[GUIDE] Snow Leopard Retail 10.6.X on P5Q Series

Installed SNOW LEOPARD Retail Successfully  

393 members have voted

1. 1. Were you able to install SNOW LEOPARD Retail Successfully?

• Yes
    • No

507 posts in this topic

try this package, for video 10.6.4 exotics

for usb try to install also this before reboot with kext helper:

PCIkext

for audio try HDA from here

working applehda(alc1200)

this work for me, be sure to remove voodohda,hdaenabler,(previous)applehda, then install this with kext helper, it may give you KP at reboot, dont worry is normal, press restart, and should work, after reboot in control panel->audio->set the correct output->enjoy

if video still dont work you can try, to use 10.6.2 kext + graphics enabler=yes, all be sure that nullcpupowermanagement kext and fakesmc 2.5 are in your extra/extensions folder.

ps: i suggest to try to install one thing for time, so for any issue you will know what to remove, also i read somewhere that 4850 is perfect on 10.6.3 so revert to 10.6.3 would be a good idea if nothing else work

edit: now i got full 10.6.4 64bit kernel, work....even the 4890 now work with full QE/CI .....unfortunately ive already bought gtx285 -.-, well doesnt matter at this point im going to change it aniway...

• 2 weeks later...
does anyone have kext for ad2000b audio and marvell 88E8056 and marvell 88E8001?

i've a P5Q DELUXE with 10.6.4 and i'm not able to activate sound and lan

Many thanks

Try this for Audio

http://www.kexts.com/view/406-binary_patch..._10.6.4%29.html

For Lan

Marvell Yukon 88E8056 PCI-E

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=47448 and

Marvell Yukon 88E8001/8003/8010 PCI

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=47449

or try the Drivers from here

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=188371

I upgrade my system from 10.5.7 to 10.6.4 following this great guide.

First, I installed 10.6 following the guide, then upgrade to 10.6.4 with Apple's SW update.

After that, check and activate 64 bits and configure time machine, now works perfectly (with 10.5 it doesn't work).

Just no sound (I don't put the correct kext yet) and suspend problem ... I don't know how to solve it, any idea? :D

BUT... I upgrade the Graphics driver from the software update of Apple, cross my fingers, reboot the system... and works too !!!! :(

My system,

P45 Pro

9800GT/512MB

Intel Core 2 Duo@3MHz

4GB RAM

I upgrade my system from 10.5.7 to 10.6.4 following this great guide.

First, I installed 10.6 following the guide, then upgrade to 10.6.4 with Apple's SW update.

After that, check and activate 64 bits and configure time machine, now works perfectly (with 10.5 it doesn't work).

Just no sound (I don't put the correct kext yet) and suspend problem ... I don't know how to solve it, any idea? :D

BUT... I upgrade the Graphics driver from the software update of Apple, cross my fingers, reboot the system... and works too !!!! :)

My system,

P45 Pro

9800GT/512MB

Intel Core 2 Duo@3MHz

4GB RAM

Which Motherboard are you using?

Which Motherboard are you using?

sorry RoberT_XeS, I'm using P5Q PRO motherboard w/2102 Bios by Juzzi :(

My system:

P5Q Pro

9800GT/512MB

Intel Core 2 Duo@3MHz

4GB RAM

Thanks in advance :)

hello, i have snow 10.6.2 working with your guide and all the questions and ansewrs (thanks for that!!!! :D ) but i have some questions:

- sleep is not working with the save energy parameters, and if i use sleep on the apple menu the display goes black and it doesnt wake. something i can do?

- i have 2 disks; 1 with 2 partitions for Win7 and Docs and the other one with 2 partitions for leopard and snow. since snow is working ok, if a delete leopard will i still be able to boot snow? and if i need to reinstall win7?

thanks

(asus p5q, ati hd4670, E8400)

hello, i have snow 10.6.2 working with your guide and all the questions and ansewrs (thanks for that!!!! :( ) but i have some questions:

- sleep is not working with the save energy parameters, and if i use sleep on the apple menu the display goes black and it doesnt wake. something i can do?

- i have 2 disks; 1 with 2 partitions for Win7 and Docs and the other one with 2 partitions for leopard and snow. since snow is working ok, if a delete leopard will i still be able to boot snow? and if i need to reinstall win7?

thanks

(asus p5q, ati hd4670, E8400)

If you have installed the boot loader in the Snow drive then you can delete the Leopard drive.

I have a question, at this step:

1. Reboot your Machine and keep on pressing F8.

2. This will give you an option to select Boot Drive

3. Select the USB Drive

4. Type in -x -v and then press Enter

5. Follow the instructions and you will get an option to select the Drive in which you want to install Snow Leopard

6. Run Disk Utility and then right click on the Drive which you want to erase and then select Erase.

7. Now close Disk Utility and then select the drive which you just formatted and then continue.

8. Now click on Customize and then unselect Language Translations and Printer Drivers if you do not need them.

9. Once done, restart the computer.

When you say about selecting boot drive, and tell me to choose USB Drive, if I do using an internal HDD Partition, like you said it's possible, what then should I do? Since I can only select the whole Hard Drive to boot, not a specific partition, how should I proceed then?

Another simple question, I currently have Windows 7 installed on Partition 1, My partition 2 is for my computer movies, games and etc... and partition 3 will have the retail image while Partition 4 will be where i'll install Mac OS X system, Can I proceed it anyway or it need to be specifically:

partition 1 = Windows

partition 2 = MAC

?

Thanks for now...

I have a question, at this step:

1. Reboot your Machine and keep on pressing F8.

2. This will give you an option to select Boot Drive

3. Select the USB Drive

4. Type in -x -v and then press Enter

5. Follow the instructions and you will get an option to select the Drive in which you want to install Snow Leopard

6. Run Disk Utility and then right click on the Drive which you want to erase and then select Erase.

7. Now close Disk Utility and then select the drive which you just formatted and then continue.

8. Now click on Customize and then unselect Language Translations and Printer Drivers if you do not need them.

9. Once done, restart the computer.

When you say about selecting boot drive, and tell me to choose USB Drive, if I do using an internal HDD Partition, like you said it's possible, what then should I do? Since I can only select the whole Hard Drive to boot, not a specific partition, how should I proceed then?

Another simple question, I currently have Windows 7 installed on Partition 1, My partition 2 is for my computer movies, games and etc... and partition 3 will have the retail image while Partition 4 will be where i'll install Mac OS X system, Can I proceed it anyway or it need to be specifically:

partition 1 = Windows

partition 2 = MAC

?

Thanks for now...

You can just select the hard drive in which you have the retail image and you will be able to see the boot screen in which you can boot into retail image......

Also You can continue with the partition that you currently have...

Hey there Im noob with the Mac OS project I have a P5Q-EM board I can boot into MAC OS installation but after the install while booting MAC OS in -v verbose I see errors from firewire/usb. I tried to disable firewire but then it comes with usbehci error. I think that I choose wrong packets for kernel or for my Mobo. :unsure:

What packets should I use in order to install MAC OS on my P5Q-EM board cuz im really newbie on this one im using iPC 10.5. DVD. I followed your guide from

HERE

And I am posting on this thread as you advised.

FROM NOW ON PLEASE POST ALL THE QUERY IN MY SNOW LEOPARD THREAD BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE MUCH TIME TO FOLLOW THIS THREAD

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=213336

;)

Hey there Im noob with the Mac OS project I have a P5Q-EM board I can boot into MAC OS installation but after the install while booting MAC OS in -v verbose I see errors from firewire/usb. I tried to disable firewire but then it comes with usbehci error. I think that I choose wrong packets for kernel or for my Mobo. ;)

What packets should I use in order to install MAC OS on my P5Q-EM board cuz im really newbie on this one im using iPC 10.5. DVD. I followed your guide from

HERE

And I am posting on this thread as you advised.

:)

try -x -v cpus=1

also let me know what are the options that you selected while installing?

try -x -v cpus=1

also let me know what are the options that you selected while installing?

This is the packet list.

Click Here

And the packets I choosed was:

Kernel: 9.4.0 StageXNU Universal Kernel

Drivers:

Video:NVidia: NVinject 0.2.1 256MB VRAM ( I have a GeForce8600GT DDR3 256 Ram)

Chipset Drivers: Intel ICH10 SATA Support

Audio Drivers: No Selection(I plan to put the kext after I boot into it)

Ethernet Drivers: Realtek R100.

Wireless Drivers: No Wifi Installed.

USB Drivers: Patched USB Drivers.

Power Management: No Packets Selected

Fixes and patches: Verbose Mode.

Alternative Disablers: No Packets Selected.

PS/2 Device Support: No Packets Selected.

DSDT Patches: No Packets Selected.

AppleSMBIOS Patch: AppleSMBIOS-27 Rev3 1066MHz(I have 1066MHz FSB)

Alternative Bootloaders: No Selection.

Applications: All selected.

As I said before The CD Boots Fine and Installs Fine without any issue. But it does not boot MAC OS after restart. I think its the wrong packets that I choose.

these are my PC specs:

NVidia: 8600GTS 256 VRAM

Both HDD and DVD driver are on the IDE Channel

6GB 1066MHz Ram and

Intel Core2Duo 2.93GHz 1066MHz.

The rest are known from my P5Q-EM Mobo.

This is the packet list.

Click Here

And the packets I choosed was:

Kernel: 9.4.0 StageXNU Universal Kernel

Drivers:

Video:NVidia: NVinject 0.2.1 256MB VRAM ( I have a GeForce8600GT DDR3 256 Ram)

Chipset Drivers: Instel ICH10 SATA Support

Audio Drivers: No Selection(I plan to put the kext after I boot into it)

Ethernet Drivers: Realtek R100.

Wireless Drivers: No Wifi Installed.

USB Drivers: Patched USB Drivers.

Power Management: No Packets Selected

Fixes and patches: Verbose Mode.

Alternative Disablers: No Packets Selected.

PS/2 Device Support: No Packets Selected.

DSDT Patches: No Packets Selected.

AppleSMBIOS Patch: AppleSMBIOS-27 Rev3 1066MHz(I have 1066MHz FSB)

Alternative Bootloaders: No Selection.

Applications: All selected.

As I said before The CD Boots Fine and Installs Fine without any issue. But it does not boot MAC OS after restart. I think its the wrong packets that I choose.

these are my PC specs:

NVidia: 8600GTS 256 VRAM

Both HDD and DVD driver are on the IDE Channel

6GB 1066MHz Ram and

Intel Core2Duo 2.93GHz 1066MHz.

The rest are known from my P5Q-EM Mobo.

Do not select any kernel and also do not select any graphics driver and check.....you can install the graphics driver later....

Ok I am back again but writing this time from my MACosX :star_sunglasses:).

I unchecked the kernel this time, I selected NVinject 0.2 Default for video drivers, but instead of selecting the "Intel ICH10 SATA Support" I choose the "SAS/SiS/Via/Marvell" and everything went fine.

I may note for P5Q-EM Users who use IDE adapter for their HDD/DVD they should use that Kext "SAS/SiS/Via/Marvell" for P5Q-EM Chipset. The Marvell IDE Adapter was not working without that kext so did my HDD. Thats why after the installation I kept getting "Still waiting for root device". Both USB/Firewire Errors were normal because Marvell IDE and my HDD was a ghost, so the OS was trying to find Boot device from Firewire and USB. Thanks for the guide I will vote for "Yes" =))

Ok I am back again but writing this time from my MACosX :star_sunglasses: ).

I unchecked the kernel this time, I selected NVinject 0.2 Default for video drivers, but instead of selecting the "Intel ICH10 SATA Support" I choose the "SAS/SiS/Via/Marvell" and everything went fine.

I may note for P5Q-EM Users who use IDE adapter for their HDD/DVD they should use that Kext "SAS/SiS/Via/Marvell" for P5Q-EM Chipset. The Marvell IDE Adapter was not working without that kext so did my HDD. Thats why after the installation I kept getting "Still waiting for root device". Both USB/Firewire Errors were normal because Marvell IDE and my HDD was a ghost, so the OS was trying to find Boot device from Firewire and USB. Thanks for the guide I will vote for "Yes" =))

Good to know that....Now you can try to install Snow Leopard.......

I realise this might be a somewhat outdated subject, but...

Any ideas on how to enable sleep on P5Q Deluxe?

I've installed SL via [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and tried damn near anything besides digging through DSDT (including flashing a tweaked BIOS, either Shaumux', smith@@'s or both, can't remember anymore). I've tried a number of different kexts, all to no avail.

Also, while i've gotten both LAN adapters to work (tweaked IONetworkingFamily and skge.kext), Bonjour doesn't work with either (so i can't get the AFP nor iTunes sharing to work).

I'd be grateful for any/all help ;)

Do not select any kernel and also do not select any graphics driver and check.....you can install the graphics driver later....

Hi

Thank you for your guide. It is working very nice buth I can't instal Ati 4800 controler filowing guide for this card

ATI HD 4770

Till now i never had display options for changing resolution but i managed to swtitch in 1400x1050 editing apple.com boot pilst and get thumbunals of pictures in the finder but not in the preview. I can watch mov. files.

in the profiler under extensions there is atti frame buffer, atti support an evoenabler 4770,

There is no atti 4800 contrler so that is the reason why i can't get native reolution as i have understand from Rafirafi explantation of importancy to get it as as first step.

Going for new fresh instal because somthing prevents atti 4800 contrler to install.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot.

Svetolik

Hi

Thank you for your guide. It is working very nice buth I can't instal Ati 4800 controler filowing guide for this card

ATI HD 4770

Till now i never had display options for changing resolution but i managed to swtitch in 1400x1050 editing apple.com boot pilst and get thumbunals of pictures in the finder but not in the preview. I can watch mov. files.

in the profiler under extensions there is atti frame buffer, atti support an evoenabler 4770,

There is no atti 4800 contrler so that is the reason why i can't get native reolution as i have understand from Rafirafi explantation of importancy to get it as as first step.

Going for new fresh instal because somthing prevents atti 4800 contrler to install.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot.

Svetolik

you can try this

EVOEnabler.kext

or try this

http://netkas.org/?p=459