Chameleon RC5 mode with mem detection enabled and automatic P-States & C-States generation for native power managment

kozlek

1,214 posts in this topic

I used the Mac 2600XT rom on my HIS 2600XT. Load the rom and GraphicsEnabler=Yes and I get a full Mac 2600XT without modding files or using any other injector methods.

Nice! I just need to find someone who's dumped the MacPro 5770 rom :)

The bin data is available in ATI_init's info.plist, and i bet that you can copy it, then paste it in an hex editor, then save it and use it with Chameleon :D 99% sure.

I can only try :)

thanks to all concerned for the good effort. :P

I am having problem with memory detection with my system it shows the following in system profiler:

Memory Slots:

ECC: Disabled

0x436f72736169722f4130030461056b302f3100436f72736169722f4131030461056b322f3300436f72736169722f4132030461056b342f3500436f72736169722f4133030461056b362f3700:

Size: 1 GB

Type: DDR2 SDRAM

Speed: Unknown

Manufacturer: 00000000

Part Number: 0x00000000

Serial Number: CM2X1024-6400

RAM is Corsair DDR2 800 Ghz, 4 gig in total

here is the host info from lspci:

00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation 82975X Memory Controller Hub (rev c0)

Subsystem: Foxconn International, Inc. Unknown device 0d10

Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0

Capabilities: [e0] Vendor Specific Information <?>

I have to add that there's always been an unresolved issue running SL with my machine inasmuch as if you choose 'about this mac' from the apple logo it reboots the xserver and puts you back to the login screen (which lol i'd love to fix) however i'm only letting you know about it in case in case the memory problems are part of a wider issue with my machine in general rather than just simply missing info from the bootloader code.

Once again thanks to all. :)

I've also Apple aluminum numeric keyboard and I'm not experiencing the bug you report. I remember mm67 posted a DSDT fix (DSDT fixes for Gigabyte boards thread) specially for our keyboard in order Sleep, Wake, etc. as far as i remember. I could post my DSDT later for reference.

Thank's for you answer, I've tried rev250 and 300 and the problem is still there, but it's not bootloader related because I can't acce bios any more also.

With the DSDT i'm using it was working good before this problem.

If you can anyway find out the post od mm67 it would be great.

Thank's for you answer, I've tried rev250 and 300 and the problem is still there, but it's not bootloader related because I can't acce bios any more also.

ATX power. Your problem.

(ram, less probably)

Trust me :rolleyes:

The videobios recognition works for me in rev 354 with GraphicsEnabler=Yes and VBIOS=Yes.

The only problem is that I can't seem to boot in 32 bit mode anymore. I can only boot in 64 bit mode. The flag arch=i386 does not work anymore wether I type it at the boot prompt or I have it in the com.apple.Boot.plist.

I used the Mac 2600XT rom on my HIS 2600XT. Load the rom and GraphicsEnabler=Yes and I get a full Mac 2600XT without modding files or using any other injector methods.

Hi

nice , i own a 2600xt i do not manage to work

could you post your ROM

and tell me how to use it exactly

thanks in advance

The videobios recognition works for me in rev 354 with GraphicsEnabler=Yes and VBIOS=Yes.

The only problem is that I can't seem to boot in 32 bit mode anymore. I can only boot in 64 bit mode. The flag arch=i386 does not work anymore wether I type it at the boot prompt or I have it in the com.apple.Boot.plist.

I seen in SVN source that the devs changed key for 32 / 64 Bit since a few days.

Now the keys are 32 and 64 (without - before number).

But perhaps devs can clear that how excat the 32/64 Bit keys changed. In the past i remember the switch from -x32 to arch=i386 also (if unnkown) messed up some systems need 32 or 64 Bit key.

scrax, I think I found the mm67's Apple aluminum keyboard fix, beginning here.

makkernel2 suggested an alternative solution to you (Power Supply Unit), worth trying. I would ask you if this bug appeared on all your PCs or just on one of them? How is that happened you can access your BIOS anymore? I personally use the DEL key on the Apple aluminum keyboard to enter BIOS.

scrax, I think I found the mm67's Apple aluminum keyboard fix, beginning here.

makkernel2 suggested an alternative solution to you (Power Supply Unit), worth trying. I would ask you if this bug appeared on all your PCs or just on one of them? How is that happened you can access your BIOS anymore? I personally use the DEL key on the Apple aluminum keyboard to enter BIOS.

It's an error only with the Zotac MoBo, on Asus all works as expected. I can't access to the bios either, usb works only if I plug it after boot, I'll try to access BIOS with another PS2 keyboard. Before the problem DEL key was working good, also crtl+alt+del for reset.

Thanks for mm67 links.

It's an error only with the Zotac MoBo, on Asus all works as expected. I can't access to the bios either, usb works only if I plug it after boot, I'll try to access BIOS with another PS2 keyboard. Before the problem DEL key was working good, also crtl+alt+del for reset.

Thanks for mm67 links.

hmm, strange thing about the Zotac mobo... is there any new BIOS version to flash it in? (just checked their web site, there're new BIOSes...) Hope the mm67 link would solve the problem.

Thanks for mm67 links.

I' ve say you what is your problem, but you nothing. That is "old code", not useful for you.

Too much overclock?

I' ve say you what is your problem, but you nothing. That is "old code", not useful for you.

Too much overclock?

When?where... I miss your answer... -_-

EDIT:

...now I found it

I'll try with another one, but do you mine that the one I'm using is broken but still works? Because since a few day ago the same PSU my keyboard was working good.

If instead do you mean that there is not enought power I'm using a 600W PSU with a 100W (measured) max power at heavy load absorbed by the system

I'm not in OC at the moment.

Now let's have a look at BIOs, that isthe last from Zotac since I bought this MoBo (I've updated the original one)

EDIT2:

SOLVED!

It was a USB card reader with SD card inserted, when connected at boot time keyboard is disconnected, I need to unplug and replug it again to make it works, If it's connected and working and I connect the card reader keyboard die and needs a replug to restart working good.

This board version has some know problems with USB power management, so tis will be just another one :D

Thanks makkernel2 and rednous for your suggestions.

I seen in SVN source that the devs changed key for 32 / 64 Bit since a few days.

Now the keys are 32 and 64 (without - before number).

But perhaps devs can clear that how excat the 32/64 Bit keys changed. In the past i remember the switch from -x32 to arch=i386 also (if unnkown) messed up some systems need 32 or 64 Bit key.

@Mitch_de, thanks for the suggestion. I tried -x32 at the boot prompt, but it's still booting in 64 bit mode. I'm on revision 354.

@Mitch_de, thanks for the suggestion. I tried -x32 at the boot prompt, but it's still booting in 64 bit mode. I'm on revision 354.

No, -x32 was the even older method.

Try 32 to set 32 Bit Mode.

Hi guys,

hey Mitch_de, be careful... you are mixing stuff! The changes on the arch flags were only on my branch; it's not committed to the trunk

and i don't know if it will ever be?!

Don't mix branches with the trunk! Branches are used to commit/test/dev code that may or may not

be included on the trunk. The trunk it's the one that always holds the most up to date code.

With that said, Jingu..

- were do you have your main Boot.plist? Extra... can you post it?

- is it possible that you have -x64 set on another Boot.plist? a duplicate set by a installer, a lost setting on

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist...

arch=x86_64 doesn't work so, don't look for it...

Kup,

that's another confusion! 361 is the latest commit to the "repository" on my branch. 352 was the last commit to the trunk ;)