[Guide] Mammoth Method v2.00 - HP DVx 10.6.x: Fast, Easy, Comprehensive Installation. /// NEW MAMMOTH BOOT CD for i5 & i3 \\\

Mammoth

1,567 posts in this topic

What is a source kernel? And that kernel I uploaded is the 10.8 kernel.

well, apple releases kernel sources after a little while of a particular release,then only one can lapic patch the kernel and compile it.

But its surprising no one has attempted to provide a chameleon build that can patch the kernel on the fly for HP users given the fact that DV6and DV7 are quiet popular laptops among buyers,and I am sure must be a significnt percentage of hackintoshers.

I think that such a fix was /is possible in right hands.

Guess all one can say is,its our bad luck (damn the hp bios).

Right! So I need dsdt for dv7t 6100 please!

I believe i have mentioned on how to obtain your DSDT before. You don't need anybody's else. Get em yourself.

Hi i have a dv5-1080ev with lion 10.7.3.i installed lion only with iatkos l2 image(update directly from software update) and is working almost flawless.i need help to create a dsdt.aml for this to enable sleep and use audio built-in an no the voodoohda 2.7.3 which i am using now. my laptop has a intel high definition audio 8086:293e, which alc kext it need's ? forgive me for my english

Look at my answer above. For the audio kext, do a lspci -nn in Ubuntu and find out what Codec you have.

Hey everyone I got the DV3-2154 CA, I am booting 10.6.7. As of now everything works except ethernet, microphone, webcam and wifi Wifi and qe/ci are incompatible but does anyone know where I could find drivers for webcam and mic? I also tried to get ethernet up and running but it has been a no go. Also seems to work fairly well, is there any reason I would want to apply a DCDT patch (I havent yet). Thanks!

Webcam is usually supported, no idea for that. Microphone is definitely related to your Audio Kext. What Ethernet Chip does your computer have? and Yes there are a lot of reasons why you would want to use a DSDT.

People in this thread need to provide more information.

@All the Sandy Bridge Users

I'm not sure about your Kernel Panics but anyone of you give me a direct link to your bios files?

hi guyz,

i need to ask you a DV8 question : I own a dv8t-1100 laptop with i7 720 cpu and atheros wifi (with modded F25 bios) and i am beginning to have big problems with wifi switch that often become red and wifi stops working. Even if i press it again after a few seconds it turns red again. I also did the modifications trying to reduce interference problems,but the problem is still there. is there a way to disable the switch making it "always on" for wifi and bluetooth and continuing to have volume slider working? The problem is under osx and win7 with atheros wifi card(under win7,i also see bass/treble osd moving by itself!). With intel original one(win7 only), it seems that everything is working fine.

Thanks!

mal

well, apple releases kernel sources after a little while of a particular release,then only one can lapic patch the kernel and compile it.

But its surprising no one has attempted to provide a chameleon build that can patch the kernel on the fly for HP users given the fact that DV6and DV7 are quiet popular laptops among buyers,and I am sure must be a significnt percentage of hackintoshers.

I think that such a fix was /is possible in right hands.

Guess all one can say is,its our bad luck (damn the hp bios).

Thanks for clearing that up! And the Chameleon patch would be much easier than bugging taptun all the time so I definitely agree with you.

Hi guys.

I followed this threat from day one and got me a nice fully working 10.6.4 dual boot setup on my dv6 2150g with mammoths guide and a lot of trying.

Since my Windows crapped on me i decided to reinstall osx with amer´s usb installation method.

The only dsdt that worked for me was using nixuns patcher with the generic dv i setting.

After installation i got everything working with taptuns 10.7.2 kernel.....except for graphics.

The about window shows display 3 mb i got no acceleration and resolution is fixed at 1024x768.

I tried changing vendor number in applegraphicspowermanagement kext, aty_init, graphics enabler but all to no avail.

I´m kindly and kinda desperately asking if any of you guys could help me out on this one?

I´d really appreciate it and attach my dsdt just in case.

Big thanks in advance, greetings to mammoth should you take at a look from time to time and thanks to amber for the lion usb method for our notebooks.

Have a nice day.

Greetings Dragonsoul

Got it sorted...i had to use dsdteditor---autopatcher would abort....now everything is working flawless. :-))

Thanks a lot guys.

dsdt.aml.zip

Thanks for clearing that up! And the Chameleon patch would be much easier than bugging taptun all the time so I definitely agree with you.

meklort create a kernel patcher and i use the tested version .but its seems he delete the meklort branche that countain patcher for lion .with this patcher you can use the vanila kernel .i request to he add this patcher to chameleon .if you want add your request go here.

http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleon/issues/231/

Guys,

I have a PV7 6143CL here are the specs specs: dv7-6143cl

Product Number LW181UA#ABA

Microprocessor: 2nd generation Intel Core i7-2630QM Processor 2.00GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 2.90 GHz

Memory 8GB DDR3 System Memory (2 DIMM)

Memory Max Maximum supported = 16GB

Video Graphics Radeon HD 6770M s

Video Memory Switchable graphics

Hard Drive 750GB (5400RPM)

Multimedia Drive SuperMulti DVD Burner

Display 17.3” diagonal High Definition+ HP BrightView LED Display (1600 x 900)

Network Card Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN

Wireless Connectivity

802.11b/g/n WLAN

Bluetooth with WiDi (36)

Sound

Beats Audio with the HP Triple Bass Reflex Subwoofer

Keyboard Full-Size Island-Style Keyboard with Integrated Numeric Keypad

Pointing Device Touchpad supporting Multi-Touch gestures. With LED border accent light and On/Off button.

External Ports

Digital Media Card Reader for Secure Digital and Multimedia cards

2 SuperSpeed USB 3.0

2 Universal Serial Bus (USB) 2.0

1 HDMI

1 VGA (15-pin)

1 RJ -45 (LAN)

2 Headphone-out

1 Microphone-in

Dimensions 16.38" (L) x 10.83" (W) x 1.24" (min H)/ 1.42" (max H)

Weight 6.72 lbs

Security

Kensington MicroSaver lock slot

Power-on password

Accepts 3rd party security lock devices

Power

120W AC Adapter

9-Cell 100WHr Lithium-Ion Battery

What's In The Box HP TrueVision HD Webcam with integrated digital microphone

HP SimplePass with integrated fingerprint reader

i'm trying to install SL retail dics and running in to issue is there a way to install this?

thanks for your help

Hey All,

WOW! This thread is still going strong (haven't checked back since April 2011).

As you can see by my signature, I have a fully working 10.6.7 SL.

My DSDT is 100% (injected gfx also). Just need to upgrade to lion 10.7.3

To save 64 pages of reading, can anyone please direct me to the best method? (I currently have retail lion on usb)

Hey All,

WOW! This thread is still going strong (haven't checked back since April 2011).

As you can see by my signature, I have a fully working 10.6.7 SL.

My DSDT is 100% (injected gfx also). Just need to upgrade to lion 10.7.3

To save 64 pages of reading, can anyone please direct me to the best method? (I currently have retail lion on usb)

Go for a fresh lion install via usb method rather than upgrade.

single partition on a usb>8gb via disk utility,

restore 10.7.3 base system to the usb(partition)

delete packages link from /System/installation on the restored usb

copy packages folder from mounted 10.7.3 dmg at the place of deleted packages link

Copy following needed Kexts to usb /System/Library/Extentions

*fakesmc.kext

* nullCPUPowermanagenent.kext

copy

1..disk_lable.

2.boot.efi.

3.kernelcache.

4.mach_kernel.

5.MacOSX_Media_Background.png.

from 10.7.3 dmg to root of usb

install chameleon to usb and copy Extra folder with all your working kexts,dsdt,smbios etc, to root of usb ,repair permissions with kext utility

boot from usb to install.

edit-- will need cpus=1 with vanilla kernel, you could use taptun's 10.7.3 lapic fixed kernel to boot normally.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Go for a fresh lion install via usb method rather than upgrade.

single partition on a usb>8gb via disk utility,

restore 10.7.3 base system to the usb(partition)

delete packages link from /System/installation on the restored usb

copy packages folder from mounted 10.7.3 dmg at the place of deleted packages link

Copy following needed Kexts to usb /System/Library/Extentions

*fakesmc.kext

* nullCPUPowermanagenent.kext

copy

1..disk_lable.

2.boot.efi.

3.kernelcache.

4.mach_kernel.

5.MacOSX_Media_Background.png.

from 10.7.3 dmg to root of usb

install chameleon to usb and copy Extra folder with all your working kexts,dsdt,smbios etc, to root of usb ,repair permissions with kext utility

boot from usb to install.

edit-- will need cpus=1 with vanilla kernel, you could use taptun's 10.7.3 lapic fixed kernel to boot normally.

Can I still use old kexts from 10.7.2 on 10.7.3? Cause I got problem with wifi using those kexts (AppleHDA ?)

Hi All,

I've read through this thread and many others and whilst I gained a lot of knowledge I'm getting mad at the same time.

I've tried multiple guides using as starting point Mammoth Method and other tutorials and I can't get past first boot of my HP dv7-6b55dx from USB/CD whilst at the same time I've successfully installed 10.7.3 under Virtual Box.

Is this possible at all to get installed 10.7.3 on this laptop?

Probably I'm just missing DSDT.aml but even if I tried with couple of them it didn't work well.

As the system is based on HM65 chipset, maybe it would be better to jump direclty to 10.8?

Please advise.

Below is a list of the most related threads and guides I've tried

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=250849&st=1260

and other forums, etc.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=170&t=53053&p=329694#p329694

http://www.osx86.net/notebooks/13458-boot-shut-down-problems-my-hp-pavilion-dv7-6b55dx-3.html

I've also tried:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=170&t=42634

http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=170&t=50017

https://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=170&t=35536&start=20

https://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?t=34889&p=219522

Whilst I know I'm missing something, probably small but important detail it drives me even more mad as I don't usually have any problems with even playing with Linux kernel sources.

Please help me jumping on the right rails.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, may anyone give me suggestions on how to use Brightness on my dv8 with snow 10.6.8? Brightness is SO LOW and i cannot increase or decrease it!

And is there a schematics for modifying the touch panel so that i can disable the wifi touch button to have it "always on" (i have the annoying problem of auto-switch-off due to interference...no way to go).

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Here is What I have done while we all wait for Taptun's patched kernel

Download the 10.7.3 combo update

copy your current 10.7.2 kernel to your desktop

copy your current audio Kext ( patched apple HDA) etc to your desk top

Run the combo update and reboot with flag cpus=1

delete the new apple HDA kext and install your previous audio kext copied earlier

delete the mach_kernel from root and replace it with the 10.7.2 mach_kernel (Taptun's patched 10.7.2 kernel renamed mach_kernel)

run kext utility to repair permissions and rebuild cache

reboot as normal and all your 4 cores will be working this time

:thumbsup_anim:

HP DV8 1080 EA (UK version) core i7 with Nvidia GT 230 graphics

Noticed a slight geek bench score rise 6089 pre update and 6403 post update

Could you please upload your 'Extra' folder.