[Tutorial] AMD 10.6.8 Retail Snow Leopard Guide!

sirbow2

298 posts in this topic

Could you please tell me your BIOS setting and what video/graphics card are you using?

My struggle is, in AHCI mode I only get one SATA port out of 5, now either I can connect a SATA HD on it or a SATA DVD. I feel cursed. Above all stupid on-board ATI Radeon HD4250. Went and bought another stupid card "GALAXY" 8400GS 512RAM, as every other manufacturer is working. Here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...39203&st=40

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H (rev. 1.3)

Cpu: AMD Phenom II x6 1055T

Thanks.

Overclock Bios settings, check this one., works fine.

http://www.overclock.net/amd-motherboards/...y-problems.html

Just remember get a good cooler.

Ok

very simply for rev. 2.1

0cb82037d9bb.jpg

1. downgrade for first bios FC (without windows with flashdrive possible)

2. download latest nawcom or empire efi for AMD CPU

3. install retail 10.6.3 (maybe boot with flag -v cpus=1 busratio=16 for my X2 955)

4. after install retail boot from nawcom or empire and install chameleon i used rc4

5. update combo 10.6.4 install legacy_kernel 10.4.0.

6. update combo 10.6.5 install legacy_kernel 10.5.0. (64 bit working)

i used fakesmc and nullcpumanager in S/L/E

and ahchi storage injector, ionetworking, platform uuid (maybe its dont need)

im not good at dsdt stuff, i had other people do most of my editing.

although what i do recommend is to search your errors in google or this forum

to fix these errors it could be a mis spell, a missing comma, bracket or many other things.

im not much help here sorry :angry2:

I'm getting could not probe device and I'm on the FC bios. I get the could not probe device when the dvd drive is above the hd but I get could not mount disk when the dvd drive is to the right of the hd. This is more frustrating then it needs to be.

Hey Guys,

i've got problems installing iDeneb 10.5.7 ...

My Hardware:

Same mobo, flashed with FC

AMD 1090T

12GB RAM 1333

GTX260

500GB Windows HDD

250GB HDD

Both HDD are from Seagate

I can't get into the install with -v, with -s -f -x everything works fine but i can't see my HDDs.

My BIOS Settings:

AHCPI Enabled

S-ATA Ctrl -> IDE

S-ATA 4/5 -> IDE

I'm working on my personal Hackintosh for 4 days now and I'm really annoyed.

I hope you can help me.

Thanx

eisdrachen

Guys i dont know what youre doing!

try switching sata ports, tinker with it a little

Now, for once i have a question for you guys ;)

Simple: would leaving a desktop computer (just the case with mobo etc not monitor) in a car which is in a shed that is under freezing almost 24/7 for 2-3 weeks hurt the computer? (not running, just storing it)

Advance: i got grounded, my parents left for a 2 week vacation, put my computer in the shed(so i wouldnt use it), they arent tech savvy

If you do this be sure that it could take damage to your hardware-parts! Specially HDDs are very sensible if it's cold or hot.

It could, don't must. I would not...

Alright I got it working using the nawcom boot disc! But now I have more problems. I can boot into 10.6 using the boot disc but when I try any combo update they all fail. So I just did them one by one and I got up tp 10.6.2. But after that they all fail whether it be a combo update or the update to 10.6.3. I do the myhack thing right after i boot into 10.6 so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Also does anyone else have a problem when an installation ends and you click on restart but it doesn't restart? Oh and when I try to put through Chameleon and not through the disc it just restarts. I need some help here.

nisto91 try downloading the 10.6.5 update from the apple website (the full one that goes from any version to 10.6.5) and try that. i never had any update issues.

lol osx always works for me(mostly), but you guys always seem to have issues? :P

This is becoming quite a pain in the ass. The combo to 10.6.5 still doesn't work (i'm on 10.6.3). I can only boot from the bootcd otherqise I get a kp or it just reboots. I don't know how this happens, I tried 3 kernels already (all legacy). I would really like to get this over with considering I've gotten this far.

Oh and am I supposed to delete any kexts or anything prior to attempting the combo update..?

Mohamed, before I could even try your method I got it working; all I needed to do was a cpuid patch with the Maxxus patcher and then I ran pfix in the terminal and I got it to update :D

Now my USB's are dropping for some reason and 64 bit won't work..well it will it just wont run most 32 bit apps. Maybe it's normal for amd.

Sirbow, those codes that you have in the guide are done automatically when you install the 10.6.5 kernel package

http://nawcom.com/osx86/files/10.6/Kernels...-10.5.0.pkg.zip

For anyone having problems I would highly advise downloading pfix and running it in the terminal before you update.

Mohamed, before I could even try your method I got it working; all I needed to do was a cpuid patch with the Maxxus patcher and then I ran pfix in the terminal and I got it to update :D

Now my USB's are dropping for some reason and 64 bit won't work..well it will it just wont run most 32 bit apps. Maybe it's normal for amd.

Sirbow, those codes that you have in the guide are done automatically when you install the 10.6.5 kernel package

http://nawcom.com/osx86/files/10.6/Kernels...-10.5.0.pkg.zip

For anyone having problems I would highly advise downloading pfix and running it in the terminal before you update.

did you fixed your problem ?

this 10.6 kernel pkg try it

http://nawcom.com/osx86/files/10.6/Kernels...-10.6.0.pkg.zip

Ok hopefully this is the last problem I have...my usb's don't work after sleep mode and a message comes up saying something was using too much power.

yeah that happened to me before without the sleep kexts that are now in my guide(i still havent tried sleep with the new kexts)

are you using the sleep kexts in my guide?

yeah that happened to me before without the sleep kexts that are now in my guide(i still havent tried sleep with the new kexts)

are you using the sleep kexts in my guide?

I'm using the new sleepenabler.kext that you put up but I'm not using that iousbfamily.kext because it didn't work with usb3 for some reason even though it's supposed to.

Hej!

I am back after several months :P

I was using my 10.5.4 lawlessppc and I wanted to try again to install 10.6.

I installed 10.5.8 ideneb 1.6 with the list of kexts given in this page. However I can only boot with at least -x and busratio otherwise it will not boot.

From this partition I installed 10.6.3 and finally was able to boot in mac os x!! I was so glad! I was always stuck at the acpi_smc_platform timed out and I think it was because of my 4870 not recognised. I removed the content of the IOPCImatch in the ATIRadeonX2000.kext because it contained plenty of device ids and I think it was clashing with the one in my ati4800controller.kext. I added evoenabler.kext. I finally got passed the acpi_smc_platform timed out to get a black screen with no signal. The computer did not even reboot. I removed the -x and instead of a black screen I had 10.6!

I was very happy to be able to boot into 10.6 but I keep having kernel panics though every now and then when I want to do heavy disk activity like installing a program.

I have installed the legacy_kernel-10.3.0 because the kernel I installed before was even worse.

I removed from my extra/extensions the appleatiata.kext and the jmicronATA.kext because I read that:

"I get a kernel panic during heavy disk activity

This is a known bug with certain ATA kexts in 64-bit mode (specially with more

than 4GB RAM)" in the Voodoo kernel user documentation pdf.

I still have these kexts in my extra/extensions

appleRTC

disabler

evoenabler

fakesmc

ioAHCIBlockStorageInjector

IONetworkFamily

NullCPUPowerManagement

OpenHaltRestart

platformUUID

RealtekR1000SL

I want to try to remove some kexts to see only the ones that I need in case one of those gives me the kernel panic.

I went in /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports to see the panic logs

and this is the first part :

Thread 0: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

0 libSystem.B.dylib 0x006ee2fa mach_msg_trap + 10

1 libSystem.B.dylib 0x006eea67 mach_msg + 68

2 com.apple.CoreFoundation 0x00a1000f __CFRunLoopRun + 2079

3 com.apple.CoreFoundation 0x00a0f0f4 CFRunLoopRunSpecific + 452

4 com.apple.CoreFoundation 0x00a0ef21 CFRunLoopRunInMode + 97

5 mds 0x0000defc 0x1000 + 52988

6 mds 0x00005331 0x1000 + 17201

I attached the file in this post.

If anyone encountered frequent kernel panics in 10.6.3 I would be glad to hear some ideas of how to fix this.

I haven't tried installing the 10.6.4 because I am afraid that in the middle of the installation I will have a kernel panic and that I will have to reinstall 10.6 entirely because of the crash.

My config

Motherboard:GA-890GPA-UD3H

Cpu: phenom ii x4 955BE

Ram: 4GB DDR3 1333

Graphical card: ati4870 1GB

Sata hdd : on the sata 2

Sata dvd driver