DSDT Auto-Patcher

MaLd0n

5,753 posts in this topic

System profiler says that I have only one EHCI ( USB 2.0 Port ), but all of them are USB 2.0, fix for this ? I'm using Chameleon RC5 r700. It's just my USB Soundcard is making terrible noises and disconnects frequently, and it never gets recognized as USB 2.0, but USB 1.0.

System profiler says that I have only one EHCI ( USB 2.0 Port ), but all of them are USB 2.0, fix for this ? I'm using Chameleon RC5 r700. It's just my USB Soundcard is making terrible noises and disconnects frequently, and it never gets recognized as USB 2.0, but USB 1.0.

EHCI 2.0

UHCI 1.0

try with USBBusFix=Yes

Dear MaLd0n, I see now that I compared my working DSDT with your fixed one, that you're replacing all instances of DMA1 to DMAC. Allow me to say that this is not really necessary. Only Device (DMA1) > (DMAC) and not the variable DMA1; the variables DMA0 and DMA1 are used in a Method of Device (SATA) ! I prefer variables to stay the same :D

I think you should fix this change; I only renamed my DSDT for the Device itself, not the variable!

If you agree, can you please report it to the general fixes of DSDT Editor thread, too?

Also, did you check the "bug" with the report error I mentioned, earlier?

Cheers!

EDIT: Also, why are you adding Device (MCEH) at all?

Device (MCEH)
	{
		Name (_HID, EisaId ("APP0006"))
		Name (_GPE, 0x17)
		Name (_STA, 0x0B)
	}

I think (_GPE, 0x17) doesn't really point to anything in _GPE code... Just curious... :ninja:

This device was found in MacPro3,1 only, and it followed right after Device (PWRB). Not seen it since!

Dear MaLd0n, I see now that I compared my working DSDT with your fixed one, that you're replacing all instances of DMA1 to DMAC. Allow me to say that this is not really necessary. Only Device (DMA1) > (DMAC) and not the variable DMA1; the variables DMA0 and DMA1 are used in a Method of Device (SATA) ! I prefer variables to stay the same B)

I'll look into it ;)

Also, did you check the "bug" with the report error I mentioned, earlier?

I need the original DSDT

I have no way to correct an error that happened on your pc

I need to see

This device was found in MacPro3,1 only, and it followed right after Device (PWRB). Not seen it since!

in scope _SB

no matter the location

it will load

com.apple.driver.AppleMCEDriver

look at GPE in original DSDT Apple

nothing

I thought that too

but as read

the work was done

Just curious... :D (2)

I have a copy of my dsdt.aml, would you be able to patch it with that file only? I'm not running Os X right now, since I can't get it to boot.

send me

OK, MaLD0n thanks for the tip. Indeed, on my first mobo (as MacPro3,1) and my new Core i7 (as iMac11,1) I inserted in both the Device MCEH and I now get with kextstat: com.apple.driver.AppleMCEDriver (1.1.9) for Snow Leopard 10.6.6.

However, the patch for sleep and to avoid checking the Energy Saver option "Start up automatically after a power failure" doesn't work. It actually broke my sleep and the system reboots!

Can you please PM me the actual, initial DSDT hack so I can study it? I added the two new variables needed (SLPE and AG3E) but I see you remove the line where it says Store (0x99, SMIP) so I might be missing something else in the code!

Cheers!

EDIT: Can you please point us to the appropriate link/thread/post for the latest and best working lspci 32/64-bit for Snow Leopard? I'd be obliged :)

OK, MaLD0n thanks for the tip. Indeed, on my first mobo (as MacPro3,1) and my new Core i7 (as iMac11,1) I inserted in both the Device MCEH and I now get with kextstat: com.apple.driver.AppleMCEDriver (1.1.9) for Snow Leopard 10.6.6.

However, the patch for sleep and to avoid checking the Energy Saver option "Start up automatically after a power failure" doesn't work. It actually broke my sleep and the system reboots!

Can you please PM me the actual, initial DSDT hack so I can study it? I added the two new variables needed (SLPE and AG3E) but I see you remove the line where it says Store (0x99, SMIP) so I might be missing something else in the code!

Cheers!

EDIT: Can you please point us to the appropriate link/thread/post for the latest and best working lspci 32/64-bit for Snow Leopard? I'd be obliged :)

send me your current DSDT and kextstat

Use EvoToolsX

my DSDT(shutdown)

Method (_PTS, 1, NotSerialized)
{
	Or (Arg0, 0xF0, Local0)
	Store (Local0, DBG1)
	Store (Zero, \_SB.PCI0.LPCB.AG3E)
	If (LEqual (Arg0, 0x05))
	{
		Store (Zero, SLPE)
		Sleep (0x10)
	}
}

current

Method (_PTS, 1, NotSerialized)
{
	Or (Arg0, 0xF0, Local0)
	Store (Local0, DBG1)
	OSTP ()
	If (LEqual (Arg0, One)) {}
	If (LEqual (Arg0, 0x03)) {}
	If (LEqual (Arg0, 0x05))
	{
		Store (One, \_SB.PCI0.LPCB.AG3E)
		Store (Zero, SLPE)
		Sleep (0x10)
	}
	Else
	{
		Store (Zero, \_SB.PCI0.LPCB.AG3E)
	}

If (LEqual (Arg0, 0x04))
	{
		If (LNot (PICF))
		{
			Sleep (0x64)
		}
	}

Hello friends!

How to create a DTDS for my ASUS M3N78-VM motherboar (AMD)?

I do not understand absolutely nothing about DTDs, but I like to create a list and apply it in SL.

the chiset this MB is MCP78S

video nvidia geforce 9500 gt

processor AMD x2 5200+ (2.7ghz)

Thanks!

(sorry for my bad english)

Hello friends!

How to create a DTDS for my ASUS M3N78-VM motherboar (AMD)?

I do not understand absolutely nothing about DTDs, but I like to create a list and apply it in SL.

the chiset this MB is MCP78S

video nvidia geforce 9500 gt

processor AMD x2 5200+ (2.7ghz)

Thanks!

(sorry for my bad english)

send me

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=81816

:)

Hello all,

I have a question about the last" last update on 01/17/2011".

My motherboard is in the list but I am forced to use AHCIPortInjector.kext for information system Intel ICH9R and IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext for not having the orange disk icons.

Use DSDT auto-Patcher under Windows XP and have its motherboard in the list does not solve this problem dectection ?

Or we must apply the patches that are in the file P5K Premium Wi-fi (patch.txt) to solve this problem ?

Sorry my english bad because i'm french.

Thank you very much.

DSDT.zip

Hello all,

I have a question about the last" last update on 01/17/2011".

My motherboard is in the list but I am forced to use AHCIPortInjector.kext for information system Intel ICH9R and IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext for not having the orange disk icons.

Use DSDT auto-Patcher under Windows XP and have its motherboard in the list does not solve this problem dectection ?

Or we must apply the patches that are in the file P5K Premium Wi-fi (patch.txt) to solve this problem ?

Sorry my english bad because i'm french.

Thank you very much.

this fix is not being used

problems with HotPlug among others

the fix is this

use DSDT EDITOR and PATCHER

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=223205

ESB2

into method label _DSM parent_adr 0x001F0002 remove_entry;
into device name_adr 0x001F0002 insert
begin
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
Store (Package (0x02)\n
	{\n
		"device-id", \n
		Buffer (0x04)\n
		{\n
			0x81, 0x26, 0x00, 0x00\n
		}\n
	}, Local0)\n
DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))\n
Return (Local0)\n
}
end

Dell Precision M4400 with latest A24 bios.

Here is the file as requested, I will update the thread here with the users for this machine with your DSDT of fine work!

Thank you very much sir!

Yours,

Taylor

dsdt.taylorsyn.zip

DTGP

EHCI

IRQs

LPC

PNLF

RENAME

RTC

SMBUS

UHCI

Hi Mald0n - P5QL-EPU Please, I patched my DSDT a long time ago but its a mess really although it works well, and a few others use this board so worth adding I reckon.

Kernel text might be messed up as this install was previously used on a different mobo, booted a few times on the p5ql though.

Cheers for all the good work

send_me.zip

@ MaLd0n

maybe you can add my Mainboard to your Autopatcher??

It's a Gigabyte M57SLI-S4 AMD Board

Not that new, but still in usage...

If not possible due to not worth anymore, maybe you are willing/able to check the post and help myself for a proper DSDT???

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1629668

I added the send_me.zip for you...

Many many thanks in advance!!!

URBANsUNITED

send_me.zip

Thanks for the prompt response. Here I upload the file.

Greetings.

---

Gracias por la pronta respuesta. Aquí subo el archivo.

Saludos.

dsdt.pgsubuntu.zip

:)

-------------------------------------------------------------

I tried smcK-Stat-i, but it launches and shows the info in the menu bar for a second and then quits. Is there some way to keep it running on my system?

Same thing happens to me in an ASUS M3N78-VM.

mald0n20110124s175851.png

kexts in System/Library/Extensions?

-----------------------------------------------------------

@ MaLd0n

maybe you can add my Mainboard to your Autopatcher??

It's a Gigabyte M57SLI-S4 AMD Board

Not that new, but still in usage...

If not possible due to not worth anymore, maybe you are willing/able to check the post and help myself for a proper DSDT???

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1629668

I added the send_me.zip for you...

Many many thanks in advance!!!

URBANsUNITED

dsdt.URBANsUNITED.zip

:P