Lion installation via USB stick using Chameleon

MaLd0n

1,466 posts in this topic

Thank you so much for this useful tut, MaLd0n. Everything is fine except I only can reboot but shutdown.

Currently, I'm using EvOreboot.kext & NullCPUPowerManagement.kext for restart job but shutdown just not work. And inside my boot.plist also has:

<key>GenerateCStates</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>GeneratePStates</key>

<string>Yes</string>

What should I do now? Plz help.

If you are using those keys in your boot.plist, you have to remove NullCPUPowerManagement.kext to get native speed step working. But you have to have your DSDT file properly patched otherwise it will kp. If not mistaken, 8400GS breaks shutdown and I don't know if there is a solution available.

Hello!

I have Snow Leopard installed on my HP Pavilion DV6187ea (2GB of RAM) and after creating

and starting up the USB stick with the Lion image in it I get to a point where

an animation pops up and points out that I have to power down my laptop or PC (or

something like that, no message I'm afraid).

Any ideas as to what may be the problem?

Thanks in advance!

Hello MaLd0n,

I followed your guide to install OSX Lion on my HP DV7 and everything went fine. After installtion I replaced mach_kernel with another mach_kernel for Lapic fix, so now all cores are working fine. The only thing is that it seems like cpu fans are running at full speed. Should i use Null power manegement?

I would really appreciate if you can fix my DSDT. I tried to compile but it shows almost 166 errors and i do not have understandng how to edit DSDT. I searched for many hours but could not find pre edited DSDT for my laptop.

Thanks for your time and effort.

HP DV7 3080CA specs.

i7 720QM | PM55 chip | nVidia GT230m 1GB | 6GB RAM | Corsair F120 SSD | WD Black 500 HD

dsdt.westendmtl.zip

If you are using those keys in your boot.plist, you have to remove NullCPUPowerManagement.kext to get native speed step working. But you have to have your DSDT file properly patched otherwise it will kp. If not mistaken, 8400GS breaks shutdown and I don't know if there is a solution available.

You were right, my graphic card is 8400GS. I guess my hackintosh need a patched dsdt.

Thanks anyway!

Can't install OSX on GA-H61M-D2-B3 with i5

Can somebody help me out please:

I am following this guide with GA-H61M-D2-B3 with Bios F7

Intel Core i5 2500

8GB ram

and nVidia 210 GT - later I will swap with HD 6670.

THe funny thing is I installed the whole set following tonymacX86 guide, and even I reached LION and HD 6670 worked very good. Than I started again to see what I did and how I did it... but.. this time... I can even install SL with Retail DVD 10.6.3.

the machine works very unstable. I even cant boot from the HDD ( 1TB HDD)

So now I am following this guide but my machine stopes installing and stays for very long time doing simply nothing. ( I am sorry I do not have a foto of that screen, it says something about patching PCI or so)

Right now I am installing SL again with this HachBoot Cd and 10.6.3. Lets hope I can reach normal desktop after updating 10.6.7.

Any advice is very welkom.

gr. and thanx

hi..i'am a newbe..I have installed lion on my laptop but i have some problems:

1) to boot lion i have to write "cpus=1"..are there any solution for this problem?

2) when i boot lion the keyboard didn't recognized and so i can't proceed to the first configuration that appared in first Lion boot

3) i have a sandybridge i7 intelHD3000 and AMD Radeon, which smbios i have to used?and after bootting lion (if i'll do) i have to install somethings in particular after chameleon and extrafolder?

Thanks

I was having a problem with boot0: error and I've solved it.

I could get to Chameleon boot loader via the USB stick no problem, but after installing it to my Macintosh HD partition I could not make it boot, it just showed the boot0: error. The partition was set active.

I turned out I had to manually install the boot1h file in single user mode. When installing it in normal mode it was getting wiped, or at least not making it from cache to disk.

I want to say thank you to Maldon the writer of this guide.

It is proven that it works 100% on my system running an Intel Core 2 Quad 9400 CPU on Asus P5Q SE Plus with 4G DDR2 RAM. Painless installation and preparation indeed.

hi

i have some problem

My main is:asrock h61m-u3s3

cpu:intel g620 1155

copy this extra folder:

MacBookPro8,1 / Sandy Bridge

is this correct?

for dsdt i use patcher gui

after restart

in chamelon

when select HD

restart system

now only can boot from flash disk

I'm trying to do a clean install (no Snow Leopard) on a windows based Acer Aspire 5742-6674 with an i3 380M.

With a real mac (SL 10.6.3) I followed the instructions in OP and created the boot USB with chameleon RC5 and the extra lion DP4, GM, Final because i have the retail DMG "Mac OS X Base System". This all appeared to go well, but the computer won't boot from the USB even when set in the bios to do so. I then tried the Hackboot CD which leads to the GUI where you can select the CD or HDD partitions. NO USB there. I then created a DMG of my USB boot drive and burned that image, thinking that would solve the problem. I booted off of HACKBOOT then once in the GUI i swapped the DVD for the DVD I made from the USB imagine and still no luck.

Seems like I'm missing something simple here.

Thanks in advance for any help.

JP

Hi mald0n thank you tutorial

I have try on my mother board Intel DG43GT but it gives error "still waiting for root device"

Pls help me i want to install MAC osx lion

My PC spec:----

Intel DG43GT mother board

Intel C2D Q9500 Quad Core 2.83 GHZ

2 Gb ram DDR2 800 MHZ

Nvidia XFX 9500GT 1 GB graphic card

ASUS IDE DVD writer

160 GB SATA HDD Hitachi

currently i using Ideneb 10.5.8 leopard

I can't install Extra Lion.pkg, Extra DP4 Lion.pkg, and Chameleon.pkg to the USB

It says that I can't because it's not a MAC OS X system or directly doesn't let me choose the destination

I already changed de OSinstall.mpkg

remove pen drive and try again

If I use Chameleon rc1105 or higher which required change to org.chameleon.Boot.plist,

I lose Output>Internal Speaker & Input>Internal Microphone in Audio(Built-In) sound (Audio ID:888)

Any work around ?

(rc1083 is OK, i.e. Internal Speaker & Internal Microphone is available)

TQ

So anyone, crackling sound! Please, help! =)

Hi..

if the issue is not the knob.....

you can try remove voodoo and install ALC888 from [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url].

c.frio

Hello. I followed the guide in page 1 up to the installation.

The installation went fine. Upon reboot, I used the usb installer to boot to the newly installed Lion on the HD. No errors were found but I only get a gray screen with the mouse pointer. No spinning beach ball, just the pointer and the gray screen. I waited for 5 minutes but there was no activity. Should I wait longer? Or is there something else I have to do? Thank you.

Here are my specs:

Radeon 6950

Intel Core i5-2500K

Asrock z68 pro3

4gb ddr3 1600

audigy 2 sound card