Israel and Palestine

Swad

596 posts in this topic

I think people have a hard time differentiating between Islam the religion and the middle eastern culture, I really think they are two different things, having many friends that are muslim, even though im atheist. Maybe Im wrong, but I see a difference. One doesnt have to take their freedoms away in Islam, they just have to not be sexin it up all the time, the part about women not being able to have jobs and {censored} is a culture thing, not a religion thing, and I think thats what needs to be changed. I dunno, im just rambling.

Israel isnt bad, but its also not good, you have shown some good things Israel has done, but youve neglected to mention the bad things, that website makes Israel look flawless, and its far from it...

Why should I need to post bad things on Israel?

Till now I thought that only masochistic people like to hear bad things.

Did you ever been in Israel?

Did you ever talked with someone who visits in Israel?

Pleas, you are welcome to see the good thing in your own eyes and you will see that it’s not far from it...

Why should I need to post bad things on Israel?

Till now I thought that only masochistic people like to hear bad things.

Did you ever been in Israel?

Pleas, you are welcome to see the good thing in your own eyes and you will see that it’s not far from it...

I have talked to plenty of people who have visited Israel, they usually have some good things and some bad things to say about it.

Also, I know theres good things about my country (USA) but I also know theres some bad things, every country, every group of people has their deep flaws, all of them different. Its not really anything to worry about, as long as one acknowledges that the problems are there, that way, they can work to fix them.

I just comment one of the first comments that Israel exists only because the support of US, and rest of the world either dont care or sympathize only Palestinians.. thats BS. Europe may well be disorganized bunch of countries led by pathetic and incompetent politicians. that wont mean Europeans would support Israel, too.

http://seingthetruth.blogspot.com/

i love this site (rofl)

It's full of slanderous lies that make you believe Israel is prospering. The pictures shown are rare instances - not common occurances. As for polls, many polls are rigged; something George Bush commented on earlier during his reelection. This site is simply to give a false sense of security. It is not realistic and i want to see the person on this forum who's got the balls to tell me otherwise.

http://seingthetruth.blogspot.com/

i love this site (rofl)

It's full of slanderous lies that make you believe Israel is prospering. The pictures shown are rare instances - not common occurances. As for polls, many polls are rigged; something George Bush commented on earlier during his reelection. This site is simply to give a false sense of security. It is not realistic and i want to see the person on this forum who's got the balls to tell me otherwise.

There are 13 Arabian members on the Israeli parliament and you still say, “many polls are rigged”?

Can you tell me pleas how many Jew serves on the Arabs parliament?

http://www.knesset.gov.il/mk/eng/mkindex_c..._eng.asp?view=1

As for the lies...

Did you ever been visits in Israel?

There are 13 Arabian members on the Israeli parliament and you still say, “many polls are rigged”?

Can you tell me pleas how many Jew serves on the Arabs parliament?

http://www.knesset.gov.il/mk/eng/mkindex_c..._eng.asp?view=1

As for the lies...

Did you ever been visits in Israel?

Seriously dude, your country isnt above corruption, no country, is, theyre all corrupt, all of them have done it and all of them will continue to do it, its how the world works, whether your an atheist or a jew.

Seriously dude, your country isnt above corruption, no country, is, theyre all corrupt, all of them have done it and all of them will continue to do it, its how the world works, whether your an atheist or a jew.

Look, I didn't say there is no corruption.

If I put the bad things against the good things I see around me better things then bad things.

Most in cases (in general) the news media looking for "blood" and they are not looking for the good things because this is the way they are getting the public attention.

The problem is that you are always fed (from the news media) with "poison" and you're unable see the good thing.

Look, I didn't say there is no corruption.

If I put the bad things against the good things I see around me better things then bad things.

Most in cases (in general) the news media looking for "blood" and they are not looking for the good things because this is the way they are getting the public attention.

The problem is that you are always fed (from the news media) with "poison" and you're unable see the good thing.

My problem isnt the media, its people like you, telling me what to think. Honestly, I dont really even watch the news, its boring, and its only task to to acheive ratings anyway, why would I want to watch something like that anyway, I get my news from various sources, then I extrapalate the truth as somewhere in the middle of what they all say. And honestly it usually turns out to be right.

The reason why you see good things around you is because your a jew, spend one day in a palestinians shoes and I guarantee you, the "good" you see will quickly disappear. (not that the palinians arent wrong too) youre both wrong, and thats why youre still fighting, both of you think youre right, when in reality, both of you are wrong. The reason why this fight is still going on is because theres not a just cause on either side.

My problem isnt the media, its people like you, telling me what to think. Honestly, I dont really even watch the news, its boring, and its only task to to acheive ratings anyway, why would I want to watch something like that anyway, I get my news from various sources, then I extrapalate the truth as somewhere in the middle of what they all say. And honestly it usually turns out to be right.

The reason why you see good things around you is because your a jew, spend one day in a palestinians shoes and I guarantee you, the "good" you see will quickly disappear. (not that the palinians arent wrong too) youre both wrong, and thats why youre still fighting, both of you think youre right, when in reality, both of you are wrong. The reason why this fight is still going on is because theres not a just cause on either side.

For someone who wasn’t be here in the Middle East (even one second) you think you know everything going on here without even listening to the news...

Someone might be thinking that you have spiritual connection to the WWW heaven news :) .

Oops… sorry… I forget that you don’t believe in GOD…

For someone who wasn’t be here in the Middle East (even one second) you think you know everything going on here without even listening to the news...

Someone might be thinking that you have spiritual connection to the WWW heaven news :hysterical: .

Oops… sorry… I forget that you don’t believe in GOD…

There you go. I hate people like you. You think you know everything, when in fact, you are a victim of ignorance. You are accusing people of not knowing, without even knowing their sources. My friend killbot could be getting his sources from someone who has been to the Middle East - as where i am getting it from (actually several). Your a chauvinist so there seems to be no way to get this through your head but YOUR COUNTRY IS NOT STABLE. If it was a true utopia as the site suggests, there would be no violence, no racial struggle, and no military nonsense by Israel.

What really pisses me off is your mention of religion and God. Who ever said he doesn't believe in God? Why does this even come into question. This is politics and for the sake of keeping the discussion purely a passive discussion of topics, i request to a moderator that yossicl's comment that i have quoted here be deleted or censored - or some course of action be taken. This is offensive to anyone - one who believes in god or not and it is especially disrespectful to use it in an argument or to try and diss someone.

There you go. I hate people like you. You think you know everything, when in fact, you are a victim of ignorance. You are accusing people of not knowing, without even knowing their sources. My friend killbot could be getting his sources from someone who has been to the Middle East - as where i am getting it from (actually several). Your a chauvinist so there seems to be no way to get this through your head but YOUR COUNTRY IS NOT STABLE. If it was a true utopia as the site suggests, there would be no violence, no racial struggle, and no military nonsense by Israel.

What really pisses me off is your mention of religion and God. Who ever said he doesn't believe in God? Why does this even come into question. This is politics and for the sake of keeping the discussion purely a passive discussion of topics, i request to a moderator that yossicl's comment that i have quoted here be deleted or censored - or some course of action be taken. This is offensive to anyone - one who believes in god or not and it is especially disrespectful to use it in an argument or to try and diss someone.

Thank you for defending me (i mean that, not being sarcastic), I have gotten my information from two of my very good friends, one is a palestinian, and one is a jew, both of them are from israel, and basically I get my info from them on what its really like, seeing as they go there frequently, and grew up there as kids. Also about the whole god thing, I dont believe in god, because I have said in this forum to Yossicl that I do not believe in god, in another conversation, however, Yossicl doesnt understand that just because somebody doesnt believe in god, doesnt mean their opinion is meaningless. Honestly I would rather follow my own path than follow a book based on the shortcomings of the Roman Empire, its worked out better for me heheh.

Im not a big fan of god myself, but I really dont mind if somebody uses it in an argument to diss me because it just makes them look stupid, I dont argue with people on this forum to change their minds, I do it for passers by, for people viewing it, kind of on the fence, because when a neutral person sees somebody with their {censored} strait, and using facts and figures to show their point, vs somebody who says "god said so" who are they gonna believe? thats the way I like to think about it.

Thank you for the post by the way, made me feel special ^_^

Thank you for defending me (i mean that, not being sarcastic), I have gotten my information from two of my very good friends, one is a palestinian, and one is a jew, both of them are from israel, and basically I get my info from them on what its really like, seeing as they go there frequently, and grew up there as kids. Also about the whole god thing, I dont believe in god, because I have said in this forum to Yossicl that I do not believe in god, in another conversation, however, Yossicl doesnt understand that just because somebody doesnt believe in god, doesnt mean their opinion is meaningless. Honestly I would rather follow my own path than follow a book based on the shortcomings of the Roman Empire, its worked out better for me heheh.

Im not a big fan of god myself, but I really dont mind if somebody uses it in an argument to diss me because it just makes them look stupid, I dont argue with people on this forum to change their minds, I do it for passers by, for people viewing it, kind of on the fence, because when a neutral person sees somebody with their {censored} strait, and using facts and figures to show their point, vs somebody who says "god said so" who are they gonna believe? thats the way I like to think about it.

Thank you for the post by the way, made me feel special :blink:

Dear Franzy,

Thank you for opening my eyes, I see that you are not a victim of ignorance but you have no rights to criticize my.

First you blame the Israelis “many polls are rigged”.

When I give you the truth behind your lie you have nothing to say about. Then when I said to killbot that he don’t believe in GOD, you say (about your “friend” killbot) “Who ever said he doesn't believe in God?” But it seems that you don’t know anything about your “friend” mmm… very weird…

As you killbot my friend, nobody "telling you what to think" you can think whatever you want. The thing is if we look the flowering example:

Take a glass of water with half of it filled with water, some will say it's half empty but some may say it's half full. It’s all about point of view, that’s all, and I hop you understand my meaning...

• 1 month later...

AcePlayer you asked you get... :blink:

BBC seeks to suppress bias report

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3319064,00.html

Network asks High Court to overturn decision that it publishes report into bias in coverage of Middle East conflict

What is keeping the BBC, which is ready to invest intense efforts and money, from publishing a report it commissioned to investigate whether its reporting is biased against Israel?

This question is being asked in Britain after a report about the BBC's petition to the High Court demanding the right to keep a report about its broadcasting secret. The report was commissioned by the BBC in 2003 and 2004.

In 2003, Israel complained about the broadcaster's coverage of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, accusing the BBC of being biased against Israel.

Among other things Israel condemned the BBC's refusal to call Palestinian suicide bombers "terrorists"

The crisis reached a nadir when Israel banned diplomats and government officials from speaking with the broadcaster over its release of a documentary claiming that Israel has numerous weapons of mass destruction.

In 2004, the BBC decided to appoint editorial advisor Malcolm Balen to pile a report about the organization's coverage of the Middle East conflict.

The BBC refused to publish the full report although acknowledged that its reporting was biased against Israel.

Ynet has a document detailing the legal saga between the BBC and Attorney Steven Sugar, who filed a court petition demanding the BBC release the report.

The publicly-funded report, which comprises 20,000 words, was withheld by the Information Commission.

Sugar told Ynet that his motivation was his belief that the public is entitled to have the full picture, especially when it comes to the complicated and entangled Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

He admitted that he has not conducted his own study on the subject but he said he trusts other studies that showed the BBC's coverage of the conflict is biased.

He noted Trevor Assersson of the Jerusalem Center for Public Affairs who found that the BBC's coverage of the conflict is biased and that the organization breaches all the norms of journalism required of a news body.

In 2005 the Freedom of Information act was passed in Britain. Sugar turned to the BBC with a request to have access to the report under the Act. He was surprised to be turned down.

He was told that his request was turned down because the BBC is not obliged to publish the report despite it being a public body.

Sugar then turned to the Information Commission which refused his request and sided with the BBC.

Sugar was determined and turned took the case to court. The court ruled that the BBC should make the report available to the public.

The BBC decided to appeal the decision at the High Court.

Sugar: BBC trying to hide something

Sugar vowed to continue the struggle against the BBC. He told Ynet he is not representing any social body but he believes that it is the tax-paying public's right to know whether in 2003 and 2004 the BBC covered the Middle East conflict in a biased way.

He said he believes that Balen is a neutral and objective editor and that he greatly appreciates his hard work in penning the report.

He said Balen will not object to the publication of the report but he estimates that the BBC would argue that the public has no right to know what an independent editor advised the broadcaster to do.

Sugar said what the BBC is trying to cover up is really important. He said it was after Balen's report that the BBC decided to appoint Jeremy Bowen as Middle East Editor despite the spirit of correspondent Orla Guerin who left Israel in response.

Sugar said he has noticed a change in the BBC's coverage of Israel which he links to the Balen report.

Ynet turned to the BBC for a response about why they are reluctant to withhold the report. A BBC spokeswoman said: "We will be appealing the decision of the Information Tribunal. This case has wider implications relating to the way that the Freedom of Information Act applies to public broadcasters.

• 2 weeks later...