[Tutorial] AMD 10.6.8 Retail Snow Leopard Guide!

sirbow2

298 posts in this topic

I have downloaded iDeneb_v1.6_1058_Lite_Edition and I currently have the same issue with it as my snow leopard installation. For some reason despite following your insurrections for both snow leopard and leopard they both arrive at the same "waiting for root device".

The only install I have that works consistently is my iatkos one (which has no graphics, sound or network drivers) running cham 1.01

Could chameleon be the problem? or would it be the drivers I used in the ikatos installation?

I will try cham 1 in ideneb with some different drivers but any sugesstions or other help would be greatly appreciated. (As iATKOS is only there as a quick way of installing mac os on other drives.)

I can't quite understand how with such similar builds in both instances where I manage to accurately follow your instructions and use the same drivers as you I end up with "Waiting for root device". And I cant seem to find anything good on kext.com to help with this error. (but as it has worked twice I know it can work...)

any ideas?

hmm you followed those kexts for Ideneb in the guide? ok, those are somebody else's that work for this mobo, as i just borrowed them as was to lazy to figure out which ones i used. i may get bored one day and put ideneb in just for the heck of it to find which kexts are the right ones :(

try doing all those again but dont select any sata or ide related ones but the Jmicron IDE one as i see from your sig you have some ide drives.

im pretty sure i didnt do any HD related kexts in ideneb, i doubt that your 880 makes a diffrence from my 890gpa so that shouldnt be the issue.

use the latest cham on the disk prob V2

report back with you findings, thanks

hope it works.

For some reason snow leopard is now kind of working. I threw some random stuff in the e/e part of it and now although its a mess (as I'm sure not all of the files should be there) mac os now loads.

However, now it gets to the welcome screen (where it should play the welcome vid due to this being a new installation) it just sits on a grey screen with the mouse pointer and the screen flickers and nothing else happens (but when it first loads the mouse goes blue for 5-10 secs). Not sure if its my graphics drivers or something else... but it does not want to get past there. So now it loads up fast but then gets stuck...

no luck with leopard idenub though. :huh:

All back up and running...

Snow Leopard now works (if it is the only internal hard drive, my firewire drive does not bother it) but when I try and update it from 10.6.0 to .4 it gives me some kind of error about a quater of the way thruough installing the update.

It also cannot run any non apple apps (as anything else just crashes on launch for no apparent reason)

My Ethernet and sound don't work either (might require the update?) but my graphics work fine.

My biggest concern is that it does not want to run any apps or the update.

My biggest concern is that it does not want to run any apps or the update.

use the latest kernel that has 64 bit etc and lots of other new features. the link for kernel: HERE

My Ethernet and sound don't work either (might require the update?) but my graphics work fine.

You need the realtek1000sl Ethernet kext.

should work :)

i would read up on RAID for OSX here on the fourms and try some different kexts. the single HD working proves that it has something to do with RAID. it may or may not be related to kexts as im not sure how RAID for OSXo on a PC works

When It first worked I had ethernet (when I used the install from the laptop that only seemed to work once, which seems to be the way to use the update...)

I don't run it as raid though... what would this about raid do? (because nothing should be set up in raid at the moment...)

About the kernal... I thought the one you had on the top post was the best one to use. This anv one (according to its description and my interpretation of the description) seems to make it run in 32 bit mode and not 64 bit like the one you have. If that is correct would this screw up the rest as the other kexts you have are for running mac os in 32 bit (as far as I understand). Also this one you linked me to seems to be older than the one you and I are using. But I can still try it, tell you if it works... But what do you think about not being able to update?

(and what is the kernal you are using and how does it differ from this other one?)

i have the same spec like your computer. but i use the onboard graphic card and i have a IDE dvd-rom.my hdd is sata.

if i set all to AHCI i cannot boot from the cd-rom, if i put it on IDE i can boot, and install, but in the middle of the installation process, there is kernel panic. i already tried disabling some of the kext, still no luck :).

do i need to use a sata dvd-rom? thx before

i see you have a OC at 3.85Ghz, what cooling are you using?

are you saying that your computer wont boot the disk or that their is an error after it boots the disk when you use AHCI with a IDE drive?

with AHCI to boot from CD you MAY have to go to the boot menu F12 ( when you start your comp), and if it is set to AHCI it should say the name of your Drive not just "CDROM" select you CD drives name. ex samsung 4lg252h3 etc.

when you set it to AHCI in bios make sure all the 4 or 5 options pertaining to AHCI or IDE options are as AHCI , all of them. including the one that says something like emulate a IDE drive as AHCI.

if any of that AHCI stuff isnt the case then, ok and the KP is their some info about it like black text that overlays the screen when it happens? screenshot plz.

the onboard shouldn't cause any issues, but it will never be fully supported.( ant change screen res, no QE CI )

--glad to help

i use noctua nh-d14 for the cooler, it is stable on windows 7 24/7. i already put all to ahci. the error is after i put on the cd on the first boot screen, if i put it on ide, it can boot, but install fails after about 80 percent.

this is the screenshot of the kernel panic. thx :o

fotojzg.jpg

ok, just leave it on IDE.

Is their a screen similar to the one you just posted when it fails at 80% or does it just restart, or something else.

earlier i succeed to install,i was very happy. but i forgot that i use a ps2 keyboard, so i try to reinstall, it wont install anymore, can it be the dvd-rom? because i already have it for 3 years.

here the screenshot of the KP at 80%. and do you have any suggestion for a low end 3dcard for my system, just to watch hd movies. thx for the help. i really appreciate it ;)

foto2oe.jpg

hmm it looks like the KP is caused by your IDE dvd drive.

im busy right now so, i suggest that you try a SATA drive if you have one available

yeah i think it's the dvd drive, because i tried to burn a couple of cd's, and a few of them is corrupted. im going to buy a new drive today, i'll let you know if it works. thx for the help :ninja:

search the net for a bios flashing guide

1. as i was lazy and just used @Bios which some people say will eventually corrupt your bios if you do it enough?

2. or i think their is a option in bios to use a bios file of of a HD in your comp

3. or you could use the good ol DOS method.

option two or three would be the best way to do it.

@sirbow2

it worked, i just bought a sata dvd. but i have a problem, it boots so long, with -v, i saw appleUSBOHCI found a transaction which ahsnt moved in 5 seconds. and sometimes it is very slow if i open programs. im using ideneb 1.6 10.5.8 lite edition.