PM55 chip | nVidia GT230m 1GB | 6GB RAM | Corsair F120 SSD | WD Black 500 HD

HP_DV7_3080CA___DSDT_from_Ubuntu_64bit.zip

Thank you so much for this useful tut, MaLd0n. Everything is fine except I only can reboot but shutdown.

Currently, I'm using EvOreboot.kext & NullCPUPowerManagement.kext for restart job but shutdown just not work. And inside my boot.plist also has:

<key>GenerateCStates</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>GeneratePStates</key>

<string>Yes</string>

What should I do now? Plz help.

I have Lion working on my GA-P35-DS3 / Saphire HD5670 1GB except sleep/wakeup.

It can auto/force sleep but on wakeup I get a dark screen with "no signal" on my Samsung LCD screen with HDMI connection.

I have to unplug and replug in the HDMI connector to get signal back on the Samsung LCD screen.

What can I do to prevent lost of signal after wake from sleep?

Thank You.