ATI Radeon HD6000, HD5000 and HD4000 series support in Chameleon

Kabyl

868 posts in this topic

Hi Kabyl,

Can you add support for ATI4350, device ID 954f. With your boot I'm getting error that card is not supported. I can't get this card to work with dvi or vga port. From Linux I see that first port is HDMI, I didn't test it with HDMI cable. I attached xorg.log, xrandr, lspci and glxinfo from linux, i hope it is enough.

Regards, Zogu.

4350.zip

@mishak:

If your ATI card is a genuine Apple card you can use the standard ATI frambuffer for this card. Use the option AtiFb=Langur (you can of course add this to your boot.plist), with kabyl's loader. This should solve your display problems.

Is it that you to dump your 5870 bios and post it please? It could allow other users to solve some problems too.

Thx.

Trauma, thanks a lot, you are genius!

Langur FB works perfectly with two monitors, exactly what I was hoping to get when I decided to buy genuine Apple video card and monitor.

Attached is video card bios dump - this is the least I can do in return for your help and the help of the entire community.

Cheers,

mishak

BTW: Cinebench OpenGL score is still the same but that is the same score with this card even in the latest Mac Pro. I am just curious what would be an explanation for the difference between 32 fps under Mac OSX and 69 fps under Windows 7.

1002_10026898.rom.zip

Notes:

- Once the testing is finished, I'll submit the patch to my branch and then eventually to trunk, please be patient!

This would actually sound harassing, but, would u be so kind and post the source code please.

That's, I used to have bad times with people complaining about this and got my topic removed for some time. So for equity's sake, let's be gentlemen.

Updates on first post; code is currently in my branch.

I would like to express my apology to everyone who looked or asked for the source code and didn't find it, I was very busy in the last months.

As everyone here, I guess, I am really happy you are back and I want to tell you I really appreciate all you are doing. We all understand that we all have lives going on apart from projects like this; and the effort alone is worth praising!

thank you!

I would like to express my apology to everyone who looked or asked for the source code and didn't find it, I was very busy in the last months.

I never heard of someone apologizing for doing amazing work and improving the lives of others! THANK YOU!!

Thanks Kabyl, I just tried the new boot. 

I get kernel panic during boot up and in -v it shows KP on ATIRadeonX2000 with dependencies IOPCIFamily 2.6  IondrvSupport 2.2 and IOGraphicsFamily 2.2

I submitted results with previous booter during the testing phase, am using ATI 4770 presently in 10.6.5 with ATI kexts from combo update 10.6.3.1 and OpenGL.framework from 10.6.4; works well with your previous boot using Flicker in bootplist. For now I will go back to the previous boot file. Anything obvious I might have missed? Thank you for your amazing work. 

Hi Kabil

Thumbs up for your great contribution to the OSx86 community!

Just tested your latest boot file on my evga Classified SR-2 mobo with 2 x ASUS ARES (X-fired) GC's

I'm sorry to report that it did not bring me any step forward compared to the previous version (nor compared to the latest Chameleon 2.0 RC5 r653 or Trauma's latest boot file). I'm still limited to 1600x1200x32 (only when specifying 1920x1200x32 in the com.apple.Boot.plist <= w/o this I'm limited to 1280x1024x32 or something), no QE/CI at all (!?!) and 'no kext loaded'

I tried to generate the logs you requested, but the lspci command is not recognized on my test system (do I need to install some kind of tools set?). I did send you a copy of the GC ROM file (dumped via CPU-Z under Windows 7) and some System Profiler info. Please let me know what else you may need.

Thanks in advance for your support!

Greetz,

Bruno

Archive_2.zip

Thanks man. Better late than never.

Cheers.

No worries mate - many thanks :)

I never succeed getting ATI Radeon 4670 working (always got blank screen, dvi/vga out) using kablys boot (ATI Card RV760 Posted *detected right* but as soon as entered OSX just got blank output..

Chameleon RC 656 / Anval Bootloader with Kabyls boot file it makes no diff.. (blank output) using modified kext ATI4600Controller, Ati x2000, framebuffer etc no diff.. (same result)

Motherboard has onboard graphic 4200 * turned off * in bios and prefer to use pci-e. here's my bootplist

GraphicsEnabler=Yes

PciRoot=0/1 (the result same blank output)

Any suggestion please what other req. kext or boot loader do i need to make it working..

Hi Kabyl,

I replace my boot config, from your old boot to your new boot, and change AtiFb with AtiConfig, but I can't boot at all. It gets freezed.

I don't know what is happening, when I put the older one, works.

I need to do something extra in order to make it works.

I need to install the latest version of chameleon and replace with your boot? or replacing the old one with the new one is enough?

I don't know what to do...

Cheers.

Thanks for the update kabyl, and you have nothing to apologize for, we understand.

Tried the new bootloader but it won't activate any dvi output (can't test the rest) Here's my bdmesg, had to boot into safe mode to get it. It seems like it loads the right fb and the device and subsys are recognized properly. Back to your older boot for now.

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Unknown device 68b8 (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
Subsystem: XFX Pine Group Inc. Unknown device 2991

EDIT: I'm not loading the video bios from a file, just in case you wanna know.

Hi Kabyl,

For now I wasn't able to boot with the latest revision of the loader. I guess ROM injection is broken, cause drivers stuck the boot process. I've tried to UseAtiRom, but i didn't help. The ROM is loaded but looks like not injected. (I add this issue recently too).

So i have no device-properties to show you there, unfortunately.

The good side of this release, is that you've apparently solved the malloc errors related to the rom freeing, and or reallocation (apparently)...

One more thing, I have a 3400 card plugged in the computer, and ram calculation is false. It's look like it's using EVERGREEN_MEMESIZE reg insted of R600 reg. (I add this problem on my side too).

Did you received my PM's @ Voodoo's forum ? I've also continue to work on the injector on my side. Added few thing, and re-factored the code too. There stills lots off ugly things in my revision BTW. I'll can maybe help a little if you like.

Bye.

EDIT:

OK, I've finally succeed to dump something... I had to boot without drivers and log through VNC.

As I though the ROM or VBIOS is not injected, and the device-properties seems to be too minimalist. Even though is a good approach to find what really needed...

Find the dumps attached:

Dumps.zip

EDIT 2:

There's 4 display channel injected on the 5770, while it's only support 3 displays. Beside the fact it has 4 connectors.

I never succeed getting ATI Radeon 4670 working (always got blank screen, dvi/vga out) using kablys boot (ATI Card RV760 Posted *detected right* but as soon as entered OSX just got blank output..

What kind of framebuffer do you have used? May Club3D 4670 will only work with Eulemur. (Flicker works only on VGA out and with a DVI-VGA dongle in the second output)

Hi Kabyl,

I replace my boot config, from your old boot to your new boot, and change AtiFb with AtiConfig, but I can't boot at all. It gets freezed.

I don't know what is happening, when I put the older one, works.

I need to do something extra in order to make it works.

I need to install the latest version of chameleon and replace with your boot? or replacing the old one with the new one is enough?

I don't know what to do...

Cheers.

Hi guys,

Am I the only one person who can make it works the old version but not the new one?

Please, some1 could help me?

Cheers.

What kind of framebuffer do you have used? May Club3D 4670 will only work with Eulemur. (Flicker works only on VGA out and with a DVI-VGA dongle in the second output)

it looks like Perregrine... i didnt touch anything.. so in order to make it work i have to mod the framebuffer to flicker or Eulemur.. how do i do that? can you elaborate please

thanks

sorry didnt read on the man. there's new key ati config. Okay here's my bootplist.

GraphicsEnabler=Yes

arch=i386 -Force64

AtiConfig= Flicker

busratio=13

Graphics Mode=1280x1024x32

now it cause KP.. have tried with minimalist bootplist.. the result still KP (double KP)

Revert back to old version! and put AtiFb=Eulemur/Flicker.. (No KP) but got black&white screen.. any suggestion

Hi guys,

Am I the only one person who can make it works the old version but not the new one?

Please, some1 could help me?

Cheers.

No, I get a kernel panic with the new bootloader. Verbose mode freezes up on "Device in SLOT-1", but no backtrace is provided as to the kernel panic. Older version works just fine with my Sapphire 5870.

Hi Kabil,

I did some more tests on my system (evga SR-2 + X-fired ASUS ARES) with your latest boot file:

• 2 X-fired ASUS ARES GC's
    • "UseAtiROM" = Yes
    • "UseAtiROM" = No

[*]Single ASUS ARES GC

• "UseAtiROM" = Yes
    • "UseAtiROM" = No

In all 4 tests the VRAM of the ASUS ARES cards (2048MB) was read correctly (according to the what was shown during boot anyway). Although I could fully boot my system (no KP or black screen or whatever), none of the tests resulted in fully/properly functional/accelerated (e.g. QE/CI functional) system. The System Profiler showed "No kext loaded" and only 256MB VRM.

I've attached the corresponding screen shots for your reference. Let me know if can be of any assistance with more in depth info (and explain me in two words how to extract it)

Good luck and best regards!

Bruno

Archive.zip

Hi kabyl,

welcome back, and I'd hope you did not take my words too much into heart.

btw, that was kind from you. Thanks.

No, I get a kernel panic with the new bootloader. Verbose mode freezes up on "Device in SLOT-1", but no backtrace is provided as to the kernel panic. Older version works just fine with my Sapphire 5870.

Yep, exactly the same issue. Thanks for the report spyguy007.

Kabyl, could you please take a look on this?

Cheers.

EDIT: only one thought, I have one of the PCI-E (in fact the PCI-E 8x) populated with a 1x PCI-E ethernet card, maybe could be a problem (maybe the booter is trying to get a video card from this PCI-E 8x?). spyguy007, do you have any other kind of card in any long PCI-E (I mean, not 1x or 4x pci-e, only 8x or 16x)? Maybe is not related, is only to understand, and get any clue of the problem...

Same thing happens to me and I have no additional card, so it's not that for sure.

Good to know, but is better not discard anything yet.

The important thing now is, why some people can make it work and another people can't.

What could be the possible reason/s?

And another reflexion, the first version, with some minor problems, works reasonably good for almost all the people. And was tested a lot, for a long time. What is happening now? The test was not valid? Maybe some new code crashed something important. What were the changes in that new version apart of adding new cards and default values for some cards?

And one personal question. Is now possible (for the people that can work with this new version) to see in the system profile the information of the graphic card? Till now it were not possible.

Thanks guys.