Mac OS X Lion (Developer Preview) Released

harrydeo

1,521 posts in this topic

hi guys !!! :D

that's it , I succeeded in installing Lion on a partition MBR and starting her without key usb !!! :D

In made to be able to install it in MBR, I used the tuto of installation of DP 2 which I installed on DD in GPT!!!

This cool installation I cloned it with CCC (Carbon Copy Cloner) and made a .dmg picture (I have only the single DD as Lion) that I put on Snow!!!

Then I formated my DD of Lion in MBR, create 2 partitions over (one for Bootloader in MS-DOS and other one for picture clones in HFS journalised)

Under Snow I cloned picture towards the second partition with CCC and for the first one, I used DueToHdd to make my partition bootable and I copied the last version of XPC over!!!

Boot Lion without problem and without key usb, upturn walks very also !!! :D

post-193719-1302616599_thumb.png

post-193719-1302616622_thumb.png

I thanks Fantomas1 for this méthode installation Lion without usb key :D

disque12.jpg

Good works :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks Fantomas1

Hi all,

i getting this error in both [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and XPC-0.82.50

in both i getting stioll waiting for root device.

i already used rd=diskXsY but getting same error.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Try this dsdt fix by THe KiNG. Read whole topic and remember to check your chipset model befor modifying.

BTW. Did you try AHCI.efi driver?

Adding -v modifier just puts in verbose mode

The "PCI configuration begin" appears to be a major problem for the DP2 install. Any help?

I'm also getting this error trying to install DP2 fresh, after backing it up to a hard disk partition. I have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 768MB. I've tried both [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 1.7 and the latest xpc from the irc channel to a thumb drive, both with and without my dsdt.aml, also tried sticking a EFI string in for my graphics card from the osx86 tool into XPC's settings.plist with no luck.

madcabbit,

can you boot in safe mode (-x)? After the update I tried basically what you did, but the only way I can boot with any bootloader is in safe mode.

I tried with -v -x and it made no difference.

I also noticed another issue. To make the space, I disabled journaling on my SL volume, which I had on a GPT drive by itself, then booted into Linux, used gparted to resize and create two new partitions, one for the installer and one for Lion, then booted back into SL and re-enabled journaling. The SL partition is fine, and when I restored the installer, as root, a ls -l looks fine, but if I create a new file manually, it gets created with user and group "_unknown". When I ls -l from my normal account, it all shows up as my user and the "users" group, even the files that show up as root:wheel when I do ls -l as root. I noticed this copying over fakesmc and tried to "chmod -R root:wheel" as root, but it didn't have any effect.

Frustrating. With my GTX 460, I've had to deal with the dreaded fermi freezes in SL. With the updated drivers in DP2, I was hoping to see if it was any more stable than dealing with constant lock ups unless I run a video in vlc.

Finally got my GTX 570's to work and get past the PCI CONFIGURATION error. I was using HDMI and it didn't even cross my mind to use DVI, but once I did the system stuck on PCI CONFIG for a few seconds then flashed and worked perfectly. Didn't even see the rest of the verbose mode output. All I needed was ATY_Init 64 bit and my devce ID (1081) in the NVDAGF100.kext.

great, i'm planning to buy it as soon as more than one of you that already have it can confirm about this... if you can give us some feedback about it (QE/CI works or not ecc...) maybe some benchmark... are you using dp2 or dp3? what bootloader?

cheers and thanks

great, i'm planning to buy it as soon as more than one of you that already have it can confirm about this... if you can give us some feedback about it (QE/CI works or not ecc...) maybe some benchmark... are you using dp2 or dp3? what bootloader?

cheers and thanks

Rominator also has his working. I'm using the DP2 update (DP3 I guess you can call it) and QE/CI works fine, although some animations (like with the Launchpad) seem a tad slow. The drivers obviously still need more work, but it's promising that I can get full QE/CI and all stock Apple apps seem to work. I'm using XPC 0.82.33. I'll follow with some benchmarks a little later when I get the chance to do some.

great, anyway also launchpad animation here on dp3 and a geforce 9800gt with efi string seems a bit slower ... i think apple should work more on this to optimize it. IMHO maybe because it's a new full-screen animation that took a lot of gpu/cpu work compared to others. anyway let us informed! cheers and keep testing for community

M0rpheus, that sounds promising! :whistle:

In my case though even with XPC 0.82.33 it's stuck at [PCI configuration begin]

I'd like to test with HDMI, but I don't have mini HDMI Adapter right now.

Are you using ATY_Init.kext from 28th February 2011?

What kernel flags?

Did you add

0x108110de&0xffe0ffff

or

0x108110de&0xffc0ffff

to NVDAGF100Hal.kext?

Are there any other steps or kexts you were using?

I used NullCPUPowerManagement and FakeSMC as well.

Single GPU installed in your PC?

Edit: Oh, wait I see it in your sig. You have two GTX 570 SLI config.

I have two installed: GTX 570 and ATI 5770

GTX 570 is at Slot 1 and ATI on Slot 2

Maybe that's why it doesn't work? Should I remove the ATI?

hi guys !!! :P

that's it , I succeeded in installing Lion on a partition MBR and starting her without key usb !!! :wacko:

In made to be able to install it in MBR, I used the tuto of installation of DP 2 which I installed on DD in GPT!!!

This cool installation I cloned it with CCC (Carbon Copy Cloner) and made a .dmg picture (I have only the single DD as Lion) that I put on Snow!!!

Then I formated my DD of Lion in MBR, create 2 partitions over (one for Bootloader in MS-DOS and other one for picture clones in HFS journalised)

Under Snow I cloned picture towards the second partition with CCC and for the first one, I used DueToHdd to make my partition bootable and I copied the last version of XPC over!!!

Boot Lion without problem and without key usb, upturn walks very also !!! :)

post-193719-1302616599_thumb.png

post-193719-1302616622_thumb.png

fantomas1,

With your lion install on MBR, can you dual boot Snow Leopard and Lion with the same bootloader?

All the best,

NCXP2005

Finally got my GTX 570's to work and get past the PCI CONFIGURATION error. I was using HDMI and it didn't even cross my mind to use DVI, but once I did the system stuck on PCI CONFIG for a few seconds then flashed and worked perfectly. Didn't even see the rest of the verbose mode output. All I needed was ATY_Init 64 bit and my devce ID (1081) in the NVDAGF100.kext.

Where would I get the ATY_Init you are using?

Would the device id for a GTX 460 768 MB already be in NVDAGF100.kext, and if not, how would I find it so I can add it?

Where would I get the ATY_Init you are using?

Would the device id for a GTX 460 768 MB already be in NVDAGF100.kext, and if not, how would I find it so I can add it?

Okay, so I looked at the file, I take it the ID goes here?

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
		<string>
			0x06c010de&0xffe0ffff
			0x0dc010de&0xffc0ffff
			0x0e2010de&0xffe0ffff
			0x0ee010de&0xffe0ffff
			0x0f0010de&0xffc0ffff
			0x104010de&0xffc0ffff
			0x124010de&0xffc0ffff
		</string>

In windows, my GTX 460 shows the first hardware id as PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0E22$SUBSYS_080410DE&REV_A1, which reminded me of something I read about the id of the card being 0e22, would that mean I would want to add "0x0e22010de$amp;0xffe0fff"?

Ok, Graphic is working with the rightone NVEnabler.kext and the "originals" GeForce.kexts...

No Changes an NV50HALxxx and NVResman.kext needed... 8)

But still this Error, i think it is not dependend from DSDT.aml, because, Booting without DSDT its the same...

USBF: 2.263 EHCI controller unable to take control from BIOS

USBF: 2.267 AppleUSBEHCI[0xffffff80099ca000]: unable to obtain ownership: 0xe00002be

USBF: 2.273 AppleUSBEHCI[0xffffff80099ca000]::UIMInitialize - Error occurred (0xe00002be)

USBF: 2.281 AppleUSBEHCI[0xffffff80099ca000]::UIMFinalize isInactive(0) _pEHCIRegisters(0) _device(0xffffff800a0b8700)

USBF: 2.288 AppleUSBEHCI[0xffffff80099ca000]::start unable to initialize UIM

Anyone have this too?

No Highspeed USB-Ports only USB 1.1.

How to resolve this?

Rene

hi , i have the same error resolved with [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] 1.5

now all working only problems with video

So I tried putting "0x0e2210de", "0x0e2210de&0xffe0fff", and "0x0e2210de&0xffc0fff" one at a time into the Info.plist for NVDAGF100.kext, alternating between using the 64-bit ATY_Init netkas released in february and not, and it didn't get me by "PCI Configuration Begin" for my GTX 460. :/

M0rpheus, that sounds promising! :)

In my case though even with XPC 0.82.33 it's stuck at [PCI configuration begin]

I'd like to test with HDMI, but I don't have mini HDMI Adapter right now.

Are you using ATY_Init.kext from 28th February 2011?

What kernel flags?

Did you add

0x108110de&0xffe0ffff

or

0x108110de&0xffc0ffff

to NVDAGF100Hal.kext?

Are there any other steps or kexts you were using?

I used NullCPUPowerManagement and FakeSMC as well.

Single GPU installed in your PC?

Edit: Oh, wait I see it in your sig. You have two GTX 570 SLI config.

I have two installed: GTX 570 and ATI 5770

GTX 570 is at Slot 1 and ATI on Slot 2

Maybe that's why it doesn't work? Should I remove the ATI?

I'll reply in parts to answer every question lol

Firstly yes I'm using Netkas' Aty_init he released a couple of months ago for 64 bit Lion. FakeSMC is the only other kext I need to make it boot. I did however use my Macbook to boot the system first, correctly install the kexts and then put the HDD back in my Hackintosh (I was having some troubles with FakeSMC not loading, installed incorrectly it said).

I'm only using the kernel flag -v so I could check output, nothing more.

I replaced the 0x104010de code (I think it was) and just put 81 in for my card. I think that made it 0x108110de&0xffc0ffff.

And yes the problem could be stemming from having 2 different GPU's installed. The ATI card will automatically try to load the RadeonFramebuffer which could conflict with your nVidia framebuffer loading.

M0rpheus, I thank you for your quick response and detailed answer! :D

I'll try it with removing the ATI card asap.

I am very much interested in selling the ATI card and saving some 20-30 watts of energy. It isn't much but hey, there is a reason why I decided to water cool my GTX 570 and not the ATI 5770. I only bought the latter to get my work done. QE/CI is a must for me.

Edit:

Unfortunately it doesn't work for me. It still hangs on PCI config begin.

Maybe it's working for you, because you have two nvidia cards installed. Rominator also has one nvdia helper card to get it to work on his MacPro.

I tried to boot from my cloned MacBook drive and a new Lion Base System. I also tried to use NVEnabler and not ATYinit.

Maybe it's a BIOS thing? I didn't alter it though, because I haven't had any problems on Snow Leopard.

My motherboard and graphics card are from Gigabyte, if that matters.

So, I found out the permissions problem. For me, its showing anything other the boot drive as no owners, and permissions aren't sticking. I had to manually set it from the command line with "vsdbutil -a" to get them to work. In the end, I reformatted, set up the install drive again with the right permissions this time, used ATY_Init and added the proper ID for my GTX 460 into the NVDAGF100Hal.kext's Info.plist again, and... it booted! So I hated OSInstall.mpkg and got it installed. Got my NIC working with the AppleYukon2Injector.kext I was using in SL, but I have yet to get audio working.

I'm using a Asus P6X68D-E motherboard with this audio chipset from lspci:

00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801JI (ICH10 Family) HD Audio Controller

Anyone have any advice on getting this working?

Oh, and what's the best workaround for reboot not working, or is there one yet?

Got my NIC working with the AppleYukon2Injector.kext I was using in SL, but I have yet to get audio working.

I'm using a Asus P6X68D-E motherboard with this audio chipset from lspci:

00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801JI (ICH10 Family) HD Audio Controller

Anyone have any advice on getting this working?

Oh, and what's the best workaround for reboot not working, or is there one yet?

Did you have audio working in SL? You can copy the same kexts along with the AppleHDA.kext (if you needed to patch it in SL) and it will work fine in Lion.

For reboot, EvoReboot.kext is good if you haven't had reboot/shutdown fixed in your DSDT.

Did you have audio working in SL? You can copy the same kexts along with the AppleHDA.kext (if you needed to patch it in SL) and it will work fine in Lion.

For reboot, EvoReboot.kext is good if you haven't had reboot/shutdown fixed in your DSDT.

Audio works in SL, it looks like just a modified AppleHDA.kext, I copied that over, but it didn't help.

Also, I have 1920x1080, but the ATY_Init just makes my GTX 460 show up as a generic geforce, and 512 MB of vram instead of 768 and no QE, any advice on this? Trying without ATY_Init in any way (Even NVEnabler) just hangs where its been hanging for me before on boot.

Also, if InsanelyMac doesn't stop switching on me to Outline mode, I think I'm gonna scream. :D

Audio works in SL, it looks like just a modified AppleHDA.kext, I copied that over, but it didn't help.

Don't forget to bring over any audio enablers you might have in SL /Extra/Extensions. Also, for me, using [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url], I always had to delete the kernelcache (each boot) or no audio. With XPC, I didn't. Lastly, go to System Preferences, sound output, and make sure the output is set to the correct line.

So, I found out the permissions problem. For me, its showing anything other the boot drive as no owners, and permissions aren't sticking. I had to manually set it from the command line with "vsdbutil -a" to get them to work. In the end, I reformatted, set up the install drive again with the right permissions this time, used ATY_Init and added the proper ID for my GTX 460 into the NVDAGF100Hal.kext's Info.plist again, and... it booted! So I hated OSInstall.mpkg and got it installed. Got my NIC working with the AppleYukon2Injector.kext I was using in SL, but I have yet to get audio working.

Could you be a little more detailed about this? What do you mean when you say you setup the drive again with the right permissions, why weren't they right in the first place?

This leads me to believe something went wrong with the update that screwed up the permissions so that FakeSMC won't load? I'm a little confused

I quote myself to add it's still happening after updating from dp2 to dp3 :(

QUOTE]Why do I get this screen right before the desktop appears? (In 11a419 only)

It happens using either Natit, NVEnabler, ATY_init, dsdt injection, efi string...

My graphics card is a gtx260 which is working perfectly under SL and Lion DP1. Anybody has a clue?

Thanks

I quote myself to add it's still happening after updating from dp2 to dp3 :(

QUOTE]Why do I get this screen right before the desktop appears? (In 11a419 only)

It happens using either Natit, NVEnabler, ATY_init, dsdt injection, efi string...

My graphics card is a gtx260 which is working perfectly under SL and Lion DP1. Anybody has a clue?

Thanks

Does it do the same thing using the other video out on the graphics card?

Does it do the same thing using the other video out on the graphics card?

Dvi-1 is Plugged to the monitor. Dvi-2 to a LCD tv. Tried to Remove the tv but dame result.

Again, under dp1 works flawlessly.