LPC

RENAME

SMBUS

SHUTDOWN

FIX WARNINGS

send me the other DSDT

what is your motherboard?

Many thanks!

This is a Dell xps model 435MT; the motherboard shows up as Dell 0R849j when running SiSoftware Sandra.

I can't see any difference between this DSDT.aml and my previous one. Which is a good thing since I tried to use your dsdt patcher with the "generic" selection and the usb entries for the mouse where lost.

Note that the "power button" doesn't start a shutdown with either DSDT.aml ; probably something wrong with my kexts.

I've attached my previous DSDT.aml

DSDT.aml.zip

Many thanks!

This is a Dell xps model 435MT; the motherboard shows up as Dell 0R849j when running SiSoftware Sandra.

I can't see any difference between this DSDT.aml and my previous one. Which is a good thing since I tried to use your dsdt patcher with the "generic" selection and the usb entries for the mouse where lost.

Note that the "power button" doesn't start a shutdown with either DSDT.aml ; probably something wrong with my kexts.

I've attached my previous DSDT.aml

ok

I'll look into it

ok

I'll look into it

Thanks.

Do you see anything in my DSDT file that would stop my built-in bluetooth device from being seen?

Under windows 7, it shows up as USB\VID_413C&PID_8130 which should be vendor id and product ids in hex. But neither System Profiler or IORegistryExplorer see the device.

post-574630-1295570317_thumb.png

post-574630-1295570328_thumb.png

man

use native power management

NullCPUPowerManagement

other

OpenHaltRestart

see the first post

The DSDT is for you to have a system bordering on a real

that's where you're using is far from it

EDIT

WoW

PlatformUUID

man

use native power management

NullCPUPowerManagement <--- ????

other

OpenHaltRestart <--- ???

see the first post

The DSDT is for you to have a system bordering on a real

that's where you're using is far from it

EDIT

WoW

PlatformUUID <-- it is not used since World War II :thumbsup_anim:

I started with a guide that installed 10.5.0 and those were the things needed to get going at that time. :)

So, I updated the bootloader with the one in post #1 and removed NullCPUPowerManagement and OpenHaltRestart.

No change in the system operation (again - a good thing).

I've attached the results for run_me for this configuration.

Any other changes needed to get me to a more current setup?

Thanks again for the help!

send_me.zip

I started with a guide that installed 10.5.0 and those were the things needed to get going at that time. :thumbsup_anim:

So, I updated the bootloader with the one in post #1 and removed NullCPUPowerManagement and OpenHaltRestart.

No change in the system operation (again - a good thing).

I've attached the results for run_me for this configuration.

Any other changes needed to get me to a more current setup?

Thanks again for the help!

WoW

is getting good

com.apple.driver.AppleLPC (1.4.12)
AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement: Turbo Ratios

what problems you still have?

Hey there!

could someone please help me. I was quite happy with my dsdt. My system worked like charm until updating to 10.6.6, then I got KPs now i read that there are sometimes problems with dsdts

My dsdt contains already powermangement for my q9550 1st gen., wake from usb, Audio. lan works but not with bonjour by dsdt, that is why I use realtekrtl81xx.kext in s/l/e

Well I tried to use the dsdt auto patcher but I get the following error:

[Line 285 type Error message Object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.PX40.AG3E)]

[Line 291 type Error message Object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.PX40.AG3E)]

[Line 2224 type Error message Object is not accessible from this scope (ATT3)]

I used iasleme to extract dsdt on a real mac and loaded it into the autopatcher.

Could someone please check, because I do not have an idea wht is going wrong.

Or is the dsdt already fine and does not need to be patched and problem is located somewhere else. my kexts you can find in my signature.

thanks in advance!

DSDT.aml.zip

Hey there!

could someone please help me. I was quite happy with my dsdt. My system worked like charm until updating to 10.6.6, then I got KPs now i read that there are sometimes problems with dsdts

My dsdt contains already powermangement for my q9550 1st gen., wake from usb, Audio. lan works but not with bonjour by dsdt, that is why I use realtekrtl81xx.kext in s/l/e

Well I tried to use the dsdt auto patcher but I get the following error:

[Line 285 type Error message Object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.PX40.AG3E)]

[Line 291 type Error message Object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.PX40.AG3E)]

[Line 2224 type Error message Object is not accessible from this scope (ATT3)]

I used iasleme to extract dsdt on a real mac and loaded it into the autopatcher.

Could someone please check, because I do not have an idea wht is going wrong.

Or is the dsdt already fine and does not need to be patched and problem is located somewhere else. my kexts you can find in my signature.

thanks in advance!

If you are using the Mac OS version of DSDT Auto-Patcher, do NOT use a DSDT replacement in Chameleon when you run the app, or it will be used as base for patching instead of the original one from BIOS. If you have a dsdt.aml in / or /Extra (or a specified file for DSDT key in com.apple.Boot.plist), remove it and reboot before running the Auto-Patcher.

your DSDT is not a "virgin" :)

extract from Windows or Linux

or

remove, reboot and extract new

Is this good?

Yep

Use this kext

;)

@MaLdOn

I have a 2nd machine and it is a Gigabyte GA-945GCM-S2C (BIOS F6d) based machine and I'm struggling to get full sleep support.

I am running a vanilla 10.6.6 kernel from a retail install with native PM in Chameleon 5 (recent). I used your most recent DSDT Autopatcher to patch DSDT. I did it clean as you described so thatI wouldn't build off an existing DSDT.

My audio solution is device-ID modified AppleHDA from 10.6.6 plus pist-only LegacyHDA (ALC662.kext) plus HDEF in DSDT.aml.

Video is NVidia 7300GT, full support with Chameleon Graphics Injection.

Only additional KEXT in E/E is FakeSMC.

I am still having issues with the following:

No perfect Ethernet solution (Realtek 8101E). I have tried both the most recent Linux port for this NIC (RealtekRTL81xx.kext) and the older 32bit offering from the now defunct Psystar (RealtekR1000.kext). I can only get full support for my NIC (including Bonjour/Time Machine) with the Psystar R1000 driver. The Built-in Ethernet Fix in Chameleon doesn't make the situation better or worse.

Bigger problem is sleep. From my console log, it looks like I am fully supported for native PM and Speedstep, no HPET or LPC errors. (HPET however has to be on in the Chameleon CP to boot). My machine can only deep-sleep correctly if put to sleep manually. If it sleeps after a set idle time, it doesn't go into deep sleep (only monitor and disk spin-down). From a hint in another thread, I have tried a couple of different DVD mechanisms without any improvement. All internal drives including DVD are SATA.

I have included a ZIP file with both my current DSDT.aml and my com.apple.Boot.plist.

Thanks if you have any ideas...

GA_945GCM_S2C.zip

@MaLdOn

I have a 2nd machine and it is a Gigabyte GA-945GCM-S2C (BIOS F6d) based machine and I'm struggling to get full sleep support.

I am running a vanilla 10.6.6 kernel from a retail install with native PM in Chameleon 5 (recent). I used your most recent DSDT Autopatcher to patch DSDT. I did it clean as you described so thatI wouldn't build off an existing DSDT.

My audio solution is device-ID modified AppleHDA from 10.6.6 plus pist-only LegacyHDA (ALC662.kext) plus HDEF in DSDT.aml.

Video is NVidia 7300GT, full support with Chameleon Graphics Injection.

Only additional KEXT in E/E is FakeSMC.

I am still having issues with the following:

No perfect Ethernet solution (Realtek 8101E). I have tried both the most recent Linux port for this NIC (RealtekRTL81xx.kext) and the older 32bit offering from the now defunct Psystar (RealtekR1000.kext). I can only get full support for my NIC (including Bonjour/Time Machine) with the Psystar R1000 driver. The Built-in Ethernet Fix in Chameleon doesn't make the situation better or worse.

Bigger problem is sleep. From my console log, it looks like I am fully supported for native PM and Speedstep, no HPET or LPC errors. (HPET however has to be on in the Chameleon CP to boot). My machine can only deep-sleep correctly if put to sleep manually. If it sleeps after a set idle time, it doesn't go into deep sleep (only monitor and disk spin-down). From a hint in another thread, I have tried a couple of different DVD mechanisms without any improvement. All internal drives including DVD are SATA.

I have included a ZIP file with both my current DSDT.aml and my com.apple.Boot.plist.

Thanks if you have any ideas...

GA_945GCM_S2C.zip

it does not solve the problem?

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=182535

With your DSDT, EliottForceLegacyRTC.kext is needed - or CMOS is cleared. But that's not a big problem.

the fix was applied

Device (RTC)
               {
                   Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0B00"))
                   Name (BUF0, ResourceTemplate ()
                   {
                       IO (Decode16,
                           0x0070,             // Range Minimum
                           0x0070,             // Range Maximum
                           0x01,               // Alignment
                           0x0[color="#FF0000"][b]2[/b][/color],               // Length
                           )
                   })

Did some more digging in the console log and found tons of errors about my Brother scanner software failing to load. Must have come over in the user migration from Leo. Uninstalled the Brother {censored} and reinstalled from new 10.6 package on their site, and I now can do FULL AUTOMATIC DEEP SLEEP....

Thanks!

Did some more digging in the console log and found tons of errors about my Brother scanner software failing to load. Must have come over in the user migration from Leo. Uninstalled the Brother {censored} and reinstalled from new 10.6 package on their site, and I now can do FULL AUTOMATIC DEEP SLEEP....

Thanks!

WoW

:)

Hello MaLd0n,

I've got GA-P35-DS3P mobo and GTS 450 video.

I've tried many things to run stable Snow Leopard, but without success, and than I found this topic.

I've used DSDT from kexts.com and apply it with [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] and also tonymacx86 NVIDIA Update for the video. System boot and run and everything seems to work normal, but after some time it freezes.

I've checked your auto patcher for my mobo, and I haven't found it, so I'm attaching this.

Thank you!

I forgot to mention that I run the script in fresh install of SL without anything installed (bootloaders, kexts, patches etc.)

send_me.zip

Hello MaLd0n,

I've got GA-P35-DS3P mobo and GTS 450 video.

I've tried many things to run stable Snow Leopard, but without success, and than I found this topic.

I've used DSDT from kexts.com and apply it with [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] and also tonymacx86 NVIDIA Update for the video. System boot and run and everything seems to work normal, but after some time it freezes.

I've checked your auto patcher for my mobo, and I haven't found it, so I'm attaching this.

Thank you!

I forgot to mention that I run the script in fresh install of SL without anything installed (bootloaders, kexts, patches etc.)

"Extra" folder

Extra.zip

Chameleon RC5

Chameleon_v2.0_RC5_r709.zip

Nvidia(4xx)

many users complain of multiple crash

DTGP

HDEF

HID/CID

HPET

IRQs

RTC

SBUS

SHUTDOWN

EHCI

LPC

UHCI

REMOVED DEVICES

_WAK

Iam getting really slow usb transfer speeds using this dsdt...its showing 4 normal and 1 hi-speed

g31m-s2l

Is there anything i can do to improve this

ich7 Gigabyte do not need the fix UHCI

only the EHCI

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
			{
				Store (Package (0x04)
					{
						"AAPL,clock-id", 
						Buffer (One)
						{
							0x01
						}, 

"device_type", 
						Buffer (0x05)
						{
							"EHCI"
						}
					}, Local0)
				DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
				Return (Local0)
			}
		}

4 UHCI - 1.0

1 EHCI - 2.0