[Tutorial] AMD 10.6.8 Retail Snow Leopard Guide!

sirbow2

298 posts in this topic

what do you mean? all my specs are in this guide? i dont have access to my hack currently but i can still answer your question.

oops sorry for my dumb question, which i mean is, capture your system profiler on hardware section, i wanna see the sata port is, is it unknown or known sata port ? mine is unknown...

oops sorry for my dumb question, which i mean is, capture your system profiler on hardware section, i wanna see the sata port is, is it unknown or known sata port ? mine is unknown...

im not sure.

"I dont have access to my hack right now"

sorry

im not sure.

"I dont have access to my hack right now"

sorry

okay sir, thank you, sorry to bothering you :thumbsup_anim:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, Chameleon RC5 always kills my os x (restarts after choosing what kernel to load), regardless of what installation method I choose. I've used nawcom's boot cd, since I didn't have an existing Leopard installation.

I noticed in your guide you used RC4, would you recommend this over RC5 at the current time?

Just in case, the motherboard is a GA-MA69VM-S2, Athlon X2 4600+ processor.

EDIT: Nevermind, this killed my installation as well.

• 3 weeks later...

i will be installing OSX on my 890GPA-UD3H Rev:2.1 Bios: T3 Beta

update: i have managed to install osx hazard 10.6.2 and updated to 10.6.6

update2: i have mac up to date 10.6.8 running on 10.6.0 kernel 100% stable as far as i can tell

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

@ sirbow2;

Do you know if the Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 (ie, 9 series) motherbords work with Snow Leopard yet? Do you think I might be able to follow your guide to get it working?

Reason is, I'm thinking of moving up to the new buldozer 8 core (3.6ghz) and this motherboard looks good. However, I can't seem to find any record of anyone getting one of these new boards working yet.

Using ChamRC5 947 it first complains that I need to update my bootloader. So I went and got the latest one I could find. Cham 2.1 uses org.chameleon.Boot.plist. instead of the regular com.apple.Boot.

Its diffrent... but using Chameleon v2.1svn r1547 makes it stop complaining that I need to update chameleon.

Everything seems normal till it gets up to:

"PCI configuration begin" and then it freezes or restarts. If I don't tough anything it just sits on the apple logo and no spinning thingie appears under it. It just appears to be frozen. Both versons, both old and new of cham get up to here and stop.

I am guessing you don't using the new Charm...

Any help you can give would be great though. Its a really nice new piece of hardware I have :) and it would be great to get it running.

As far as I can tell all I need to do to get Snow Leopard to work is to add/remove something. I just don't know what.

i havent been on the "scene" for a while, and so i jsut figured out what org.chameleon.Boot.plist are, and what i can tell is that you can use your old C.A.B.P. and rename it to org.chameleon.Boot.plist and put it in "/Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist"

PCI configuration begin is GFX related, so if you cant get the new Cham to work(or you do and stil get pci config issue), i would reccomend to try a temporary GFX card(or use onboard) and fix the issue. i think different kexts will fix it.

As always, post a Pic of KP :)

im guessing theirs a legacy kernal for 10.7 now?

Updated my previous post. In short I have got the new charm working...

10.6.8_anv is the kernal I am using. Would you recomend using a diffrent one?

I don't have any gfx drivers of any kind installed. Might the lack of it be a problem? (i'm not keen on adding any gfx driver as I will be getting a newer card soon, 8800gts is just too old.)

wait! are you trying to get 10.6.8 to work on your new hardware, or 10.7?

i realize your talking bout 10.6.8 now, right?

so you have KP with new cham and 10.6.8? pic :)

I am running 10.6.8 as that is what my macbook pro is running (and I just cloned the system accross) using the 10.6.8 kernal :)

It doesn't seem to be a kernal panic now I have the new cham working it just freezes on [ PCI configuration begin ]

It doesn't really load anything other than the kernal extentions which flash past.

I don't have any onboard gfx card, I think my motherboard is a little higher end than the last one I had. Should I look for the driver I used to use with my 8800gts?

hmmm i guess so. even though the clone idea should work, if you cant get rid of pci begin error, i would use the mac book to install a fresh OSX to a HDD for your PC. maybe an issue with the cloning, idk.

try adding kernel boot flag: npci=0×2000

from here: http://netkas.org/?p=849

try without DSDT

read those comments from the link, lots of useful tips...

also: http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?...amp;#entry15233

A 4870 as a temp card till the new Saphire HD 7970 comes out. :) My motherboard could even fit two of these if I ever need to.

Im trying 10.6.7 as .8 might be a part of the problem.

I'm also going to try idenub with your settings and see if I can get something running out of that...

all I need for Final Cut is 10.5.8 so its an option if Snow leopard fails to work.

(then I can just wait for Lion...)

I can confirm that my 9 series motherboard works using your guide. (with a few ajustments...)

I can only seem to run 10.6.7

I had to get rid of the usb 3 enabler as it caused a kernal panic.

At the moment I have no sound and my sata controler is not regonised so when I try mass file copying/put one or more drives under stress finder crashes. As a minor annoyance the 8800gts no longer seems to work properly even when I install the same driver that got it working perfectly last time.