Mac OS X Lion (Developer Preview) Released

harrydeo

1,521 posts in this topic

Guys, you may want to check out this post if you're still having problems installing a Lion hackintosh using XPC:

http://trick77.com/2011/04/25/tips-tricks-...oper-preview-2/

The latest XPC version supports image-based boot and it even does it automatically. Installing Lion is a breeze now. Well, at least if you have all the Kexts you need and the DSDT. I'm wondering if someone's working on Chameleon to make it (100%) compatible with Lion because I really miss the super fast boot time and unlike XPC it can be installed to a Guid partitioned disk. According to the official repository, there ain't a lot of Lion-specific things going on:

http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleon/timeline/

Oh well.. you can't have it all I guess.

XPC Users: Only XPC V 0.75 works for me. :( (Not bad but confusing).

All later XPC versions didnt show any of my HD / Volumes (AHCI, SATA, Gigabyte EP35 ICH9).

Also F (rescan for boot volumes) only showing : No bootvolumes found

Is XPV >= 0.75 only for ICH10 (P45 Chipset) or non AHCI SATA ?

Hhmm, perhaps you have ICH 10 P45, insted of ICH9 (P35) ?

Its not the problem XPC > V075 cant boot LION, it cant find any of my volumes to boot - no volumes at all are show to boot, V0.75 shows all and boots SL or LION :P

Anyone with ICH 9 mainboard here (P35, with ICH9 non RAID controller) ?

We've worked hard on making a non-double faulting bootloader (the credits go to cparm for this).

I've constructed a PC EFI 10.6 that will work on both Lion and older.

It is no longer required to use the kernelcache (you can use also Extensions.mkext or just .kext files)

This is only the first step in the line, next will be an AnVAL and I'm sure cparm will release stuff too ;)

I've also attached atom / new Celeron patched kernel but it'll only work for 64bit cpu's (apple is dropping their legacy 32bit support since Lion with every step...).

Even with DP1 and perfect bootloader and patched kernel it'll halt execution after launchd is launched so...

I've done the same test on an i7 and it loaded very fast without issues...

Patch for Snow Leopard PC EFI 10.6 is also included...

Kernel for DP2 Atom / New celeron 64bit:

https://rapidshare.com/files/459219349/kern...on_DP2_Atom.zip

PC_EFI_10.6_Lion_Snow_V3.zip

PC_EFI_10.6_Lion_Snow_Rel3.diff.zip

We've worked hard on making a non-double faulting bootloader (the credits go to cparm for this).

It is no longer required to use the kernelcache (you can use also Extensions.mkext or just .kext files)

This is only the first step in the line, next will be an AnVAL and I'm sure cparm will release stuff too ;)

I've also attached atom / new Celeron patched kernel but it'll only work for 64bit cpu's (apple is dropping their legacy 32bit support since Lion with every step...).

Even with DP1 and perfect bootloader and patched kernel it'll halt execution after launchd is launched so...

works like a charm ... thanks a lot !!!

Nice!!! .. thanks :D

I am going to have to try this method by by AnV. But first question– which Chameleon loader can be used with this?

BTW, XPC loader ver .083.02 (latest) boots Lion DP2 straight from a DVD, honoring all kexts put in folder EFI/XPC/extra_kext, such as network, sounds,etc. Th eonly kext needed to boot is FakeSMC; others are just addons after the setup. Another point worth mentioning is that after initial setup, there is no need to remove PlatformSupport.plist at all. It's very impressive!

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?qaagp8nk6wqxjwy

It also boots SL.

I am going to have to try this method by by AnV. But first question– which Chameleon loader can be used with this?

Personally I am using v.2 RC 2 r640 and it works with AnV's boot file ...

Side Note: coming from a person who has never tried the pc_efi variation of the bootloader, this {censored} is REALY fast compared to the regular Chameleon loader ... :)

is it because it is GUI-less ?

This is only the first step in the line, next will be an AnVAL and I'm sure cparm will release stuff too :)

It is a disgrace to see something like this and if this patch gets accepted, in its unmodified form, without giving proper credits, then I am leaving the scene.

Since this is only PC-EFI, should an i5-2500k run at full speed? I tried the boot and it seems to think I'm running something else.

For us, the more irrelevant can you do a guide to advise us how we apply it exactly;

Please, If there is someone that might help us understand how to install this pc efi. In searching here, and the comments from all the way back in 2007 at netkas', it seems the only install directions were for the beginning pc efi versions, in the read me. But these files are long gone, and so any help would be appreciated, thank you, johnm

Please, If there is someone that might help us understand how to install this pc efi. In searching here, and the comments from all the way back in 2007 at netkas', it seems the only install directions were for the beginning pc efi versions, in the read me. But these files are long gone, and so any help would be appreciated, thank you, johnm

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=164809

Thank you HFW,

Been trying to figure this out a long time! johnm

Works NO DP's!, Thanks AnV!! Finally going in the right direction with this bootloader. Hope AnV will point us to a tutorial on his next loader, thanks

changing or copying a new boot file ... who needs a tutorial for that ... as well as reading the readme in chameleon base file zip content ...

sorry ... such people should stay by any distro like Hazard or something like that or wait for Lion final stuff ...

changing or copying a new boot file ... who needs a tutorial for that ... as well as reading the readme in chameleon base file zip content ...

sorry ... such people should stay by any distro like Hazard or something like that or wait for Lion final stuff ...

Wherever, and whenever I read your {censored}, it's always some insult. I guess you believe that even giving a little guidance is a pain. Keep this in mind. An insult in and of itself speaks volumes...

Thank you, it's working with my latest DP2+

Only problem seems to be in System Profiler with the memory, OK it shows all my 8 Gig's but no more serial etc.

I have those data in my smbios.plist and XPC boots fine (and correct) with that.

I guess in a future release it might be working ?

This is only the first step in the line, next will be an AnVAL and I'm sure cparm will release stuff too :(

thanx Andy... :)

tried changing the boot file only, it caused my secondary display (VGA-out) always active..

not sure what's the problem :(

Wherever, and whenever I read your {censored}, it's always some insult. I guess you believe that even giving a little guidance is a pain. Keep this in mind. An insult in and of itself speaks volumes...

wrong ... if you really read and understand it ... I am talking about basic requirements ... this part of the forum is not for basics ... and my "insults" have been twice and not everytime ! Chameleon installation is BASIC ... and should be known by everyone !

But only for you:

just copy the AnV boot file and your (Snow) extra folder + DSDT.aml to the the previous installed DP3 partition (or new Base Partition) ... make sure Chameleon RC3 for Lion INSTALLER have been installed to GUID Lion harddrive before ... that's it !

Windows BSOD in a CRT display in my About This Mac o.o

post-413183-1303836891_thumb.png

any idea wtf that's about anyone? :(

Thank you HFW,

Been trying to figure this out a long time! johnm

Works NO DP's!, Thanks AnV!! Finally going in the right direction with this bootloader. Hope AnV will point us to a tutorial on his next loader, thanks

Happy to help. :(

wrong ... if you really read and understand it ... I am talking about basic requirements ... this part of the forum is not for basics ... and my "insults" have been twice and not everytime ! Chameleon installation is BASIC ... and should be known by everyone !

But only for you:

just copy the AnV boot file and your (Snow) extra folder + DSDT.aml to the the previous installed DP3 partition (or new Base Partition) ... make sure Chameleon RC3 for Lion INSTALLER have been installed to GUID Lion harddrive before ... that's it !

I knew what to do, I was grateful for the help. If you want I can point you to a cache, on multiple forums where you continually insult others, including me, once again. I, like you, needed to wait for an asus friendly pc efi, now that we have it, insults are unnecessary. If you refuse to allow others to help others, because some may want it, then I suggest you start your own insult site. You must have had a hard life, being berated as a child to the point that you now defend your ego with insult.

I knew what to do, I was grateful for the help. If you want I can point you to a cache, on multiple forums where you continually insult others, including me, once again. I, like you, needed to wait for an asus friendly pc efi, now that we have it, insults are unnecessary. If you refuse to allow others to help others, because some may want it, then I suggest you start your own insult site. You must have had a hard life, being berated as a child to the point that you now defend your ego with insult.

you are absolutely right, I am sorry ... father ... please forgive me ... and please help me ... I did not get the voodoohda.kext loading with AnV boot file ... any idea ?

This is only the first step in the line, next will be an AnVAL and I'm sure cparm will release stuff too :(

Thanks! works perfectly here on first system in rig and dp3!

Two problems still remains like with xpc boot loader:

- Restart doesn't work (in snow it's OK)

- Sleep/restart: when i put lion in sleep it goes well but when i wake it the screen remains black and the only thing i can do is to put it in shutdown by power button, also when it starts the cmos is resetted to default. (in snow all well)