On legality and Leopard...

Swad

53 posts in this topic

Due to consultation with the EFF, we believe it prudent to remove any threads and/or posts that pertain to the downloading of leaked versions of Leopard.

As you all know, we don't support the sharing of copyrighted materials - we simply open this forum for you to talk about the things you like. When those things interfere with Apple's intellectual property, however, we have to act.

What does this mean? Well, it means that for the time being, everyone is free to discuss what they want about Leopard. Due to the recent court rulings regarding ThinkSecret et al, we believe that Apple will allow discussion of upcoming features by those not bound by a non-disclosure agreement.

The bottomline is this: we want to keep this forum a friendly and free place for you to discuss the things that matter to you the most. In order for us to do this, we have to take the common sense measures to protect you and ourselves.

Thanks for your understanding in this matter.

-Mash

• 1 month later...

You probably are... I don't know how many people are paying registred developers and went to WWDC. I'm assuming your a developer though...

You probably are... I don't know how many people are paying registred developers and went to WWDC. I'm assuming your a developer though...

Yeah, I went, I wasn't too happy with the Keynote, like most people, but, unlike most people, I got to fool around with Core Animation, so that's good.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
why? does it hurt anyone ? it is providing you software and other stuff.

Really simple

1) You like the software so you think it worth its money and you pay for it (because they have made a good job).

2) You think the software is too expensive for what you get so don't use it, and use alternatives (like linux).

When you want to buy a car, you don't STEAL a lamborghini, you just buy a car that fit your budget.

When you want to buy some food but you think it's too expensive, you don't STEAL it, you just buy another one.

What happens if everybody use piracy software ?

How the new release of Mac OS X you are all crying for will be out with no money for developpers dude ?

I think its a bit stupid to suddenly sound of about piracy months after the thread effectively closed - esspecially on this forum.

and yeah your right, I should really shell out for that £3000 copy of 2003 server or whatever it is for Tiger Server so I can learn how these things work for my course - like hell.

hence your both fascists and I dont really care if you think I'm a thief. Microsoft is worse than any of us. :-D

Heh, im going to use software whether or not i pay for it :thumbsup_anim: , if i cant find a crack, i'll patch it myself, freedom of knowledge, so all you whiners, go suck on a fat one

I think its a bit stupid to suddenly sound of about piracy months after the thread effectively closed - esspecially on this forum.

and yeah your right, I should really shell out for that £3000 copy of 2003 server or whatever it is for Tiger Server so I can learn how these things work for my course - like hell.

hence your both fascists and I dont really care if you think I'm a thief. Microsoft is worse than any of us. :-D

Usually you call people facist when you have no argument (some reading for you http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law).

Anyway, Microsoft is providing 180 days trial 2003 server for evaluation (if you need more than 180 days to learn how is working windows then you are stupid). So, yes, you are a thief.

Another thing, why learn a tool that Apple or Microsoft want to charge for even for an educational purpose ?

Just learn something else (*BSD, Solaris 10, Linux) and let them die with their stupidity.

And if it's really for your course, they should give you all the tools you need and not rely on piracy.

When you want to buy a car, you don't STEAL a lamborghini, you just buy a car that fit your budget.

When you want to buy some food but you think it's too expensive, you don't STEAL it, you just buy another one.

But can you download a Lamborghini? :)