Mac OS X Lion (Developer Preview) Released

harrydeo

1,521 posts in this topic

Hi there, this is mine OpenCL info:

1 OpenCL platform found!

[Platform 0]
Name: 		Apple
Vendor: 	Apple
Version: 	OpenCL 1.1 (Apr 21 2011 19:54:46)
Profile: 	FULL_PROFILE
Extensions: 			cl_APPLE_SetMemObjectDestructor cl_APPLE_ContextLoggingFunctions cl_APPLE_clut cl_APPLE_query_kernel_names cl_APPLE_gl_sharing cl_khr_gl_event

[OpenCL-only Context]
2 OpenCL devices found!

[Device 0]
Name: 			Intel® Celeron® CPU        E3400  @ 2.60GHz
Vendor: 		Intel
Type: 			CPU 
Device Version: 	OpenCL 1.1 
Driver Version: 	1.1
Compute Units: 		2
Work Group Size: 	1024
Clock: 			2600 MHz
Global Memory (Total): 	4096 MB
Global Memory (Host): 	4096 MB
Global Memory (PCIe): 	0 MB
Local Memory: 		32 KB
Cache Size: 		0.0625 KB
Cache Line Size: 	1048576 Bytes
Available: 		Yes
Double-Precision: 	Yes
Extensions: 
			cl_APPLE_SetMemObjectDestructor
			cl_APPLE_ContextLoggingFunctions
			cl_APPLE_clut
			cl_APPLE_query_kernel_names
			cl_APPLE_gl_sharing
			cl_khr_gl_event
			cl_khr_fp64
			cl_khr_global_int32_base_atomics
			cl_khr_global_int32_extended_atomics
			cl_khr_local_int32_base_atomics
			cl_khr_local_int32_extended_atomics
			cl_khr_byte_addressable_store
			cl_khr_int64_base_atomics
			cl_khr_int64_extended_atomics
			cl_khr_3d_image_writes
			cl_APPLE_fp64_basic_ops
			cl_APPLE_fixed_alpha_channel_orders
			cl_APPLE_biased_fixed_point_image_formats

[Device 1]
Name: 			ATI Radeon Redwood XT Prototype
Vendor: 		AMD
Type: 			GPU 
Driver Version: 	1.0
Compute Units: 		5
Clock: 			1000 MHz
Global Memory: 		512 MB
Cache Size: 		0 KB
Cache Line Size: 	0 Bytes
Double-Precision: 	No
Extensions: 
			cl_APPLE_clut
			cl_APPLE_gl_sharing
			cl_khr_gl_event
			cl_khr_3d_image_writes

[shared OpenCL+OpenGL Context]
2 OpenCL devices found!

[Device 0]
Name: 			ATI Radeon Redwood XT Prototype
Vendor: 		AMD
Type: 			GPU 
Driver Version: 	1.0
Compute Units: 		5
Clock: 			1000 MHz
Global Memory: 		512 MB
Cache Size: 		0 KB
Cache Line Size: 	0 Bytes
Double-Precision: 	No
Extensions: 
			cl_APPLE_clut
			cl_APPLE_gl_sharing
			cl_khr_gl_event
			cl_khr_3d_image_writes

[Device 1]
Name: 			Intel® Celeron® CPU        E3400  @ 2.60GHz
Vendor: 		Intel
Type: 			CPU 
Driver Version: 	1.1
Compute Units: 		2
Clock: 			2600 MHz
Global Memory (Total): 	4096 MB
Global Memory (Host): 	4096 MB
Global Memory (PCIe): 	0 MB
Cache Size: 		0.0625 KB
Cache Line Size: 	1048576 Bytes
Double-Precision: 	Yes
Extensions: 
			cl_APPLE_clut
			cl_APPLE_gl_sharing
			cl_khr_gl_event
			cl_khr_fp64
			cl_khr_int64_base_atomics
			cl_khr_int64_extended_atomics
			cl_khr_3d_image_writes
			cl_APPLE_fp64_basic_ops
			cl_APPLE_fixed_alpha_channel_orders
			cl_APPLE_biased_fixed_point_image_formats

Latest update worked fine on macbook pro. It didn't work on my P5W hackintosh.

It downloaded just fine but after logging out during the shut down process ....... it started the installation but failed. I tried pulling the update out of library/update and installing several ways : from another installation, as root, and in pacifist. All failed - saying the checksum for several files was incorrect. I've downloaded the update several times all failed.

Is there a link where this can be downloaded a s a stand alone installation ?

Thanks

Hi!

Why do I get this screen right before the desktop appears? (In dp2,dp3 and dp4)

post-12287-1304198155_thumb.jpg

It happens using either Natit, NVEnabler, ATY_init, dsdt injection, efi string...

My graphics card is a gtx260 which is working perfectly under SL and Lion DP1. Anybody has a clue?

Thanks

Hi!

Why do I get this screen right before the desktop appears? (In dp2,dp3 and dp4)

post-12287-1304198155_thumb.jpg

It happens using either Natit, NVEnabler, ATY_init, dsdt injection, efi string...

My graphics card is a gtx260 which is working perfectly under SL and Lion DP1. Anybody has a clue?

Thanks

Same problem here, but I have 9400GT ;)

I installed the DP2, then update to 11a444d, but can't boot into GUI. I tried to replace the Extensions from previous 11a430e backup, but still not booting.

I had the same problem. Had to update to 11a430e after installing dp2 and then update to 11a444d

Can someone please help. Ive read threw theses pages and I didn't see anybody with this issue.

Every time I boot Lion I get pages of reading extensions. I checked my boot.plist and the is no flag commands.post-224481-1304202675_thumb.jpg

Thanks

*edit* Thanks rlf. Guess I didn't read go enough.

Can someone please help. Ive read threw theses pages and I didn't see anybody with this issue.

Every time I boot Lion I get pages of reading extensions. I checked my boot.plist and the is no flag commands.

Actually, there are lots of postings about this. Chameleon does not play well with the new kernelcache in Lion. Depending upon which bootloader you are using, you can try these solutions:

a. try a bootflag of -usecache

or

b. make an mkext: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1675694

I am happy to report that on my machine Lion works well enough with the latest update (11A444d).

There are 2 things that don't work on my installation. First the HDA a889 on my board with the default kext does not work but if I install the kext from the snow leopard installation it works grate.

The second is that when I put the PC in sleep and wake it up it reboots and resets the CMOS.

I am happy to report that on my machine Lion works well enough with the latest update (11A444d).

There are 2 things that don't work on my installation. First the HDA a889 on my board with the default kext does not work but if I install the kext from the snow leopard installation it works grate.

The second is that when I put the PC in sleep and wake it up it reboots and resets the CMOS.

For sound check this:-

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...941&st=960#

Have anyone found a working battery kext for Lion ? .. i have tested both voodoobattery.kext and appleACPIbattery.kext.. both cause KP..

We've worked hard on making a non-double faulting bootloader (the credits go to cparm for this).

I've constructed a PC EFI 10.6 that will work on both Lion and older.

It is no longer required to use the kernelcache (you can use also Extensions.mkext or just .kext files)

This is only the first step in the line, next will be an AnVAL and I'm sure cparm will release stuff too :)

I've also attached atom / new Celeron patched kernel but it'll only work for 64bit cpu's (apple is dropping their legacy 32bit support since Lion with every step...).

Even with DP1 and perfect bootloader and patched kernel it'll halt execution after launchd is launched so...

I've done the same test on an i7 and it loaded very fast without issues...

Patch for Snow Leopard PC EFI 10.6 is also included...

Kernel for DP2 Atom / New celeron 64bit:

https://rapidshare.com/files/459219349/kern...on_DP2_Atom.zip

Hi I am posting this message here as it seems you are in contact with the people doing bootloader development.

The above boot loader does not recognize a leas certain sandi bridge cpus, mainly H67 one.

When I use this to generate pstates, I get the message that the processor is not known and by passes the Pstate generation. Perhaps you could help.

Here is the url to the processor spec and detail: http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=52219

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

Artimess

XPC 0.83.05 is working, as is, without ANY DSDT, adding some kexts in "EFI/XPC/extra_kext/common" , nearly"OTB" for me ( only AppleHDA from 10.6.7) with last update, 64Bits.

I think, after using alternatively Chameleons 3,4,5..., PC_EFI... etc, that's the best.

PC_EFI is the best for choosing between Mac 10.7 and Win 7 or Win 2008 server.

XPC 0.83.05 is working, as is, without ANY DSDT, adding some kexts in "EFI/XPC/extra_kext/common" , nearly"OTB" for me ( only AppleHDA from 10.6.7) with last update, 64Bits.

I think, after using alternatively Chameleons 3,4,5..., PC_EFI... etc, that's the best.

PC_EFI is the best for choosing between Mac 10.7 and Win 7 or Win 2008 server.

i'm bored to test dozen bootloaders..

and I hate those recend that boots fine but override some parts of my lappie.. parts that I precisely WANT to have and define in my DSDT!

believe me: to be sure I tried to write bad commands.. in PTS WAK etc.. to see that the os crash if executes those commands.. and.. no way to see them

My opinion is that the bootloaders override a part of the ACPI.. and bypass our mods.

so I tried from rc1 to rc4.. KP

from asere to rc5 640.. so and so

til rc5 752 and anval lionsnow.. no KP

My dsdt has already a good dsdt.. wak/PST/EC are not executed

and Video/RTC/HPET/SMBUS/LPC/USB/SATA are instead fine!!

so I start vanilla with no disabler, no nullcpu, no evoreboot or openhalt

only fakesmc (but 3,1 cos 1.0 or 2.5 cause os hang at boot) and voodoops2,voodoopstate,voodoohda

I'm trying to do setup .. dozen of setup.. but .. i'm tired!

and the newer {censored} is that I have no sleep anymore.. since 1 week

so my question is: with a MBR snow.. what bootloader you siggest me to have a good start but to use my ACPI tables.. without injections that I DON't want to HAVE?

the second question is:

because I see that combination of FAKESMC(1-2.5-3.1) AND Openhalt/EVO AND DSDT AND BOOTLOADR (Cham rc2->rc5/Asere/Anval/PCEfi) gave different responses.. what combination you think is better in a platform standard (I mean Intel chipset (ich9->ich10) and DCDuo?

bye

Have anyone found a working battery kext for Lion ? .. i have tested both voodoobattery.kext and appleACPIbattery.kext.. both cause KP..

using voodobttery on lion working sweet, no problem what so ever

using voodobttery on lion working sweet, no problem what so ever

Hmm.. the one i have tested gives me KP (tested with both [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and chameleon) .. could you attach yours ?

Already posted in Chameleon 752 thread, but noone cares:

I can´t install Lion anymore. NO version of XPC or [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] will start from NO USB stick (tried 7 different), new Chameleon starts install, but i always get stuck randomly at different points of the install with the following BSOD:

post-65306-1304283360_thumb.jpg

Anyone have an idea what could cause that??? With 1 version of XPC i was able to install, but i don´t remember which version it was, and can´t find the files any more :/

System in sig and FakeSMC 3.1 ...

Cheers

Goron

(Sleep: PC restarts instead of wake up)

try it

_PTS

Method (_PTS, 1, NotSerialized)
{
	Store (Zero, \_SB.PCI0.LPCB.AG3E)
	If (LEqual (Arg0, 0x05))
	{
		Store (Zero, SLPE)
		Sleep (0x10)
	}
}

LPCB

OperationRegion (LPC0, PCI_Config, 0xA4, 0x02)
			Field (LPC0, ByteAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
			{
				AG3E,   1
			}

Thank you very much, MaLDoN. I've tried your fixes, but in _PTS I've had to cut the line that says

Store (Zero, SLPE)

because SLPE doesn't exist in my DSDT. Removing this line, iasl compiles without errors and sleep works (at least from the button in the apple menu or in the restart/shutdown dialog), no more restarts and Lion wakes up from mouse or power button.

Thanks again.

BTW, is there any easy way to add SLPE as an OperationRegion or into another side?

I'm having issues starting the Lion installer.

Using Chameleon 2 RC5 with patched mach_kernel.

My system has an Atom 330 and a GMA950 and I'm thinking one of these is probably the cause.

Runs snow leopard fine, but having issues getting Lion to boot. When I go to launch the installer, chameleon starts loading all of the kexts and as soon as the screen is supposed to switch to white text/black background for verbose mode I just get a black screen. My CPU fans get quiet and HDD stops spinning as well.

I tried with -x -v -f arch=i386, and it didn't make any difference.

I also tried with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 1.2 and am stuck on "Booting to Verbose Mode, Please Wait..."

Anybody have any suggestions?

EDIT: using my iphone I was able to get this picture. It seems my GMA950 8086:2772 isn't supported yet... :/

photo.PNG

EDIT 2: Actually, after restarting into leopard and noticing the same message flash by, I'm thinking that's just Chameleon saying that my GMA950 isn't supported by it's GraphicsEnabler, which may mean I still have hope here.

I'm having issues starting the Lion installer.

Using Chameleon 2 RC5 with patched mach_kernel.

My system has an Atom 330 and a GMA950 and I'm thinking one of these is probably the cause.

Runs snow leopard fine, but having issues getting Lion to boot. When I go to launch the installer, chameleon starts loading all of the kexts and as soon as the screen is supposed to switch to white text/black background for verbose mode I just get a black screen. My CPU fans get quiet and HDD stops spinning as well.

I tried with -x -v -f arch=i386, and it didn't make any difference.

I also tried with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 1.2 and am stuck on "Booting to Verbose Mode, Please Wait..."

Anybody have any suggestions?

EDIT: using my iphone I was able to get this picture. It seems my GMA950 8086:2772 isn't supported yet... :/

photo.PNG

EDIT 2: Actually, after restarting into leopard and noticing the same message flash by, I'm thinking that's just Chameleon saying that my GMA950 isn't supported by it's GraphicsEnabler, which may mean I still have hope here.

I have exactly the same issue runing on my eeepc except my VGA is 8086:27ae

Edit: Full

Partial success on my dual VGA (nvidia + ATI) setup. :)

Now the only thing left is testing it without the ATI card.

Edit:

Single card (GTX 570) works as well!! But there seems to be a problem with performance. When having two cards installed the GTX had about 43fps and now only 10fps in Cinebench's OpenGL benchmark. QE/CI seems to be working though. However it still shows only 512MB out of 1248MB VRAM.

Mine was also stuck on "PCI config begin", but after a couple seconds the screen changed to black, grey and blue and then......Voila! there was the Lion desktop. My first successful boot and login after 7hours and trying out many different things.

I think what really happens there..... the screen is actually freezed and Mac OS is continuing loading kexts etc.

You can test it when you press space or enter key. Usually you can see moving the cursor.

ATIinit loaded my GTX 570 as a generic GeForce with 512MB RAM. Ok, that needs to be corrected in the future, but QE/CI seems to work fine because of the water ripples in Dashboard. :D

There is one more thing though. I need to do some restarts and delete

System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches

because it often hangs at

nstat lookup entry failed: 2

nspace-handler-set-snapshot-time: 1303230505

Does anybody know what that could mean? :D

I don't know exactly, I guess it's because of random 0s and 1s bits left in the VRAM of the graphics card.

In my case the ATI 5770 shows sometimes the same before getting to the login screen (=first time initializing high level QE/CI driver so to speak). Sometimes I have to do a restart because the monitor turns on and off itself.

I've never had these symptoms when I had a GTX 275 on Snow Leopard though.

Hello,

Someone can help me for the installation of my nvidia gtx 570 in Lion Dp2? I have modified the info.plist in NVDAGF100Hal.kext by adding the id 1081 but it's doesn't work... I use ATY_INIT, manifestations but the card isn't detected and I have a bad resolution...

Thank you!

Regards

Sachaaaz