DSDT Auto-Patcher

MaLd0n

5,753 posts in this topic

Here is the kextstat:

I thought you could have a kext for it

but I was wrong

MaLd0n, if you have time could you check this I just made in Windows to see if it conforms ok?

Thanks!

ok

all you need is in DSDT

Hello MaLd0n,

can you help me?

I have ACER 5738G. I use a dsdt created by user "Acero" for a different bios version. Problems: speedstep don' t working,and i can't use alc888 but only voodoohda, that cause random kernel panic at boot.

send_me.zip with dsdt by acero and dsdt nomod (extract from windows) is attached.

Thank you.

dsdt.aledifra.zip

why do you think the speedstep not working?

if you use VoodooHda, delete AppleHda or use the disabler

AppleHDADisabler.kext.zip

HDEF + VoodooHda = Problem

I seem to have found the problem with Cpu Power Management. System profiler thinks that I run Core2Solo, instead of core2duo. Anyone know how to fix this?

If this is OT please pm me. Thanks!

Also Check your Bios Setting for "CPUMaXID" and make sure it is disabled if you have it.......

Hi MaLd0n,

Nice to see that somebody help us for the hard DSDT-make solution of our MOBOs.

Here is my send_me.zip.

You are my last hope .. I try almost everything to do DSDT for my MOBO, but without any succes .. :(

My configuration is:

AsRock Wolfdale Glan-m

Intel Pentium Dual Core E2160 (2.81Ghz) Clocked

ATI Sapphire HD4670

2x1GB DDR2 667

Now I`m running Retail 10.6.6, but with kexts..

Hi MaLd0n,

Nice to see that somebody help us for the hard DSDT-make solution of our MOBOs.

Here is my send_me.zip.

You are my last hope .. I try almost everything to do DSDT for my MOBO, but without any succes .. :(

My configuration is:

AsRock Wolfdale Glan-m

Intel Pentium Dual Core E2160 (2.81Ghz) Clocked

ATI Sapphire HD4670

2x1GB DDR2 667

Now I`m running Retail 10.6.6, but with kexts..

dsdt.bmas.zip

ALIAS

DTGP

HID/CID

IRQs

LPC

REMOVE

RENAME

SMBUS

SHUTDOWN

FIX WARNING

restart, NullCPUPowerManagement and SleepEnabler

Problems? post a photo

HPET problem

Thank you MaLd0n!

I think that speedstep not working because voodoo monitor show me 6 p-state but the status shows that used only 2 stats, P1 and p3.

Bye

dsdt.aledifra.zip

why do you think the speedstep not working?

if you use VoodooHda, delete AppleHda or use the disabler

AppleHDADisabler.kext.zip

HDEF + VoodooHda = Problem

manually apply

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=224878

Thanks,

I will make a try and then I will post the result ..

ok

dsdt.bmas.zip

ALIAS

DTGP

HID/CID

IRQs

LPC

REMOVE

RENAME

SMBUS

SHUTDOWN

FIX WARNING

restart, NullCPUPowerManagement and SleepEnabler <--- remove, see the first post

Problems? post a photo

HPET problem

Thanks a lot MaLd0n.. I confirm that the DSDT is working .. Restart - work, Sleep - work..

But there is something to warry .. - The CPUs temp are more then 10 celsius higher now, then before.. :P

Thanks a lot MaLd0n.. I confirm that the DSDT is working .. Restart - work, Sleep - work..

But there is something to warry .. - The CPUs temp are more then 10 celsius higher now, then before.. :P

what's the temperature?

I applied a few things missing

test it

dsdt.Cobra03.zip

I applied a few things missing

test it

dsdt.Cobra03.zip

MaLd0n,

Thanks for the help!! However, I have CPU 1,2,3 with TSC sync error, and get reboot right away. Even using Busratio=13 and Fsb=133 still get reboot? So not sure what is going on?

Thank you for your time!!!

Before the DSDT (with the kexts) it was CPU~31-33celsius CORE1/2~24-27celsius, now is CPU~41celsius CORE1/2 39-44celsius..

41?

is a good temperature

do not worry about it

take the tests and see if performance has also improved

I have CPU 1,2,3 with TSC sync error

I do not know a solution for that

the bootloader should resolve this

which kernel are you using?

41?

is a good temperature

do not worry about it

take the tests and see if performance has also improved

What do you think .. Now I`m with Chameleon RC4 r684.. If I update to RC5 and add to boot.plist "P & C" states from the firs page.. does the temperatures can get normal like before .. :P ... or if update FakeSMC (now 2.7) or to remove ElliotForceLegacyRTC.. :(

What do you think .. Now I`m with Chameleon RC4 r684.. If I update to RC5 and add to boot.plist "P & C" states from the firs page.. does the temperatures can get normal like before .. :) ... or if update FakeSMC (now 2.7) or to remove ElliotForceLegacyRTC.. :)

use Chameleon RC5

fakesmc

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1643

remove ElliotForceLegacyRTC

40 is a normal temperature

kext nullcpupower not worth a {censored}

if I use this kext the temperature drops

my processor but misses many points in Geekbench

what's the use?

read about it

I've tried the stock mach_kernel and Legacy_kernel from NawCom both for 10.6.6. Using Rc5 r700 also.

very strange

I do not know how to solve this

Also Check your Bios Setting for "CPUMaXID" and make sure it is disabled if you have it.......

That was it! Now it shows up correctly as Core 2 Duo. Thank you very much!

BTW, I also want to thank the OP. After the correct cpu identification, I put the Auto Patcher DSDT.aml, removed Disabler.kext and everything works without k panic!

That was it! Now it shows up correctly as Core 2 Duo. Thank you very much!

BTW, I also want to thank the OP. After the correct cpu identification, I put the Auto Patcher DSDT.aml, removed Disabler.kext and everything works without k panic!

Great

I note that :)

Hi MaLd0n

I have an ASUS P6T WS PRO motherboard.

Many things works well, except the occasionally cmos date/time reset, and in the system profiler it shows that "This computer does not appear to have any PCI cards installed", so it's must be an irq issue (hope so), and this pci clearance is needed for my protools card working well.

My sendme is attachedfojerhar_send_me.zip

Thank you in advanced(all for your work)

use Chameleon RC5

fakesmc

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1643

remove ElliotForceLegacyRTC

40 is a normal temperature

kext nullcpupower not worth a {censored}

if I use this kext the temperature drops

my processor but misses many points in Geekbench

what's the use?

read about it

OK.. Finaly.. Delete all kexts from extra/extensions except FakeSMC... Put the dsdt.aml in Extra..

Conclusion - Perfect DSDT. Everything working .. Speedstep, Sleep, Shutdown, Restart .. and ect.

How I deside the "problem" with temperatures ..: - Instal Chameleon RC5 v700.. Enable SpeedStep in Bios .. and the temperatures drop with 5 to 10 degrees ..

Thanks a lot MaLd0n :)

Hi MaLd0n

I have an ASUS P6T WS PRO motherboard.

Many things works well, except the occasionally cmos date/time reset, and in the system profiler it shows that "This computer does not appear to have any PCI cards installed", so it's must be an irq issue (hope so), and this pci clearance is needed for my protools card working well.

My sendme is attachedfojerhar_send_me.zip

Thank you in advanced(all for your work)

What problem are you having with protools?

OK.. Finaly.. Delete all kexts from extra/extensions except FakeSMC... Put the dsdt.aml in Extra..

Conclusion - Perfect DSDT. Everything working .. Speedstep, Sleep, Shutdown, Restart .. and ect.

How I deside the "problem" with temperatures ..: - Instal Chameleon RC5 v700.. Enable SpeedStep in Bios .. and the temperatures drop with 5 to 10 degrees ..

Thanks a lot MaLd0n :)

will freeze :P

What problem are you having with protools?

I can use only one hd card, as I put one accel next to it, the system freezes with several dae errors, like 9162, 6039, 9031 wich most are communication problems. Digitest shows nothing error. As the system tries to use the voicing from 2 cards, there the problem begins( slows down, freezes the whole system). But with 1 is everything ok.

Thanks

will freeze :)

Better freeze then burn :)

Almost forget .. :P

Can I enable somehow my MOBO`s onboard audio .. Or can`t with this DSDT .. (I don`t want to try another because this one whom you done for me is perfect.. ).. It is not so important because I have Mac Compatible USB audio adapter, but if it could work, why not .. :)