[Guide] Mammoth Method v2.00 - HP DVx 10.6.x: Fast, Easy, Comprehensive Installation. /// NEW MAMMOTH BOOT CD for i5 & i3 \\\

Mammoth

1,567 posts in this topic

Hello everyone!

Nice to see the thread is still going strong and is very helpful to all! I want to say a BIG THANK YOU to Taptun once again for all the fine kernels he has provided us all! There are many others here too who have been INCREDIBLY awesome people (you all know who they are), helping in big ways as often as they can.

Wish me luck and pray for me as I am going in for an interview next week for an awesome wireless company called Xirrus http://www.xirrus.com (check 'em out)!

Thanks again to everyone!

Hello everyone!

Nice to see the thread is still going strong and is very helpful to all! I want to say a BIG THANK YOU to Taptun once again for all the fine kernels he has provided us all! There are many others here too who have been INCREDIBLY awesome people (you all know who they are), helping in big ways as often as they can.

Wish me luck and pray for me as I am going in for an interview next week for an awesome wireless company called Xirrus http://www.xirrus.com (check 'em out)!

MY BEST WISHES

• Like 1

Hello everyone!

Good luck :wink2:

• Like 1

I have read through this forum. followed the directions. i have a core i3 dv6 3120us . i made the MIID and restore dvd on a 16gb usb. now everytime i try to boot off the usb and select macOS it reboots.

I had gotten to the prat where i formatted my hardrive into 4 partitions so now i basically have no operating system on my laptop. I have the MIID/Restore of MacOS on my 16GB flashdive. I have created the Cham, Macintosh HD, Windows 7, and OSX Repair.

So when i boot off the usb i get 3 options MIID OSX and Windows 7. when i select OSX it reboots.

Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks!

(I've been doing this for 2 weeks now cant get it to work)

It does show that i have no DDST

Edited by itstafhim

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks,

Anyone tried Mountain Lion GM?

my install stalls with the follwing lines at boot,

DSMOS has arrived

[iOBluetoothHCIController]....

[iOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed

And this also with -x-f -v commands ,so kernelcache cant be used and hence no kexts(voodoopscontroller.kext) in '/Extra/Extensions' get loaded hence trackpad/keyboard dont work,(use a usb mouse)

Seems to be a graphics issue that prevents the desktop from being loaded,others on the forum have reported the same finding but none have a fix right now.

Tried with graphicsenabler=yes (dont need it for 10.7.4),but no go.

Dont know why ,but 10.7.4 works fine .

This started from dp2 before that everything worked fine till dp1.

Any "HP dvx" pros with any fix or suggestions?

Thanks

Hi,

I got the sane issue on my laptopt ;-(

It stops after DSMOS has arrived

So It might be a graphic card issue for us?

So I hope some gurus/"pros" jump in here and find a solution for us HP owner.

And I have tested almost all switches when booting ... no luck

//Peter

Hi,

I got the sane issue on my laptopt ;-(

It stops after DSMOS has arrived

So It might be a graphic card issue for us?

So I hope some gurus/"pros" jump in here and find a solution for us HP owner.

And I have tested almost all switches when booting ... no luck

//Peter

I did try to remove the NV* kext and it's booting fine, but I'm not sure if it would be working to add them on a installed mountain Lion ...... ??

Perhaps I shall try to use 10-7 N* kext ???

//Peter

An update on my install --

Did as fresh install and after an initial boot with -x -f -v cpus=1 busratio=12 graphicsenabler=yes' ,was able to boot,repaired permissions and used kext wizard to repair mkext in /Extra and surprisingly was able to boot with everything working fine as with lion but with graphicsenabler=yes.

Unfortunately this lasted for a couple of reboots then randomly the boot stalls at the same point again.

Working perfectly and then randomly it stops as before,seems to me as a kernelcache issue or a chamaleon issue as I cant even make the installer usb bootable with the latest chameleon builds.

Had to use an old build -1979 to make the usb bootable.

Exactly what I have seen also, som times it boot fine but only one time of hundred.... so it's not so stable , but it cant be so hard for some experts fix this?

I have sked if Chameleeon needs to be updatet for ML for our cards ,and latest version looks like it's fixed

11 hours 22 minutes 2014 ifabio: nVidia: - Add SusbIDs for GTS 250 (0615)

• 2 weeks later...

My own compiled lapic fixed 10.8 kernel (2050.7.9)

Compiled with below command ..... kernel are 8Mb.

http://dl.dropbox.co...mach_kernel.zip

make ARCH_CONFIGS=X86_64 KERNEL_CONFIGS=RELEASE

thanks

well I thought you had given up ,so have you sorted out the graphics problem yet,let me know.

Can someone post a quick tutorial of step by steps on the Installation and kext needed for 10.8 ? thanks

Well its exactly same as for lion with the same kexts,but for me the desktop loads inconsistently,(after5-7 boot attempts) and irrespective of any boot commands I use,it does not boot everytime(see above posts),but when it boots it works perfectly.

using NV kext only from DP2 works for me.....

//Peter

@Peter,

Could you please post the actual kexts that work for you,Idon't have dp2.

Thanks

yeah me too please post the actual kexts that work for you,Idon't have dp2, old 10.7 kexts work for installation but don't work after replacing them when system boot.

do you replace "NVDANV50Hal.kext" only or "NVDAResman.kext" too !!!

also what about changing our dev id in DSDT to "GT 330M" , i think this will load the new kext

thanks

OK, here are the kext from DP2

http://dl.dropbox.co...previuw%202.zip

If we help out each other we might solve our issue :-)

Thanks will try these and report back.

So far I have tried the following:

1. if I remove the NVDAResman.kext then It boots quiet fast to the desktop but resolution stuck at native1280x720.

2.I added my device and vendor id to the info.plist of applegraphicspowermanagement.kext using the macbook pro6.1 smbios but no go.

3.injected the device id to info.plist of NVDANV50Hal.kext at pcioprimary match string but still no go.

Irritating thing is that for me,it sometimes boot out of the blue after 7-8 attempts sometimes even without the kernel commands and runs perfectly fine to fail at next boots.

So I guess graphics do work but they are not loaded or its a kernelcache issue ,mine is a gt320m

PS.

some other thing could be;

change in graphics card injection in dsdt like we had from snow leo to lion (m lion has a native and scaled display option)

yeah me too please post the actual kexts that work for you,Idon't have dp2, old 10.7 kexts work for installation but don't work after replacing them when system boot.

do you replace "NVDANV50Hal.kext" only or "NVDAResman.kext" too !!!

also what about changing our dev id in DSDT to "GT 330M" , i think this will load the new kext

thanks

@Yehia

you need to replace all 4 as the dp ones are are twice the size cos they seem to be both 32 and 64 bits extensions.

And good news ,,with the dp2 kexts everything works as before ,no boot flags needed,boots in 30 secs.

But this has to be a temp fix,as the 10.8 kexts are pure 64 bits and should work as is in our systems.

Need a pro like taptun or nixin to look into the dsdt part for mount lion.

This problem is being reported by a lot of folks and even on desktop systems so hope some one fixes it soon.

Any more suggestions are welcome.

• Like 1