[Tutorial] AMD 10.6.8 Retail Snow Leopard Guide!

sirbow2

298 posts in this topic

did you use the recommended kexts in my guide in the first post?

yes, i use all the recommended kext on yout first post. but it is so slow :(. did i do something wrong?

the hdd is on the first sata port, the dvd is on the 2nd sata port (the blue port both of them).

and it gives me the appleUSBOHCI error. but i can still boot. im using bios version F5

ill go check my kexts for 10.5.8

ok im in osx ideneb 10.5.8, it takes me about 10 seconds to load from the apple screen.

Reinstall osx iDeneb 10.5.8 with these options at the customize screen in the installer, these are the ones i used

9.5 Voodookernel

chameleon V2

appledecrypt

Disabler

time machine fix

openhaltrestart

about this mac fix

system profiler fix

cleanup

sealtbelt fix

Apple Azalia Audio

Jmicron Ata

realtekR1000 (if ethernet doesn't work pop in the dvd and try the RTL8169/RTL8111 installer)

iousb Family Fix (if iousbfamily doesn't fix the usb error pop the dvd in and browse to the voodoousbEHCI installer and install it)

ill go check my kexts for 10.5.8

ok im in osx ideneb 10.5.8, it takes me about 10 seconds to load from the apple screen.

Reinstall osx iDeneb 10.5.8 with these options at the customize screen in the installer, these are the ones i used

9.5 Voodookernel

chameleon V2

appledecrypt

Disabler

time machine fix

openhaltrestart

about this mac fix

system profiler fix

cleanup

sealtbelt fix

Apple Azalia Audio

Jmicron Ata

realtekR1000 (if ethernet doesn't work pop in the dvd and try the RTL8169/RTL8111 installer)

iousb Family Fix (if iousbfamily doesn't fix the usb error pop the dvd in and browse to the voodoousbEHCI installer and install it)

ok thx, i try it first and i'll report back to you how it goes :)

I now have everything working in snow leopard (10.6.4) except 32 bit apps (which is nearly everything I run it seems...)

The kernal you gave me the link to seems to be the same one that is in your guide.

Do you have use of 32 bit apps? This kernal says that it runs 32 bit but either I have done something wrong or it only works in 64 bit.

that kernel is different, it has a dlyb patcher which allows 64bit to work better. it has the patcher since it isn't integrated fully into the kernel.

ill edit this post(or make a new one) with the latest kernel once i find it for sure.

Using the older kernel from you that I you were using when I first joined (thats about half the size of the newer one you are using) I am able to get 32 bit working (so my few games and avid work) but now os x does occasionally crash (hence, a newer kernel when one is available would be nice)

I am finding that I am getting feedback with my audio and I am finding that with games my audio will also lag (5.1 surround sound) Also when I went to share data over a ethernet network the speed seems to be t100 not 1000(gigabit) This is directly connecting it to my macbook pro (which in windows gives me a nice fast network speed)

Please note that I could not get audio with your driver but found this one that works (with really bad feedback on the base and right/left speeker) http://www.kexts.com/view/567-voodoohda_pk...dio_driver.html

Everything else is just as it is for your machine (and I have found that I can use vanilla 8800 GTS drivers in snow leopard .4 for graphics and everything runs fine graphically)

also I have seemed to kill my 10.5.7 (iaktos) installation trying to get graphics working. I think that installing the efi string for nvidia has done it but cant find where that would have been installed.

Oh and show leopard does pick up my ide hard drives (with broken leopard on one of them) it just does not want anymore than one sata drive for some reason...

i use a modified voodoo HDA. see here: {Library} VoodooHDA PinConfig, All Output Input will work (in my post sig)

I have a REV 1.0 of the 890GPA. if you linked me to the correct page it looks like you have a REV2.0

i would just try FC then if that doesnt work then try FB (if you have rev 2.0 version, you should check your mobo box to be sure.(little white sticker on the side of the box wit hspecs on it))

all those new features of the latest bioses do look nice though ;)

so i carefully followed your guide, partitioned a 400gb hdd ("efi"+"macintosh hd") with GUID, and sucessfully installed snow leopard 10.6 retail.

the problem:

i cant boot mac os x without adding the boot parameter "cpus=1".

whenever i boot without "cpus=1", chameleon cant get the root device and says "Still waiting for root device" (doesnt matter, whether i add some other parameter as "-v"..)

with "cpus=1"-parameter chameleon can get the root device.

do you have any guess, whats wrong with my setup? :S

my system:

gigabyte ga-890gpa-ud3h rev 2.1 with bios fc (earliest at all)

amd phenom x6 1055t 6x2.8ghz

4gb ddr3 ram (kingston i guess)

400gb sata hdd 7200rpm wd caviar se

optiarc dvd-rw sata drive

EDIT: while i couldnt directly solve my problem, i found a way to get chameleon detecting my root device;

i linked the sata drive to GSATA2_6 port instead of using SATA3_0 port (:

EDIT2: ..and set Onboard SATA/IDE Ctrl Mode to AHCI in bios, of course!^^

Ok I can boot into the iDeneb 1.6 disc but it can't mount any of my drives. I changed everything to AHCI in the bios so I don't know whats going on. Can you post a screen shot of your bios with the changes you made so I know if I did everything right?

What do you mean "set on SATA"? I tried messing around with the ports and I put the HD and DVD drive on the SATA 2 ports but I got the same problems. When I boot the disc in verbose it says at the very end that it failed to mount all my partitions and then theres an error code (0x00000047). I really think I'm just doing something stupid in the bios. Do you have to change the OnChip SATA Type to AHCI as well because when I change that to AHCI I get the kp when trying to boot the disc. I have OnBoard Sata/IDE ctrl mode set on AHCI.

sorry i meant if any of the options in bios have a ahci setting make sure its ahci.

also it could be that osx doesnt like your HD.

TRY THIS FIRST: WOAH my mistake, it looks like i can only use osx if i use the SATA3 ports on my mobo. sata3 ports are the six blue ones. sata2 are the white ones, which dont work with osx!

i am currently using sata3 ports 1, 3, and 5 for my HD, bluray and dvd drives. ( it should also be fine with sata3 ports 2, 4 and 6