DSDT Auto-Patcher

MaLd0n

5,753 posts in this topic

WoW

is getting good

what problems you still have?

I've updated the system 10.6.6 and I'm now getting the Turbo Ratios 1112 in the kernel.log

I'm not understanding the com.apple.driver.AppleLPC (1.4.12) <9 5 4 3>

If I enable the power button sleep option in system preferences, the system responds and appears to go into deep sleep - hard drive spin down - display shuts off - and the power light goes into blink mode. Returning from sleep via the power buttons seems to work but the display doesn't restart.

BTW - I really like those Menu Meters in your first post .

I've attached my current send_me.zip with your DSDT.aml file in use.

send_me.zip

post-574630-1295739301_thumb.png

Hi MaLd0n,

With the new dsdt hangs......

I'll look into it

Returning from sleep via the power buttons seems to work but the display doesn't restart.

I had this same problem

was the video card

in one of these updates

was corrected

\õ>

figgy what is your sata settings in bios ? do you use ide ? or all sata ?

Serial ATA

but has no AHCI option

First of all, thanks for the great tool!

I used to use a hackintosh but had to format the hdd. Now I'm back, but have a bit of a DSDT issue.

I have an ASUS P5B mobo and when I put the DSDT your tool creates in the root of the drive, it's not used. I get a kernel panic from apple cpu power management. I know my computer is capabale of using it, since oldnapalm from DSDT editor thread made me a working DSDT. I tried using it now and I get the same error.

I reinstalled disabler kext so I can use the OS, but I have no idea what to do. BTW I use the latest build of Chameleon RC5 (699).

Other components of interest would be Core2Duo CPU and NVIDIA 8800 GTS 320MB graphics (added via EFI string).

I'm also attaching both patched DSDTs for your reference. Hope that you can help me and thank you once again!

Regards,

Mihailo

dsdt.zip

Hi,

Thanks for this great tool, I sucessfully used it to install retail OSX 10.6.0 and then update to 10.6.3.

Havn't noticed any issues yet but will update if there are,

Thanks MaLd0n

My hardware

Asus Rampage Formula X48

Intel q9450 CPU

Asus 8800 GTS 512MB G92

Cosair Dominator XMS2 4GB in dual channel mode.

Creative Audigy PCI sound card - Sound works with kXAudioDriver-1.11b0 great work buy Eugine.

Cheers.

i have both ide disabled in bios

i will check my status...iirc enhanced is the only setting that shows the drives up (both sata dvd and hdd) any of the rest i set wont let the drives be seen

yes enhanced and both ide disabled.....combined,non-combined wont let me see any drives and gives a disk boot error on post

First of all, thanks for the great tool!

I used to use a hackintosh but had to format the hdd. Now I'm back, but have a bit of a DSDT issue.

I have an ASUS P5B mobo and when I put the DSDT your tool creates in the root of the drive, it's not used. I get a kernel panic from apple cpu power management. I know my computer is capabale of using it, since oldnapalm from DSDT editor thread made me a working DSDT. I tried using it now and I get the same error.

I reinstalled disabler kext so I can use the OS, but I have no idea what to do. BTW I use the latest build of Chameleon RC5 (699).

Other components of interest would be Core2Duo CPU and NVIDIA 8800 GTS 320MB graphics (added via EFI string).

I'm also attaching both patched DSDTs for your reference. Hope that you can help me and thank you once again!

Regards,

Mihailo

I need to see the screen of the KP

this motherboard does not need the fix HPET

but...

i have both ide disabled in bios

i will check my status...iirc combined is the only setting that shows the drives up (both sata dvd and hdd) any of the rest i set wont let the drives be seen

any difference? performance?

:)

MaLd0n - Hi again ! I wanted to ask you something, I wonder if it can be fixed with the dsdt you gave me. When I play full hd videos in youtube my CPU goes to 93% of usage and I can't watch the video normally.. it lags and it's choppy :) Do you think that's fixable somehow ? I've attached the DSDT you gave me 1 month ago.

Thanks in advance ! Here's a screenie..

http://img834.imageshack.us/i/screenshot20110123at180.png/

I've attached the DSDT you made for me !

Thanks !

dsdt.aml.zip

MaLd0n - Hi again ! I wanted to ask you something, I wonder if it can be fixed with the dsdt you gave me. When I play full hd videos in youtube my CPU goes to 93% of usage and I can't watch the video normally.. it lags and it's choppy :) Do you think that's fixable somehow ? I've attached the DSDT you gave me 1 month ago.

Thanks in advance ! Here's a screenie..

http://img834.imageshack.us/i/screenshot20110123at180.png/

I've attached the DSDT you made for me !

Thanks !

Power management is done by RC5

if you're having problems

manually apply

look it

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=224878

portuguese

sorry

As I mentioned, the cpu used to work with native power management, using the oldnapalm dsdt. Both times I installed using iATKOS S3 v2. I already have a SL disk that came with my macbook pro, but I couldn't install using it.

The only thing that is different now is that the hdd is in IDE mode and that I am using the newest build of Chameleon RC5 and not the one that came with the distribution.

Anyway, thanks for looking at it. Power and the fans are acceptable even when using VoodooPowerMini. ;)

If you are using the Mac OS version of DSDT Auto-Patcher, do NOT use a DSDT replacement in Chameleon when you run the app, or it will be used as base for patching instead of the original one from BIOS. If you have a dsdt.aml in / or /Extra (or a specified file for DSDT key in com.apple.Boot.plist), remove it and reboot before running the Auto-Patcher.

Any tips on how to reboot in OSX without a DSDT.aml present? If I remove it and try I get a KP.

If you are using the Mac OS version of DSDT Auto-Patcher, do NOT use a DSDT replacement in Chameleon when you run the app, or it will be used as base for patching instead of the original one from BIOS. If you have a dsdt.aml in / or /Extra (or a specified file for DSDT key in com.apple.Boot.plist), remove it and reboot before running the Auto-Patcher.

Any tips on how to reboot in OSX without a DSDT.aml present? If I remove it and try I get a KP.

use nullcpuPM

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext.zip

or

extract from Windows or Linux

As I mentioned, the cpu used to work with native power management, using the oldnapalm dsdt. Both times I installed using iATKOS S3 v2. I already have a SL disk that came with my macbook pro, but I couldn't install using it.

The only thing that is different now is that the hdd is in IDE mode and that I am using the newest build of Chameleon RC5 and not the one that came with the distribution.

Anyway, thanks for looking at it. Power and the fans are acceptable even when using VoodooPowerMini. ;)

try another bootloader

Hello MaLd0n,

can you help me?

I have ACER 5738G. I use a dsdt created by user "Acero" for a different bios version. Problems: speedstep don' t working,and i can't use alc888 but only voodoohda, that cause random kernel panic at boot.

send_me.zip with dsdt by acero and dsdt nomod (extract from windows) is attached.

Thank you.

send_me.zip

dsdt_nomod.aml.zip

MaLd0n,

Please take a Look at My DSDT. I have a Toshiba Laptop A665 W/I7 740QM. I have all the Major Stuff working. However , I have TSC Sync errors when booting. I either have to Use TSCSycn(which was not made for i7) or CPUS=1. I don't know if this can be fixed in DSDT or not. I'm just learning all this and DSDT is still complicated for me. But I will learn it!! Here is the Run_me_zip and an extra copy of DSDT pulled from Ubuntu. Also, Most of my CPU info is incorrect? Speedstep only gives 625mHz and 1250MHz neither of which are in my P-states list?? Or actual MHZ of my CPU....Only if you have time. Thank You!!

Cobra03_send_me.zip

Ubuntu_DSDT.zip

Cheers, am I correct in thinking then the DSDT information is purely extracted from the BIOS and it doesn't matter what OS it is created in?

Yep

extract from Windows or linux

use in OsX

MaLd0n,

Please take a Look at My DSDT. I have a Toshiba Laptop A665 W/I7 740QM. I have all the Major Stuff working. However , I have TSC Sync errors when booting. I either have to Use TSCSycn(which was not made for i7) or CPUS=1. I don't know if this can be fixed in DSDT or not. I'm just learning all this and DSDT is still complicated for me. But I will learn it!! Here is the Run_me_zip and an extra copy of DSDT pulled from Ubuntu. Also, Most of my CPU info is incorrect? Speedstep only gives 625mHz and 1250MHz neither of which are in my P-states list?? Or actual MHZ of my CPU....Only if you have time. Thank You!!

I applied a few things missing

test it

dsdt.Cobra03.zip

I seem to have found the problem with Cpu Power Management. System profiler thinks that I run Core2Solo, instead of core2duo. Anyone know how to fix this?

If this is OT please pm me. Thanks!

look at your SMBIOS

I created an iMac 9,1 SMBIOS in the Extra folder.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>SMbiosvendor</key>
    <string>Apple Inc.</string>
    <key>SMbiosversion</key>
    <string>IM91.88Z.008D.B08.0904271717</string>
    <key>SMmanufacter</key>
    <key>SMproductname</key>
    <string>iMac9,1</string>
    <key>SMsystemversion</key>
    <string>1.0</string>
    <key>SMserial</key> 
    <string>nnnnnnnnnnn</string>
    <key>SMfamily</key>
    <string>Mac</string>
    <key>SMboardmanufacter</key>
    <key>SMboardproduct</key>
    <string>Mac-F2218FA9</string>
  <key>SMcputype</key>
  <string>769</string>
    <key>SMbustype</key>
    <string>0103</string>
<key>SMexternalclock</key>
    <string>266</string>
    <key>SMmaximalclock</key>
    <string>2135</string>
    <key>SMmemtype</key>
    <string>19</string>
    <key>SMmemspeed</key>
    <string>800</string>
    <key>SMmemmanufacter_1</key>
    <string>Kingston Technology</string>
<key>SMmemmanufacter_2</key>
    <key>SMmemmanufacter_3</key>
<key>SMmemmanufacter_4</key>
<key>SMmempart_1</key>
    <string>KVR800D2N6/1G</string> 
    <key>SMmempart_2</key>
<key>SMmempart_3</key>
<key>SMmempart_4</key>
<key>SMmemserial_1</key>
    <string>nnnnnnnn</string>
<key>SMmemserial_2</key>
<key>SMmemserial_3</key>
<key>SMmemserial_3</key>
</dict>
</plist>

From snooping around on the net, I found 2 keys that identify a Core 2 Duo:

<key>SMcputype</key>
  <string>769</string>
    <key>SMbustype</key>
    <string>0103</string>

But system config still shows Core 2 Solo, at the right GHz speed but only one core. Memory speed has changed according to my edit so I assume chameleon sees the file.