fermi/gtx 480/gtx 470

cmf

1,729 posts in this topic

rabbit74, the latest compiled version: boot_memdetect.zip

Thanks for posting this, though it actually broke my memory detection, so I reinstalled [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]'s Chameleon loader. If it helps my motherboard is a P6T Deluxe V2, and I'm using DDR3 1600-clocked G.Skill RAM. Using the attached Chameleon, my RAM is detected as unknown DDR2-800.

I think [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] uses AsereBLN Chameleon v1.1.9. Since Asere removed all mem detection stuff from the sources only option I have is to use official chameleon revision. In the latest RC5 mem detection is disabled. I have made couple of changes to reenable it. I think RC5 uses Asere's sources for mem detection, but from which version of his booter? So mem detection in RC5 could be different from mem detection in latest Asere v1.1.9.

Mojodojo - Thanks for posting the booter.

Just an update. I have tried everything in this post for my GTX-460 but so far no success. Just keep booting to blank screen. I'll keep trying and post back if things improve.

So far the only way to boot to desktop is with NVEnabler in Low graphics mode. Any chance of modifying NVEnabler for Fermi?

rabbit.

I think [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] uses AsereBLN Chameleon v1.1.9. Since Asere removed all mem detection stuff from the sources only option I have is to use official chameleon revision. In the latest RC5 mem detection is disabled. I have made couple of changes to reenable it. I think RC5 uses Asere's sources for mem detection, but from which version of his booter? So mem detection in RC5 could be different from mem detection in latest Asere v1.1.9.

I think cham rc5 don't use for memdetect the asere code, rekursor asked to asere for "that" code but nothing, this always for that i remember. The memdetect code in rc5 i believe is rekursor's "concept", completely.

2. A question, "your" memdetect read the speed of memory ALSO to fly? In last rc5 this is disable. If yes, can you post the diff file?

Sorry for english :rolleyes:

I think it's Asere's code because of his copyright in source files. You could allways download sources from here. I dont understand what does it means "Also on the fly"? It's the same code but slightly changed by me to be worked.

tmongkol Thanks for your help.

Re:

try to add 0x0e2210de Go to 1st post.

I went back over everything. I think I am doing all the same. Have tried some variations.

Did I get the " Go back to first post" because I mentioned using NVEnabler? I am using it on a secondary drive only so I can boot in to make mods on the other drive with the new nv-4xxx drivers. It's just easier than swapping out the card every time I want to boot in to make mods. For actually testing the card I am using GraphicsEnabler=Yes with no NVEnabler. Actually tried with and without DSDT still no luck though.

I appreciate your help.

Thoughts, ideas are all welcome.

tried lspci as per humph's suggestion and got:

ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ lspci
00:00.0 RAM memory: nVidia Corporation MCP61 Memory Controller (rev a1)
00:01.0 ISA bridge: nVidia Corporation MCP61 LPC Bridge (rev a2)
00:01.1 SMBus: nVidia Corporation MCP61 SMBus (rev a2)
00:01.2 RAM memory: nVidia Corporation MCP61 Memory Controller (rev a2)
00:02.0 USB Controller: nVidia Corporation MCP61 USB Controller (rev a3)
00:02.1 USB Controller: nVidia Corporation MCP61 USB Controller (rev a3)
00:04.0 PCI bridge: nVidia Corporation MCP61 PCI bridge (rev a1)
00:05.0 Audio device: nVidia Corporation MCP61 High Definition Audio (rev a2)
00:06.0 IDE interface: nVidia Corporation MCP61 IDE (rev a2)
00:07.0 Bridge: nVidia Corporation MCP61 Ethernet (rev a2)
00:08.0 IDE interface: nVidia Corporation MCP61 SATA Controller (rev a2)
00:09.0 PCI bridge: nVidia Corporation MCP61 PCI Express bridge (rev a2)
02:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation Device 0e22 (rev a1)
02:00.1 Audio device: nVidia Corporation Device 0beb (rev a1)

So have been using 0x0e2210de&0xffe0ffff as per your suggestion.

Thanks again.

A little patience and persevering and I am sure to succeed.

rabbit.

I think it's Asere's code because of his copyright in source files. You could allways download sources from here.

mmmm strange, i don't know. I remember a rekursor very angry about the "not" release of code from Asere, i do not know if then the things are changed. I remember also that rek maked new algo for detect mem. Some months ago.

I dont understand what does it means "Also on the fly"? It's the same code but slightly changed by me to be worked.

On the fly, with memdetect=yes and rc5 official, with my banks of ram for example on p5q deluxe in oc to 900 MHz, are read ONLY and always to 800 MHz. Because initially there is a problem with that code and rek disabilities this function.

With asere boot instead "on fly" works great from always, without problem. 900 MHz are read 900 MHz.

This was my question, repeat i don't know if the things are changed, but with last rev of cham for ddr2 the ram is read always of default frequency.

This function should be functional also on official rev, i think. I wanted to add your changes to valv boot, that i' ve mod a bit for my convenience.

Ciao :D

tmongkol Thanks for your help.

Re:

I went back over everything. I think I am doing all the same. Have tried some variations.

Did I get the " Go back to first post" because I mentioned using NVEnabler? I am using it on a secondary drive only so I can boot in to make mods on the other drive with the new nv-4xxx drivers. It's just easier than swapping out the card every time I want to boot in to make mods. For actually testing the card I am using GraphicsEnabler=Yes with no NVEnabler. Actually tried with and without DSDT still no luck though.

Please try to reset display configuration

A little help guys?

can anyone confirm that the Gainward GTX 470 is working? because I am gonna buy one, and don't wanna waste my money :(

I was going to buy the Gigabyte one, but it seems to give black screens from what I understood from the whole thread posts.

edit: can somebody try to update the firmware of the Gigabyte cards, and report back if they work?

"This document could not be autosaved because you don’t have write access privileges to the folder that it’s in"

I keep this error when I try to edit the NVDAResman.kext info.plist to include the 470 id.

I'm just trying to use text edit to edit the file.

Thanks, need to set a password to save I guess, still doesn't see my 470 though.

In iAtkos s3 v2 theres an option to set the vid card to pci-1 I think ( it says it's because it sets to 0 by default) wonder if that could make a difference.

Thanks, need to set a password to save I guess, still doesn't see my 470 though.

In iAtkos s3 v2 theres an option to set the vid card to pci-1 I think ( it says it's because it sets to 0 by default) wonder if that could make a difference.

most, if not all users with evga 4xx reported success with their cards..

there must be something wrong with your procedures.

is your card in stock rom/clocks and not overclocked by any chance?

most, if not all users with evga 4xx reported success with their cards..

there must be something wrong with your procedures.

is your card in stock rom/clocks and not overclocked by any chance?

No it's not overclocked in anyway, it must be my procedures.

I basicly tried to follow the first post, through the iAtkos S3 v2 install I checked off the Chameleon Rc4 boot loader and the Aserebln boot loader that was on there ? do I have to actually install one of the ones from the first post ?

And I also checked off Graphics enabler to say yes in the iAtkos install but that was it as far as vid related options that I checked off, I didn't touch any of the Nvidia options lower down the list.

No it's not overclocked in anyway, it must be my procedures.

I basicly tried to follow the first post, through the iAtkos S3 v2 install I checked off the Chameleon Rc4 boot loader and the Aserebln boot loader that was on there ? do I have to actually install one of the ones from the first post ?

And I also checked off Graphics enabler to say yes in the iAtkos install but that was it as far as vid related options that I checked off, I didn't touch any of the Nvidia options lower down the list.

try reinstalling everything in the first post from the beginning, including the chameleon bootloader, and see what happens..

aslo try not editing NVDAResman.kext and install the kext from This Post instead.

good luck

"including the chameleon bootloader" What do you exactly mean buy this ? install it via the iAtkos S3 install and if so which one ? rc5 or rc4 ?, or do you mean install the chameleon that's on the first post only ?

Are you saying to reinstall iAtkos S3 6.3 and then install 6.4 update also ? just wanting to clarify to install all of it again.

Tried installing everything again plus the fermi fix.kext with out the id , get black screen (monitor goes to sleep/pause/off mode) even with -x.

"including the chameleon bootloader" What do you exactly mean buy this ? install it via the iAtkos S3 install and if so which one ? rc5 or rc4 ?, or do you mean install the chameleon that's on the first post only ?

Are you saying to reinstall iAtkos S3 6.3 and then install 6.4 update also ? just wanting to clarify to install all of it again.

Tried installing everything again plus the fermi fix.kext with out the id , get black screen (monitor goes to sleep/pause/off mode) even with -x.

no, try the one on the first post.

if you are already on 10.6.4, then you don't need to do that again.

try putting the id on the fix kext and see if it works..

ok here's my case.

i have a Radeon 4890 and upgraded to GTX470.

got it all working showing the vendor ID, VRAM size, detected my card Nvidia, etc.

but why the H*ll it's showing ATI Radeon 4890 in GPU Chipset?

and i got 1024x768 resolution only.

please help guys.

thanks.

Hi

Is anyone able to check this edit for me?

Trying to add my device string to NVFermi.fix.kext

Card is: Gigabyte GTX-460, 768M GDD5

Device id is 0e22 so have created 0x10DE0E22de&0xfff0ffff to insert as follows.

Original

<string>0x06c010de&0xfff0ffff 0x06cd10de&amp;0xfff0ffff 0x06cd010de&amp;0xfff0ffff 0x011010de&0xfff8ffff 0x017010de&0xfff8ffff 0x017910de 0x018010de&0xfff8ffff 0x018810de 0x018910de 0x020010de&0xfff8ffff 0x025010de&0xfff8ffff 0x028010de&0xfff8ffff 0x030010de&0xfff8ffff 0x031010de&0xfff8ffff 0x031910de 0x034910de 0x05e010de&0xfff8ffff 0x05f010de&0xfff0ffff</string>

Modified:

<string>0x10DE0E22de&0xfff0ffff 0x06c010de&0xfff0ffff 0x06cd10de&amp;0xfff0ffff 0x06cd010de&amp;0xfff0ffff 0x011010de&0xfff8ffff 0x017010de&0xfff8ffff 0x017910de 0x018010de&0xfff8ffff 0x018810de 0x018910de 0x020010de&0xfff8ffff 0x025010de&0xfff8ffff 0x028010de&0xfff8ffff 0x030010de&0xfff8ffff 0x031010de&0xfff8ffff 0x031910de 0x034910de 0x05e010de&0xfff8ffff 0x05f010de&0xfff0ffff</string>

Just not sure if I am adding the string properly.

Original kext by ANARCHiNTOSH

rabbit.

me to.

I just did: fdisk, dd, cp... instead.

r.

Could you elaborate fdisk,dd,cp ?

and does it matter if I installed Chem RC4 and Asber via the iAtkos install ? can I still install the Chem on the first post without problems or should I start all over and insatll iAtkos again and not check off any bootloader ?

Aw, WHAT? No 5xxx support yet but Apple is already adding support for Nvidia's power-gobbling branding iron of a card?

Screw the Fermi. I don't need a 300w video card that nearly hits 100C under load. Give me 5870 support or give me death!

Um no. 100c is like, what it reaches when you blow the card up with benchmarks and don't up the fans.

But yeah, maybe you're jealous. Just Sayin.