Mac OS X Lion (Developer Preview) Released

harrydeo

1,521 posts in this topic

for those that need istat menu to work, you will need a Lion compatible MenuCracker and replace the one that istat menu installs with the newer one. I got istat menu to work with DP1 on a MBP. i'll give it a shot on this one. if it works, i'll post a tutorial that i put together on "another" site some time ago.

Anyone know if that DP2 Update is available as a download package, instead of via Software Update? Or is there a location where the update package is stored for SU?

Like to have it on hand, instead of being forced to re-download it (if I must) on my slow connection.

MAJ

after Update Lion DP2 to new Softwareupdate, not boot normaly, only with -v, what is that for {censored} again ?

Hav anyone the same Problem ?

Thank you for Tipps and help.

That must be a coincidence, as -v is only for verbose booting - displaying kernel log during booting process.

MAJ

To get iStat Menu to work. I'm still using the version 3.05. I doubt there are any updates for Lion so this will do until then.

For those interested, I gathered some great fixes on the web. Thought I'd share it with you.

I went ahead and did both mods since I thought it wouldnt do any harm. I included is the article source and instructions.

http://www.webvampires.net/post/3579438175...for-istat-menus

iStat Menus doesn’t work on OS X Lion (Developer Preview), reported by RoaringApps. However, that’s only partially true. As Douglas commented:

It will only work if you install in Snow Leopard and execute it in it before installing Lion. If you do a clean install of Lion it will not work.iStat Menus uses MenuCracker to allow 3rd party menu extras to be used. The reason, I guess, is because the MenuCracker bundled with iStat Menus is not compatible with Lion. If you upgraded from Snow Leopard, you’re still able to configure enabled-menus’ options. However, if you disable that menu item, you won’t be able to enable it again. As Shaun commented:

While it installs fine, and the settings app works fine, the actual menubar icons don’t - if you switch one “on” (e.g. CPU), it switches straight back off! :(

What I did is downloading the latest version of MenuCracker from SourceForge, overwrite the old MenuCracker.menu within iStat Menus.app. Optionally, kill the iStatLocal daemon process and overwrite the MenuCracker.menu file at /Library/Application Support/iStat Local/extra/

http://bs87.com/post/3579529679/finally-go...on-a-fresh-lion

Finally got iStat Menus working on a fresh Lion install. When you change a slider it is supposed to add an entry to ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.systemuiserver.plist but fails. If you just add the entries manually then restart the systemuiserver it works!

Edit: To edit the plist you must use some sort of plist editor. I prefer PlistEdit Pro but there are several others and likely some free ones. A link to PlistEdit Pro is in my sidebar on the right.

available menu options are:

“/Library/Application Support/iStat local/extras/iStatMenusBattery.menu”
“/Library/Application Support/iStat local/extras/iStatMenusCombined.menu”
“/Library/Application Support/iStat local/extras/iStatMenusCPU.menu”
“/Library/Application Support/iStat local/extras/iStatMenusDateAndTimes.menu”
“/Library/Application Support/iStat local/extras/iStatMenusDiskActivity.menu”
“/Library/Application Support/iStat local/extras/iStatMenusDrives.menu”
“/Library/Application Support/iStat local/extras/iStatMenusMemory.menu”
“/Library/Application Support/iStat local/extras/iStatMenusNetwork.menu”
“/Library/Application Support/iStat local/extras/iStatMenusTemps.menu”

That's all folk. See screenie

post-6112-1302922113_thumb.jpg

Does this apply to any codec? I mean..we still have to use that legacy kexts, right?

If you want sound change your layout id to 42

e.g

"layout-id",

Buffer (0x04)

{

0x42, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00

},

in your DSDT, you have to change sound in preferences from HP to output when you bootup , but it works.

Hi all,

i getting this error in both [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and XPC-0.82.50

in both i getting stioll waiting for root device.

i already used rd=diskXsY but getting same error.

Thanks in advance

Regards

post-675927-1302944549_thumb.jpg

UEFI-Boot channel at irc.moofspeak.net

I've tried to insert my cputype ID in settings.plist (in my case CPU0 in ioreg section is 0105 on SL) but it shows me always unknown processor. The frequency and either ram speed and fsb is correctly shown. i'll try join IRC channel... maybe i'll find a solution there....

Hi all,

i getting this error in both [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and XPC-0.82.50

in both i getting stioll waiting for root device.

i already used rd=diskXsY but getting same error.

Thanks in advance

Regards

did you install FAkeSMC.kext in System/Library/Extensions ?

make sure, you have set permissions...

Also updated here to DP3. All Works perfectly, I have just replaced patched applehda and Trim enabler kext. As someone said, with xpc it starts only in verbose mode...

NOTE: I've seen that the log startup in dp3 is more clean than in DP2...maybe also more fast (i cannot confirm this because i have installed lion on an external 2,5" usb 2 HD)

NOTE2: finally my GFX 9800gt works as like in snow leopard, here the differences in opengl bench that i've made

First DP2

Second DP3

Third SNOW 10.6.7

post-449896-1302954607_thumb.png

post-449896-1302954618_thumb.png

post-449896-1302954625_thumb.png

Anyone know if that DP2 Update is available as a download package, instead of via Software Update? Or is there a location where the update package is stored for SU?

Like to have it on hand, instead of being forced to re-download it (if I must) on my slow connection.

It should be located here:

Library/Updates/041-0836/LionSWUpdate.pkg

Make sure to copy it to another place once it has finished downloading. It probably will be deleted by Mac OS. In my case the install didn't go well and I had to reboot (10 secs were left and took one hour or so).

If you want sound change your layout id in your DSDT...

Hello,

well couldn't find any working tool for DSDT edit under Lion.

Tried a few LegacyHDA + HDEnabler.kext ---) sound SPDIF out is working again!

I know I have patched my DSDT for SL but can't open it here in Lion to check which ID I have in there - well as long it's working again with AppleHDA from SL I don't care. :(

Hello,

well couldn't find any working tool for DSDT edit under Lion.

Tried a few LegacyHDA + HDEnabler.kext ---) sound SPDIF out is working again!

I know I have patched my DSDT for SL but can't open it here in Lion to check which ID I have in there - well as long it's working again with AppleHDA from SL I don't care. ^_^

...something wrong with TextEdit? =/

@STLVNUB: ty for that code :)

Damn! The update to DP2 refuses to let DP2 boot again. This is using XPC, after removing Platformservices.plist, making sure it wasn't the EFI/GFX string. I also tried [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] (which worked before), and netkas' boot (which works once in a blue moon), and they all stop on or shortly after pci configuration begin.

Anyone else with the same experience? Maybe I'm forgetting something simple.

Damn! The update to DP2 refuses to let DP2 boot again. This is using XPC, after removing Platformservices.plist, making sure it wasn't the EFI/GFX string. I also tried [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] (which worked before), and netkas' boot (which works once in a blue moon), and they all stop on or shortly after pci configuration begin.

Anyone else with the same experience? Maybe I'm forgetting something simple.

Add a -v modifier to [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], works that way

Add a -v modifier to [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], works that way

Adding -v modifier just puts in verbose mode

The "PCI configuration begin" appears to be a major problem for the DP2 install. Any help?

imo verbose booting is just aesthetics and has nothing to do with how well the system performs. it'll get ironed out by june.

I downloaded and saved the update from my MBP and updated to 11A430e on the hackintosh by booting into Snow Leopard and applying the update to the Lion disk. Then copy back the working texts for my hardware. Finally removed AppleTyMCEDriver kext and Platformservices.plist.

All is well.

thanks pinarek. however im well versed with the command switches. im just pointing out the fact that at the stage in development, it shouldn't matter if we see a gui or verbose. in fact i prefer verbose in both OS X and Linux.

I get a kp with AppleTyMCEDriver kext in S/L/E when i booted. I haven't researched what the driver is for or if any adverse effects removing it. but removing the driver get rid of the kp.

I made an AnVAL (5.1.4) for Lion.

It boots like PC EFI 10.6 for Lion from Netkas.

It supports lots more features though...

Download source patch:

http://rapidshare.com/files/455493508/valv..._Patch.diff.zip

Download boot loader:

http://rapidshare.com/files/455493526/AnVAL_Lion.zip

It works great on my Asus P8P67 Deluxe (Sandy Bridge), no more slow Video/System issues. Same DP issues like PC_EFI from Netkas, but i expected this.

Thanks for this build!

It works great on my Asus P8P67 Deluxe (Sandy Bridge), no more slow Video/System issues. Same DP issues like PC_EFI from Netkas, but i expected this.

Thanks for this build!

Hi mate..

Could you put step by step what you did, 'cause, I' m more than a week trying install it on a GA-P67A-UD3...

I'm stopped after the boot, on "loading drivers" after select "base system"...to install

How should use the two files on your post..how make the boot and the use of .diff..

thank you